Author Topic: Dog and Cat Training  (Read 11820 times)

Zetshia

Re: Dog Training
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2011, 01:01:19 AM »
I tried deleting my DCBackup and Cache files but still couldn't train my cat to hunt so I uninstalled my spell book and re-deleted the DCBackup and Cache files and that did the trick.

Leto85

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2011, 12:05:08 PM »
This topic is for talking about training dogs. For more help on how to remove bugs from your game or letting it work faster you guys should look at this topic instead.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

AbrahamC

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2011, 01:31:22 PM »
@Letto

Actually the topic name is a bit misleading. If you go back to the first post the reason for this topic is that they were having issues with dog training (cats were having the same issue as well) specifically. This thread was looking for a solution to the problem.

Leto85

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2011, 06:42:02 PM »
@Letto

Actually the topic name is a bit misleading. If you go back to the first post the reason for this topic is that they were having issues with dog training (cats were having the same issue as well) specifically. This thread was looking for a solution to the problem.

I see, you're right about that. :)
But... one thing that you still got wrong was how you write my name. :P

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2011, 08:45:15 PM »
The post is:  Deleting cache files.  This post gives you easy, step by step instructions on how to write a teeny little application yourself that will delete your cache files and launch the game. 
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

AbrahamC

« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2011, 04:23:30 AM »
@Leto

Sorry about the miss type on your name I found that my browser spell checks it to the double T for some reason...

Offline Catarra Nightshade

• I got Cat class...
  • Townie
  • And I got Cat style!
Re: My dog won't learn hunting skill
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2011, 04:35:03 PM »
I was having this same problem with the hunting skill, and after following the advice on here...uninstalling the spellbook and deleting caches...my pets can gain skills! Thank you everyone for the help!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2011, 12:35:09 AM »
I've merged the two topics on the dog and cat training issue.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Leto85

« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2011, 07:12:03 AM »
@Leto

Sorry about the miss type on your name I found that my browser spell checks it to the double T for some reason...

Haha, not a problem. I was just teasing you anyway. :P

@Hosfac: Perhaps the topic name should be changed to 'Dog and Cat training' as well, don't you think?

Offline Enchanted81

• Townie
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2011, 08:45:01 AM »
@Hosfac: Perhaps the topic name should be changed to 'Dog and Cat training' as well, don't you think?

I updated the title of the thread. At the time it was created, I had not tried hunting training on anything other than dogs.
Feel free to add me on Origin & the Sims 3 site: Enchanted81

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2011, 02:17:07 PM »
I don't know if it makes a difference, but I kept all my premium content (including the spell book) and just deleted the DCBackup folder and the caches as Rica had mentioned.  I have had no problem with my sim's dog learning to hunt.  I don't have any of the premium content in my game file, but just having it installed and available doesn't seem to be harming dog training.

Do you delete the DCBackup folder or just the contents?
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Dog and Cat Training
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2011, 02:34:54 PM »
You can do either or, Sassy.   In my experience it doesn't matter because the game just regenerates the folder again if it's missing.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
Re: Dog and Cat Training
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2011, 05:33:29 PM »
Thanks Ricalynn :)

Hopefully my cats can now start learning the hunting skill without making needs static!

EDIT:  My cats can now hunt but only I after uninstalled the spellbook :(  Looks like it's one or the other!
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫