Author Topic: Verifiable Unicorn Adoption  (Read 5581 times)

Offline Wevee

• Llama Wrangler
Verifiable Unicorn Adoption
« on: October 22, 2011, 11:01:00 AM »
I did not want to post this with the other unicorn thread as it has far too much misinformation with inviting a unicorn to join your household.  If you don't want to know how it can be done, please read no further.

The key to inviting a unicorn is having a specific number of (animal or sim) best friends, not specific animals as some have suggested.  I have done this 4 times specifically to see if all will result in having a unicorn join, the only difference is the amount of time it takes for the unicorn to spawn.  The longest being the attempt with a mixture of animals at day 5 of week 2, the shortest was with only horses at day 5 week 1.

This is easily repeatable and each run through took a little over 30 minutes (an hour with 2 cats, 2 dogs and a horse).  I will be showing screenshots and videos from the horses only run through for a couple reasons.  First, it was the most extensive with screenshots and videos.  Second, because if all a person wants is a unicorn, they can then sell the horses for a profit.   This may be possible with 3 or 4 pets, but I went with 5 just to be sure it would work and still have one spot open for the unicorn to join.

Meet Reynaldo!
his traits are:  Equestrian, Charismatic, Loves the Outdoors, Ambitious and Friendly.  His Lifetime wish is to be a jockey

He is a simple man, with a love for all things with 4 legs that are taller then him.  

Once he is best friends with all of the horses, he spends his days and nights looking for rain clouds.  Because where there is rain, there is a rainbow with a unicorn at the end of it!

Rain clouds mean a Unicorn is near by!

Once Reynaldo sees the rain clouds he drops everything and heads off to introduce himself to the new 4 legged animal in the neighborhood.

Meet Eldin Horse, the unicorn.  

Reynaldo takes some time feeding him carrots, and petting him until Eldin gives him his Unicorn blessing, as seen here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE9Tn5T-1vo  the video covers the last few seconds of receiving the blessing, a positive moodlet lasting 8 hours.  Once this happens you know you are able to invite the unicorn to join your household.

Nervous, Reynaldo works up the courage to ask Eldin to join his family http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFw7AmxQlMA  Here you can clearly see that Reynaldo has only 5 best friends, his horses, and 1 friend that he just made in Eldin.  The rest are wild horses he watched on his home lot.

Lastly, here you can see 2 new friends riding off into the sunse-err-rise http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7S_oEUl82w  Mostly this video was to show the length of time, I am mousing over the time to show the day number.

Eldin Horse has maxed out riding and jumping, age: adult with 97 days to age up ( at week 1 day 5 )
In the 3 other attempts:  
  • Dogs only had Eldin adult with 94 days
  • Cats only had Dany Horse adult with 86 days
  • 2 Dogs, 2 Cats and 1 horse had Dany Horse adult with 84 days

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Verifiable Unicorn Adoption
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 02:46:55 PM »
Hi Wevee.

I removed "spoiler" from the subject line because we don't worry about spoilers here.  We're all here to share information, so there's no need to tag anything as a spoiler.

Also, your last two pictures and your videos are very dark.  I'm assuming you took them at night.  You said you've done this several times.  Do you have any daylight pictures?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wevee

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 03:24:56 PM »
I was never able to find one during the day to invite it, I always found them at night but here are pictures of both the black and white unicorns.

I especially like the one where Eldin is jumping the water jump and when Dany is blessing my sim.  Also, I love the little beard that Eldin has

Offline Lizzy

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 03:31:46 PM »
Those jumping photo's are really pretty!

Offline Wevee

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 03:37:15 PM »
They did a great job on the animation for the jumping.  I didn't want to post any just standing around, it just looks too boring  :)

Zetshia

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 03:41:23 PM »
I had a Unicorn on Week 1 Day 1 and my sim only had 1 sim friend, so it appears there is at least a small random chance of unicorns without any pet friends. My sim was riding her friend's horse when the unicorn appeared so maybe being in the saddle helps. I was able to approch and pet the unicorn but I couldn't adopt the unicorn as my riding skill was too low :(

VampirePlasma

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 04:02:01 PM »
Yeah, I think you need to be able to ride bareback to adopt it?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline candyraver69

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 05:11:07 AM »
Thanks for figuring out the key :)

I knew cats and dogs weren't part of it because I adopted my first unicorn without ever friending any dogs or cats, but I thought a sim might be because when I tried to adopt a second I couldn't.

Yay, now I can go back to just friending horses again :D who needs sims?

Offline Wevee

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 08:13:57 AM »
This is not the only way to get the unicorn into someones household, of course, but without tracking hidden talents etc, this is a pretty easy and painless way to get to one quickly.  

edit:  and I just noticed that the screenshots have disappeared, I will fix that shortly.

anything