Author Topic: Medley Immortal Dynasty (Abandoned - Graveyard please)  (Read 2423 times)

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
Re: Medley Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 04:55:50 PM »
Chapter 1: New Beginnings

Hmm. Well, this is certainly not what I was expecting. When Mom and Dad told me that Granddad was leaving the old family farm to me, I'd assumed that there would be a house here. I mean, sure, it's been a few years since Granddad passed on, but a house doesn't just disappear when it's been vacant a little while! I suppose there's nothing to be done now; my cash is nearly all gone, and what's left wouldn't get me halfway back home.

But, let's not get ahead of ourselves. I am Jessica Medley, and this is my precious pup, Ein. She's a genius when it comes to sniffing out valuables, and she's been glued to my side since she was just a puppy.

We've recently relocated to lovely Appaloosa Plains in Verona County, and now I'm at a loss. Ein, why don't you go dig up something interesting, while I see if someone can tell me what happened to the farmhouse.

So, I walked down the road till I ran across a man playing with two kids. He was handsome, but he looked young, just out of high school, really; I guessed that the kids weren't his. I watched the trio play for a few minutes, a small smile on my face. Is there anything more attractive than a man playing with children he obviously cares about?

He told me his name is Calvin Riffin, and the kids are his brother, Cornell, and his sister, Chantrelle. Their parents died recently, leaving Cal to grow up quickly and take care of the family. He lamented that he didn't even know how to cook!

I told him that judging from the state of the kids, he must be a natural, earning a blush and a mumbled thanks. He's just so cute!

When I mentioned that I was living at the old Medley farm and wondered what had happened to the house, Cal launched into the story of how the town council thought the old house was a death trap, and since they didn't know anyone was coming to take over the property, they just knocked it down and cleared the land. Great. Alone in a new town with nowhere to live.

Cal noticed my disappointment and offered to help me build a new house. He didn't want to stay in his house because of the strange sounds at night, and he couldn't very well leave the kids behind, but if I didn't mind becoming sort of a step-mother, he'd gladly come with me. I insisted that we make it official, if this is what he wanted.

There was something about him that made me so happy, and he said he felt the same way.

So we rushed through the house, packing up a few small things. Cornell picked up their dog, Ditz, and we all marched back to the Medley homestead. A few hours later and we had a tiny little place of our own. I'll never understand how construction seems to go by so fast!

That night, Ein had a surprise for me! Good girl! This will certainly help with our building expenses.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 04:58:10 PM »
Ein found that all by himself? Talented dog, there.  8)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shady eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 04:58:28 PM »
Awesome start!  

Oh and Awwww!  I've always wanted a Corgi named Ein, too!  I'm sure she's a genius!  
Origin ID: Ricalynn
Current Active Stories: Artie's TS4 Dynasty || Grim Rivalries

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 10:47:56 PM »
Audren: Isn't she though? I wondered how, precisely, she managed to carry that around.

Ricalynn: Thanks! And of course she is! Incidentally, I meant to make Ein a boy, but forgot to double-check the gender before exiting Create-a-Pet.  ::)

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 10:50:14 PM »
Chapter 2: Revelations

I've picked up a job at the Bistro to help with furnishing our little home. Between my pay there, Chantrelle's paintings (she's quite the artist, considering her age), and Calvin taking up sculpting, we should be able to upgrade our standard of living quite a bit soon. Here's a night-time shot of where we're living for now.

Isn't it just darling? Okay, maybe darling is going too far. Hideous might be a better term, but it's a roof over our heads, at least. Not that we wound up staying there long. Some of Cal's friends sent us some wedding gifts, including a fountain worth over $50,000! Between that and all the precious metals that Ein and Ditz have been digging up, we've got enough to build a much bigger house. Before I get into the renovations, though, I'd just like to show off Chantrelle and Cornell.

Chantrelle had cut off her hair in a fit of pique after their parents died, but Calvin and I coaxed her into letting it grow back out. It didn't take long before she had a cute little ponytail again.

Cornell has a unique style all his own, and absolutely refused to part with his cowboy hat.

Now this is more what I was thinking when I imagined building my own house. It's a little bigger than we need now, but that just means we've got room to grow and spread out. The kids are growing up, and I don't think they're really wanting to leave the only family they've got left.

Ein's been sniffing around the property some more, and she's found something interesting. What's this?

Granddad's journal? It's in pretty bad shape, but I can make out parts of it. What's all this about immortality? This all sounds so... bizarre. Could it really work? Why didn't Granddad do it, then? I'll have to do some research. For now, it couldn't hurt to get started on these “requirements” Granddad has listed; after all, I'm already working towards most of them anyway.

Time passed, as it always does, and Cornell and Chantrelle started high school before long.

Here's Cornell, when I managed to corner him with a camera after school one day. He hates having his picture taken, and goes to great lengths to keep me from getting a picture of him with his sweetheart, Maisy Miller.

Chantrelle is easier to catch on camera, though poor Ethan Parrott doesn't seem to be thrilled with me here.

They're even getting into helping with these “immortality requirements” I'm still trying to figure out. Cornell is working on gardening, so that he can eventually grow some life fruit, while Chantrelle paints a portrait of me. She's working her way through the whole household, getting portraits of all of us. Even if this immortal dynasty thing doesn't work out, at least we'll have a beautifully decorated house!

Calvin has immortality of a different sort on his mind lately. He says that the only lasting immortality we can get as simkind is through the memories of our children.

I'm certainly not complaining. And if, at the end of the day, I'm right... I'll need an heir anyway. After all, who wouldn't want an eternity with the people we hold dearest?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shady eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 12:51:04 AM »
Ein was my favorite character besides Ed in Cowboy Bebop!

I can't wait to see the incoming nooboo!
Origin ID: Ricalynn
Current Active Stories: Artie's TS4 Dynasty || Grim Rivalries

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

loveSims

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 05:27:54 AM »
Great story! The house look fantastic! Look foward to more updates.

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 01:11:10 AM »
Chapter 3: Aww, Nooboo!

It wasn't long before the nausea passed, and I was left with the complete confidence that Cal and I were expecting our own little addition to the family.

He was ecstatic when I told him, and took any chance to try and feel closer to his little princess. Yes, Calvin was convinced we would have a daughter. I secretly hoped for a boy, but I knew I'd be happy either way.

Time passed, as it is wont to do, and it seemed like only days until the day we all waited for.

My water broke just after a shower, conveniently enough. Cal was asleep in the next room, and Cor and Chanty were still at school. I should have gone to the hospital, but it felt like everything was moving too fast. I wouldn't make it! And I couldn't just have the nooboo in a cab! So, I stayed home, and before I knew it, I was holding my precious little one.

Meet Valerie Medley. She's such a friendly baby, and her father adores her. She got this odd little doll in the mail from an Uncle Riley, but neither Calvin nor I know of any uncles named Riley in the family. It's cute, in its own way, but there's something strange about it.

Our days fell into a routine. Feed Valerie; change diapers; sculpt; play with Valerie. It was nice, if a little hectic trying to keep up with her needs without forgetting to take care of ourselves. Cornell and Chantrelle were such a big help!

All too soon, it was time for our baby to grow up (but only a little!). A wave of sparkles and our baby became a toddler.

Isn't she adorable? She's got my eyes, and I think her father's nose and mouth. But where did that hair come from? Maybe a grandparent somewhere? I like it, anyway. It suits my beautiful little artist.

The first thing Daddy did was start teaching Valerie to use the potty. He's beyond tired of dirty diapers, as are the rest of us.

He also took charge of teaching her to talk. My Cal is so good with kids! She's all sunshine and smiles with Daddy.

I may be working most nights, but I made sure I could be around to teach my sweet girl to walk. Can't let Daddy have all the fun!

When she's not busy learning all the skills she'll need to master before starting school, Val is usually playing with this. I've heard her call it Arthur a few times, and she loves to sing to it. It might be the cutest thing I've ever seen!

The peg box we bought her seems to be more frustrating than fun. Even when she's mad, though, I can't help but smile when I see her.

Oh, honey. If you're hungry, you should let me know!

Isn't that better?

Ein doesn't quite know what to think of Valerie. It's like she wants to play, but can't figure out a good way of doing so without upsetting Val. Maybe they'll get along better when Valerie's a little older.

loveSims

Re: Medley Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 3: Aww, Nooboo!)
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 07:32:58 AM »
Great update! I love the pic of Valerie with the peg box.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 07:48:19 AM »
I love the hair colour it is really pretty.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2011, 04:17:19 AM »
Chapter 4: Birthdays Galore

Between all the fuss over Valerie and my shifts at the Bistro, my birthday caught me by surprise. No party, no cake. Just a noisemaker as I walked through the door after work.

As the sparkles washed over me, it suddenly hit me that I'm really getting older. The lines on my face were proof that I wasn't as young as I used to be, and there was so much in life I hadn't done! I wanted a makeover; I wanted to get out of this house; I even wanted to flirt with that cute guy at the Consignment Store! Ugh! What is wrong with me? I adore Calvin, and he loves me. Why would I risk that for nothing more than a pretty face? This must be what people mean by mid-life crisis.

I wasn't the only one to forget my birthday. Cornell was in the garden when his birthday rolled around.

Everyone felt bad for missing Cor's birthday, so I made sure to get a cake for Chantrelle. It was a small family affair, but at least there was love.

They've both grown into such wonderful young adults! They both attended the same graduation ceremony that weekend.

Chantrelle got Valedictorian and was voted Most Likely to Burn Down Their Own House, while Cornell was voted Class Clown. Chanty stopped by the employment office while we were at City Hall to register herself as a professional artist.

Cor strolled down to the Science Center to get himself a job as a test subject. He enjoys digging around in his garden (he just figured out how to make life fruit thrive), and he's been tinkering around with some of the items in the household lately, so he reasoned that science would be a good field for him.

A few days later, it was time for Calvin's birthday. Where has the time gone? Seems like only days ago, he was this fresh-faced boy taking care of his young siblings...

We threw a big bash for Calvin's birthday, inviting his old friends, the Millers, as well as a few people I work with. There was dancing and chatting, and eventually, it was time for cake. As the sparkles swept over my Cal, I could see the same panic in his eyes that I was still feeling. It's too soon! Valerie's only a toddler. What if... what if... So many questions, so few answers.

As the party wound down, something drew Chanty to the front door. The paparazzi that had been hounding me, Gurpal Einstein, started to glow.

Moments later a figure appeared, clad in black, wielding a scythe, and trailing smoke. He called himself Grim, and he'd come to claim poor Gurpal's soul. Chanty said, “You aren't welcome here! We're going to be immortals, so I never want to see you here again.”

Grim laughed. “We'll see about that, child. Dear Jessica should read her rules more closely! Those who break the rules are punished harshly. Until next time...”

Shaken, Chanty came to me and told me what the Reaper had said to her. I calmed her down and asked her not to tell her brothers what Grim had said just yet. After all, if his job is to make sure everyone meets their timely end, he'd no doubt be eager to discourage anyone trying to circumvent that end. Chanty reluctantly agreed with me, and everyone went to bed. I laid awake for hours, worrying about the parts of Granddad's book that were unreadable and wondering what Grim had meant by “harshly.”

All too soon, it was Valerie's turn at the birthday cake. My baby's getting so big! Make a wish, sweety!

:sigh: Where does the time go?

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
Re: Medley Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 5: Valerie's Friend Arthur)
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2011, 04:28:53 AM »
Chapter 5: Valerie's Friend Arthur

Hiya! I'm Valerie, and I've got something really special to share! But first, Mommy says I have to say a little about what's going on around the house.

These are our dogs. Ein is Mommy's dog, and she's getting old. Mommy's had Ein for years, since way before I was born! The other dog is Ditz, Daddy's dog. She's getting old too.

Here's Ditz on her birthday. Aren't the sparkles pretty? One day, I want to be able to paint something as pretty as those sparkles!

Uncle Corny's taken up fishing to help with his job at the Science center. He says this is a really rare, important death fish, but it sure looks like a minnow to me.

And now for the important news!

This is Arthur. He's been my bestest friend for as long as I can remember. We have so much fun together! All the grown-ups say he's just in my imagination, but can you have a pillow fight with imaginary friends?

And how can he clean up the mess that the broken dishwasher made if he's not real?

Uncle Corny must've said something about Arthur while he was at work, because I got a phone call from them one day. The lady said that if I bring them a rainbow gem and $4500, they could make a potion that would turn Arthur real! So I begged Mommy and Daddy and used my cutest puppy eyes till Mommy said yes!

I rode my bike as fast as I could to the Science center after school, and then rushed home to give the potion to Arthur. Mommy got home just in time to see it!

It really worked! My bestest friend is really real!

Mommy and Daddy are letting him stay here with us, since Arthur doesn't have a family of his own here. When he heard that, Arthur hugged me so tight and giggled when my pigtail tickled his nose.  I just know we're gonna be together forever!

loveSims

Re: Medley Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 5: Valerie's Friend Arthur)
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2011, 08:50:18 AM »
Those pics where Arthur become real is so good. The dogs are cute :)

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
Re: Medley Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 6: Growing Up)
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2011, 02:01:04 PM »
Chapter 6: Growing Up

Chanty has reached her lifetime goal at a young age. She's truly a visionary now!

Calvin surprised me at the door with a kiss tonight. He's such a sweetheart, though I could wish the paparazzi weren't hovering outside the window watching. We should really put up some curtains.

It's a bittersweet time at the Medley house. Tomorrow, my baby starts high school. Well, she would if it weren't the weekend, but it's the thought that counts! Calvin tries to reassure me that it's the way of the world and nothing stops the flow of time. I wonder, though. I'm almost finished with my requirements for immortality, but the Grim Reaper's message so many years ago still haunts me. What am I missing? I've tried fruitlessly to decipher more of Granddad's journal, and even Cornell's gotten into the search, using his breaks at work to try and manipulate images of the pages to be readable. No luck.

Cal notices that I'm worrying, and sets about distracting me in the surest way he knows.

It doesn't change the fact that tomorrow is our daughter's birthday.

Valerie didn't even give most of us time to get dressed before she was begging to blow out her candles. So eager to grow up.

Of course, wherever Val is, Arthur is sure to be close behind her. He's a good kid, despite what the teachers at the elementary school might think. Lackluster performance? He never even got a chance to prove otherwise!

Oh, dear! Let's get you two in some new clothes, now!

Arthur sewed some patches onto his jeans. He says they remind him of his time as a doll. I've noticed that Val has replaced the splashes of lilac she used to wear with turquoise: Arthur's favorite color. Perhaps it's time to put those two in separate bedrooms...

These three spend nearly all their spare time painting. I think Valerie's starting to get the hang of painting portraits, and as in everything else, Arthur is not far behind. Chantrelle mostly paints for fun, then gives me the paintings to sell at the consignment shop.

Until next time!

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
Re: Medley Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 7: An Unexpected Visitor)
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2011, 04:33:20 PM »
Chapter 7: An Unexpected Visitor

It's been a busy time at the Medley house lately. I'm only a promotion or two away from the top of my career, and Cornell is nearing the middle of his own career. Calvin and Chantrelle have both been recognized as the tops in sculpting and painting, respectively. And we've had an addition to the family.

Meet Zoey. Arthur adopted her from the shelter a few days after his birthday. He's developed a real soft spot for animals since he started high school, and he asked if we could take in a bunch of new pets. Cal and I agreed to let him pick one for now. It's starting to get a bit crowded in the house!

Val and Art came home from their first day of high school buzzing about the formal dance coming up soon. I spotted them outside after school making eyes at each other, just before I heard Arthur haltingly ask if Valerie would go to prom with him. Leave it to my little girl to dream herself up the perfect boyfriend!

The day of the dance arrived, and the kids rushed home after school to get into their formal outfits. It was like a tornado swept through Arthur's closet as he panicked over his missing shoes. Valerie just cocked an eyebrow and said, “Those shoes?” as she pointed to a pair of dress shoes sitting conspicuously beside the bedroom door. Ah, Arthur! Such an emotional boy. I'm not looking forward to his moodswings!

The limo arrived, and I waited till my baby was safely behind the tinted glass before allowing myself to cry. She's growing up so fast!

When they got home, Arthur floated past as if he was on a cloud, a silly grin plastered to his face. Valerie chattered on and on about the decorations and the dancing. She told me excitedly that she'd been voted prom queen and admitted with a blush that she and Arthur were now going steady. They'd even shared their first kiss in front of the punch bowl, to the cheering of their classmates!

Since both Valerie and Arthur made honor roll, Calvin spent the weekend teaching them both to drive. Valerie is a natural! It only took her an afternoon to pick up the basics, and then she was ready for the open road.

Arthur, on the other hand, seems to be having some trouble getting the hang of driving.

Er, make that a lot of trouble!

With the excitement of prom and driving lessons past, everyone settled into a routine, broken by the occasional teenage mood swing. It didn't last long.

Arthur and Valerie were the only ones home when it happened.

I knew it was only a matter of time. After all, dogs don't live as long as humans.

Valerie said he was gentle, almost friendly even.

It doesn't change the fact that my sweet Ein is gone.

When I got home that night, Valerie told me tearfully that the Grim Reaper had taken Ein while Arthur held her tight. His own eyes were red, though he was trying to be the brave one for his Val.

I walked outside in a daze. When I saw the little tombstone next to the gallery, I couldn't hold back my tears anymore. Oh, Ein! I'll miss you, pup.

If it hurts this much to lose a pet, I can't imagine what it'd be like to lose Cal or one of the kids. We have to figure out what Grim meant all those years ago!

As if she sensed my distress, Zoey approached and rubbed herself against my legs. I stooped down and brushed her long fur, anchoring myself in the present. Grief is natural, but I can't forget where I am or what I'm doing.

As we lay in bed, Calvin held me close and whispered in my ear, reminding me of all the good times we'd all had. He brought to mind images of all the fun times till I was left smiling faintly through the tears.

I love you, Calvin.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
Re: Medley Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 7: An Unexpected Visitor)
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2011, 11:28:39 AM »
Awww, RIP Ein!  Val and Art make an adorable couple and the whole driving lessons thing was hysterical.  Can't wait to see what happens next!

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
Re: Medley Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 8: Retirement, At Last!)
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2011, 06:31:59 PM »
Thanks, Kat! For whatever reason, Arthur decided to run all the way to the Equestrian Center before getting in the car, leading to that first shot. And then, instead of driving back to the house over the road, he cut across a couple of yards.  ::) Silly Sims!

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2011, 06:32:53 PM »
Chapter 8: Retirement, At Last!

With prom and driving lessons behind us, the Medleys (and Riffins) have settled into a routine. We've got a lot of birthdays coming up, so this is sort of the calm before the storm.

I've been working on finishing the last challenge for my sculpting hobby, and I'll be glad to see the end of these blasted metal sculptures!

Val and Chanty are still painting, of course. I don't think I could peel those two from their easels if I tried. Arthur is usually painting with him, though he was out of the room when I snapped this shot.

Cor is busying himself with upgrading many of the fixtures in the house. His job requires him to be good with tinkering, so he's been practicing on the plumbing and appliances at home.

And Cal... well, Cal's been spending time with Ditz. She was only a little younger than Ein, so I think we're all preparing for the next visit from Grim.

I finally reached the pinnacle of the culinary field, two days before my birthday! We called up the family friends and coworkers to throw a birthday bash to remember.

I'd been told a time or two that the Grim Reaper just loves a party. I guess this is my proof. Did he have to take Ditz on my birthday?

Valerie stopped Grim for a question as he headed into the house to wash some dishes (really, Grim?). “Why do you take such pleasure in taking our pets away? What have they ever done to you?” Val demanded.
Grim shook his head slowly. “Child, taking souls is my job. It is not pleasure that brings me here, only duty. Of course, should your mother botch this immortality she seeks by failing to follow the rules, I will take pleasure in removing her soul, as with any who fail this challenge set forth by the gods. Until next time, little one.”

Finally, it was the time I had been waiting for – and dreading a bit, to be honest.

Everyone gathered round to celebrate my final birthday, and if I'm right, the start of my eternity.

My friend, Li, here looks far too happy to be seeing me age.

Of course, everyone tried to rush to the cake, leaving no room for anyone to actually reach the cake! I sat at the table enjoying my slice and chuckling at the fuss everyone else was making.

After I finished my dessert, I headed out to get my hair colored and pick out a new wardrobe.

My Calvin stayed up late into the night sculpting my final ice sculpture, while Chantrelle worked on my portrait and snapped a quick photo.

The next morning, I called in to the Bistro and officially retired. No more late nights in the kitchen for me!

Cal and Cor threw me an impromptu party, complete with confetti and... a yeti sign? Cal, you shouldn't have! I really mean it.

Next time: Ambrosia!

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2011, 02:59:32 PM »
So sorry about Ditz - it always seems to happen at parties, even with pets.

Congrats on impending immortal #1 - can't wait for the ambrosia pics!

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
Re: Medley Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 9: Ambrosia Dreams)
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2011, 09:38:38 PM »
Chapter 9: Ambrosia Dreams

Chantrelle wasn't satisfied with her first attempt at my final portrait, so she started a new one. Meanwhile, Cornell upgradied this new piece of technology he brought home from the science center so that it can store twice as much food. He says it'll let us get much more ambrosia without having to keep catching more death fish.

Calvin made sure to spend some quality time with me, showing me he still thinks I'm beautiful, since I'm feeling a bit... old.

The next day, it was time to start my ambrosia preparations. A bit of life fruit, a little death fish. Marshmallows? Sure, why not?

Storing the recipe for more meals in less time. How I wish I'd had one of these at the Bistro! I suppose that would've been cheating though.

My first bite of immortality. You'd expect it to taste horrible, like fish and fruit (and marshmallows), but everything works together remarkably well.

I feel amazing! Food of the gods, indeed! This is... this is indescribable! Oh, I can't wait till Calvin tries a bit of this for himself.

A shot of my museum pieces, for posterity's sake.

I don't know if I'll be able to sleep, after all this excitement.

Blackness swallowed me up, pulling me up and away from my sleeping form. I floated for a time, lost in nothing for a second or an eternity. I blinked, and the blackness was replaced by a familiar house.

Granddad's house, though it was in better repair than the last time I'd seen it as a child.

“Come on up here, child. Let me get a good look at you!” a hoarse voice called from the porch. I saw a faint white form sitting on one of the old wooden porch swings.

“Granddad?” I whispered as I took a seat beside him. “Is that really you? Am I dreaming?”
“Aye, little one. Last I saw you, you were a slip of a thing, all knobby knees and gangly arms. And look at you now! Just as beautiful as your gran.” Granddad let a small smile touch his ghostly face.
I fidgeted a bit, not quite sure how to respond. I'd never met my grandmother, since she'd died just a month before I was born. “Granddad, about the house. It looks so new, and the flower beds are beautiful!”
Granddad chuckled, “Heh, yeah. This is what the house looked like when your papa was just a boy. Gran tended the garden, and after she passed, I just couldn't make myself keep it up like I should've. But enough about me. Tell me all about your life!”

So I did. I told him all about Calvin, and Cornell and Chantrelle. I told him about Valerie, and he laughed outright when I told him how she'd dreamed up Arthur, then made him into a real kid. And then I told him how I'd found his journal. He sighed and said, “I wish you hadn't. Tell me you haven't done what's in there, the immortality thing!”

“What? Why would you say that? I want to spend forever with Calvin!”
Granddad bowed his head, then looked at me. “That's not how it works, kiddo. You didn't read all of it?”
I narrowed my eyes at him, then paled. “The... the journal was damaged. I could read the requirements, but I guess some of the other rules were missing. Is that what the Grim Reaper meant? What did I miss? And why didn't you try this thing?”

Granddad raised an eyebrow at me. “I didn't go along with it because your papa refused to have anything to do with it. Since he was the firstborn, and I hadn't eaten any ambrosia yet, that was that. You haven't, yet, have you? 'Cause if you have, there's no going back.”
I closed my eyes, feeling lightheaded. When I opened them again, I said, “Yes, I have. Tell me everything. I have to know the rest.”

And he did. Eight generations of immortals living under one roof, destined to lose the ones we love. And since I'd already finished my part, I'd doomed Valerie to the same fate, along with her child and grandchild and on to the eighth. What have I done?!

Granddad smiled at me, then pulled me into a hug.

“You can do this, little one. Have faith in yourself and your family. I'll be watching over you...”

I woke up in a panic, hoping my dream was just a dream; I knew deep down that it hadn't been.

Well. Here's to an eternity of pain and loneliness.

Generation 1 Immortal: Jessica Medley
Traits: Photographer's Eye, Born Saleswoman, Natural Cook, Savvy Sculptor, Perfectionist
LTW: Culinary Librarian
Supermax Skill: Sculpting
Career: Culinary
Portraits: Young Adult, Adult (photo+sculpture), Elder (photo+sculpture)
Investments: Adventure Landing (property), Cornell's Grocery and the Medley Cafe (building)
Rewards: Suave Seller, No Bills Ever, Artisan Crafter
BlackOps: Oh, Scrap!, Sculpture for a Friend, Swim into the Grill, Shower Upgrade, Fix the Election... Machines, Larger than Necessary Doorstop
Best Friends: Calvin (Riffin) Medley, Valerie Medley, Juanita Blanco, Zac Whipsnake, Sage Oxendine, Shaun Kiffle

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2011, 07:37:17 AM »
Congratulations on the first immortal! (I think....)

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2011, 12:27:40 PM »
Congratulations, kind of. That has to suck, the same night you eat Ambrosia you're told only one person from each generation of your family can.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Baby #3 born May 2017
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2011, 01:48:31 PM »
Congratulations on your first Immortal! Kind of a bittersweet thing though, isn't it?
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2011, 04:48:42 PM »
Congratulations on your first Immortal! Hopefully the family won't be ruined by their losses!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations