Author Topic: ~*Unicorn Guide*~  (Read 23648 times)

VampirePlasma

~*Unicorn Guide*~
« on: October 24, 2011, 07:24:34 PM »
[Mods feel free to remove this thread if you feel like it shouldn't have been posted]

The reason I didn't post it in the Unicorns thread is because I feel like it was important and it needed it's own thread.
I read that Carl was going to set up the Unicorn page in his wonderful guide. And I think the Unicorns are very neat, my favorite part of this EP.
I really want to help, so I decided maybe we could all help by providing a bit of info.
Here is a couple of things I would appreciate.

-When (daytime, nighttime?) and where(I would like to see in each Town, SV,Twinbrook, etc. But you don't have to.) did you find it.
-I am pretty sure all unicorns have maxed Racing and Jumping skills, but I would like your note on this.
-What riding skill did you adopt her/him? I got it when my Sim was able to ride Bareback, but I would also like your feedback.
-Can anyone get a safe answer for this? MoonsAreBlue showed us that you can add the Beard using the Edit Saddle interaction, I tried it, for both female and male. Does anyone know if the Lion tail defines whether the Unicorn is male? Have you found a female unicorn with a Lion Tail?
-Do you need to be friends to adopt a Unicorn? Best Friends? [The reason I don't know is because I cheated through my test game.]

If anything comes up I'll edit this post. Thanks for your help!

Leto85

Re: ~*Unicorn Guide*~ Please Help.
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 07:39:46 PM »
Nice topic. I won't remove it.

To the second line: I think every unicorn comes with maxed Racing and Jumping skills, but don't confuse this with overskilled: they have not fulfilled any skill challenge at al, which I find pretty surprising as that means the unicorn is at level 10 Jumping, without having jumped ever before.

My sim has adopted the unicorn at level 10 riding, with a good relationship with his cat, dog and horse.

I don't realy know what a lion tale is. Something special you have to unlock, or didn't I just knew the name?

Yes, you need to be friends with the unicorn. And as far as I know this doesn't have to be Best Friends, but I assume being Best Friends on forehand will garantee you at a higher change of being able to bring back a unicorn at home. (Mom, look what I've found!)

You could add information according to the breeding section of unicorns, and crossbreeding section between unicorns and horses. I know Lizzy is being bussy with this. You could ask her for more information.
Also, now we're talking about it: I would like to see a mixture between a black, and a white unicorn. Perhaps a picture from that specie will also be very nice in the guide.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 08:07:04 PM »
Thanks Leto. A lion tail, look at the Unicorn on the right. The tail isn't that visible but you can see it isn't like the one next to him.

I will start writting up some kind of small guide to PM to Carl as soon as am done. I will also contact Lizzy, I have also been very busy with this but I have 2 females unicorns, black and white. Thanks so much! I really appreciatte all the help I can get!

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 08:10:04 PM »
My first unicorn sighting yay! I am at Cinnamon Crest Falls in AP and I was there watching a falcon hoping to be able to friend it with no luck and my sim got a wish to "watch Boots Horse" with the picture being a unicorn and from past experience that means it was on the lot so I zoomed out and sure enough I see the rainbow everyone says is there so I zoom back and notice it is right behind my Sim! Anyways it's 8:38 PM Sunday of Week 2 so Week 2 Day 1! White and no lion tale but I don't know if it is male of female yet but it has 2 traits to unlock! Hope that helps some. Will give more info as I get it.

Edited: My horse can socialize with the unicorn without watching it or anything first! Hoping to see if my horse being friends with the unicorn will help my sim to adopt!

VampirePlasma

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 08:13:08 PM »
Thanks! Another nighttime find! This makes my theory stronger  :P
Please report when you get it, if it's female or male and skills, your Sims riding skill. Thankies!

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 08:14:27 PM »
Here's a picture of the lion tail, Leto. It's long and doesn't have fur til the end of it, like a lion! It's not anything that needs to be unlocked, just my male unicorn came with it. Also, it's not really CAP where you can edit the unicorn for the beard, it's through an interaction called Edit Saddle, where you can change mane length and saddles and bridles and whatnot, ike Change Appearance or Plan Outfit for sims.

I can't remember the name of the lot I found my unicorn on, but it was at night.
My unicorn had Jumping and Racing maxed, no skills completed, though.
My sim was level 10 in riding and had already adopted a wild horse.
I'm still pretty certain that in the wild, male unicorns have the beard and lion tail, and females have no beard and a regular tail, even though the beard can be added via Edit Saddle. But if you breed, there's a random chance that your unicorn will have a beard, regardless of gender, because it is an option that can be toggled, regardless of gender.
My sim was friends when she adopted the unicorn. I'm certain that you have to be friends because I didn't have enough time to become friends with it the first time she encountered it (5am came too quickly), but the second time she did, as soon as they became friends, she invited him to join the household.

Sorry I see two people posted while I was typing, but I have a lot of stuff, so I'm going to leave it the same.
Make that three!

VampirePlasma

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 08:21:38 PM »
Thank you Moons!  :D
I also think that man male Unicorns have a lion tail and beard in the Wild. Your pictures is also very neat!
Leto there you can take a better look at the lion tail.
About the beard yes it can be randomly added no matter the Gender, I got Nutnut here as example.
So the first time you found it at night (right?) and the second?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 08:28:15 PM »
I only see the rainbow when it drinks otherwise it's just like rainbow like cloud!
Edited: Anyone get different results for the rainbow?
Edited again: Unicorn disappeared at 5:05 AM and after watching from the time it showed up till it disappeared minus the two times I tried to let it sniff me they are not even friends yet! But on the plus side it did sniff me right before it disappeared! Yay! And another note my sim has the equestrian trait if that matters!

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 09:14:08 PM »
@Vamp

It was night both times.

The rainbow only seems to show up when my unicorn is grazing during the day. When I met my unicorn it let me do almost everything to it immediately except feed it. It gave me a message saying something like "Orion Horse doesn't seem to be hungry right now."

VampirePlasma

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 09:29:02 PM »
So I found out something VERY interesting! When your fertilize a plant with a Unicorn's... fertilizer there is a small percent that your plant will become a Life Fruit! It happened just now!!  :D Can anyone do some testing?

This is what I have so far. I've researched alot. (cough-playing&reading-cough) :D Updated 10/25/11
Unicorns.
Random Facts:
•   There is a 40% chance that Unicorns appear every night from 8:00PM to 5:00AM.
•   Most Unicorns have been found near fishing spots.
•   Unicorns have white need bars and they decay slower than other horses.
•   Unicorns run faster than other horses!
•   They leave a sparkling trail when they run.
•   Most Unicorns that have been found, by users in this forum, were found during nighttime.
•   All unicorns have maxed Racing and Jumping Skil(Not Skill Challenges Done).
Adopting a Unicorn
•   You need to be Best Friends Forever with 3 creatures (Sim, dog, cats, horses.)
To find a unicorn hope you get lucky. It might take a few weeks or in some cases Sim Days for them to spawn. Zoom out during nighttime to Map View and search for an Aurora Borealis. Most Unicorns have been found near Cinnamon Crest Falls and Water Treatment (In Appaloosa Plains). You will need to get there fast before it teleports away. You’ll need to watch it for a while, your relationship with him/her.  Once you reached a bit after acquaintance interact with it, let it sniff your Sims hand, feed it (if it’s hungry). There is a 50% chance your Sim gets blessed and 75% chance she/he gets cursed after certain interactions. It will eventually Bless your Sim (or Curse!) to let you know if she/he likes you or not. Once you reached Friends it’s safe to click Friendly, Ask to Join Household. The Unicorn will ask your Sim to prove him/herself Friend of All Creatures. For this you will need to become Best Friends Forever with 3 Household pets of any kind. A combination of Horse, Dog, and Cat, 3 Horses, 2 Dogs and 1 Cat etc.  After your Sim completes this task, sadly, you’ll have to wait till your Unicorn Friend appears again, so keep an eye out! Once you find your Unicorn ask it again to Join your Household and it will accept. Congratulations! You now have a Unicorn as part of your household!
•   Once you adopt this Unicorn another one will spawn in replacement.
•   You are not allowed to sell your Unicorn or put it up for Adoption via Phone Service or Computer.
•   Once it’s in your household it will get a Return to Wild option. And your Sim will have to option to Release.
Breeding your Mare/Stud Unicorns.
•   You need stalls for this task.
•   Unicorns cannot be bred at the Equestrian Center (offered as a Mare or Stud.)
They need to be bred naturally by Trying for a Foal with another horse/Unicorn. Your Unicorn will need to get Friendly first with one of your horses. Then a Romantic option will appear, Try for a Foal. They will groom each other for a while and then head to Stalls and Whoohoo.
It takes 3 days (Starting from the Pregnant Moodlet.) for your new baby Unicorn(or Horse) to be born.
•   There is a 50% chance your foal is born as a Unicorn if one parent is a Unicorn and the other a horse. 100% Chance if both are Unicorns.
Magical Abilities
•   Foals don’t have access to their magical abilities, however they leave a trail of sparkly glitter behing when they gallop.
•   Unicorns have magical abilities. They depend on your Unicorn’s Magical 60 Energy Points.
The max amount of Energy Points is 60
Colors:
1.   Orange - When using Create Fire
2.   Blue - When using Extinguish Fire
3.   Green - When Blessing Flora
4.   White - When Blessing Fauna (Pets & Sims).
5.   Multicolored – When teleporting.
Magical Abilities:
1.   Teleport - Teleports the Unicorn to its desired location. Takes 5 magical points
2.   Create Fire - Creates Fire on the desired location. Takes 15 magic points
3.   Cure-Unicorns can cure dogs with fleas!
4.   Extinguish Fire - Extinguish the choosen fire. Doesn’t need magical energy!
5.   Bless a Sim – you can do this while controlling the Unicorn or the Unicorn will do automatically (while in the Wild) after social interractions. 50% Chance of happening.  Your Unicorn may also get a wish to Bless (Sim’s Name) because it has taken a liking to him/her. Takes 30 points.
6.    Curse a Sim – after negative interactions, the Unicorn can Curse your Sim. There is a 75% chance of this happening. Your Sim will get a Unicorns Ire moodlet. Takes 30 points.
7.   Curse Flora - Makes the chosen plant die and wither. Takes 10 magical points
8.   Bless Flora - Makes the selected plant grown with one level. After reaching the max level (Mature) it will make the plant ready for harvest! Takes 20 magical points.
Caring of a Unicorn.
•   Taking care of a Unicorn is just like taking care of another Horse. It will need it nutritious hay and refreshing water, and exercise.  Of course it wouldn’t hurt if your Sim brushed it and cleaned it hooves every once in a while!

Anything that comes to mind? Still missing the gender thing but..
Adding Taking Care of a Unicorn. ;]

VampirePlasma

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 10:14:06 PM »
Unique Unicorn Moodlets.

Moodlet
Name
DescriptionMood EffectTime Period
Power Failure (For Unicorn)(Unicorn's Name) is completely out of magic power! How is a Unicorn supposed to case spells with no power? Guess he's/she's just going to have to wait it out.-104 Hours
Power Shortage (For Unicorn)(Unicorn's Name) is running low on magic power! Holding back on the spells for a while should help him/her restore a bit.No Mood Effect4 Hours
Moonlit Unicorn (For Unicorn)For some odd reason, Unicorns are able to pull more light from the moon!No Mood Effect.- - -
Unicorn's Blessing (For Sim/Dogs&Cats&Horses)Wow! What a great feeling! (Sim's Name) should be able to accomplish a lot more with this blessing. Just look at her!+408 Hours
Unicorn's Ire (Sims, don't know if you can Cuse animals.)Ugh, being cursed is definitely no joke. (Sim's Name) is definitely going to have a hard time accomplishing things in this state. What could she have possibly done to make a Unicorn so mad?-408 Hours

Am I missing any?
Sorry am tired, going to sleep. ;P

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 05:03:50 AM »
To add a little info from my own experience:

-I struggled with BF requirement, and large birds are not counted. It's only large pets that are taking the pet slot that counts.
-I find it in AP at Cinnamon Crest Falls. It first appeared the same night my Sim got 4BF (a cat and 3 Sims, I had to add a dog and horse later, and she became BFF with Spotted Sixam in the meanwhile).
-I didn't get the option to ask unicorn to join the household before reaching BF status. Even as a friend I didn't get the option.
-I find it at night, it is black and female (named Snowball Horse). It has regular tail and no beard.
-My Sim never ride a horse before, and she has 0 Riding skill. There isn't even a stable on lot.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2011, 06:36:15 AM »
Thanks for modifying my post, I didn't know how to do that.
Thanks Anushka. Okay so large birds don't count. Thanks.
When you got your 4th Best Friend? Not Forever?
Okay Best friend. Thanks 'cause I instantly made them BFF by cheating  ::) so I didn't know. Maybe it varies on your riding skill.. 'cause Moons adopted it just at friends with level 10 riding skill and you had 0 and had to become Best Friend.
Again the no lion tail on females supports my theory.  :D
Thanks for your help!

MissKnutt

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2011, 09:44:20 AM »
I found my unicorn at Country Water Treatment in AP, just for something different. I was at 10 riding skill and was only friends with her when she accepted an invite to the household. I am an 'Equestrian' though, not sure if that has any bearing. I found being level 10 riding a definite benefit, if only for the relationship boost 'horse whispering' gives.
Also, she came with full racing and jumping skills.

Sorry if I missed this in the discussion so far, but is there any talk on what traits they generally appear with? My first one is Ornery, Neat and Brave. Are they just random? Any thoughts?

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2011, 09:48:21 AM »
Sorry if I missed this in the discussion so far, but is there any talk on what traits they generally appear with? My first one is Ornery, Neat and Brave. Are they just random? Any thoughts?

I haven't seen traits mentioned anywhere but the one I found has only 2 traits! I have not been able to adopt it yet though so I don't know what they are.
@ Vampire it would probably be helpful to the guide and others if you added the traits to the list of things you'd like to know! Just a thought?

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2011, 10:49:04 AM »
My unicorn only came with one trait, Brave.

MaryMarsh

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2011, 11:01:20 AM »
Have to chuckle.

Spur the Unicorn has appeared next to my Sim's barn three times. Each time my Sim told him to "Stop Doing That," and then shood him away. Still, he's listed as a BFF on my Sim's Relationships panel and he sent her a wedding gift when she was married. Maybe, if we could have more than six pets I might invite him into my household, but as is I have no room for him. Nevertheless, this goes to prove you don't have to make any special effort to adopt them.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2011, 02:38:33 PM »
Have to chuckle.

Spur the Unicorn has appeared next to my Sim's barn three times. Each time my Sim told him to "Stop Doing That," and then shood him away. Still, he's listed as a BFF on my Sim's Relationships panel and he sent her a wedding gift when she was married. Maybe, if we could have more than six pets I might invite him into my household, but as is I have no room for him. Nevertheless, this goes to prove you don't have to make any special effort to adopt them.

And you don't think all you've done with your horses is "special effort"?  You've gone waaaaay over the top in impressing roaming unis.  lol  Does Spur seem to want to be adopted, or just be your best friend?  What sex is Spur?  I bet some unicorn around your ranch is eyeing some likely love interest.   ;)
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

MaryMarsh

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2011, 06:10:51 PM »
And you don't think all you've done with your horses is "special effort"?  You've gone waaaaay over the top in impressing roaming unis.  lol  Does Spur seem to want to be adopted, or just be your best friend?  What sex is Spur?  I bet some unicorn around your ranch is eyeing some likely love interest.   ;)

There's an Invite to Join Household choice when I click on him (it says something like that, haven't really paid that much attention.

The Spur in my game is a male.

He'd better stay away from my mares!  :o I've got a lovely spot on a wall in my house to mount his head.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2011, 06:35:38 PM »
I feel weird asking this, but can we please keep it on topic? If you have anything to add about Unicorns, post it if not, there is the Unicorn thread. Thanks.  ;)

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2011, 12:23:33 AM »
I found another unicorn. It is male and white. It has the beard and lion tail. Its traits are Ornery, Brave, and Agile. Again, it was nighttime.

So far, I am thinking that all unicorns have the Brave trait.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2011, 06:38:41 AM »
Ooh! A lion tail! And it's male! Thanks Moons!

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2011, 09:32:03 AM »
I thought when a unicorn foal was born, they automatically were maxed in racing and jumping, unless it is like the youths traits and do not show up until they actually start the skill.  I have not gotten the lion tail or the beard yet. 
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline AnnDruvez

• I have a real life build project....
  • Townie
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2011, 01:43:55 PM »
I haven't adopted him yet, but I found a black one at night. He was at the fish hatchery in Riverview.
A 1920s era house needing heat, AC, new floors, new drywall on the walls and ceilings, new bathroom fixtures, new kitchen cabinets, new water heaters.... The roof is sound, but why didn't I just buy an empty lot?

VampirePlasma

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2011, 02:57:46 PM »
I thought when a unicorn foal was born, they automatically were maxed in racing and jumping, unless it is like the youths traits and do not show up until they actually start the skill.  I have not gotten the lion tail or the beard yet. 
No when they grow up if they galloped around alot (for all horses) they will have a Skill Level, in both, jumping and racing.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2011, 08:46:28 PM »
I really appreciate everyone who gave information to this project. Vamp, you are great for organizing all of it for me. I will use that shot you had of a pair of unicorns running in the article. I am working on making it all a part of the guide now. I have a Sim who was making progress befriending a black unicorn, so I'll be adopting him. I haven't really played with these yet!

VampirePlasma

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2011, 08:57:14 PM »
Your welcome! It's a big great part of the EP, that no matter how many people complained beat werewolves by a milestone!
Thanks guys for helping!

By the way, I am almost positive that in the wild the Male Unicorns have a Lion Tail and Beard.  :D Still need to do more testing but I think it's very safe. 

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2011, 05:08:19 AM »
One thing that might be worth mentioning is the reward 'Friend of the herd'. I was watching for ages for a unicorn to appear as I had the LTW on one of my sims, and in the end I went out to wander around Cinnamon Crest Falls at night. While I was away I got a message to say one of my horses had just seen a unicorn for the first time -- a herd of wild horses had turned up and a unicorn with them.
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2011, 05:50:02 PM »
Thank you. I added a mention of this under the section on finding Unicorns.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2011, 02:18:43 PM »

The skills don't show up on foals, but appear when they turn into adults.

So far all the offspring I've had from a unicorn and horse (8 or 9 so far, and not the same ones all the time) that both have maxed skills has had maxed skills when turning into an adult. It didn't seem to make a difference whether they were unicorn or horse foals. I triggered the age transition immediately on 3 or 4 of those and those ones definitely had the skills maxed at birth. If the horse parent had non-maxed skills the levels have not so far been maxed out on any foals but I haven't spotted any obvious pattern to the levels gained.
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2011, 04:14:02 PM »
Once you reached Friends it’s safe to click Friendly, Ask to Join Household. The Unicorn will ask your Sim to prove him/herself Friend of All Creatures. For this you will need to become Best Friends Forever with 3 Household pets of any kind. A combination of Horse, Dog, and Cat, 3 Horses, 2 Dogs and 1 Cat etc.  After your Sim completes this task, sadly, you’ll have to wait till your Unicorn Friend appears again, so keep an eye out! Once you find your Unicorn ask it again to Join your Household and it will accept. Congratulations! You now have a Unicorn as part of your household!

Something to consider for the guide:

What happens if you've already BFF with 3 pets the first time you ask it to join your household?  Will it join then, do you have to ask a second time, or do you still have to wait until the next day?

All this unicorn talk has got me wanting to go find one now.

(Darn it, I'm not a follower of the crowd!  I'm a trendsetter!  Look what you've done to me...  :'( {lol})
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2011, 04:43:07 PM »
Something to consider for the guide:

What happens if you've already BFF with 3 pets the first time you ask it to join your household?  Will it join then, do you have to ask a second time, or do you still have to wait until the next day?

All this unicorn talk has got me wanting to go find one now.

(Darn it, I'm not a follower of the crowd!  I'm a trendsetter!  Look what you've done to me...  :'( {lol})
I tried it, then it will accept right away.