Author Topic: What current projects are you working on?  (Read 13500 times)

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
Re: What current projects are you working on?
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2011, 02:16:54 PM »
Commitment Issues is one of my traits, and because of issues, I never got around to finishing any dynasties.  :(

Anyways, I am currently on a Sims 3 break, because I won't be getting Pets until Christmas (I'm trying to cutback and save my money on a new car), and I'm very unsatisfied with Sims 3 right now. (Please excuse my profanity  :-[) Of course I love Sims 3, and I think Sims 3 is a really fun game, but with the newest patch and no furry nooboos for my Sims to play with and have one on their own,(I'm that much of a pet person, particularly cats), my game feels so...incomplete.

However, during my Sims 3 hiatus, I am currently working on, and planning a story about one townie who I never played before, but already I grew a strong liking for her: Hetty Lionheart. Due to her having my favorite Sim trait of all time, Insane and sharing my real life trait Cat Person, I am already planning out the dialect between her four cats. My other project is going to be a story about my real life cat told by my real life cat.  ;D

EDIT: I will one day complete a dynasty and end up in the HoF as soon as I get a brand new graphics card.

EDIT AGAIN: I apologize to any moderators in advanced if I came across as Bashing EA or Sims 3 when I said that I'm currently unsatisfied playing Sims 3 right now. I really do love the game, and enjoy playing it very much, but when I went around updating Sims 3, and found no furry nooboos surprising my pets or walking around town, Sims 3 didn't feel right. I'm not getting pets until Christmas, and need to buy a new graphics card, so I can play the great game with improved graphics and memory.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2011, 02:26:22 PM »
Hmm, I'm an idiot. I have so many Projects and so little time. These are just my main projects that I'm working on currently:

- Building a World for RubyLoveSims (Requested) It's an Island and only my Second World.
 - Jade Dynasty
 - Planning Two new Stories.
 - Completely Ending the Character Legacy with raising Gen 10 to Young Adult
 - Building several things.
 - Revive some old Sims for future use. (I want my favourite Vampiress Back!)

I'm also starting some minor personal projects. I want to head in the same direction as Ausette is going in making unique Sims, I feel that I get bored with Default Sims, I need to spice things up a bit. Which is what I am hoping to do in my Stories. My first attempt was Jelly Bean Character, I now love Purple Hair.  :P I'm starting low and working up, so far I'm trying Eye Shapes, I've always used random Colours though for Eyes.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Addict

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2011, 02:42:03 PM »
Loving reading about what people are up to - so many little projects =)

Before I got the Sims 3 Pets, I was working on re-modelling Sunvalley. It was the first one I played and wanted a world with the town life buildings on, to make it all nice and modern. I also started to branch out a little, made an apartment complex which I put up in the swap shop. I also made good use of the community buildings, and putting them on smaller lots and making my own surroundings. Lots of fun, building community stuff was never really something I looked into before, so it was nice to have a play and build some new stuff =)

Then I got pets. I then started playing the new world to see what it was like, and I didn't want to ruin my previous project by adding the new stuff in, just yet. I started a nice little family with a couple of cats, one based very much on my own cat. I have also messed around with the life span, which prompted my discussion on which people use. I have a  little longer with my Sims now, so have taken the time to start off a new garden, as I've yet to have a successful one =)

Now I'm in the middle of a big reinstall on my pc, partly because the Sims was getting sluggish, and partly because my PC really needed a spring clean. Should be playing the Sims again in the next couple of days =)

I do like the sound of making unique Sims, like most, I find myself making the same old looking Sims. I might have a  play around once I'm back up and running again!

Thumbs up on the topic =)

Addict x

Online sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2011, 02:50:32 PM »
I am working on a Immortal Dynasty, a Legacy and a reg game. I don't like to do stories, because compared to you guys, it's blah.  ;D I will post pics and stats of the founders and heirs soon. In my legacy, I am doing a matriach. She had twins! ::) One is the spitting image of the mom (heir) and the is the image of dad. Well I did the random roll of dice on birth and for first and second birthday. Each roll gave them a trait from their parents. I couldn't do it again if I tried.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2011, 03:34:00 PM »
I'm coming back after a short break.  I was pretty bummed out when I lost my Fae Immortal Dynasty to the post-Generations glitches that affected so many of us.  I just didn't have it in me to start another Immortal Dynasty and for some reason I just can't get into a Townie Deca-Dynasty.

Right now I'm playing Rachel's Self-Employment project at the moment using my first unusually colored sim, Violet Blum (link in my siggy).  I had started a Simself-acy in August, but lost a fair chunk of it when my computer died recently.  Not sure yet if I'm going to go back and re-play what I've lost.

I'm thinking of dusting off one of the triplets from my failed Fae Immortal Dynasty to start a new Immortal Dynasty in Appaloosa Plains - my new favorite town.  I have Eolan Fae there right now just fooling around with Pets content, but I'm not a big fan of open-ended play - I need the structure of defined goals and rules and I'm not overly creative about such things when left to my own devices.

I've entered a couple of the Building Contests that Tom and Lily are organizing as the inspiration strikes me.  I've also designed 3 or 4 house plans that I want to start building.  There is one in particular that I'd like to use as part of a farm/ranch on the 64x64 lot in Appaloosa Plains.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2011, 05:11:24 PM »
What a good idea for a thread!

Right now I'm working on 3 stories (see Signature). I also have a stylist and her pet cat in AP to test the stylist/architectural designer challenge and see if it really is doable in 10 Sim weeks.

I agree with Katluvr -- I really need some sort of structure (although I like thinking up my own). Open-ended play is just too open-ended.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2011, 05:24:58 PM »
I am working on a horse ranch and competing in competitions and such.  I've had such a great time with it that I've abandoned all other projects to focus entirely on my horses.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2011, 07:52:41 PM »
Currently, I am working on starting a new Dynasty. (trying to see if I can incorporate the new Riding skill into it somewhere) Looking forward to try out some new ideas with it.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2011, 10:13:41 PM »
I loved reading through all of this - it gives me some ideas of what I could do in the future. After or during the time I'm playing with my cavemen people, I want to start another file where my heirs have to complete a different life-time wish each. I want them to complete the wishes in alphabetical order. It will take a lot of time and generations!

@Cndneh
I was thinking of trying that 100 babies challenge too. I want to try a lot of challenges that I've printed out.

@Hosfac
That sounds really interesting - especially seeing as you're building them with the money your sims earn. I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures of them.

@Sdhoey
I'm sure your story writing skills are fine. How far along are you into your dynasty?

@Katluvr
It would be great to see your start another dynasty, especially with one of the Fae girls. I would definitely be eager to read it.

Online sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2011, 07:13:56 AM »
@Sdhoey
I'm sure your story writing skills are fine. How far along are you into your dynasty?

Devon Ewing, is just starting out. She married to Chris. Agnes is of course her best friend. I love using them in my games. Chris the fisherman plus learning the sculpting as backup. Agnes is doing painting, learning photography, she needs to finish her sculpting skills too. Devon is the founder, she wants to be the five star chef. I'll check my pics so far, and see what I can do about a story. They also have 2 DALMATIANS

Offline WickedSimmer87

• Occult
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2011, 08:29:30 PM »
I am working on quite a few building projects. I've uploaded 2-3 homes to swap, working on a huge castle inspired from MaryMarsh (thank you).

I'll be uploading it once I'm done. After going through checking which store items I've used lol (too quick so didn't get to write down which item)

Beside my building projects, I've got my own play files with families+pets ect.

//wickedsimmer

[UPDATED]
I've built the shell, now for the decorating/landscaping etc
Added Overview screenshot of the castle to attachment as im a bit busy at the moment. I'll fix it later :)

VampirePlasma

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2011, 08:53:28 PM »
I've decided to use the Game's Vampires to help me in my book, somehow. Steping into vampire's shoes in anyway I can  :P

Offline hayley431

• Nooboo
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2011, 05:49:43 AM »
Hey, I'm stuck for something to do on The Sims! I need family ideas!!!
Please help lol ;D

Offline CreativeCrayola

• Katniss :)
  • Immortal
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2011, 08:01:23 AM »
How about doing some of the challanges available on the forum? Theres the DecaDynasty, the Immortal Dynasty, a Legacy, some old tornament challanges?

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2011, 09:04:23 AM »
Wow, Wicked, that's amazing!
I've started my attempt to finish all life-time wishes in order - one down, heaps to go!