Author Topic: Horseman career without Ambitions?  (Read 11895 times)

SillyKat83

Horseman career without Ambitions?
« on: March 02, 2012, 01:53:00 PM »
Do I need to install Ambitions in order to have the Horseman career?  That seems odd that they'd make you buy an additional EP to use a feature of Pets.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Horseman career without Ambitions?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 03:37:15 PM »
I don't actually know the answer to this but I know that self-employment was part of Ambitions. Pets brought the skill and the horses but I think they added on the career as part of Ambitions + Pets.  Riding tallies money like Painting did without Ambitions so doing the Jockey LTW is doable without having the horseman career.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Korva

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 03:38:41 PM »
You do need Ambitions. I originally bought the Sims 3 plus Pets pack as my introduction to the game, and it wouldn't let me register for the career.

marystar

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 12:01:56 AM »
I bought the Sims 3 plus pets  and I was able to have it but I had a horse and level 1 in riding skill. I hope this helps.

Offline Coocoo girl

• The Desert Devourer
  • Occult
  • This isn't my simself, just to avoid confusion.
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 12:58:42 AM »
Have you tried the horseman career yet?  I always thought it was considered as a proffession and not self employed.  The babysitter proffession was brought with generations so I think that horseman was brought with pets.  But I'm playing a legacy now and all my other save slots are full with my cousins save games.  They came to visit, but as soon as I get done with my legacy or get bored with it I will definatly test it to make sure.
EAT COOKIES.  You'll like them!
Coocoos current story:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,11405.0.html (Light legacy)
New chapter!:All that glitters is not gold(but there is some gold)

marystar

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 11:28:20 PM »
I have. the thing is its more of a money tracker than anything because to advance you hav to have a certain amount money raised by selling horses and winning comptitions.

Offline Evie_Elf

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 12:06:00 AM »
For me, I've gotten Into the Future today, I also have Pets and University Life, and I went into the future, and at city hall it had self-employment, like for Plumbots, and horseman/horseman, etc.

I don't have Ambitions, (I was going to get it, but I got Into the Future instead c;) so I guess you should be able to become a horseman/horsewoman without Ambitions.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KitKat

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2014, 09:47:27 AM »
Yes you can. If you click on the phone in your inventory, or on one of the Buy Mode ones, several options should come up. Click on the "Register as self-employed..." and then click on that. One of the option then should be "Horseman" (or woman, of course). Ta-daa! Your sim is now a horseman/woman. (Note: you have to be unemployed to do this) I haven't got Ambitions installed. Il try and get a picture later.

Offline SwishNFlick

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2015, 04:27:07 PM »
Yes you can. If you click on the phone in your inventory, or on one of the Buy Mode ones, several options should come up. Click on the "Register as self-employed..." and then click on that. One of the option then should be "Horseman" (or woman, of course). Ta-daa! Your sim is now a horseman/woman. (Note: you have to be unemployed to do this) I haven't got Ambitions installed. Il try and get a picture later.
I don't have ambitions, but the self-employed option doesn't show up anywhere.
My horse and rider are both at level 10.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

anything