Author Topic: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Epilogue - Part II...The Story Is Complete  (Read 100866 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Ch. 43 - Seven Down, One To Go
« Reply #315 on: February 05, 2012, 03:53:29 AM »
Lol, this just proves how slow I am... You've nearly finished an Immortal Dynasty in the time I've finished the Req's for my First Immortal. Who I started playing before you started this Dynasty. ::) Not that I am complaining, this is an awesome Dynasty!  ;D

What is the lag like in AP this far into the game? Have you noticed a difference in lag for Generation 8 from this Dynasty and the Starr Dynasty?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Sims3Clacla123

• Occult
  • I love tea :)
« Reply #316 on: February 05, 2012, 04:23:56 AM »
Hmm I'm not sure about Tiff now. Maybe you could wait for Idelle to roll a wish to break up with her and then you would have some Lifetime happiness points.
Can't wait for the next picture up date.  :) You're so close.
Live. Laugh. Love.Dream Big and Have no regrets

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #317 on: February 05, 2012, 01:27:24 PM »
What is the lag like in AP this far into the game? Have you noticed a difference in lag for Generation 8 from this Dynasty and the Starr Dynasty?

The lag actually isn't too bad except for loading and saving the game.  I got a new beast of a computer in the fall that has much more memory than my old computer, so I'm sure that is part of the reason the game is running pretty smoothly.  The other thing is my dynasty house is smaller and I've tried to keep the clutter to a minimum (except for my gem collection).  When I get laggy I just resetsim * and that does the trick for at least a while.

Hmm I'm not sure about Tiff now. Maybe you could wait for Idelle to roll a wish to break up with her and then you would have some Lifetime happiness points.
Can't wait for the next picture up date.  :) You're so close.

I'm not sure about Tiff either, but I'm keeping their relationship bar up.  It's not much of a romance, Idelle doesn't roll wishes to spend time with her, but she hasn't rolled romantic wishes about anyone else either, so I'll just keep going along until Idelle lets me know what she wants to do.

Next update coming up!

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #318 on: February 05, 2012, 02:11:31 PM »
Status Quo

I'm confused...

It turns out Tiff had her young adult birthday before I did and now it seems like she doesn't have the time of day for me anymore.  I know she's busy with her job at the grocery store, but still it seems like she's changed somehow.  She seems kind of mean-spirited these days.  Whatever.  I've decided I'm going to wait and see how things go after my birthday.  In the meantime I have plenty to keep me busy with school and nectar making.

My birthday rolled around as these things usually do.  I decided that I didn't want a big party, just a small family celebration - if you can consider a house full of elders 'small'.

After some cake and ice cream everyone piled into the motive mobile to go to my graduation ceremony.  I'm happy to report that I have maintained the Fae's perfect track record.  I am the eighth class valedictorian in the family!  As soon as graduation was over everyone else headed back home and I made my way to the science center to apply for my dream job as a ghost hunter.  I quickly fell into a routine, working on my athletic and musical skills by day, solving Appaloosa Plains' paranormal predicaments by night.

I had completed all my nectar making challenges before my birthday and we now have over 250 bottle of nectar in our museum maturing.  All the work I had put in as a teen perfecting my craft paid off handsomely as I was able to complete my lifetime wish, Bottomless Nectar Cellar, as soon as I selected it.

In other Fae family news, we recently purchased several rock climbing walls since everyone in the family is quite active despite their age.

Here are Grandpa Danny and Grandma Raven doing some training exercises.  Grandma Raven is doing one-handed pull-ups on the climbing wall...show off much?!

Here are Grandpa Danny and I having a race to see who could reach the top first.  I won without breaking a sweat.  Grandpa Danny was a good sport and paid me the $100 we bet each other.

I continued to work on my career, my friendships, and taking as many opportunities as possible when they would come up.  Tiff and I have settled into more of a friendship than a romance, maybe that's how romances end up when they have nowhere else to go.  It's not like we can get married or live together given my peculiar family situation.  I'll always love her and I have the portrait of her that Grandma Glenys painted hanging in a place of honor in my museum room.

I also have some sad news to report.  Grim came to take Sassie away right before my birthday.  Dear Sassie didn't seem at all bothered by it, but it threw the whole family into mourning.  As a side note, apparently Grim is a fan of magic.  Before he left he went out to the loft in the barn and decided to give our cauldron a try.

You'd think being a supernatural being himself would give him some advantage in the realm of magic, but all he conjured was a goldfish, a minnow, and water beetle.  Go figure!

Despite being full of elders, the house felt so empty without Sassie.  Grandma Meg took it especially hard since she and Sass were BFF.  I pulled Grandma Meg aside one afternoon and suggested that perhaps we should adopt again.  After all, Sassie had a wonderful life with us and she would want us to do the same for another animal.  That's how Skyler came to live with us.

He is a Rottweiler mix and is the most awesome dog in the world.  We are inseparable, he even sleeps in bed with me.  I never thought I would fall in love with a dog, but I have.

Time for another birthday, just one more to go until our story comes to an end.

I've done everything that is required of me, but I have a decision to make.  Ghost hunting is my passion but I'm finding it difficult to get promoted.  On the other hand I have a cellar full of nectar that is fully mature and ready to sell.  Do I pursue my ghost hunting career or do I sell off the fruits of my labor, so to speak, as an independent nectar maker.  Decisions, decisions.

I'll leave you with a picture of Shady Rest Gnome Cemetery.  Over the years we have lost nearly 40 of our gnomes, so we set aside this spot to honor them.  Fortunately we still have plenty of the little guys running around and we seem to pick up more of them every day.

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
Re: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Ch. 44 - Status Quo
« Reply #319 on: February 05, 2012, 02:17:13 PM »
I would go wih he nectar career since she'd be able to work on her job, supermax, and LTW all at he same time.
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #320 on: February 05, 2012, 06:54:04 PM »
I'm a little behind but Congrats on your seventh immortal! I don't know how you do it! It's getting hard for me to play right now because I get so bored. Haha

I love how Idelle looks so hardcore trying to wrestle all those ghosts but yet she has a feminine touch from the huge bow in her hair. And is her sleepwear from Master Suite?

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #321 on: February 06, 2012, 12:58:54 AM »
Congratulations on your 7th (I mean 14th) Immortal. I do have to say though, I feel bad, as her great great great x4 grandfather Booker had a mean spirited ex girlfriend as well in the beginning of the game. Too bad Tiffanie can't have a midlife crisis.  :-\

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

loveSims

« Reply #322 on: February 06, 2012, 01:53:37 AM »
The gnome graveyard look awesome! Nectar making will be a great choice. Love the update!

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #323 on: February 06, 2012, 08:01:58 AM »
The gnome graveyard picture is one of my favourite TS3 pictures ever. Its amazing!

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #324 on: February 06, 2012, 10:33:57 AM »
Thank you for all the kind comments!

Wow, I never expected my gnome graveyard to make such an impression!  I've added about 10 more monuments since I took that screenshot, so now there are approx. 45 of them.

@kattiq - Pretty much all of Idelle's YA wardrobe is from Master Suite - every day top, formal gown, nightgown, athletic top, swimwear top, and hair.  It really was quite a good investment. 

About the whole nectar making vs. ghost hunting thing - I opted for ghost hunting originally for a couple of reasons:  more black ops than nectar making, something to do during a boring stretch of the game.  Unfortunately, Idelle's promotions are taking so long because she can't learn logic (it was Daniel's supermax skill) and there have been no black ops for either ghost hunting or nectar making (all her ops have been from her musical and athletic skills).  I ended up switching to nectar making as a career and she maxed it on the first day by selling about half the nectar she made as a teen.  Not too shabby!

Of course, now I have 11 more sim days of doing nothing but making sure she keeps her best friends...    ::)

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #325 on: February 06, 2012, 10:24:47 PM »
Sprint To The Finish

Adulthood agrees with me.  The first thing I did after I celebrated my birthday was quit my job as a ghost hunter.  Much of the nectar I made as a teen had aged to perfect quality and was quite valuable.  Grandma Glenys took a batch of it to the consignment shop and by the end of the day I had reached the top of my career as an independent nectar maker.  I opened a bottle of my finest pomegranate nectar to celebrate...ahhh, smooth with a fruity finish!

Apparently it's not just nectar that mellows with age.  Tiff has been surprisingly sweet lately.  Perhaps she's learning that you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.  We met at the equestrian center to watch the races and she surprised me with a lovely bouquet.

That date really rekindled our romance.  We both decided that we needed to make more time for each other.  I must say, Tiff's romantic gesture put a few thoughts into my head...

Even though I felt like my adulthood was stretching out endlessly before me, I was acutely aware of my responsibilities.

- skill supermaxed, check
   - career maxed, check
   - opportunities completed, check
   - best friends, check

It became a waiting game as I worked feverishly to maintain my relationships and expand my circle of friends to ensure that there would be at least six of them come my elder birthday.

Mom and the grandmas seemed oblivious to the pressure I was putting on myself.  All they ever did was skinny dip in the hot tub or practice conjuring with the cauldron.

Somehow I just couldn't bring myself to join in the fun, although truth be told I had no interest in soaking with a bunch of naked, wrinkly elders.  I'd have plenty of time for that kind of thing after my birthday.

Instead I took to throwing parties at The Grind for my growing entourage.  It was fun and it was the perfect antidote to the havoc wrecked on my friendships by rumor-mongering paparazzi.  With a house full of five-star celebrities it was an every day occurrence for one of us to get accused of horrible behavior.  I tried suing after one particularly vicious rumor was started about me, but the court seemed to place more weight on the paps' right to free speech than to my right not to be slandered.  After that I started paying the pap off.  A few well placed bribes later and my troubles were solved.

After what seemed like an eternity my elder birthday finally was upon me. 

All of my friends were still living and our relationships were intact.  All that was left was to spend a day in the studio with Grandma Glenys and immortality was mine.  That evening we moved my elder pieces into the museum...my room was complete.

My whole life, in fact the lives of everyone in my family, had come down to this moment.  I carefully approached the food replicator and pressed the button...

...I stared in wonder as the ambrosia shimmered and solidified before my eyes.  Slowly, almost reverently, I carried the plate to the table as my family looked on.

I raised the fork to my lips and hesitantly took my first bite.  Don't let anyone kid you, ambrosia is the most noxious tasting thing I'd ever eaten!

I choked every last bite down, silently praying for a bottle of my finest nectar to wash the rank taste out of my mouth.  When I finished I just sat in my chair with my eyes closed as I felt the power of the ambrosia wash over me.

I had done it!  I had completed the challenge Grandma Glenys undertook so many years ago.  When I opened my eyes my gaze caught hers and I saw a single tear fall down her cheek.  With his challenge completed, I wondered what my great- great- many times great- grandfather, the faerie king, would do.  Would he honor his promise and allow my family to return to the Seelie Court?  Would we get our powers back even though most of us were far more human than fae by now?  The questions roiled in my mind until I thought I would scream.  There would be time to sort this out in the morning.  I was suddenly exhausted and wanted nothing more than to sink into dreamless slumber.

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
Re: The Fae Immortal Dynasty 2: Ch. 45 - Sprint To The Finish
« Reply #326 on: February 06, 2012, 11:39:23 PM »
OMG, Congrats on your final immortal for this dynasty!!!!  ;D You've done it twice now!

(P.S I feel special being the first to congratulate you. :P )
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Choccolatee

« Reply #327 on: February 07, 2012, 12:45:18 AM »
Congratulations!  ;D

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #328 on: February 07, 2012, 02:14:42 AM »
Congratulations on your second completion!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #329 on: February 07, 2012, 02:23:45 AM »
Congratulations Kat!!  :D Is the Story to continue or has it ended now, on a cliffhanger?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

anything