Author Topic: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Epilogue - Part II...The Story Is Complete  (Read 100855 times)

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
Re: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Ch. 26 - Finding Happiness
« Reply #165 on: December 06, 2011, 04:24:38 PM »
Awesome story katluvr.  Congratulations on your fourth immortal - whoop whoop, you're half way there :)
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #166 on: December 06, 2011, 11:24:41 PM »
I've finally got a chance to read your new dynasty story. First of all I LOVE how you have the chapters linked on the first post in this thread. It's such a nifty idea :) I might just steal it for when I start my (new) dynasty. I'm just debating on whether or not I should reinstall everything and start fresh..

Second, I have always loved the way you wrote your previous stories and this story is no exception, it's simply AMAZING! Congrats on your new immortal and tell Danny he made the right choice :) I'm glad Aimee moved on pretty fast!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

loveSims

« Reply #167 on: December 07, 2011, 02:23:26 AM »
Congrats on another immortal! The wedding was beautiful :)

Offline Ferretmania

• Occult
  • FerretmaniaDK on Origin
    • World Of Sims
« Reply #168 on: December 09, 2011, 03:44:54 PM »
What a beautiful wedding.

Congratulations on another immortal.
I only live in real life when my sims need a break ;)

Raven's Immortal Dynasty

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #169 on: December 12, 2011, 09:58:21 AM »
I Want My Mummy

With the wedding behind us, Tasha and I were ready to start our life together.  We opted to postpone our honeymoon in favor of starting our careers, she as a stylist and I in medicine.  My years studying logic certainly gave me a leg up and I quickly earned several promotions.  I wish I could say Tasha had an equally easy time of it, but that was not to be.  She had some early successes on some small jobs such as new accessories or a new hairstyle.  Then she got her first big job – a complete wardrobe and makeover for our classmate, Jaimee Gold.  To say it was a disaster would be kind…

She offered a free makeover to Jaimee, which turned out quite lovely to be honest, but the damage was done.  Tasha’s confidence was broken and she started to dread every meeting with a prospective client.  A few evenings later she pulled me aside to talk.  She said she wanted to quit her career as a stylist and pursue something she always wanted to, but thought was too frivolous – inventing. 

‘Sweetheart,’ I said, ‘you can do whatever you want.  If inventing makes you happy then go for it!  Just promise me you’ll be careful.  I’ve heard stories of inventors catching on fire and such.  You are far too lovely to be singed.’

‘I promise,’ she said with a wink and a grin.

It turns out she was a natural at it.  She must have been born with a blow torch in one hand and a hammer in the other!

It was about this time that the army contacted me with an opportunity.  They wanted me to travel to Egypt to learn a local game called Senet.  Apparently it was more complex than chess and the military thought it would be an excellent way to hone officers’ strategic thinking skills.  My first thought was that Tasha and I could make a honeymoon of it, but she really had her heart set on an extended trip to Shang Simla.

‘I’ll burn to a crisp under the desert sun,’ she laughed.  ‘Besides, you’ll be busy on your assignment.  I’m sure I could find things to keep myself occupied, but I’d rather work on my inventing if you don’t mind.’

‘Of course I don’t mind, my dearest.  It will be a short trip anyhow and Grandma Glenys wants to come along to work on her photography.  Personally I think she wants to do some tomb exploration…she’s quite the adventurer, y’know.’

‘Just be careful if you go into any tombs.  We wouldn’t want you or Glenys getting cursed by a mummy or anything,’ she chided with a laugh.

As it turns out, Grandma Glenys and I did do some adventuring while we were in Egypt…

And we did come face to face with a mummy…

But fortunately no one was cursed.  Who knew that mummies were so slow?!

Grandma Glenys took some brilliant photos, the most valuable of which hang in our museum.

Even so, she earned over $30,000 selling the rest of her work in the Consignment Shop.  I learned Senet, completed all of my logic challenges, and earned a level 1 visa in the process.  I’d love to go back again sometime, but that will have to wait.  I think my beautiful bride has other things in mind for now…

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Ch. 27 - I Want My Mummy
« Reply #170 on: December 12, 2011, 10:43:17 AM »
That first picture had me rolling! I honestly have only done the stylist career once or twice but I've never gotten one to look like this! And I love the photos Grandma Glenys took in Egypt. They are so beautiful. I hope a nooboo is to come soon :)

loveSims

« Reply #171 on: December 12, 2011, 01:24:19 PM »
The makeover picture is very funny lol! Great update.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #172 on: December 12, 2011, 01:34:53 PM »
Belated thank you for all the kind posts on Callie's immortality and the wedding!

That makeover was completely under the game's control.  I worked up a beautiful look for Jaimee and when I left the CAS screen that is what I saw.   :o   I'm just glad I was able to snap a pic before Jaimee ran away.  Afterwards Tasha gave her a free makeover which worked fine. 

Indeed, the nooboo is already a toddler, I just haven't posted the update yet.   :)

The four pics of Egypt that Glenys took were valued at around $15k at the time she took them.  The pyramid shot was worth over $6k by itself - that is the priciest photo I have ever had one of my sims snap.  I'm interested to see how much they appreciate in value over time. 

My favorite was the mummy shot.  I was hoping she would find one (fortunately her athletic skill is maxed so I suspect she would fare okay if the mummy caught her), but I left him alive and wandering in his tomb.  I may send Raven to Egypt in the future to kick some mummy butt.

Offline Serena Darrin

• Immortal
  • Back to School
« Reply #173 on: December 12, 2011, 02:03:04 PM »
So I just read this one from the beginning.

I'm really glad with your restart.  I would have missed the Fae's. 

And yeah, I'm doing a stylist heir in my Dynasty, and I've had a few of those bad makeovers.  It's not something within your control, but it usually stops happening pretty quickly.

Unfortunately (unless this has been fixed), photos don't appreciate in value while in the digital frames.  :(

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #174 on: December 12, 2011, 02:50:11 PM »
That shot with the mummy is golden! Can't wait to see the noboo!
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #175 on: December 12, 2011, 03:25:14 PM »
My dynasty stylist is up to level 5 now, and everything's always stayed the way I made it. I didn't even realise it would do that unless you clicked 'Give Bad Makeover'.

Belated congratulations for Callie's immortality, and can't wait to meet the nooboo!

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #176 on: December 12, 2011, 03:53:12 PM »
It’s a Pearl

I pulled Danny aside for a little talk when he and Glenys got home from Egypt.

‘Honey, I know you wanted to wait to start a family until we were both more established in our careers, but I think we need to revisit that decision.  I’m an independent inventor now and can make my own schedule.  Plus we have a house full of elders to help with nooboo care, and your Dad isn’t getting any younger.  Don’t you think it would be great for him to know his grandchild?’

‘You make some pretty compelling arguments Mrs. Fae.  I don’t see how I can refute them since I’m an expert in logic and all,’ Danny said with a wry chuckle.  ‘When do you want to start?’

That was all the urging I needed.  I grabbed Danny’s hand and dragged him upstairs to our bedroom.  He was a bit surprised but more than willing to do his part…

…and sure enough, a few days later our happy suspicions were confirmed.

Even though it looks like I’m spewing toxic waste, Danny assures me that nausea is completely normal at this stage of a pregnancy.  I’m so relieved my husband is a doctor!  Not only can he keep an eye on me to make sure that everything goes smoothly, but he also was able to tell me what we were going to have.   It would appear that I have eaten enough watermelon to ensure us a bouncing baby girl!

My pregnancy was uneventful except for the fact that Danny wouldn’t let me near my inventing bench.  He said he didn’t want me working with a blow torch when I’ve got ‘baby brain’, you know, that absent-minded way some mothers-to-be get.  Fortunately he didn’t mind if I painted while in my delicate condition, so I commandeered Glenys’ easel and had a blast.  I’m not nearly as talented as she is, but I managed to paint a large, abstract piece that my in-laws fell in love with.  It hangs proudly in their bedroom over their headboard.

The first labor pains practically knocked me off my feet when they hit.  For all his talk about logic and being a doctor, Danny reacted like every other father-to-be…he panicked!

He wanted to rush me to the hospital, but I had no desire to go.  After all, 4 generations of Fae women managed to have their babies at home.  Why should I be any different?!  Resigned to my decision, Danny put on his best doctor face and settled in to help me bring our child into the world.  After what seemed like an eternity our precious daughter was born.  Her name is Pearl and she loves the outdoors and is excitable.

Of course the whole family pitched in when it came to looking after Pearl, especially Meg.  Truth be told, I’m glad that Meg is so protective of her…it keeps Raven away.  Now I get along with Raven as much as anyone can, but on the whole I prefer Meg’s good influence over Raven’s evil one when it comes to my child.  I found another excuse to keep her away from Pearl…I asked her to help me shed a few nooboo pounds.

She is an excellent trainer, if a bit over-zealous.  I half expected her to whack me with her cane when I couldn’t keep up with the pace she set!  Needless to say, the weight just flew right off.  I’m in better shape than I was before my pregnancy.

Pearl’s infancy flew by.  Although I’m sure Danny and I could have managed on our own, I’m ever so grateful to my extended family for all their help and support.  Thanks to them I was able to have a luxury few new mothers have…a full night’s sleep!  We held a small family celebration for Pearl’s birthday – although with eight of us in the household we don’t do anything small.  Pearl is a beautiful, happy toddler.  In appearance she favors Danny more than me and in temperament she favors me more than him. 

Glenys quickly took care of her museum pieces and now the fun begins…toddler training!

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Ch. 28 - It's A Pearl
« Reply #177 on: December 12, 2011, 06:06:00 PM »
Congratulations on the arrival of Pearl. I have just been playing my own Dynasty and we just welcomed a little Pearl of our own. It is just so funny that we both named our nooboos Pearl.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #178 on: December 12, 2011, 07:40:14 PM »
Congratulations on the arrival of Pearl. I have just been playing my own Dynasty and we just welcomed a little Pearl of our own. It is just so funny that we both named our nooboos Pearl.

Rachel

That is a funny coincidence!  I chose Pearl because she is going to be the family fisherman, so it seemed somehow fitting.  I can't wait to meet your Pearl!

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #179 on: December 13, 2011, 12:26:01 AM »
Welcome Pearl! She is such a cutie! I think her name definitely suits her personality!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations