Author Topic: The Ultimate Magic Gnome Thread  (Read 207279 times)

Offline lprkaun

• Llama Wrangler
Re: How to get all the Magic Gnomes?
« Reply #390 on: January 09, 2013, 10:45:19 AM »
I think I've also found the Mysterious Mr. Gnome using the miner.

Offline mumbiki

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #391 on: January 09, 2013, 10:48:37 AM »
I usually just sell the gnomes.  Do they do anything or provide any benefit for keeping them around?

--Proud Mom of a United States Soldier!
--My first girl nooboo due 4/16/13!!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Castaras

• Stark Raving Bonkers
  • Townie
  • mew mew
« Reply #392 on: January 09, 2013, 11:03:37 AM »
lprkaun - thanks, didn't know that. Think Inventing Gnomes can be gotten that way as well, thinking about it.

mumbiki - The Inventing Gnome at night might take a sims unfinished invention up to 99% completion rate. Think Sculpting Gnomes do similar. Otherwise, I think the majority of them just "poof" around the lot in various amusing locations. I'm mostly wanting them because they're amusing.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #393 on: January 09, 2013, 11:04:06 AM »
Had a look on the guide, couldn't find anything on this. I'm trying to get 1 of every gnome without buydebug in one of my games, so am trying to compile methods to get each one, and get a full list of all the different gnomes. Below is a list of all the gnomes I've got before, and what I think the various ways of getting them are.

Mysterious Mr Gnome - Transfiguration, sending Metal to get smelted, Mausoleum, Miner
Sultan Sam - Exploring Tombs in Egypt
Little Leon - Exploring Tombs in France
Master Manchu - Exploring Tombs in China
Inventing Gnome - Random chance while Inventing
Abracadabra - Washing Machine, though unsure on which specific washing machines
Vampire Gnome - Plasma Fruit growing on lot
Bucktooth Butternut - Egg hunt?
Troglodyte - Travelling back in time?

There's also a load other gnomes in the buydebug that I've never seen before and am unsure on how to get them:

Mr Gnome's Generations Family - Two Mysterious Mr Gnomes on a lot get married and deal with all this themselves?
Blingaboo - Some sort of rap artist gnome?
Brawn Brawn G'nome - Summer gnome?
Carter Caninimus - Something to do with dogs?
Cracklin' Nackerbell - Something Witches do?
Cranstan Boonitz - Magician Career?
Evil Mr Gnome - Halloween?
Felix Felinimus - Kitty Gnome
Freezer Bunny - No clue
Gnome of the Darned - Death?
Lounge Lizard - Some elvis gnome - singer?
Sculpting Gnome - Random chance while sculpting?
Zenyatta - Horse?
s-gnome-man - Winter thing
Memorial to a Magic Gnome - Generations Gnome thing, I assume.

There is a gnome thread already and in it there is a lot of information on how to get some of them..   Here is also a link to the wiki article on each gnome:  link

You can get any of the WA gnomes from the consignment shop.  You can also get all three on you first day in France from the art museum as they are on display. 
Inventing gnomes and sculpting gnomes are also known to be attained from the consignment shop
Laundry Gnome is only from the best dryer.  You have to do the laundry yourself and hope the maid doesn't do it.  It's random and low.
All of the festival gnomes can be attained through various ways or just bought at the festival for 500 tickets each in their season.
Troglodyte is using the time machine and consignment shop.

The family gnomes come from two gnomes making a family but these gnomes grow up so they start as a gnome nooboo become a child, then a teen, then a normal Mr Mysterious Gnome and then they become old man gnome and then they die which is how you get the memorial to a gnome statue.

Blingaboo is a low random chance once you hit level 5 celebrity or going through the catacombs.

Brawn Brawn = Summer festival/spending time outside a lot/getting tanned maybe
Witch Gnome = Fall festival/Haunted house
Evil Gnome = catacombs/haunted house/just being evil.
Kitty Gnome = From having a cat play with a catnip mouse
Dog Gnome = Being BFFs with dogs in the house
Freezer Bunny= have dog bark at fridge
Gnome of the darned = I had one show up when my witch died via the haunting curse backfire.  I've gotten tons from the claw machine.  Come to think of it.  I've gotten several gnomes from the claw machine.

Lounge Lizard = Singer in showtime singing career giving epic performance
Sculpting gnome is random while sculpting wood, clay and stone.  Or like I said consignment
Horse Gnome = every time a horse licks a salt like there is a 1% chance.. although from my experience it's like a 91% chance.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #394 on: January 09, 2013, 11:38:17 AM »
I usually just sell the gnomes.  Do they do anything or provide any benefit for keeping them around?

I like the lounge lizard gnomes, each time they move they play music and give your sims a nice long lasting moodlet. I did not like the evil gnome much, it scared my sim while she slept and gave her a bad moodlet. Plus it just creeped me out, it got kicked frequently  ;D

Brawn Brawn = Summer festival/spending time outside a lot/getting tanned maybe

I had one just show up at my mailbox a couple of times, last one was when my sim was sleeping outside and she was always getting tanned overnight, or sunburnt. Not sure how she got tanned in the dark mind you  ???

Oh and the spring festival bunny gnome kept appearing when my sims had woohoo, I had three married couples in the house and a lot of gnomes, made quite a bit of money from those.

Offline Castaras

• Stark Raving Bonkers
  • Townie
  • mew mew
« Reply #395 on: January 09, 2013, 11:45:20 AM »
There is a gnome thread already and in it there is a lot of information on how to get some of them..   Here is also a link to the wiki article on each gnome:  link

Got a link to the gnome thread? Did a quick search and couldn't find much with regards all the gnomes. There were bits and pieces everywhere of gnomes I already knew how to get, and little else when I looked. I also avoid the wiki due to having gotten spyware off of it before.

You can get any of the WA gnomes from the consignment shop.  You can also get all three on you first day in France from the art museum as they are on display. 
Inventing gnomes and sculpting gnomes are also known to be attained from the consignment shop

Never seen gnomes in the consignment store - will take a look at some point. :)

Laundry Gnome is only from the best dryer.  You have to do the laundry yourself and hope the maid doesn't do it.  It's random and low.
All of the festival gnomes can be attained through various ways or just bought at the festival for 500 tickets each in their season.

Which best dryer? The one that comes with Ambitions, I'm assuming?

Blingaboo is a low random chance once you hit level 5 celebrity or going through the catacombs.

Explains why I never found this one - hate celebrities in Sims! :P

Gnome of the darned = I had one show up when my witch died via the haunting curse backfire.  I've gotten tons from the claw machine.  Come to think of it.  I've gotten several gnomes from the claw machine.

Huh, will have to look into the claw machine then.

Thanks for the other information on the gnomes. :)

I like the lounge lizard gnomes, each time they move they play music and give your sims a nice long lasting moodlet. I did not like the evil gnome much, it scared my sim while she slept and gave her a bad moodlet. Plus it just creeped me out, it got kicked frequently  ;D

I had one just show up at my mailbox a couple of times, last one was when my sim was sleeping outside and she was always getting tanned overnight, or sunburnt. Not sure how she got tanned in the dark mind you  ???

Oh and the spring festival bunny gnome kept appearing when my sims had woohoo, I had three married couples in the house and a lot of gnomes, made quite a bit of money from those.

Interesting note on the Lounge Lizards - thanks. :)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #396 on: January 09, 2013, 11:48:49 AM »
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,792.0.html -- it's a long thread because it's been slowly going for a long time.   It's a bit jumbled and I don't think the newest ones are on it.

Yes the best dryer from Ambitions.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
« Reply #397 on: January 09, 2013, 12:08:22 PM »
I've gotten the evil gnome quite a few times through the miner.
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Offline Castaras

• Stark Raving Bonkers
  • Townie
  • mew mew
« Reply #398 on: January 09, 2013, 07:40:56 PM »
Kay, updated the list a bit - still wanting to confirm how to get the s-GNOME-man, and Cranstan Boonitz (Magician Gnome). Would Cranstan be similar to the singer in that you need an epic performance from a magician?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #399 on: January 09, 2013, 07:48:58 PM »
That's how I got mine.  I forgot he wasn't on the list.
s-Gnome-Man is the winter season gnome which means the winter festival or by making snowmen according to the thread on the Seasons board.

Did you visit the wiki article I linked?

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #400 on: January 10, 2013, 02:38:58 AM »
Kay, updated the list a bit - still wanting to confirm how to get the s-GNOME-man, and Cranstan Boonitz (Magician Gnome). Would Cranstan be similar to the singer in that you need an epic performance from a magician?

When my magician got to the point of being able to perform 'appearing objects' he would sometimes summon one and then put it in inventory. He'd summon genie lamps too but he never kept those  ::)

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #401 on: January 12, 2013, 03:33:34 PM »
I've got the laundry gnome from using the washing machine that came with Town Life ( at the Town Life laundromat ). So it doesn't have to be the one from Ambitions.

Offline Noocherenee

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #402 on: February 11, 2013, 09:16:26 PM »
Where do you get the claw machine?  I've never seen it.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #403 on: February 11, 2013, 09:24:10 PM »
It came with Supernatural.  It's in buy mode or down on the beach in Moonlight Falls.

Offline bijou243

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #404 on: February 12, 2013, 09:46:17 AM »
Twice I had a teen Sim get an Evil Gnome while trick-or-treating.  And I had some Sims get the Bucktooth Butternut (spring gnome) in the mail as a prize for being the Spring Dance King/Queen.

anything