Author Topic: Witches from Llŷn - The Afon Immortal Dynasty - COMPLETE  (Read 32812 times)

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Witches from Llŷn - The Afon Immortal Dynasty - COMPLETE
« on: November 22, 2011, 10:17:57 AM »
I've been reading all the amazing stories on here for a while, and though I'd start my own. I've never played such a long family before, and have never even tried out some of the skills and careers I'm planning to use, but it's as good a time as any to start! So, to introduce my founder...

My name is Eleri. I was once a witch.

Two years ago, I was the Queen of the witches of Llŷn. I had a husband, Owain, who I loved. I had a sister, Ifanna, twenty-five minutes younger and my best friend. Or so I thought. She was jealous of my inheritance of the land of our mothers. She made a plan to cast me out and lay a web of lies that would prevent me ever returning, a plan which was put into action when I left her in charge to visit a neighbouring witch-clan. I returned to find her married to Owain, a warrant on my head and my people turned against me.

I wandered for a while. Where do you go when all that you know is torn from you? I slept on hillsides and in woodlands, ate berries and roots, hid from the elements in barns and stables.

And then, I discovered a way back.

I have to assemble a line of eight with witch-blood, each with different skills and experiences. We must all become immortal, and then we can defeat Ifanna and I can return home. It will not be easy. I needed to find a land far away from my home, one where my powers will most likely be useless, in order for us not to be found.

I found a place named Riverview, where the people seemed friendly and the land was green. I bought the biggest plot of land I could afford. It was nothing compared to my homeland, but I could grow a garden here. I am determined to get home.

Eleri Afon - 1st Generation: IMMORTAL
LTW: Culinery Librarian
Career: Culinery
SuperMax Skill: Cooking
Other maxed skills: Gardening
Building: Billy's Groceries
Property: Lost Willow Park
LTR: Super Green Thumb, Fertility Treatment, Fireproof Homestead
Best Friends: Billy Caspian Afon, Rhiannon Afon, MaryKay Shallow, Odin Crosby, Julie Bowens, Rhea Afon
Opportunities: A Nice Harvest, All New Dishwashing Machine, Learn a Recipe, Harvesting the Best, Perfect Producer, Outstandingly Rare
Paintings: Young Adult, Adult, Elder
Ice Sculptures: Young Adult, Adult, Elder

Rhiannon Afon - 2nd Generation - IMMORTAL
LTW: Perfect Aquarium
Career: Angler
SuperMax Skill: Fishing
Building: Rhea and Rhos' Spa
Property: Fish Hatchery
LTR: Motive Mobile, Steel Bladder, Entreprenurial Mindset
Best Friends: Eleri Afon, Rhoslyn Afon, Anwen Afon, Nicklaus Newbie Afon, Elissa Naquin, Alvaro Connelly
Opportunities: Pile of Permission Slips, A Fishy Science Project, Funny Looking Fish, Monster from the Deep, Fishing for Suits, Lobsters in Demand
Portraits: Toddler, Child, Teen, YA, Adult, Elder
Ice Scuptures: Toddler, Child, Teen, YA, Adult, Elder

Anwen Afon - 3rd Generation - IMMORTAL
LTW: Fashion Phenonomen
Career: Stylist
SuperMax Skill: Sculpting
Building: Little Corsican Bistro
Property: Octogon Art Gallery and Museum
Lifetime Rewards: Extra Creative, Artisan Crafter, Moodlet Manager
Best Friends: Amelia Afon, Ricky Afon, Nestor Bermudez, Gloria Bermudez, Latisha Casper, JC Naylor
Opportunities: Scavenger Hunt: Rare Elements, Work/School Learning Project, Art-A-Thon, Help the School, Scupt a Suspect, Sims on Ice
Paintings: Toddler, Child, Teen, YA, Adult, Elder
Ice Sculptures: Toddler, Child, Teen, YA, Adult, Elder

Megan Afon - 4th Generation - IMMORTAL
LTW: Sports Legend
Career: Professional Sports
SuperMax Skill: Athletics
Building: Llama Memorial Stadium
Property: Riverview Gymnasium
Lifetime Rewards: Food Replicator, Long-Distance Friend, Office Hero
Best Friends: Jack Afon, Brandie Pressley, Gwenlyn Afon, Karri Allford, Wilbert Pressley, Margaret Westfall
Opportunities: Don't Sweat, When to Riot, The Complete Circuit, Always the Difficult Ones, Bounce the Crowd, Kicking the Cramps

Gwenlyn Afon - 5th Generation - IMMORTAL
LTW: Chess Legend
Career: Ghost Hunter
SuperMax Skill: Logic
Building: County Care General Hospital
Property: Cemetary
Lifetime Rewards: Professional Simoleon Booster, Opportunistic, Teleportation Pad
Best Friends: Megan Afon, Adlais Afon, Elsa Escamilla, Beau Cleveland, Keisha Boyd, Wade Afon
Opportunities: Fixing the Celestial Slump, Tutor Me Please, Taking Down Sinclair, Riddle Away, Spooky Props, Logic 101

Adlais Afon - 6th Generation - IMMORTAL
LTW: Rockstar
Career: Music (Rock branch)
SuperMax Skill: Guitar
Building: Theatre
Property: The Brightmore
Lifetime Rewards: Hover Bed
Best Friends: Seren Afon, Adam Snowden, +4 (will fill in when I open my game)
Opportunities: Tons of Tips, The Set Up, Guitar Up!, Stick Around for the Music, Some Hogan Rock, Make-A-Dream

Seren Afon - 7th Generation - IMMORTAL
LTW: Professional Author
Career: Writer
SuperMax Skill: Writing
Building: Bookstore
Property: Library
Lifetime Rewards: Master of Seduction, Acclaimed Author, Above Reproach
Best Friends: Taryn Afon, Dianne Isbell, Shamika Lockwood, Star Lau, Elisa Garett, Jed Ortega
Opportunities: The Writing Club, A History of One, A Small Painting, Tear Up The Dance Floor, Save the Herding, Best Food In Town

Taryn Afon - 8th Generation
LTW: Become a CEO
Career: Business
SuperMax Skill: Handiness
Building: Doo Peas Corporate Towers
Property: Landgraab Sell and Swap
Lifetime Rewards: Hardly Hungry, Excellent Groupie, No Bills Ever
Best Friends: Jade Perez, Shad Bagley, Brie Larkin, Sondra Reedy, Courtney Beaver, Tommie Bowers
Opportunities: Scavenger Hunt: Precious Metals, After School Employment, Getting to Know...You, A Farewell to Paper, A Charming Experiment, A Public Speaking Event
Ice Scuptures: Toddler, Child, Teen, YA, Adult, Elder

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Re: Witches from Llŷn - The Afon Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 11:12:05 AM »
Chapter 1 - Eleri

I had so much to do when I arrived in Riverview. I had to find somewhere to start. With the small amount of money I had left, I bought a few items and then went to the library. I had never had a need to learn any practical skills before, but now they would be necessary. I started with a book on cooking.

As I read, several young men walked into the library. I had to start somewhere with a spouse, why not here?  I introduced myself to a man with beautiful ginger hair, but he was married. We spoke for a while regardless, I would need friends as well as a husband.

I introduced myself to a second man, and it seemed to be going well. We spoke about cooking and careers.

But, sadly, he too was married.

I left the library late, and began my walk home. I had learnt lots of things about cooking and also gardening, but the one thing that was impressed upon my mind the most was that I had so much more to learn. As I walked past the library, absorbed in the challenge that lay ahead, I noticed a third man. I introduced myself, hoping that the adage about 'third time lucky' would be true. He was artistic and a little inappropriate, but very attractive. We spoke for a while, until it became too late to continue.

At home, I tested my cooking skill by making dinner. It's a good thing that I love the outdoors, because I can't yet afford walls.

The next morning, I asked for employment at the Bistro in town. I needed a job and I was becoming ever better at cooking.

I spent a little more time at the library, reading about gardening. I was going to need good produce if I was ever going to become a serious chef and produce the food I needed to become immortal: Ambrosia.

When I arrived home I felt the urge to call Billy, the man I had met last night. He came over and we quickly became friends, then best friends. We shared our first kiss in the darkness on my lot, and when I asked him to stay for the night he agreed almost before I could finish the question.

In the morning, I realised I had dreamt of him all night. I had known I needed to find a spouse when I came here, but never imagined I could fall in love. I decided I couldn't wait any longer, and as soon as he woke up I asked him to marry me. He must feel the same as I do, as he accepted immediately.

We got married then and there, in our pyjamas on an empty lot. Billy Afon, my husband.

The lot didn't stay empty for long: I didn't realise Billy had a very expensive sports car! They sold it and built a new house:

Next update: the couple begin married life.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 11:20:25 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Ari!  I love the premise of your dynasty and Billy is a great catch!  Wishing you lots of good luck!

loveSims

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 01:40:30 PM »
Nice start! The house look great. Welcome to the forum :D

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 10:16:10 AM »
Chapter 2 - New Love and New Work

Billy and I quickly settled into the routine of our new life. I spent all my time out in the garden planting...

...or harvesting...

... or going looking for seeds.

My garden was growing every day and it was a delight to see. The staff at the grocery and the bistro began to notice my garden and I had several opportunities to provide them with produce. I also spent time studying my cooking and working my job at the bistro, for if I ever wanted to eat Ambrosia I would need to be able to make it first.

Billy preferred to spend his time at the easel painting so he would have enough skill to paint my portrait. He was getting better every day.

He also spend time at his sculpting station, working first in clay...

... and then in ice. He was soon able to make ice sculptures that would never melt, a type of magic I had never seen before. I wondered if he had some witch-blood in him, way back. Even though only girl children can be witches, it was not unheard of for a boy child to gain the occasional minor power in my clan.

I had only a few days left of being a young adult (as they call me here, without knowing I have been alive for many years as a witch) and Billy sculpted me in ice.

We were both so busy with our respective hobbies and jobs that we completely forget about Billy's birthday. He aged up alone, by his easel.

I realised, when he told me about his birthday, just how mortal he really was. I would be immortal, here for centuries to come, able to meet my grandchildren and great-grandchildren and even more. He was mortal, and could never be otherwise. I realised I needed to spend more time with him, while I still could.

The requirements are only half the difficulty of immortality.

And, as a teaser for next time...

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 11:14:26 AM »
This is a great premise.... Also, I always support founder x Billy. He's just such a wonderful catch for a dynasty.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 04:39:54 PM »
Chapter Three - Not One, Not Two, But...

I became pregnant a few days before my adult birthday. I still wasn't sure if I was ready to become a mother, but, as they say, there's no time like the present. I made sure to rest during my pregnancy and read the pregnancy books - I needed to be prepared for what was to come.

Billy helped me prepare, but still spent much of his time by his easel, apart from when he prepared the nursery.

However the garden still wouldn't tend itself, and I had to go out occasionally and water my plants.

I was here, tending my plants and thinking about my job when the pains hit.

I tried to go and tell Billy, but the pains were too strong. I felt like I was going to give birth into the fire pit!

He took me to the hospital in a taxi, clutching my hand. I think he was just as scared as I was. Eventually, after three hours, I gave birth, and we were soon allowed home with the baby girls.

Yes, baby girls. Three of them. Three lovely, healthy, beautiful baby girls. Billy nearly fainted with shock, and if I hadn't been so exhausted from the labour I think I may have done too. We have named them Rhiannon, Rhoslyn and Rhea. Billy is a good father, he adores spending time with all three of the girls.

I hope I can be a good mother, too.

It was also time for my adult birthday. We hosted a party and invited a few of the people we knew. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.

As I became an adult, I couldn't help but think about how far I had to go.

Authors Note: Triplets? TRIPLETS!?! I wanted twins for painting/sculpting, but triplets were not on the agenda. Guess I've learnt my lesson about using fertility treatment and kids TV and kids music.

Rhiannon is Friendly and Loves the Outdoors (and the future Immortal), Rhoslyn is Artistic and Insane (she'll be a painter/sculptor in case Billy dies before I can get my painter immortal skilled up) and Rhea is Athletic and Brave (I don't yet have a plan for her, but I'm thinking to stick her in a rabbithole career, maybe Military)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

loveSims

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 05:48:45 PM »
Cobgrats with the triplets! Your sims have a few busy days ahead of them ;)

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2011, 08:08:31 AM »
Good luck. You'll need it, with three.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2011, 04:36:14 PM »
Thanks! They're all children now, although the time that they were toddlers for was pure hell. Didn't even get chance to teach Rhoslyn her final skill, but as she's not the targeted Immortal I'm mostly fine with that.

But without further ado - the next chapter!

Chapter Four - Toddler Years

It was soon time for the girls to become toddlers. Billy helped them blow out the candles.

Here's Rhiannon.

Rhoslyn.

Rhea.

While they were babies, life had managed to go on much as it had before, with me in my garden and Billy at his easel. I had harvested 65 perfect fruits, well on the way to my target of 75, and had learnt nearly all of the cooking recipes I needed.

Billy had started painting a portrait of me as an adult.

But then, we were thrown into disarray. The girls demanded every minute of our attention. I had an escape for a few hours each day by going to work, where I received several promotions. Poor Billy was left in a mess of dirty nappies, potty training and teaching the girls to walk and talk. He did a good job, and the girls all adored him.

I helped when I could, teaching Rhiannon to talk and use the potty.

Billy scupted her, but I'm not sure his first attempt was very lifelike.

I must tell him to paint the other two girls at some stage. I'd like to remember them, when Rhiannon and I are here for centuries.

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2011, 05:23:10 PM »
Chapter Five - Billy

This morning, my wife threw this book at me and told me to write about our girls' childhoods. I didn't even know she was keeping anything like this. I'm doing what she said though. I think I always do. (I am, however, pleased with the descriptions of me. She's never soppy like that in person.)

As you will know, we have three girls. Triplets. I almost died when the doctors told me. I wasn't really sure how to cope with one! But here they are as children. Rhiannon first, who loves the outdoors, is friendly and a natural at fishing. She's always going on about creating her perfect aquarium.

Rhoslyn's the middle one, she's a slob and artistic (takes after her dad) and also insane (must be her mothers side).

Then Rhea, the youngest, our little genius. She's also pretty athletic and brave. When a spider gets into the bath, she's the one we call. (Not that I'm afraid of spiders. Really I'm not.)

It's a full house, I tell you. Luckily, Rhiannon's often out practicing her fishing. I'm not sure she knew what to do to begin with, but she came back with a minnow and it's been onwards and upwards ever since.

Rhea loves the telescope we bought her for her birthday and has been discovering stars. I think the Riverview Astrological Society were a little bit confused when she named her first one Samantha. Apparently that's not a 'fitting name' for a star.

Rhoslyn likes to spend time with me in the studio. She's sold a couple of paintings already, even if she does insist in painting in her swimwear.

Eleri's gone from promotion to promotion at work. I'm really proud of her (and no, darling, I'm not just saying that because I know you'll read this). She can cook practically anything now, and her meals are amazing.

I've learnt to help her our in the garden, as it was getting too big for her by herself. Anyone can wield a watering can, even me.

But my first love is still painting and scupting. Here I am scupting Rhiannon.

And Rhoslyn's painting and Rhea's doing her homework. They always do it without being asked.

They're all best friends, the girls, and are always playing together. Rhea's a bit agressive with playing catch sometimes though.

If I was Rhi, I don't think I'd still be standing there.

Eleri's boss died the other day. It was sad, but what surprised me was the way Grim just got his book out and wandered off afterwards. Who knew the Grim liked gardening?

I've got to leave this now, it's nearly time for the girls to become teenagers. Maybe I'll write some more soon. I've quite enjoyed this, in honesty.

loveSims

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2011, 02:29:40 AM »
Great updates! The girls are pretty! Billy is so nice. :)

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2011, 07:22:35 PM »
Chapter Six - Billy Becomes an Elder

The girls are teenagers now. Their childhoods went so fast. Blink, and you'd have missed it. They all grew up into beautiful, unique and talented girls.

Firstly, Rhiannon.

She's inherited her love of the outdoors from me, but enjoys fishing rather than gardening. Much of her spare time is spent down at the river with her fishing rod. She's a sociable girl, always bringing friends home from school and even a couple of boys!

The police brought her home one morning, when she'd gone fishing before school. I personally saw no problem if she wanted to fish at 5am (although I don't think I'd want to join her) and so we ignored the incident.

Rhea's developed a style of her own. I don't think Billy likes it, but she's just being a teenager. Fathers are supposed to be protective, I think.

She's still interested in logic and science and gets paid for finding stars with her telescope. I can see she's going to be the clever one of the girls. And she's also interested in keeping fit, and says she wants to go into the law enforcement career when she's old enough. I think she's be a good policewoman.

She also has a girlfriend, Danette. They make a lovely couple. I think she was a bit scared when she told us. But I'm just glad she's found someone. Even though her and Rhoslyn can't become immortal, I want them to have everything they want in their lives.

And Rhoslyn.

If Rhiannon's practical and Rhea's clever, Rhos is our artist. She can usually be found painting at her easel. She's already an incredibly skilled painter and is saving up her paintings for when she's able to become a professional artist and sell them. She wants to learn scuplting and guitar too.

Even if she does have an obsession with cleaning her teeth.

My husband, Billy, became an elder this week. I got together all of our friends and aquaintances and held him a big party in our house. I love him and was determined he was going to have a good time. And he still looks amazing in his elder years.

We were exhausted afterwards and forgot to tell MaryKay Shallow to leave. We found her playing Billy's guitar in the morning outside the house.

And me? I'm at level nine in my culinary career now. I've nearly supermaxed both gardening and cooking, I've bought the bookstore and I've got all of my six opportunities out the way. In a couple of days it'll be my elder birthday, and I'm well on my way to becoming immortal.

Eleri Afon - 1st Generation:
LTW: Culinary Librarian (1 more recipe needed)
Career: Culinary (level 9/10)
SuperMax Skill: Cooking or Gardening (level ten in each, 1 challenge of each)
Property:
LTR: Super Green Thumb, Fertility Treatment (+1)
Best Friends: Billy Caspian Afon, Rhiannon Afon, MaryKay Shallow (+3)
Opportunities: A Nice Harvest, All New Dishwashing Machine, Learn a Recipe, Harvesting the Best, Perfect Producer, Outstandingly Rare
Portraits: YA, Adult
Ice Scuptures: YA, Adult

Rhiannon Afon - 2nd Generation
Career:
SuperMax Skill: Fishing (5/10)
Building:
Property:
LTR:
Best Friends: Eleri Afon, Jeffery Crossley, Rhea Afon (+3)
Opportunities: Pile of Permission Slips, A Fishy Science Project
Portraits: Toddler, Child, Teen
Ice Scuptures: Toddler, Child

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2011, 08:41:43 PM »
Chapter 7 - Eleri as an Elder

Yesterday it was my Elder birthday. I aged up with just the family there, having only had Billy's birthday a few days before.

But I was not looking like that for another seven generations.

I still feel young inside, so why can't I dress like it? It was time for a shorter haircut too, and some dye.

Afterwards, I posed for my elder portrait and scupture for Billy.

Here's the gallery where we've put all of the pictures and sculptures of me. It's complete now.

And here's Rhiannon's, with her toddler, child and teen pictures and scuptures. Soon it'll be time for a Young Adult set too. It's scary how fast my girls are growing up.

I also achieved my lifetime wish of becoming a Culinery Librarian, when Odin kindly gave me the recipe for Ambrosia. I didn't tell him the other reasons I need it.

Billy and I remain as close as ever. He's eighty now, and I hope he's able to stay around and witness our grandchildren.

Rhiannon has also become interested in a boy. He's a little bit older than her, though, and I think he's got a girlfriend. I'm hoping that she isn't setting herself up for trouble.

All three of the girls are on the honour roll. Rhoslyn's learning to scupt and garden and has kept on with her painting. Rhea is still clever, still sporty and getting better at both. Rhiannon signed herself up as a self-employed angler and is becoming quite popular at school. And Billy's learning guitar to fulfil his lifetime wish of a master of the arts.

And me? I've completed my lifetime wish now, supermaxed cooking, and I should get my last promotion on Friday. So to fill the time I'm making more best friends and saving up for my property. If all goes to plan, I should be immortal in days.

Authors Note: I was hoping to have Eleri supermax gardening to make it easier on myself in future generations, as I'll be able to let them cook without worrying about them accidentally maxing it. Makes for less micromanaging. But the omniplant opportunity is taking ages to turn up, so as she's supermaxed cooking already I'm going to take that as her skill if the omniplant opportunity doesn't arrive by the time she's ready for Ambrosia. Her friend requirements are basically sewn up, she's just got to finish with Rhea, and her property will be bought as soon as she's got her last promotion and there's money to spare to upgrade it. Just waiting on Rhiannon to turn YA to be able to go to the graveyard and get a deathfish without risking curfew, which will hopefully be the same day that Eleri gets the last promotion.

Eleri Afon - 1st Generation:
LTW: Culinary Librarian
Career: Culinary (level 9/10)
SuperMax Skill: Cooking
Property:
LTR: Super Green Thumb, Fertility Treatment (+1)
Best Friends: Billy Caspian Afon, Rhiannon Afon, MaryKay Shallow, Odin, Julie, (+ Rhea)
Portraits: YA, Adult, Elder
Ice Scuptures: YA, Adult, Elder

Rhiannon Afon - 2nd Generation
Career: Angler (3/10)
SuperMax Skill: Fishing (6/10)
Building:
Property:
LTR:
Best Friends: Eleri Afon, Jeffery Crossley (+4)
Opportunities: Pile of Permission Slips, A Fishy Science Project
Portraits: Toddler, Child, Teen
Ice Scuptures: Toddler, Child, Teen

Offline Sutz

• Townie
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2011, 10:26:12 AM »
Your Dynasty is really going well! Here's to the future!

anything