Author Topic: Making the Valley Licious - Super Special Treat for Readers  (Read 44096 times)

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
Re: Making the Valley Licious - Super Special Treat for Readers
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2013, 09:54:41 PM »
The troll hole/isolation cell does seem to be a great asset in keeping sims out of trouble while the rest of the challenge motors along!

And out of curiosity is Fungus Amongus named after the mongrel shaman spell in Gladius?  I saw that name and went... hey.... I know that!
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2013, 11:09:43 PM »
No it's just really fun to say and I've said it since I was a kid. 

Thank you everyone for stopping by.  I'm still so stoked from this dynasty.  As soon as I'm done testing IP and working on my next world guide I might start another speed run.  Maybe using Dobbie.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2013, 08:17:41 PM »
Holy crap Rica... first off, this speed with which you accomplished this is just ridiculous... But I LOVED the family! lol I was dying during the story.    And just so you know, your stories are addictive... I should be working on my own games, but I haven't been able to pull myself away!  Though, with finishing this one, I think that's it... unless you have more stories I don't know about XD

Anyway, back on topic!  Lovely, as always ^^  You are definitely an inspiration!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #78 on: July 08, 2013, 11:52:16 AM »
Thank you!  *blush* I do have more stories but most of them are hidden away completely unfinished.  I seriously need to get back to them.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #79 on: July 08, 2013, 12:10:23 PM »
More stories?!  Where!!? 

Offline CodyAlex

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2013, 01:26:44 PM »
I'm really impressed Rica! 12 days! That's awesome! x

Offline Orange Iguana

• Laziness Leads to Brilliance
  • Occult
« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2013, 10:14:50 PM »
The troll hole?

Oh dear... what have I started in the world of dynasties?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2013, 05:18:49 PM »
*earthquakes and lightning*

>:( >:( >:( "Curse Orange Iguana, for he hath turned the Immortal Dynasties into a Fortress of Doom for all who participate, never to see sun again... may he die a million deaths by the curse us of the Immortal Dynasties once enjoyed freedom..."  >:( >:( >:( (Sorry, it's been a while since I recall that part of a Dragon Quest IX post-game quest. Basically, the dialogue was ripped from a dialogue in a post-game quest where the hero reads the curses on a gravestone towards an evil queen who burned down a magic tree and was exiled.)

Just kidding! ;D I think it's just a matter of opinion. I think your Immortal Jail project was just your frustration, and people grabbed it and ran with it. Not everyone can make a Dreamweaver Dynasty work, you just did what you had to. I've been trying to do an unofficial Dynasty but I keep getting hit by Error 12 and losing tons of progress but once I get a much bigger computer with more memory, I will use some of these ideas you created. Social Networking mitigating the need for actual socialization for the six best friends requirement would work great for the friends requirement of a DecaDynasty.
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline MissWulfy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2013, 11:07:07 AM »
OMG Absolutely awesome! I do love your stories Rica, congrats on the speed run  ;D.
I'm on fire, I'm a fighter. I'll forever be the last one standing.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2013, 12:46:30 PM »
... I think your Immortal Jail project was just your frustration, and people grabbed it and ran with it. Not everyone can make a Dreamweaver Dynasty work, you just did what you had to. ...

The Immortal Jail is a strategy not a sign of frustration. A sign of frustration would be giving up, yet Rica got this into HoF. If you read the first post you will see the reason as to why she used the strategy she did and why there was not a large story: "It will not be a large saga as this game was purely done for fun and speed just to see how fast I could get it done."
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Orange Iguana

• Laziness Leads to Brilliance
  • Occult
« Reply #85 on: August 02, 2013, 11:17:35 PM »
Actually the thought process behind the immortal jail strategy was "What if I just locked them in a room with everything they need to keep them happy and not die?"

anything