Author Topic: Understanding Nectar Making  (Read 8500 times)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Understanding Nectar Making
« on: November 07, 2019, 04:00:27 PM »
Play and I have put together notes on Nectar Making. Our experiment came from the point of view of having maxed nectar making and gardening, but trying to figure out how to get the best nectar, where to best store it, and it's price.

Once you've maxed the nectar skill challenges, the nectar skill and having perfect plants you simply can make amazing or awesomely amazing recipes once a day and sell the bottles instantly if you are wanting cash per day...or leave them to age in the best rack in a basement.

The single most expensive recipe is the 9 Lifefruit 1 Pomegranate, so if you are after money then no need to make anything else unless you want all the moodlets for your sim. In which case you make the recipe 2 Lifefruit, 6 Flamefruit, 1 Cran 1 Avorn.

Although in my view the best machine upgrade is enhanced flavor and made with concentrated method for the most money per bottle. You'll still get 3 bottles per batch once you've completed the nectar skill challenges (Flavorful Feet - Squish 40 batches of nectar and Mix Master - Make 15 different nectar combos) so to my mind it's the better option.

It all relies on whatever the price was the moment the batch finished so the more expensive each bottle is...the more it will increase per week as it ages. It is a non-compounding age-price increase so the bottle will (or should) increase in price the same amount each week.

~ 15 Amazing recipes tried, see spoiler:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

~ Nectaring Tips and Info:

-- 🍇 Avoid traveling with your nectar making Sim after you've purchased the grapes from France.  - It resets the counter to where you have to start the nectar making challenges over again.

-- 🍇 Cherimola Blan, and Renoit grapes are the first to become harvestable on week 1, day 5. Or day 5 after they've been planted.

-- 🍇 The rest of the French grapes (Avornalino, Cranerlet Nuala, Gralladina Fran, Meloire) become harvestable on week 2 day 2, or a week and two days after they've been planted.

-- 🍇 1 bunch means 10 grapes for each batch.

-- 🍇 If you've already reached Flavorful Feet (40 squished french grapes) letting other Sims squish the fruit is okay. If not, it will throw the count off from the Flavorful Feet Challenge. Other than that, it is okay as long as your nectar making Sim is the one that cranks the machine or makes the nectar.

-- 🍇 The game counts fruit squished and made after nectar process is done in the machine.

-- 🍇 When clicking on the machine the menu will only show 6 recipes. The recipes may change as your Sim learns better recipes. Look in Sim's Nectar Skill Journal for the 6 most valuable recipes.

-- 🍇 Shift-right-click on the triangle in the upper left of the grape icon and drag and drop to personal inventory, and type in the number you want to put in Sims personal inventory.

-- 🍇 You can drag and drop stacks of grapes into the machine by right-click on the triangle of a stack of grapes and it will allow you to drag and drop 10 grapes into each of your machines.

-- 🍇 There are 3 upgrade options, and you can only do one at a time.

– At Handiness lv5, the Improved Pressing Upgrade Unlocks on the Nectar Machine. This is the 1st upgrade option.

– At Handiness lv6, the unbreakable option becomes available.

– At lv9 Handiness the With Flavor Enhancement Upgrade Unlocks on the nectar machine. This is the 3rd upgrade option.

-- 🍇 While the nectar made with Improved Pressing isn't as valuable, it can give 4 bottles per batch and more money per batch. Which makes up the difference and makes improved pressing more worth it.

-- 🍇 When upgraded to Improved Pressing and have 200 bottles or below each process makes:

– Mass Produced = 6 bottles ea. (7)
         – Extended Nectaration = 4 bottles ea. (5)
         – Concentrated = 3 bottles ea. (4)

After 200 bottles, each above will make an extra bottle.

-- 🍇 Using the Mass Produce option (6 bottles) and having the machine upgraded to Improved Pressing, can give 7 bottles per batch. - If already made over 200 bottles of nectar.

-- 🍇 Click on machine, select Make Nectar > Mass Production (for example). This will have your nectar making Sim squish and make the nectar at the same time. Saving a lot of time!!

-- 🍇 When upgraded to Flavor Enhancement, it makes 1 less bottle (3 total bottles) per batch, or 4 bottles per batch if already made over 200 bottles of nectar.

-- 🍇 It's fine for another Sim to take the bottles of nectar from the machine. It does not hurt the stats of the nectar making Sim. They still get the props for making the nectar.

-- 🍇 You can sell the bottles of nectar via the consignment shop and get some extra profit from that. However, some may not sell, in which the bottles will be given back to you and placed in your Sims personal inventory. Which can be sold off from there if desired.

-- 🍇 The nectar machines don't need to be in the basement. They can be placed where ever you have the room.

-- 🍇 Nectar gains better value in nectar racks in a basement. - The basement can be of any size, but only needs to be 1 level deep.
        – Necteaux Nectar Rack =  §1200. - Buy > Storage > Misc. Storage

-- 🍇 Nectar does not gain value sitting in chests.

-- 🍇 To complete The Vizard of Vine challenge (# of French grapes used = 400 grapes), your nectar making Sim must plant and harvest any variety of French grapes on their home lot and turn those grapes into nectar. The challenge will complete when the last batch has finished. Your other Sim(s) may help water and weed without it taking away from the challenge.

~ Reference Links:

15 Amazing Grape Recipes
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=219.msg40578#msg40578

Sims 3 ~ Nectar Making
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Nectar_making]https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Nectar_making

Carl's Guide ~ Nectar Making
https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/skills/worldadventures/nectarmaking/

Sims Wiki ~ Nectar Making
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php%3Ftitle%3DGame_Help:Sims_3_Skills/Nectar_Making

Carl's Guide ~ Nectar Making - Quality, Value and Aging
https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/skills/worldadventures/nectarmaking/quality-value-aging.php

Vizard of Vine challenge
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=245.0
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
Re: Understanding Nectar Making
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 05:36:27 PM »
Regarding the handiness upgrades ... you can't have both improved pressing or flavor enhancement on the one machine, so it is one or the other. (just like other items which can have more than one upgrade options.

Question - When working on the different nectar skill challenges, are there particular upgrade options that are best with particular upgrades?

Question 2 - When doing challenges requiring unique skills, does working on nectar making skill give much of an increase to gardening skill like inventing --> handiness? IE is it feasible to have Sim A do gardening and Sim B do nectar making, or is that too risky in your experience?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2019, 06:02:37 PM »
I understand it's one or the other, but I wanted to note that in case anyone didn't know that at lv. 5 the machine could be upgraded to Improved Pressing. Which is one of the 1st upgrade options you get besides tinkering. Then at lv. 8 or 9, the machine can then be upgraded again to Flavor Enhancement, which is the 2nd upgrade option that unlocks.

I am not sure on question #1, as I upgraded to Improved Pressing as soon as my Sim could while still trying to achieve both the Flavorful Feet (Squish 40 batches of nectar) and Mix Master (Make 15 different nectar combos)

I was only working with nectar making while doing our experiment and was focused on that. My Sim mastered Nectar making, had perfect plants and trees, and mastered gardening and some of it's challenges.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 06:30:52 PM »
I can't really help much either as I knew I wanted to use the Concentrated method of batch making with the Flavor Enhancement upgrade so I didn't bother testing the other options. Why? Because I already knew those two options together make the highest priced bottles when the nectar making skill challenges have been completed and perfect rare plants are used.

Nectar skill doesn't increase the gardening skill at all, is that what you are asking? @Deklitch   The only reason your sim gains gardening skill is if you are gardening for the fruit instead of buying it. But to make money you need perfect plants so the two skills go hand-in-hand.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2019, 05:36:37 AM »
@Playalot yes, that was what I was asking.

Thank you both for investigating Nectar Making. :)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2019, 10:35:45 AM »
If you want to supermax nectar making your nectar maker will need to garden to complete the skill where they need to use 400 French grapes to produce nectar (The Vizzard of Vine). Your sim will need to plant the lowest quality (no perfect grapes, please) and harvest them. Have someone else do the weeding and watering, and you should be okay.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2019, 04:41:53 PM »
Thanks Krae. I keep on thinking it is watering that is ok, but each time I discover I am mistaken, and then think I will remember, do not water plants or plant seeds, get Aggie/another non targeted immortal to do that. lol

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2019, 10:45:13 AM »
I thought Vizard of Vine only required harvesting, which actually doesn't skill up gardening if you're not skilled in it already. It has to be French grapes (in case that wasn't clear), but as KRae said, quality doesn't matter and grapes won't get you the top nectar bottles anyways.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2019, 04:32:22 PM »
That's my trouble Trip :P I keep on forgetting that it is harvesting that doesn't skill gardening if you don't have gardening skill. I always think it is watering until the sim hits level 1 gardening skill :)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2019, 05:40:50 PM »
Actually, your Sim does gain gardening skill by harvesting the plants, regardless if harvesting plants around town or on their home lot. Even weeding/watering will gain gardening skill.

But remember Play and I were coming from having a perfect garden, maxed gardening and nectar making. We were mostly trying to figure out how to get the best nectar, where to best store it, and it's price. We were just sharing our notes.

If you want to talk gardening, I am all for it. *Snicker* We can create a new thread so we don't take this one further off topic.

anything