Author Topic: Sims 3 Re-Install Issues - Fixed!!  (Read 3482 times)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims 3 Re-Install Issues
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2023, 11:30:17 AM »
Might be a good idea to take a bit of a break and try again later. :)
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline BonnieLM77

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2023, 12:20:50 PM »
thanks for all of your help though, I'll update you on how it goes.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2023, 12:28:41 PM »
You're welcome!!

Yes, please do keep me updated. Thank you!! :)
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline BonnieLM77

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2023, 08:49:32 AM »
I think I might know what's going on, according to a post on nraa might have to do with the GPU memory this is the first line in the deviceconfig.log file GPU: 5 GPU Memory: 1 CPU: 4 RAM: 4 CPU Speed: 3093 Threading: 3, apparently it's supposed to read higher than 1, ever heard of this?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2023, 09:40:09 AM »
I'm not sure if I've heard of that.  I did check the graphics files and found that your video card has been added to the list so it should run the game.

However, I remember you mentioning something about dual monitors. That might be an issue in getting the game to run. You might need to run some tests with both monitors and with just one setup.

Offline BonnieLM77

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2023, 06:33:57 PM »
I just run the game on the primary monitor on the left, and it always ran just fine that way before, I don't run it full screen just 1600 by 900, which is why this is so confusing. I don't get the error message when I start it to the main menu, it just keeps saying in the device config log found 0, matched 0, so I'm not sure if something is blocking the game from generating the correct file or what. I might try it in a clean boot on my next day off, and if that doesn't work, I will try another complete uninstall and reinstall. I do appreciate all of your help though.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2023, 08:07:40 PM »
Good idea to check to see if something is blocking the game.

Ensure Antivirus or security software is not blocking the game.

It is possible that your anti-virus is flagging the files and blocking the game's access to them. If that's the case, you will need to search on your anti-virus to allow Sims 3. Or use the how-to below if using Windows Security.

Add an exclusion to Windows Security:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/add-an-exclusion-to-windows-security-811816c0-4dfd-af4a-47e4-c301afe13b26

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline BonnieLM77

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2023, 10:00:18 AM »
yeah, I use Windows Security Essentials for Windows 7, that's why I was going to try copying the files in a clean boot with the anti-virus turned off and see if at least the device config log will update properly, what I was doing was unzipping the graphics files directly to the game bin as well, but I'm going to try just unzipping them to a folder on the desktop, and then copying them from there-I noticed the last time I went to access that folder it asked me for administrator access-which my user profile is supposed to be so I just clicked yes as normal, but I'll also try seeing if I can remove it wanting admin access for that folder, I wonder if Origin could be blocking it as well, but as I said, I did this 2 years ago when the card was first installed and the deviceconfig.log file found and matched the card, but thanks again for the tips! I have tomorrow and Friday off so I will have more time to troubleshoot it, worse comes to worse I will try an uninstall and reinstall again too

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2023, 02:00:45 PM »
Good to try unzipping the files to the desktop and then moving the files.  I am not sure what to do if Origin is blocking them. Other than maybe white list/allow Origin as well.

Offline BonnieLM77

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2024, 09:54:58 PM »
I just wanted to update this so you can close it and also in case it helps anybody else.

After several months, I finally got back to the game and this time I did a complete uninstall and reinstall with my anti-virus turned off, and my internet unplugged. I installed the 1.67 superpatch after I installed the base game (right clicking on it and running it as administrator), then installed the expansion and stuff packs discs up to Seasons, then ran the superpatch again as an administrator, and then copied the lastest zip file of the graphics files in your article (I unzipped it to the desktop and then copied the files), and then I right clicked on the Seasons icon and ran as adminstrator, ran it to the main menu and then exited the game and checked the deviceconfig.log file and it now says Name (database): GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Mobile [Found: 1, Matched: 1] YAAYYYYY!

So thank you, thank you, thank you for all the help you provided and hopefully these steps will help somebody else who had the same issue.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2024, 09:11:10 AM »
I am happy to hear that helped!! Thank you for the update!! :)

anything