Author Topic: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Epilogue - Part II...The Story Is Complete  (Read 101098 times)

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
Re: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Ch. 36 - Bree In Her Own Words
« Reply #270 on: January 16, 2012, 09:24:09 PM »
For some reason it just feels really hectic and crazy in the Fae house.  I know 8 sims plus a dog is a lot to handle, but the elders all seem a little nutty to me - I guess Bree thinks so, too.   ;D

loveSims

« Reply #271 on: January 17, 2012, 07:01:23 AM »
Happy birthday Bree! She is gorgeous. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #272 on: January 18, 2012, 01:27:08 AM »
Elders Gone Wild

I guess I might have sounded a bit harsh in my last update.  Don't get me wrong, I love my family dearly, but it seems that all sense of decorum goes right out of their heads as soon as they taste ambrosia for the first time.  It's almost like they are grown up kids, which can be very disconcerting if you're not used to it.  I spent the last week documenting some of the lunacy around here in case you doubt what I'm telling you.

Monday

Grandma Raven picks a fight with Dad while he is playing on the slip 'n slide. 

Then she blows off some steam as Grandma Glenys trains her on the treadmill.

Tuesday

Grandpa Danny makes faces at Mom.

Wednesday

Grandma Callie makes faces at herself.

Grandma Meg and Grandma Raven get into a fistfight.  Grandma Raven wins.

Thursday

Grandma Callie plays with fire.

Then she decides to cool off on the slip 'n slide...in her formal clothing!

Friday

Grandma Meg unwinds after a long night at the Bistro.

Saturday

Time for a double birthday!  Mom and Dad become elders!

Sunday

Dad relaxes with Grandpa Danny...

...while Mom becomes the sixth immortal.

I wonder what Woody will make of all this when I finally work up the courage to invite him over...

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Ch. 37 - Elders Gone Wild
« Reply #273 on: January 18, 2012, 01:57:54 AM »
That was funny! Congrats on your 6th Immortal! The Elders do sound crazy when you put it like that. Especially Callie...
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

loveSims

« Reply #274 on: January 18, 2012, 04:50:51 AM »
Congrats with your 6th Immortal! Very funny update lol. ;D

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #275 on: January 20, 2012, 08:19:15 AM »
Oh immortal Elders... I'd probably go crazy too if I knew I'd live forever! And congrats on the 6th immortal!!

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #276 on: January 24, 2012, 05:00:05 PM »
Woody

High school isn’t bad at all.  It was only a short time before I was getting straight A’s in all my classes, and I’ve managed to make a few friends, too.  There’s this one guy who I really like…Woodrow Rainey, but everyone calls him Woody.  He’s smart and handsome and we’re getting to be good friends.  I’ve finally worked up the courage to invite him over after school and, if everything goes well, I’m going to ask him to go to the prom with me! 

I picked an afternoon when most of my family was occupied elsewhere so I wouldn’t have to explain a house full of elders on our first date.  Mom and Dad were home, however, so they said hello and then made themselves scarce.  We talked about everything…school, friends, family, music…you name it, we talked about it.  I don’t know where the time went, but pretty soon the sun was setting over the hills and the first flickers of starlight were appearing in the sky.  It turns out Woody is as fascinated by astronomy as I am, so we settled in to watch the stars come out.

I’m not really sure when it happened, but all of a sudden I was acutely aware that Woody had moved closer to me and put his arm behind my back.  The feel of him so close sent shivers up and down my spine.  As much as I hated to take my eyes off of the darkening sky, I knew it was now or never.  I ground my heel into the grass and looked first at my shoes and then at Woody.

‘Um, so the prom is Thursday night,’ I started tentatively.
‘Mm hmm,’ he said, clearly enjoying my discomfort.
‘And if you don’t have a date already I was wondering…’ I continued.
His eyebrows raised as a hint of a smile crossed his face.
‘Um, I was wondering if you would go to the prom with me,’ I blurted out.  I could feel my face blush hotly in the cool night air.
He sat there silently for a second.  Then he leaned towards me, gently kissed my cheek, and whispered, ‘I thought you’d never ask.’

In my head I was all ‘Squee!  Goin’ to the prom with Woody!’, but I kept my composure and reminded him he ought to head home before curfew.  No sooner had he left then I ran into the house squealing with delight and jumping around like a jackrabbit.  Everyone was excited for me, some more than others.  Dad wandered off mumbling to himself how he ought to have a talk with ‘that young man’ as I cringed with embarrassment.  Mom and Grandma Meg immediately ran off to my closet to pick out potential prom-wear.  They came back a few moments later to tell me that we would go shopping the following day to buy a suitable outfit for the occasion.

True to their words we went downtown the next afternoon after school.  You cannot imagine the contortions we went through to find the perfect outfit.  Mom and Grandma Meg favored long, frilly gowns which really weren’t my style.  Most of the dresses I liked were ‘too grown up’ for me according to my chaperones.  I think they just didn’t want me showing off my ‘assets’ quite that much.  We finally settled on a cute number that was short but modest, and not too frilly – it had the perfect ‘leg to cleavage’ ratio.  What do you think?

By the time Thursday afternoon rolled around I was a bundle of nervous energy.  I showered and changed into my prom dress, then Mom helped me with my make-up.  The whole family was there as the gleaming, white stretch limo pulled up to take me to the school.  Dad leaned in to the limo and snapped a picture of me, ‘Smile, sweetie!’

Woody was at the school waiting for me, looking incredibly handsome in his white and gray suit.  He took my hand to help me out of the car, then twirled me around so he could see me from all sides.  He smiled and nodded his appreciation.  Then we walked into the dance, arm in arm.  To say it was the best night of my life would be an understatement!  Woody treated me like a princess – attending to my every wish.  We danced the evening away and, to top it all off, I was crowned Prom Queen!  The time flew by and pretty soon the DJ was announcing the last dance, a slow one.  Woody pulled me into an embrace and wrapped his arms around me as we swayed in time to the music.

‘I love you, Bree Fae,’ he breathed in my ear.  ‘Will you go steady with me?’
I nodded yes as he leaned in to kiss me.  Our eyes closed as our lips met in the first of what I hoped would be many kisses.  What a way to end the night!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sutz

• Townie
Re: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Ch. 38 - Woody
« Reply #277 on: January 24, 2012, 05:53:22 PM »
Ahhhh, l'amour...

loveSims

« Reply #278 on: January 25, 2012, 05:41:47 AM »
Lovely update! Bree look very cute. :)

Offline Sims3Clacla123

• Occult
  • I love tea :)
« Reply #279 on: January 25, 2012, 11:41:28 AM »
Aww that was a very cute update Kat. Bree's prom dress is lovely.
And I'm guessing Woody's going to be the baby daddy of Gen 8 ?  ;)
Live. Laugh. Love.Dream Big and Have no regrets

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #280 on: January 25, 2012, 05:28:52 PM »
A Grown Up Decision

I made it home from the prom before my curfew and I have to say I was floating on a cloud.  I fell asleep and dreamt of my magical evening with Woody and what our future held.

A few days later and our future was upon us…first my birthday…

…then graduation and time to find a job.  In the meantime I had to figure out what would happen with Woody and I.  We both wanted desperately to spend our lives together and raise a family, but there was the little matter of my family’s immortal dynasty to consider.  Most girls have a fabulous party to usher in the start of their adult life.  Not me!  I got a lengthy heart to heart discussion with Mom and Grandma Glenys.  They explained the rules in great detail that Grandma Glenys’ grandfather had set out.  It was all very interesting in a surreal sort of way.  Imagine finding out you are one fraction faerie princess…every little girl’s dream, I suppose.  They explained how it was my responsibility to produce the eighth and final heir.  Excellent!  I had found the man of my dreams and I suspected Woody would be more than happy to join our family and help me with that task.  Then they explained that there was simply not enough room in the household for Woody to marry me.  As a matter of fact, there wasn’t even enough room for us to have a nooboo, married or not, until Dad went with Grim!

I sat there in stunned silence.  When I finally spoke, my voice was low and measured. 

‘You mean to tell me that I will never be able to marry the man I love because of some foolish challenge a crazy, vindictive old man gave you generations before I was even born?  And I’m supposed to have a child out of wedlock, but I have to wait until my father dies because otherwise our house would be too crowded?  Does Dad know that he will never see his grandchild?!’

‘He does,’ Mom replied.

‘And he’s okay with this?!,’ I said heatedly.

‘It doesn’t matter if he’s okay with it or not,’ Grandma Glenys interjected.  ‘It was the price of loving your mother and he knew it before they were married.’

‘And what if I choose to end this folly here and now, old woman?  Tell me why I should pay the price for a decision YOU made before I was even a twinkle in my mother’s eye!,’ I spat with all the venom I could muster.

Mom stepped in, afraid that I might lash out physically at Grandma Glenys, ‘It’s your right to refuse your responsibilities as the seventh generation heir of this dynasty.  We all have faced similar choices.  If you decided to forsake your family and your birthright then we will fail and never again be allowed to return to faerie.  All we have sacrificed will be for naught.’

‘Don’t pressure her, Pearl darling,’ Grandma Glenys sighed resignedly.  ‘Your mother is right, Bree.  You are free to refuse all of this.  You don’t have to decide this moment.  Take time to think about it.  Talk with Woody about it.  You might be surprised to find that he is willing to stand by your side in this even if it is not as your husband.  If, after careful consideration, you choose not to accept the tasks before you then it will be over and we, your family, will stand by your decision.’

At that moment I wasn’t sure if I hated or loved my family.  All I knew for sure was that I needed to feel Woody’s arms around me. 

I asked Woody to stay the night and finally fell into a fitful sleep to the sound of his breathing.

The next morning we were both walking with a little extra spring in our step.

Of course I had to rush out of the house at the crack of dawn to start my new job in the military, but Woody made himself at home with my family.  It was alright with me, though.  After all, even if I couldn’t marry him I expected to be spending a lot of time with him.  My family would have to make room for him in our lives if I was going to go along with this dynasty stuff.

And what of Dad?  He had always been my best friend growing up.  It made my heart ache to know that he would never see his grandchild.  In the meantime we spent as much time together as we could, even if it was just sitting side by side in the family room reading.

Eventually I made my decision…I would continue our bloodline and become the seventh immortal.  I would bring the eighth generation into the world.  I sent a silent prayer to the heavens that I was making the right choice.

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
Re: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Ch. 39 - A Grown Up Decision
« Reply #281 on: January 25, 2012, 06:05:39 PM »
Aww, I feel bad for Bree.  :'(
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #282 on: January 26, 2012, 12:17:57 AM »
Gosh, the seventh immortal always gets the shaft! Poor Bree  :-\
At least their nooboo will be super cute!

loveSims

« Reply #283 on: January 26, 2012, 09:06:45 AM »
Poor Bree, I feel so sorry for her. But she's done the right thing for the dynasty. Awesome update!

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #284 on: January 26, 2012, 01:22:09 PM »
Old and New

With my decision to continue the work of our family dynasty behind me, I settled in to a morbid waiting game.  Everyone in the family knew that our next milestone was the birth of my child, but that couldn’t happen until Dad passed away.  As Dad’s 90th birthday came and went I greeted every new morning with the same awful thought…was today the day I would lose my father and usher in the final chapter of our story…

For Dad’s sake I tried to push these thoughts out of my head.  I didn’t want him to feel as though everyone was in limbo just waiting for Grim to come and claim him, although most days that’s exactly how it felt.   Instead I poured myself completely into my career and my charisma lessons.  I don’t know which was easier really.  It seemed I was getting promoted every time I went to work and I never lacked for friends. 

It was during this time that I got an opportunity to go to Egypt in order to boost my athletic skill, necessary for any successful military career.  Despite Dad’s advanced age he insisted that I go, promising me that he would be waiting for me when I got home.  And so I went to Egypt for a few days, although I never quite shook the feeling of foreboding that accompanied my travels.  A couple of days later I discovered the reason for my anxiety.  It was a hot, sunny afternoon (big surprise) and I decided to explore some of the local sights before my return home.  It never occurred to me that danger could be lurking around the corner. 

The mummy just stared blankly at me for what felt like an eternity but could only have been a few seconds, then, without warning, he attacked. 

I had heard stories of unsuspecting travelers being set upon by ferocious mummies, but I never expected to find myself in this situation.  Surely my advanced athletic skill would provide some advantage.  Sadly my bandaged foe was much stronger than he appeared and he easily won the fight.  I escaped with a few scratches and a bruised ego, but I was extremely lucky not to have been cursed.  Of course, such a frightening experience quite took away any desire to explore that I might have had.  After that I spent what little time I had left in this exotic land soaking up the sights and sounds of the market bazaar.

True to his word, Dad was waiting for me when I returned home, yet somehow the house felt emptier.  It took a few moments to sink in, but I quickly realized that our dog, Cinnamon, hadn’t come to greet me as I walked through the front door.  How odd, she was always the first to rush to the door whenever anyone came home even if it was just from a trip to the consignment store.  Mom and Dad broke the awful news that Grim had come for Cinnamon while I was away.  I excused myself to unpack, but it was really just a reason to be alone with my thoughts about this most recent loss. 

I was preoccupied with my thoughts when the doorbell rang.  I heard the muffled sound of people talking downstairs and then this high-pitched little ‘miaow’, followed by a chorus of ‘awwww’.  When I couldn’t stand it any longer I walked downstairs to see what the commotion was about.  Curled up in the pet bed was the cutest little Persian kitten I had ever seen.

‘Her name is Sassie,’ Grandma Meg said, a smile lighting up her whole face.  ‘You know I’ve lost a lot of loved ones over the years, Bree, and nothing eases the pain of grief and loss like the fresh breath of new life.’

I smiled and Grandma Meg and stared in wonder at the little fluff ball sleeping at my feet.  I knew Grandma Meg was talking about more than just a kitten, and her words gave me the first bit of comfort I had found since I learned of this dynasty thing.

The next few days passed uneventfully, but the calm wouldn’t last long.  I was studying my handiness textbook for work one evening when I heard a strange noise from one of the bedrooms upstairs.  Fearing the worst I dropped my book and bounded up the stairs, taking them two at a time.

I couldn’t hold back the tears as I saw the look of surprise on Dad’s face as he shimmered for a moment and then turned to ectoplasm.  The whole family knew something was amiss and came running just as Grim made his second appearance of the week at the Fae house.  It was over in a moment.  Dad shook hands with Grim and smiled at all of us, then he was gone.  I picked up my cell phone and called Woody.  I sobbed as I told him about Dad, and he said he would be right over.  I met him at the door and fell into his arms as my grief overcame me.  He held me while I cried myself out.  When my tears finally subsided I kissed him and repeated what Grandma Meg had told me just a few days before.  Woody took my hand and led me to my bedroom.  The time had come for the final chapter of our story to be written…

anything