Author Topic: The Sims 3 - Showtime EP06  (Read 118504 times)

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 - Showtime EP06
« Reply #90 on: December 08, 2011, 01:51:38 AM »
I'm hoping for the singing that you can customize the music, like with the stereo. You could have your sim singing "Lady Gaga" or something.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #91 on: December 08, 2011, 01:58:33 AM »
I for one am just going to sit back and wait. I have no idea how EA are going to implement this but I trust that they have privacy issues thoroughly covered. I haven't met an expansion pack yet that I didn't like something about (and most I've loved) so I will definitely be getting it, I mean in over 10 years now, I haven't skipped any EP's and am not going to start now.

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #92 on: December 08, 2011, 02:06:28 AM »
I for one am just going to sit back and wait. I have no idea how EA are going to implement this but I trust that they have privacy issues thoroughly covered. I haven't met an expansion pack yet that I didn't like something about (and most I've loved) so I will definitely be getting it, I mean in over 10 years now, I haven't skipped any EP's and am not going to start now.

I agree. I've been waiting for pool tables and singing since Sims2.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #93 on: December 08, 2011, 06:53:24 AM »
Does anyone else think the social features will actually come with the Showtime patch instead of just the EP, like the memories did in Generations? I think somehow it's just too big a thing for them to miss out. Not the SimPort thing, though, because after reading Gheez' and Pam's posts I reckon they do just mean your sim gets to perform at another friend's venue. I actually like that better because if it was going to another game, things would go a little haywire with loading times, mods, different EPs and CC etc. Perhaps they will bring something like that in Sims 4, but that's another topic. xD

Leto85

« Reply #94 on: December 08, 2011, 09:47:48 AM »
I was just about to compose my post when this last post by Gheez hit the board.  I agree with her analysis of the Simport feature.  Here is the text again from the release information regarding Showtime:

Read it carefully and you'll see no mention of entering another player's game with control of a Sim.  I think what Gheez described is very much what we should expect to see.  There are too many negative possibilities and drawbacks with actually having access to another player's computer and game.  I can't imagine that this is what EA has in mind.  I think it will be more of an advanced file sharing system and it may even be routed through the official Sims 3 site.  Or perhaps we'll be able to send a Sim directly to another player's email account.  There are many ways to accomplish this and it's not my area of expertise, of course, but I think this is how it will be handled.

We won't know until EA releases more information.  But please don't panic or anything in the meantime.  I really don't see other players being able to access our games in any way.

The way I've read it is like using a rabit hole. Your sim pops into another once game and will disapear for a while, while in the meantime popups are going to show including information about what your sim has done in the other towns.
But from the other side, if my sim travels to the town of that of Pam, than Pam will see that sim going into her town, or getting noticed about it, and will probably be able to speak to him/her and making a friendship relationship.
That is how I think it will be.

I've just saw how The Sims 3 Social works while being at a neighbour's house and I think this is kind of how this will work with this expansion as well. Like EA was testing this first to see if people would be interested in it.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #95 on: December 08, 2011, 01:29:26 PM »
About Singing: If this is going to be a skill, do you guys think Singing to the IF will have the same effect as the Base Game skills? Like will they develop the skill as a toddler, and it will show up when their children?

I'm not asking if this has been confirmed, I'm just asking if this could be a possibility.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #96 on: December 08, 2011, 01:46:09 PM »
About Singing: If this is going to be a skill, do you guys think Singing to the IF will have the same effect as the Base Game skills? Like will they develop the skill as a toddler, and it will show up when their children?

I'm not asking if this has been confirmed, I'm just asking if this could be a possibility.

It would be nice; but, I'd rather have REAL singing than "La di da". In sims2 they had singing, but it was terrible, so I didn't let my sims sing much. I don't want to hear amature singers (i;e. people doing thier own voices) sending their sims to my town. I want to be able to have real music (Norah Jones, Janis Joplin, Eretha Franklin, etc. as voicesfor my sims to sing. If this is going to be like the talent shows on TV; I'm not interested. Except for a few (like the Boyd woman), most are terrible.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Zylphe

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #97 on: December 08, 2011, 03:46:35 PM »
More info on the Sims 3 forum (which I would post here, but it's a bit lengthy):

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/474098.page

There's supposed to be an interview next week with one of the game designers, so hopefully we'll keep getting info on the game.

A summary of the online portion of the game:
  • you can message friends in game
  • but you can turn it off if you don't want to deal with it
  • SimPort is supposed to be secure, so you won't get any viruses or any other nasty surprises
  • using Simport lets you unlock some backgrounds, props, and costumes
  • Sims won't be imported with content you don't have (so, if you don't have the clothing or the traits in your game that the other person has, you won't see it -- the trait or clothing will be changed to something you DO have)
  • all the social stuff is optional and you can turn it off

Being able to turn all of this stuff off means that I'll probably go ahead and order this EP... probably closer to March, because I'm hoping they'll throw in another free stuff pack for ordering early.

bshag

« Reply #98 on: December 08, 2011, 05:43:57 PM »
After reading the additional information that was posted on the Showtime forum, it makes me feel a little better about the social aspect of the game, namly Simport.  I have no interest in the FB or Twitter, nor in performing for anyone's sims.  I understand if I do turn off Simport and connection to FB I will have to give up certain special items you get when you do use these things.  I don't think that's really fair, but I don't care one way or the other.  I know some simmers do and are raising cain about it. ::)

loveSims

« Reply #99 on: December 08, 2011, 05:53:11 PM »
Thanks very much for the link! Now I get excited about this expansion! ;D

Offline kiko94

• Immortal
  • you pronounce it *keko* not *kIko*
« Reply #100 on: December 08, 2011, 05:54:42 PM »
Nice work, Zylphe. I was just about to post that link. :D I have added it to the first post.
My Blog For Sims 3 Buildings, visit for exclusive content -07/11 update : New Houses and community lots, don't miss them !!

-The Awkward moment whe you are viewing who's online, and you find somone looking at your profile...

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #101 on: December 08, 2011, 07:18:53 PM »
Glad they cleared that up about Simport. These social additions actually sound like good features for the game, although I'm not one who would really use them. I just see the appeal to folks who are more social than I tend to be.   That sounds like patch material more so than an expansion exclusive.  Achievements have been desired for a while now and could fit in based on what you have installed. My wager is that the social aspects (sans Simport) and achievements hitch a ride on the patch.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #102 on: December 08, 2011, 07:55:23 PM »
I added the quote from SimGuruSnelson on the official Sims 3 Forum to Kiko's first post.  I think it will be good to have all the details of that post right here as a quote.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Sportsfan

« Reply #103 on: December 08, 2011, 08:08:20 PM »
Okay, so assuming the social features come in the patch, what does this EP include?
As far as I can figure it has a new skill: singing and the ability to sing at venues like late night.

So my questions are: what else does it add?
And what new occult creatures might it add (kind of a necessity right? Lol)

Offline KJSinclair

• Townie
  • I may have a sharp tongue but I have a soft heart
« Reply #104 on: December 08, 2011, 08:43:45 PM »
I have a problem with people saying 'this should have been added with LN'. I remember all the issues, Bridgeport is too big, the lagging and the game breaking scenarios that came from LN being a huge powerful EP with almost too much content. Now people complain that there is not enough content, come on guys be smart here.

Not every EP is going to contain a host of functionality, items or game play that will make everyone happy. This EP looks as though it is going to add a lot to the game, a lot of functionality, items that people have been begging for and new LTW that some have hoped for. We have little information to this point. EA enjoy trickling information to us to keep excitement boiling.

Lots of the functionality will need to be added as a patch, and honestly if they do that then I will be happy that people that may not be able to afford every EP will this time (hopefully) get something new for free and now they may not have to miss out on the totally new experience that EA is bringing to this popular franchise.

KJ
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes we have to wait a long time for the reason to become clear.