Author Topic: What do the tunes mean?  (Read 33363 times)

HannahEloiseee

Re: What do the tunes mean?
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2012, 11:05:21 AM »
When one escapes, they stick around for abit. When you get the message that they've escaped the animal is normaly were your sim was standing. I've had a snake escape and I've found it dead on the floor from
my cat eating it. Has your household got any cats? My cat always eating my birds.

Offline Catarra Nightshade

• I got Cat class...
  • Townie
  • And I got Cat style!
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2012, 12:11:49 PM »
I searched the house, moving rugs and stuff looking for that snake, never did find it. That was toward the beginning...maybe 2nd generation of my dynasty. But it was after that when I first heard the tune. The only pets I've had were a couple Sixams, also toward the beginning, and a cat just recently...during generation almost 5, and we only had the cat a couple days. The tune for the Sixams dieing was not the same as the mystery tune. Neither was the tune for the cat's meeting with Grim.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

HannahEloiseee

« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2012, 01:29:25 PM »
I searched the house, moving rugs and stuff looking for that snake, never did find it. That was toward the beginning...maybe 2nd generation of my dynasty. But it was after that when I first heard the tune. The only pets I've had were a couple Sixams, also toward the beginning, and a cat just recently...during generation almost 5, and we only had the cat a couple days. The tune for the Sixams dieing was not the same as the mystery tune. Neither was the tune for the cat's meeting with Grim.

I'm sure I've heard the tune somewhere. When I hear it I'll have to record it.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2012, 03:07:06 PM »
I think it's connected with the unicorn. My Sim was at a fishing spot, and the unicorn was there -- possibly blessing the plants or something. Anyway, this pretty tune came on. It's one I didn't hear before Pets, and one I've only heard at night, so I think it's the same one you're referring to.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2012, 04:04:33 PM »
I was watching a Let's Play by Curtis Paradis and that very tune came on! He was playing in Bridgeport and it was during the day so I don't think it was a unicorn, also another tune, about the same length but sort of happy sounding came on a few minutes later! Strange!! Curtis had no clue what either of them meant and no pop ups appeared..

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2012, 04:49:47 PM »
I heard a funny jingle when my Dog gained the Adventurous Trait today. I'll re-listen to that video you posted earlier to see if it's the same. I don't think it was though.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2012, 01:21:24 AM »
To be perfectly honest, the tune sounds to me like a "Ashes to ashes, dust to dust" tune, or a "Move on" tune. Had your Sim recently Moved Over the Hill? (That's the interaction at the hospital, or something like it, to rid an Adult Sim of a MidLife Crisis, from Generations.)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

• I got Cat class...
  • Townie
  • And I got Cat style!
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2012, 02:48:36 AM »
To be perfectly honest, the tune sounds to me like a "Ashes to ashes, dust to dust" tune, or a "Move on" tune. Had your Sim recently Moved Over the Hill? (That's the interaction at the hospital, or something like it, to rid an Adult Sim of a MidLife Crisis, from Generations.)

No birthdays, no mid-life crisis, always at home when nothing special is going on. Unless the gnomes have their own special tune. (I know, I keep coming back to the gnomes.)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2012, 11:23:28 PM »
Or when you become Publicly Disgraced?

I'm almost certain it's Publicly Disgraced. I listened to Curtis Paradis' Let's Play, and Publicly Disgraced was the only thing with a Similar Tune, if not identical.
Edit: No, scratch that, I listened again and compared it to your video, Catarra - totally different, at least, the one I heard.

Offline Galena

• Townie
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2012, 11:08:59 AM »
I think that is the tune that plays when a couple breaks up.

Edit: I found a youtude video of the breakup tune.  Does your video have the entire tune, or did you start recording partway through it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_cGMb79hec
My Builds
Sweetwater Cafe and Nectary
Growing Family Home
Sunset Valley Fire Department
Savey Simoleon Mall
I welcome suggestions and constructive criticism about any of my builds on their threads.

• I got Cat class...
  • Townie
  • And I got Cat style!
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2012, 11:24:55 AM »
I think that is the tune that plays when a couple breaks up.

Edit: I found a youtude video of the breakup tune.  Does your video have the entire tune, or did you start recording partway through it?

I missed the first couple notes since the tune always catches me by surprise.

Edit: That is the same tune! But I haven't had any sims break up, and there aren't any close neighbors to be catching their break up. I may have to experiment with break ups now to see if that may be the cause.

• I got Cat class...
  • Townie
  • And I got Cat style!
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2012, 11:39:35 AM »
There are a lot of videos on youtube with this tune as the break up song.  :o

Who'da thunk it?

Offline Galena

• Townie
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2012, 01:44:24 PM »
So we know what the tune is, but what could of caused it?  I pretty sure inactive sims don't break up, and you would know if you told your sims broke up.  Maybe it was a weird glitch, like the glitch that ramdomly adds the value of your cars to your funds.
My Builds
Sweetwater Cafe and Nectary
Growing Family Home
Sunset Valley Fire Department
Savey Simoleon Mall
I welcome suggestions and constructive criticism about any of my builds on their threads.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2012, 02:02:51 PM »
There was a stray dog on my dynasty lot that died and the music played. No one was friends with it. Grimmy came and left his headstone, so I put it in the cemetery.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2012, 02:17:35 PM »
Sounds familiar, so does that mean, if you are playing one household and someone in another household breaks up, you still hear the tune?  I am not sure that is possible, but you never know about these sims.  Can an inactive household have breakups?  I know when I take my sims to the park, there are other couples flirting with one another, but not sure about the breakups. ???
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

anything