Author Topic: Upgrade Comments Thread  (Read 15292 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: Upgrade Comments Thread
« Reply #90 on: November 25, 2011, 02:48:05 PM »
Ahh, I can see how Curve would be helpful to you then. I have found the quotes a little hard to read because of the contrast and have my browser zoomed in a touch. I don't have glasses at the moment or I'd be changing the font size under the assumption everyone has that problem. I do think the notifications on greengrass stand out too much and might play around with the shade of green some time. I may grow bored with the current theme and add others in the future now that i know how to modify them ;)

Offline moonshadow

• Watcher of the Moon.
  • Townie
  • "It's not someday, but today that I change"
« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2011, 03:31:33 PM »
Ahh, I can see how Curve would be helpful to you then. I have found the quotes a little hard to read because of the contrast and have my browser zoomed in a touch. I don't have glasses at the moment or I'd be changing the font size under the assumption everyone has that problem. I do think the notifications on greengrass stand out too much and might play around with the shade of green some time. I may grow bored with the current theme and add others in the future now that i know how to modify them ;)

No problem.  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #92 on: November 26, 2011, 02:02:26 AM »
Have we lost the abilty to spell-check our posts? English is not my native language and I found the ability to check my spelling so useful.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #93 on: November 26, 2011, 02:05:03 AM »
Yeah, Carl mentioned somewhere that SpellCheck has gone. He said that we could use any other browser than IE though, as they all have SpellCheck built into them, except Internet Explorer.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #94 on: November 26, 2011, 02:29:41 AM »
Thanks for the answer, Seabody. *Goes off to find how to make Firefox check spelling in English.* :)

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
« Reply #95 on: November 26, 2011, 08:01:47 AM »
I am having an issue similiar to one a few pages back, I can't view anyone's profile.  I can view my own ok but no one else's.  I have tried changing themes as that seemed to be an issue will some, but to no avail.  Has the permissions changed so that only certain members can view other's profiles?
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #96 on: November 26, 2011, 09:03:59 AM »
I am having an issue similiar to one a few pages back, I can't view anyone's profile.  I can view my own ok but no one else's.  I have tried changing themes as that seemed to be an issue will some, but to no avail.  Has the permissions changed so that only certain members can view other's profiles?

Yep, the full members group wasn't able to view them. Fixed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
« Reply #97 on: November 26, 2011, 09:16:12 AM »
Yep, the full members group wasn't able to view them. Fixed.

Thank you  :)
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #98 on: November 28, 2011, 11:58:15 AM »
Wow! Things look different! You must have been working hard Carl.

I have a few questions though.

First, I clicked the unread posts since last visit tab and I got five pages. I didn't have time to go through them all so I left the site (without signing out) to do something else and when I came back to read and catch up there were only a few posts. I lost all five pages.

Next, when I go through the posts the little quotes and things that people put in their signature almost look like it's part of the post.  It's a little confusing.

Did we lose the delete this post option?  I used to come in and check off all the threads that I knew I didn't want to read to make reading what I did want to more manageable. 

Are there options to change any of this or did I miss it somewhere?

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #99 on: November 28, 2011, 12:12:42 PM »
I'll look into it for you soon, unless someone else knows where any of those features are.

Sportsfan

« Reply #100 on: November 28, 2011, 06:57:00 PM »
It's always done the unread posts thing for me.

And the delete button is still there. To the right of "modify". Its "remove"

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #101 on: November 28, 2011, 07:08:04 PM »
Wow! Things look different! You must have been working hard Carl.

I have a few questions though.

First, I clicked the unread posts since last visit tab and I got five pages. I didn't have time to go through them all so I left the site (without signing out) to do something else and when I came back to read and catch up there were only a few posts. I lost all five pages.

Next, when I go through the posts the little quotes and things that people put in their signature almost look like it's part of the post.  It's a little confusing.

Did we lose the delete this post option?  I used to come in and check off all the threads that I knew I didn't want to read to make reading what I did want to more manageable. 

Are there options to change any of this or did I miss it somewhere?

Your delete question was answered, the others are just quirks of the system. You went to all unread, and the system thought you read them.

I see your point with the signatures, but its's just the way they are portrayed in SMF 2.0

loveSims

« Reply #102 on: November 29, 2011, 06:22:12 AM »
@RunAmokSims if you don't want to see the signatures there is a option in the look and layout where you can disable it (hope that sound right lol)

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #103 on: November 29, 2011, 09:11:58 AM »
It's always done the unread posts thing for me.

And the delete button is still there. To the right of "modify". Its "remove"

No, I'm not talking about individual posts. I know that's there.  What I'm talking about is when you look at the listing of all the unread topics  there used to be a box on the right edge of the page to check if you wanted to mark the post as read so it would delete from the page listing you were looking at.  That's how I used to manage having several pages of posts to go through.   

I've never had the unread posts disappear before. When I would look at the unread posts since your last visit they would be there till I read them or marked them as read.

Sportsfan

« Reply #104 on: November 29, 2011, 09:38:16 AM »
No, I'm not talking about individual posts. I know that's there.  What I'm talking about is when you look at the listing of all the unread topics  there used to be a box on the right edge of the page to check if you wanted to mark the post as read so it would delete from the page listing you were looking at.  That's how I used to manage having several pages of posts to go through.   
There still is that. Bottom right.

I've never had the unread posts disappear before. When I would look at the unread posts since your last visit they would be there till I read them or marked them as read.
Parts in bold. Since your last visit. So if you leave the forum and then come back a little bit later most will be gone.