Author Topic: The Ultimate Magic Gnome Thread  (Read 207004 times)

Offline aws_137

• Townie
The Ultimate Magic Gnome Thread
« on: March 15, 2010, 06:48:39 AM »
You know those mysterious gnomes you find in the game which can teleport and make strong pose. How many types are there anyway?

I know the common Mysterious Gnome found in the mail and said to be actually gnomes not gems.

Then there's Sultan Sam and some other Pirate gnome(I forgot the name. Lost him from a bad experiment)

So I've only discovered 3 sorts of magical gnomes. Am I missing any?

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
Re: Magic/Mysterious Gnomes: How Many
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 08:33:17 AM »
I think there are 4 gnomes: the "ordinary" mysterious gnome and then one from every travel destination.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheCub

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 10:51:35 AM »
Each travel destination has a different gnome: Sultan Sam in Egypt, Little Leon in France and Master Manchu in China. When I sent gems to be cut at the base camp in France, I got a Little Leon gnome back the next day. I assume you would get the other two the same way, and maybe also by exploring the catacombs at each country's graveyard.

You can see all three of the gnomes at the art museum in France. There's a room upstairs that has them all on display when you first get there, but the next day they could be anywhere in the museum. I don't know if they all have unique poses, but I have seen Master Manchu levitating in a meditation pose.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 12:20:42 PM »
My Sim was at the market in China and saw a gnome on a table.  I clicked on the gnome and had the option to collect, so I grabbed him!  I had no idea you could just take them from anywhere.  That's the only time it's happened, though.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline jmz95

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 12:25:51 PM »
My Sim was at the market in China and saw a gnome on a table.  I clicked on the gnome and had the option to collect, so I grabbed him!  I had no idea you could just take them from anywhere.  That's the only time it's happened, though.
Do you remember where exactly your sim found the gnome? I wonder if it was a one-time thing or if that gnome is always there?! :o
"Yes, I try to pick up strange babies, but only in the game.  Don't judge me." - Pam
Too late, Pam. Too late.

Icicle

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 12:27:17 PM »
Oh wow. I never knew that there were foreign gnomes in all three countries. I guess that I'll have to check it out one of these days.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 02:29:00 PM »
You can get them in Buydebug catalog! There are four, they are in one of the catagories with all the cameras and stuff.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 02:41:19 PM »
Do you remember where exactly your sim found the gnome? I wonder if it was a one-time thing or if that gnome is always there?! :o

It was in China, at the cafe in the marketplace.  There's a table right outside the door for eating.  It was just sitting there.  I've never seen it in that spot since then.  I don't think it was a bug or anything, just a random appearance.  They probably turn up in all kinds of places that we just don't notice or don't realize we can click and collect them.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline aws_137

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 03:49:54 PM »
Each travel destination has a different gnome: Sultan Sam in Egypt, Little Leon in France and Master Manchu in China. When I sent gems to be cut at the base camp in France, I got a Little Leon gnome back the next day. I assume you would get the other two the same way, and maybe also by exploring the catacombs at each country's graveyard.

You can see all three of the gnomes at the art museum in France. There's a room upstairs that has them all on display when you first get there, but the next day they could be anywhere in the museum. I don't know if they all have unique poses, but I have seen Master Manchu levitating in a meditation pose.

Ah the pirate guy was Little Leon, a pun for napoleon. Not really a pirate though. Cool, I got to check the museum then. Thanks for the info, cub. I've never touched or seen Master Manchu before.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2010, 02:10:22 PM »
There's going to be at least one other new one introduced in ambitions. Here he is.

You apparently get him if you go back in time. He doesn't have a name yet, but he's a caveman.
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2010, 02:12:20 PM »
Sorry I posted that image twice. There were two ways to post an image, and I used both.
Formerly Simstar3

Leto85

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010, 04:47:59 PM »
You apparently get him if you go back in time. He doesn't have a name yet, but he's a caveman.

Wow, that's just cool. How did you know this?

[Edited to remove duplication of image.  -Pam]

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2010, 05:39:34 PM »
The sims wiki. In ambitions, If you're an inventor, you can build a time machine and go back in time. I guess that's from the past or something.  :-\
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2010, 06:30:30 PM »
Not sure what this little guy is doing, adjusting his hat, taking it off or what, lol.  So far, just with this one, I have found him in four different poses.

Yes, there are four so far, silly little things.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Leto85

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2010, 10:06:03 PM »
The sims wiki. In ambitions, If you're an inventor, you can build a time machine and go back in time. I guess that's from the past or something.  :-\

Ah yes, the time machine. That thing alone was enough for me to already buy the expansion. Not to mention all the other great stuff it has to offer. I'm so looking forward to creating my first paradox! Hope it will not crash my game! :P

To get back to the gnomes:  I've read somewhere those little men are going to be dangerous when put together in the next expansion.  Haha, I'd rather sendi them back with that time machine instead of getting them here then. :P

[Edited for vocabulary and spelling.  I also removed a small piece that I couldn't make out.  Sorry!  -Pam]