Author Topic: The Ultimate Magic Gnome Thread  (Read 127886 times)

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: How to get all the Magic Gnomes?
« Reply #400 on: January 10, 2013, 02:38:58 AM »
Kay, updated the list a bit - still wanting to confirm how to get the s-GNOME-man, and Cranstan Boonitz (Magician Gnome). Would Cranstan be similar to the singer in that you need an epic performance from a magician?

When my magician got to the point of being able to perform 'appearing objects' he would sometimes summon one and then put it in inventory. He'd summon genie lamps too but he never kept those  ::)

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #401 on: January 12, 2013, 03:33:34 PM »
I've got the laundry gnome from using the washing machine that came with Town Life ( at the Town Life laundromat ). So it doesn't have to be the one from Ambitions.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Noocherenee

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #402 on: February 11, 2013, 09:16:26 PM »
Where do you get the claw machine?  I've never seen it.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shady eyes* Not me.
« Reply #403 on: February 11, 2013, 09:24:10 PM »
It came with Supernatural.  It's in buy mode or down on the beach in Moonlight Falls.
Origin ID: Ricalynn
Current Active Stories: Artie's TS4 Dynasty || Grim Rivalries

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious

Offline bijou243

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #404 on: February 12, 2013, 09:46:17 AM »
Twice I had a teen Sim get an Evil Gnome while trick-or-treating.  And I had some Sims get the Bucktooth Butternut (spring gnome) in the mail as a prize for being the Spring Dance King/Queen.

Offline lisanmyers

• Lost Girl
  • Llama Wrangler
What's up with gnomes?
« Reply #405 on: February 20, 2013, 07:12:57 PM »
I just have some questions on things I've heard. I want to know what's up the Mysterious Gnome and how does it come about to end up with a Sims. Also whats this about gnomes having babies and dying? Also whats a WA gnome? I've seen this in some comments on other subjects about gnomes. Just wondering.  :)

Offline folcon

• Immortal
Re: What's up with gnomes?
« Reply #406 on: February 20, 2013, 07:44:22 PM »
The base game, and every expansion pack, all come with at least one new Gnome.  They mostly just do funny, comical stuff and wander around the house.  Though they can sometimes cause trouble.  As for how you get one, for the basic gnome, I believe you can find them while fishing, and when you send metals or gems to be smelted or cut, you sometimes get a gnome instead.  You can also find them while digging through other sims' trash.  When the Generations expansion came out, it allowed for Gnomes to basicly have kids and grow old and die.  A WA gnome is a gnome from one of the World Adventure travel destinations.  Each of the three countries has a unique gnome.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #407 on: February 20, 2013, 09:13:09 PM »
I was wondering, does anyone know how to get the Cat Gnome or any of the pet Gnomes?

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #408 on: February 20, 2013, 09:15:23 PM »
I was wondering, does anyone know how to get the Cat Gnome or any of the pet Gnomes?

The cat gnome is from a cat "Freaking Out" at the fridge, and the dog one is from "Barking" at the fridge. The horse one is from the salt lick. It takes a while to get all of them, since there's a very small chance.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #409 on: February 20, 2013, 09:21:28 PM »
Is there any way to increase the chances of my cats freaking out at the fridge?

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #410 on: February 20, 2013, 09:23:59 PM »
The cat gnome is from a cat "Freaking Out" at the fridge, and the dog one is from "Barking" at the fridge. The horse one is from the salt lick. It takes a while to get all of them, since there's a very small chance.

Actually, the dog one is from having lots of dog friends, the cat one is from having the cat's catnip whacked out moodlet, and the freezer bunny one is from cats freaking out at the fridge/dogs barking at it.....I read the gnome sims 3 wiki page lol

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #411 on: February 20, 2013, 09:25:41 PM »
That's weird, I've had the 'Whacked Out' moodlet from the catnip toys before but the Gnome hasn't show up yet, guess I'll have to coax my kitties to play with the catnip toys more often then!  :)

Offline ladyaya

• Watcher
« Reply #412 on: February 20, 2013, 09:35:59 PM »
That's weird, I've had the 'Whacked Out' moodlet from the catnip toys before but the Gnome hasn't show up yet, guess I'll have to coax my kitties to play with the catnip toys more often then!  :)

"There is a 0.7% chance the gnome will spawn every time a cat receives the "Whacked Out" moodlet"

Straight off the wiki. ^^

Offline cathyknits

• Watcher
« Reply #413 on: February 20, 2013, 09:46:18 PM »
Whatever they tell you is  the chance of a horse gnome from the horse licking the salt lick - I think they have the decimal in the wrong place. If you have a horse and a salt lick on the same lot, you will find yourself up to the eyeballs in horse gnomes.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline lisanmyers

• Lost Girl
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #414 on: February 20, 2013, 10:05:22 PM »
So I found I have the Easter Bunny themed gnome. and I have Generations, so does that mean that said gnome will have baby gnomes and grow old and die? Baby gnomes sound like they would be very cute.

Offline cathyknits

• Watcher
« Reply #415 on: February 20, 2013, 10:08:25 PM »
No, it's just the Magical Mr. Gnomes that result in baby gnomes. The other gnomes don't age or reproduce.

Offline lisanmyers

• Lost Girl
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #416 on: February 20, 2013, 10:18:26 PM »
How would you acquire the Magical Mr. Gnomes?

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #417 on: February 20, 2013, 10:22:44 PM »
Whoops, mixed up Freezer Bunny and cat/dog! Totally meant to do that . . .

I've gotten Mysterious Mr. Gnome from fishing or drilling with the miner.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline cathyknits

• Watcher
« Reply #418 on: February 20, 2013, 10:50:03 PM »
And sometimes when you send a metal to the smelter or a gem to the cutter, you'll get back a gnome instead.

Offline lisanmyers

• Lost Girl
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #419 on: February 21, 2013, 12:22:57 AM »
Do all the gnomes move around randomly?

Offline ladyaya

• Watcher
« Reply #420 on: February 21, 2013, 02:03:45 AM »
Do all the gnomes move around randomly?

Yep - there's no stopping them unless you keep them in a chest or inventory or sell 'em.

Whatever they tell you is  the chance of a horse gnome from the horse licking the salt lick - I think they have the decimal in the wrong place. If you have a horse and a salt lick on the same lot, you will find yourself up to the eyeballs in horse gnomes.

I think I also remember reading something somewhere that the zenyatta spawn new ones.

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #421 on: February 21, 2013, 02:07:24 AM »
Yeah, all the gnomes will magically teleport around your lot and change poses every so often, and depending on the type of gnome they are, they might perform various activities, some more helpful (or not) than others.  If you get bored/annoyed by them, they're worth 1000K a pop. Besides fishing, smelting and (if you have Ambitions) mining, you can also get them from the the graveyard. If you do have Ambitions, you can get them from the Consignment Store as well as one of the cases in the Private Investigator profession - I forget the name of the case, but it's the one where you're trying to figure out who kicked another sim's gnome. With World Adventures you can also use transfiguration if the items you use add up to between certain set amounts. If you don't have Ambitions or WA, fishing and the graveyard is probably your best bet for the Mr. Mysterious variety of gnome.

Here's the link to the page on the sims wiki.

Offline lisanmyers

• Lost Girl
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #422 on: February 21, 2013, 01:24:35 PM »
Do you need two Mysterious Gnomes to have babies? Or does one due.

ingrid hill

« Reply #423 on: March 01, 2013, 02:04:21 AM »
Yep - there's no stopping them unless you keep them in a chest or inventory or sell 'em.

I think I also remember reading something somewhere that the zenyatta spawn new ones.

How do i get rid of them. I cant seem to move them to inventory to sell?

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #424 on: March 01, 2013, 02:21:55 AM »
1000K a pop.

$1,000,000!? :P

But seriously, it's a 5% chance that the salt lick will spawn a gnome, and the horse must be licking it for 80 minutes, every twenty minutes, the chance increases by 2%.