Author Topic: Witches from Llŷn - The Afon Immortal Dynasty - COMPLETE  (Read 33028 times)

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
Re: Witches from Llŷn - The Afon Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 19: Rest In Peace
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2011, 02:41:32 PM »
Aww I feel special, I got a shout out!
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Re: Witches from Llŷn - The Afon Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 19: Rest In Peace
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2011, 07:04:57 PM »
Chapter 20 - Nooboos!

Pregnancy. Ouch. Just ouch. It's worth every minute, but it's so sore and painful! Ricky did his best with the bump, talking to it and pulling faces at it.

In retrospect, a chainsaw might not have been a good thing to wield while pregnant. Aunt Rhea kept nuttering about 'health and safety' when she saw.

Mimi, who was pregnant at the same time, chose the safer option of a paintbrush. You can't harm a baby with a paintbrush.

Ricky likes to think his sculptures through before he starts.

Mimi was standing in the middle of the living room when she went into labour. She's always screaming when her clumsiness makes her drop things on the floor, so initially nobody came to find out what the matter was.

Meet Jack. He's Athletic and Excitable, and loves the colour white.

Just as soon as he'd been settled into a crib and Mimi had gone to bed to recover, I went into labour.

Everyone freaked out all over again, even though they'd only been through the last labour a few hours ago.

I gave birth at home too. Welcome baby Megan to the family. She's Athletic and Brave, and likes red.

Nobody told me that nooboos were such hard work! I think if they did you wouldn't want one. With a family of six adults though I didn't end up doing too much myself. Grandma Eleri raised three with only Grandad Billy to help, so she's a pro. Mum's nurturing and naturally good with the little ones, and even Aunt Rhea pitched in. But still, they cry, they eat, they poo, they sleep, then they start all over again.

Mimi and I celebrated our adult birthdays the day after Megan and Jack were born.

And then it was time for the little nooboos to become toddlers. Megan went first, as Jack was having his bottle. I brought her up to the cake.

She's gorgeous. The most gorgeous toddler I've ever seen. Grandma Eleri says everyone says that about their child.

Then Mimi brought Jack up.

He's a close second in the most gorgeous toddler stakes, definitely.

I'm exhausted, so I'm off to bed now. I hope Dad and Aunt Rhoslyn are proud of us and the nooboos.

Eleri Afon - 1st Generation: IMMORTAL

Rhiannon Afon - 2nd Generation - IMMORTAL

Anwen Afon - 3rd Generation

LTW: Fashion Phenonomen
Career: Stylist (6/10)
SuperMax Skill: Sculpting (maxed, +3 challenge)
Building: Little Corsican Bistro
Property: Octogon Art Gallery and Museum
Lifetime Rewards: Extra Creative, Artisan Crafter
Best Friends: Amelia Afon, Ricky Afon
Opportunities: Scavenger Hunt: Rare Elements, Work/School Learning Project, Art-A-Thon, Help the School, Scupt a Suspect, Sims on Ice
Paintings: Toddler, Child, Teen, YA
Ice Scuptures: Toddler, Child, Teen, YA

Megan Afon - 4th Generation
SuperMax Skill: Athletic

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
Re: Witches from Llŷn - The Afon Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 20: Nooboos!
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2011, 06:06:36 AM »
Nice work and thanks for the fashion disaster!

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
Re: Witches from Llŷn - The Afon Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 20: Nooboos!
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2011, 05:06:31 PM »
Oooh, so cute! I bet they'll be best friends.  ;)

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Re: Witches from Llŷn - The Afon Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 21: Life Goes On
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2012, 01:51:55 PM »
Chapter 21: Life Goes On

Megan and Jack are spoilt. Absolutely spoilt. They never want for anything, because as soon as they cry half the family are running towards them. Mum especially. She's done a lot of the child-rearing while Ricky and I develop our skills and careers. She says it helps with the pain of losing her husband and her sister. "Life goes on" seems to have become her catchphrase.

She's been spending time with Grandad Billy's ghost, too. I guess you're never too old to be frightened by your Dad's ghost stories.

Jack loves his doll. We told him that his Mummy used to be a doll like that and he doesn't believe us. Yet he believes in the tooth fairy and Father Christmas, which probably are less far-fetched to the mind of a three-year-old. I mean, I didn't believe Aunt Rhea that Mimi could become real until it actually happened.

Megan prefers the old doll's house which belonged to Mum, Rhea and Rhos. Sometimes her and Jack play with it together and it's the cutest thing any of us have ever seen.

I have to stress that this only ever happens when they can avoid being scooped up and tickled by someone for long enough to actually play.

You'd be forgiven for believing that all we ever do here is play with the children. I'm still plugging my way through my stylist career. The things people do when they like their makeovers are weird. This is JC Naylor posing.

Mimi's always writing novels. She's quite shy about her success with them, but the library and bookstore can't get hold of them fast enough.

Ricky carved a chair out of ice, which he thought it would be a good idea to sit on. And then he came and complained to me!

Okay, maybe my life is consumed with children if that's all I can think of that doesn't involve them. Sometimes I think the toddler stage is easier - they can now ask for what they want instead of us having to guess, and they can amuse themselves happily for hours. On the other hand, they can now cause more trouble in more places.

And since thier birthdays were last night, we'll see how much more they can cause as children!

We threw them a small party in the back garden, just close friends and family. The first thing to happen was Danette Madrigal's death. Her and Aunt Rhea had been together since secondary school.

She begged for more time, but the Grim stood firm.

And, to our surprise, he stayed to cheer on Megan as she blew out her candles.

And then it was Jack's turn. He arrived in style, as you should to your birthday party.

Mimi helped him blow out his candles.

And then they both ran off to look for new clothes in preparation for school tomorrow. Both of them love practical clothes, Megan in red and Jack in white and green.

How did they get so big?!?

Apologies for the length of time this update has taken. I spent Christmas and New Year in London and have got back to my home and my simming computer today. Off to go and play some more now, I've missed the Afons!

Career: Stylist (7/10)
SuperMax Skill: Sculpting (maxed, +1 challenge)
Lifetime Rewards: Extra Creative, Artisan Crafter
Opportunities: Scavenger Hunt: Rare Elements, Work/School Learning Project, Art-A-Thon, Help the School, Scupt a Suspect, Sims on Ice
Ice Sculptures: Toddler, Child, Teen, YA

Paintings: Toddler
Ice Sculptures: Toddler

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Re: Witches from Llŷn - The Afon Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 22
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2012, 06:40:50 PM »
Chapter 22: A Lack of Childhood Photos

I apologise for the lack of photos here. With two children around the house it's difficult to get a moment to yourself, and all my time recently has gone on sculpting and my work as a stylist. It's a bad idea to get distracted by a pair of kids while using a blowtorch. Your bum may catch fire.

Ricky got a part time job at the spa to escape it all.

They're incredibly athletic and enthusiastic children. Their favourite thing is the trampoline - you can't get them off it.

They even persuaded their grandma to have a go. I'm not sure how well that went. She came in shortly afterwards using language I've never heard from a woman of her age before. I managed to keep a straight face until she left the room, but only just.

We're not sure whether to let Jack have a car after seeing the way he drives the sofa. Apparently he's being chased by a truck of police dinosaurs because he knocked down a house. He's very excitable.

And then it was time for their teen birthday. I told you I hadn't taken many pictures!

We celebrated at home, just the family. After Danette dying at their child birthday party I don't think any of us were ready for another party, and it's Mimi and I's elder birthdays in a few days anyway. Everyone gathered around the table and cheered them on. Grandma Eleri...

...Mimi...

...Aunt Rhea and Jack.

Megan went first. How has it happened so fast? I'm spending all of eternity with her, though, so I'm not exactly frightened by the idea of her aging.

When she got rid of the haircut, you can see how beautiful she is. Ricky says that if any boys start to go after her, they've got him to deal with. I decided not to point out how much stronger a teenage boy would be than him, for the sake of marital harmony.

She chose a new wardrobe too, favouring simple, sporty clothes and her favourite colour red.

Jack's turn was next. Mimi was more sad than me to see her child become a teenager. She hasn't got an immortal life to spend with her son. She's an elder next week same as me.

I think we may be in for a grumpy few years.

He kept his curly mop of hair, much to Mum's disapproval. I think he's going to have to bat girls away.

And that's all. The teen years are about to begin. Wish me luck.

Megan's traits are: Athletic, Brave, Lucky, Friendly.
Jack's are: Athletic, Brave, Excitable, Artistic.

I think Jack will be joining the firefighting career and taking up art as a pasttime. Megan I'm not sure whether to have do Law Enforcement (forensics, as logic is a future supermax skill for another immortal) or Professional Sports. Or maybe Criminal. I really haven't made my mind up yet.

Anwen is nine days off elder and is halfway through level nine of the Stylist career, which will fulfil both her career requirement and her LTW. She's done her BlackOps, got her LTR, sorted out her property and building and got all her sculptures and paintings except elder. One more metal sculpture and she's supermaxed sculpting and she's got lots of friends that are prospective best friend material. She's going to be the easiest immortal so far, I think. Just hoping Ricky sticks around long enough to do her elder sculpture. He's only 85, but Rhos died at 89 so there's precedent for early death in this file. Rhea, however, is 109 and still going. I'm glad, because she's my favourite of the triplets and I kind of wish she'd been the immortal.

Career: Stylist (9/10)
SuperMax Skill: Sculpting (maxed, +1 challenge)
Lifetime Rewards: Extra Creative, Artisan Crafter, Moodlet Manager
Paintings: Toddler, Child, Teen, YA, Adult
Ice Sculptures: Toddler, Child, Teen, YA, Adult

Paintings: Toddler, Child
Ice Sculptures: Toddler, Child

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Chapter 23 - Three Immortals, and Three Other Events

All of the events I am about to relay to you here took place in three days. Today, everyone is mostly sat around looking dazed and confused.

I left this last time with Megan and Jack's teen birthdays. So far, we've had little of the teenage drama that Mum tells me I had. Then again, it's early days. They come home and do their homework. Jack's taken up art as a hobby, and Megan likes to use Aunt Rhea's exercise equipment.

However, we've had a completely different kind of drama. First, Grandma Eleri thought she saw them cuddling on the sofa. Apparently they sprang apart so quickly it was hard to tell.

Then, this happens.

Jack asked Megan to go to the prom with him afterwards. I think they make an adorable couple. Ricky's says he's glad it's not one of the "local oiks" that's kissing his daughter. His words, not mine.

Prom was yesterday. But before we get to that part of the story, there's more!

I reached the top level of my career, Fashion Phenonomen, and completed my Lifetime Wish at the same time. For posterity, here's a snap of the makeover that got me there.

I supermaxed sculpting that same evening with my last metal sculpture. And, now that the kids are teens, I was able to keep my concentration and not set myself on fire.

Ricky does what he likes, which involved a lot of painting in his pyjamas.

Mum goes fishing down at the hatchery, or sometimes by the cemetary to stock up on deathfish.

Aunt Rhea goes to work (still, at 114!) and loves donating money to charity. We've got about 500,000 in the bank plus a 12-bedroom house, it's not like we need it.

And Grandma Eleri has discovered computer games.

I have no pictures of Mimi as when I was tracking people down for these shots she was out collecting our investment money. She divides her time between writing, painting and the trampoline. There's barely a moment of the day when nobody's on that trampoline.

And so we move to Sunday. Time for Mimi and I to have elder birthdays. We threw a party for our closest friends, and I blew out the candles first.

Eww. Just, no. I am not spending eternity looking like that!

I ran off to sort out my hair and clothing choices (they'll sack me at the salon if they find out I looked like this!) while the guests danced. Mimi has requested I leave the snaps of her aging up out of this, so I will. I still remember how angry I was when Mum tried to put those terrible pictures of me aging to teen in here. I think I burnt them. Probably an overreaction, but still.

Jack and Megan then left to go to prom. Here they are arriving at the school with some of their friends.

Apparently, they both had a brilliant night. They were named prom King and Queen, they danced together all night, and they came home looking happier than I've ever seen them look.

Meanwhile, I was at City Hall being presented with a Key to Riverview by the Mayor for services to fashion.

I'd posed for my photograph and ice sculpture before I left, and so when I came back I thought all that I had to do this evening was eat my ambrosia. But fate had slightly different ideas. I walked into the studio to chat to Ricky while I waited, and he wasn't there. Or, he wasn't alive there. His ghost hung in mid air, patiently waiting for the Grim Reaper to arrive. All I could do was cry as Grim took my husband away.

I'd be lying if I said I hadn't had a few doubts about eating the Ambrosia after seeing my husband die. But I had to for my family, because betraying Grandma Eleri and Mum's trust was worse than not seeing my husband again. It's not a choice I'd want anyone to have to make. And yet I've wished it on my descentants too.

I had serious doubts as I walked towards the table where my mother and grandmother were waiting, and until I'd actually reached it and sat down I knew there was no guarantee I'd make it. All the time I wanted to run off and leave. Maybe it was the expectant, proud looks on both of their faces that kept me walking towards the table. Maybe it was that I didn't want Ricky to have spent his life sculpting in vain. Maybe it was that I finally knew what Mum and Grandma Eleri had gone through losing Dad and Grandad Billy, and I didn't want their lifetimes of loss to be for nothing. Whatever it was, I sat down at the table, took a deep breath, and ate my first bite of ambrosia.

I felt light and fluffy for a second, and then nothing. I feel no different. But I am immortal.

I'm lucky Anwen had seven best friends. Ricky literally died just as Eleri was preparing the last dish of Ambrosia. I've now got eight days until Megan ages up to Young Adult. Ricky's death does mean that Megan and Jack can have a child straight away, but I'm very sad to see him go.

Anwen Afon - 3rd Generation - IMMORTAL

Career: Stylist
SuperMax Skill: Sculpting
Lifetime Rewards: Extra Creative, Artisan Crafter, Moodlet Manager
Best Friends: Amelia Afon, Ricky Afon, Nestor Bermudez, Gloria Bermudez, Latisha Casper, JC Naylor
Paintings: Toddler, Child, Teen, YA, Adult, Elder
Ice Sculptures: Toddler, Child, Teen, YA, Adult, Elder

LTW:
Career:
SuperMax Skill: Athletics
Building:
Property:
Lifetime Rewards:
Best Friends: Jack Afon
Opportunities:
Ice Sculptures: Toddler, Child

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
Congrats on your 3rd immortal! R.I.P Ricky though.  :'( Jack and Megan make a cute couple. :)

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Chapter 24: Megan's Wedding

Why hello there. My name's Megan, and I'll be guiding you through the next part of this family's story. The emergency exits are located here, here and over there behind the excessive quantity of sculptures in the basement. Please keep your arms and lefs inside the carriage at all times. The Afon family accepts no responsibility for injuries you gain while reading this story.

More sensibly (before Grandma Eleri kills me), welcome to my part of the story. We're a pretty odd family. The firstborn girl of each generation is able to become immortal if they complete eight tasks, and we're doing this to ourselves to try and get Grandma Eleri home. She used to be the queen of a clan of witches in Wales (wherever Wales is. I asked in Geography in school last week, and they told me not to be so stupid.) and after her sister stabbed her in the back she ended up here. Her, my Grandma Rhiannon, and Mum have all fulfilled all the tasks and become immortal. So yeah, not normal. But it makes life more interesting.

I was still a teen when Mum passed the book over to me. I spent most of my time back then working out, because I'd chosen to do athletic as my unique skill. I thought I should do something I enjoyed, right? The rest of my time was spent at school (snore) and hanging out with my boyfriend, Jack. He's grown up in this house too, being Mum's best friend's kid. I always thought I'd never fancy him, but I suppose I do now.

We share a birthday, and so we became Young Adults on the same day. I blew out my candles first.

I think I've aged rather well. I told Mum exercise was good for you.

Then it was Jack's turn.

He got himself a more grown up hairstyle, which is probably a good thing if he wants to join the military.

Time for a fashion show.

We both went online to look for jobs. I got a job as a Rabid Fan at the stadium, in the hope that a scout will notice me and I'll be able to play for the team. Jack joined the military, like he'd wanted to do for ages.

And then he suggested we went up to Lost Willow Park for a bit of a day out. I actually did not suspect a thing. Even when I said I'd go invite Mum and the Grandmas and Amelia and everyone, and he said no very very quickly, I didn't suspect. So we drove up to the park together.

Yes, this is just a bonus shot of Jack. He's hot, alright.

I was so oblivious, I didn't realise what he was going to do until he was down on one knee with a ring out.

I said yes. Of course I said yes!

We got married then and there. Cue sappy faces from both of us.

And a kiss to seal the deal.

Then we ran home and had a little honeymoon in my bed.

And then, we had to go downstairs and explain what all the squealing and running around had been to our mothers. From the looks on their faces, they weren't expecting us to have got married quite so soon. Luckily Grandma Eleri calmed them down.

LTW: Level Nine of Sports Career (I forget what it's called)
Career: Professional Sports
SuperMax Skill: Athletics (9/10)
Building: Llama Memorial Staduim
Property: Riverview Gymnasium
Lifetime Rewards: Food Replicator
Best Friends: Jack Afon, Brandie Pressley
Opportunities: Don't Sweat
Paintings: Toddler, Child, Teen
Ice Sculptures: Toddler, Child, Teen

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Chapter 25: And We Have A Nooboo

There was no time for a real honeymoon. The next morning, it was graduation.

I don't have any pictures. Apparently Amelia (what do I call her now she's my mother in law?) is useless with a camera. Anyway, Jack graduated as Valedictorian and got Most Artistic, and I got Most Likely to Save the World. Not got much to live up to, then.

But... there's more important news from that day. I'm pregnant! I apologise for the whiff in this picture. I'd just finished a pretty intense workout. She's a girl. I know she is.

And then, yet more excitement, we got burgled. Here's the fight in the basement, and the arrest. I'm glad he didn't manage to swipe any of the paintings or sculptures down there. Grandma Eleri says she'd die on the spot if any of them went, and by the look in her eyes I don't think she was exaggerating.

Jack adored the idea of being a parent and spent lots of time talking to my belly. He says he's talking to our daughter. I don't think she can hear him. For one thing, there's so much fat between her and the outside world...

Although sometimes he looked more scared than excited.

I told Mum. She wanted to spend ages feeling my belly too. She also warned me to only have one. It was only afterwards I remembered the whole "only the firstborn can live forever" thing. I forget sometimes. Or maybe I don't want to remember.

I had serious watermelon cravings during my pregnancy. And the wish to eat absolutely everything in the park. Hormones are weird, weird things.

In fact, I was outside the grocery store stocking up when I went into labour.

The people around me were no help, so I had to drive myself to hospital. The doctors were astonished. So was I. I thought my belly was too huge to get behind the wheel.

It was all drama in the Afon household, because during my labour Rhea died. I have to get this in here now, otherwise I'll never write about it. She passed away as she was leaving work. I think that's the way she'd have wanted to go. She was 126 when she died, had maxed six skills (athletic, logic, writing, cooking, gardening and painting) and was lauded as the best special agent Riverview has ever seen. RIP Rhea.

Back to the happy. I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. Meet Gwenlyn, who is a genius and insane.

Her infant years passed quickly. There was usually a queue of people waiting to look after her, which is apparently exactly the same as when Jack and I were toddlers. Well. We're just all so adorable.

Look. Adorable.

Gave me time to complete the first skill challenge of my athletic skill, and max the skill at the same time. Win.

And then time for her toddler birthday. Grandma Rhiannon brought her to the cake.

She ages up into a beautiful toddler, with unusual hair.

We got rid of the olive green tips by giving her a quick trim (it looked mouldy, eww), but stuck with the pink/black hair. She suits it. She then got a full complement of outfits in her favourite colour, green. It's useful having a stylist in the family. We'll never have to pay for fashion advice at least!

Her first act as a toddler was to wander off and play with her pegbox. Makes me wonder if she's going to be a loner in future life.

I started teaching her to walk later on in the day, while Mum painted her portrait. Is this what a normal family is like? Of course, the illusion was shattered when you realise that Gwenlyn's Grandma, Great-Grandma and Great-Great Grandma are all on the swings.

Oh, and Great-Great-Grandma has bought herself a miner, which she is using at midnight and keeping up everyone between here and Sunset Valley. She's lived here for nearly 200 years, and it was only when she bought that thing that people started disliking her.

Yeah. You don't need to wonder why Gwenlyn was born insane, round here.

That hair has got to be the weirdest hair I've ever seen naturally. I assume she inherited the pink and black hair from Amelia, although it skipped a generation. The olive green tips, though, I have no idea. I usually keep the natural hair colour they get, but that green had to go.]

I'm also amazed at how far I've got here. Fingers crossed it keeps going so well! Thanks to everyone who's reading.

LTW: Level Nine of Sports Career (I forget what it's called)
Career: Professional Sports
SuperMax Skill: Athletics (10/10, 1 challenge completed)
Building: Llama Memorial Stadium
Property: Riverview Gymnasium (currently level 2)
Lifetime Rewards: Food Replicator
Best Friends: Jack Afon, Brandie Pressley
Opportunities: Don't Sweat
Ice Sculptures: Toddler, Child, Teen

Gwenlyn Afon - 5th Generation
LTW:
Career:
SuperMax Skill: Logic
Building:
Property:
Lifetime Rewards:
Best Friends:
Opportunities:
Ice Sculptures:

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
Aww, she's so cute! Interesting hair, I'm glad the green met an early end. :P

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Re: Witches from Llŷn - The Afon Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 26
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2012, 02:24:30 PM »
Chapter 26 - Cute Pictures of Gwenlyn

I'm going to be honest. This chapter in the little story of our lives is going to mostly contain pictures of my daughter. I'm justifying that by the fact that she's the only person doing anything different to usual.

Grandma Eleri is carrying on with her routine of gardening, cooking everyone all their meals, and going to work. Why change what's worked for nearly 200 years. She's still going with her miner, too, and has managed to drill into a cave network under the house (who knew Riverview had an underground cave system!) and has been going exploring. So far on her travels she's found an oven and a sofa. I don't know how she got them back out.

Grandma Rhiannon is mostly fishing. We have no photos of this, because there's millions of those in this book already.

Mum continues scuplting, painting and styling. Again, no photos.

Jack has been promoted to Flight Commander already, which is level five of his career. He spends a lot of time working out and brushing up on his handiness to keep at the top of his game. He also has been training Grandad Billy's ghost.

His Mum, Amelia, used to paint and write mostly. Sadly she died the day before Gwenlyn's child birthday. There's been so much death in our family recently. The Grim seems to have been round more often than our best friends. But I'll figure out a way to stop him. There's going to be no more death in this house. RIP Amelia, artist, writer, mum, grandma and friend.

I've finally got off maternity and started my job at the stadium. I'm currently a Toddler Sports Coach. It's fun, but I'd rather be playing the game myself. In my spare time I'm working out or with Jack or Gwen.

Which leads us onto Gwen. Here are a selection of photos from her toddler years.

Today she had her child birthday. We had a quick celebration, just family. Nobody really feels like partying considering the amount of deaths we've had recently. We all wish, I think, that Aunt Rhea and Amelia were here to see her grow up.

I brought her up to the cake, and we blew out the candles together.

Sparkles...

...and she's a child. Once more Mum was to the rescue with hair and fashion advice.

I think it was all lost on Gwen though, as she ran off to Aunt Rhea's chemistry table and started making potions.

LTW: Sports Legend
Career: Professional Sports (3/10)
SuperMax Skill: Athletics (10/10, 2 challenges completed)
Lifetime Rewards: Food Replicator, Long-Distance Friend
Best Friends: Jack Afon, Brandie Pressley, Gwenlyn Afon
Opportunities: Don't Sweat, When to Riot, The Complete Circuit

LTW:
Career:
SuperMax Skill: Logic (5/10)
Building:
Property:
Lifetime Rewards:
Best Friends: Megan Afon
Opportunities:
Ice Sculptures: Toddler

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2012, 03:08:03 PM »
Wow, I usually can't stand that hairstyle but Gwenlyn rocks it!

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2012, 05:40:48 PM »
I usually hate that hairstyle too, but as soon as I got her to the mirror to change it I realised it suited her really well. I've never seen it suit a sim before!

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Re: Witches from Llŷn - The Afon Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 27: Meet Ollie
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2012, 08:37:57 PM »
Chapter 27 - Meet Ollie

My daughter is unusual. Her two favourite things to do are talking to thin air (which is named Ollie) and blowing herself up with a chemistry kit. I mean, I know she wants to learn logic, but can't she play chess or something?!?

We hoped that these more unusual habits would disappear when she became a teen.

And then promptly turned around and started to celebrate thin air's (Ollie's) birthday.

We got her to the mirror and dresser eventually. Apparently the gloves and stripy socks are non-negotiable.

Mum was the only person that believed Gwen when she talked about Ollie. But soon we all did, with the possible exception of Grandma Rhiannon. You see, Ollie arrived in our living room in a column of light. I'd just got back to work and was on my way to greet Jack. Grandma Eleri and Mum were both in at the dining table, with Mum eating a late dinner and Grandma Eleri reading. One of our more normal evenings.

And then there's the aforementioned column of light and a teenage boy with green hair and a pastel suit appears next to Gwenlyn, looking almost as shocked as the rest of us.

Gwenlyn and Mum were able to explain the unlikely story. Ollie was originally the doll that Gwenlyn had been given as a child, and a potion could be made to make him real. Mum knew this because her doll had turned into Amelia. Gwen knew this because she's a bit mad. And Grandma Rhiannon still refuses to believe, so we've decided not to mention it near her. Ollie is to be the orphaned child of Latisha Casper, if she asks.

Mum gave him a bit of a makeover too using his favourite colour of pink. He scrubs up nicely.

He is, however, evil.

And the rest of us? Grandmas Eleri and Rhiannon carry on with cooking/gardening and fishing respectively, plus healthy amounts of Gnubb, foosball and mining. Mum has just supermaxed painting. I'm at level five of my career and am ten hours off supermaxing athletic. Jack has taken up writing, painting, sculpting, handiness and athletics and is at level seven of the military. And it's our adult birthday tomorrow.

LTW: Sports Legend
Career: Professional Sports (5/10)
SuperMax Skill: Athletics (10/10, 2 challenges completed)
Lifetime Rewards: Food Replicator, Long-Distance Friend
Best Friends: Jack Afon, Brandie Pressley, Gwenlyn Afon
Opportunities: Don't Sweat, When to Riot, The Complete Circuit, Always the Difficult Ones, Bounce the Crowd, Kicking the Cramps

LTW:
Career:
SuperMax Skill: Logic (8/10)
Building:
Property:
Lifetime Rewards:
Best Friends: Megan Afon, Ollie Afon
Opportunities: