Author Topic: The lost heiress, the pirate and the quest for the fountain of youth - Completed  (Read 10470 times)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: The lost heiress, the pirate and the fountain of youth. a K.A. Aurora novel
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2012, 08:24:38 PM »
What movie can it be... :P

It strangely reminds me of at leat five movies and at least 50 romance novels I've read. As my didactic's teacher at uni said, you can beg borrow or steal material, stealing is the best. 

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2012, 08:26:37 PM »
What I meant by that was, yes it reminds me of quite a few movies I have seen or books I have read.. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2012, 08:46:17 PM »
The two lovebirds had spent their time smooching while the nefarious gentlemen hung themselves with their own rope.

Greta: Ready to go?
Cary: You know I'm always ready *raises eyebrow*
Greta: *slaps him on arm* Be serious! We have to move fast when we go.
Cary: I'm ready.

They exited the Temple of Death and Doom without any problems. Found a new hiding place for the map (guess where?). And hit it where Lord H would never think to look. If he should ever get out of the temple, or manage to send some minions after it.

And then it was time for the reward, the reward every hero or heroin get after completing a quest.

Cary: I take you Greta to be my wife. To love, honor and protect, even if you think you don't need protection.
Greta: I take you Cary to be my husband. To love, honor and protect, especially when you think you don't need it.

*audience sighs and cries* (Well, they would if there had been anyone here but me the Watcher.)

And then they kiss, and all is right in the world.

So, what happened next? Where did they live? Did they ever go to Simdia? Did Cary continue on as the Dread Pirate Inkbeard? Did Greta get an equally awesome secret pirate identity? Did they ever try to find the fountain of youth? Was there any kids Cary seemed so keen on? Did Lord H breed mummy hybrids that he then let loose on the world?

All this and more you get the answer to in the sequel. Why is there a sequel you wonder? There is always a sequel, or at the very least another novel that takes place in the same time and place as the first one, preferably with at least one character we've met in this book as either the hero or heroin. So what would you want to read about?

A paranormal romance about Lord H and his new mummy love interest?

A historical romance "prequel" about Greta's parents?

A romantic suspense where Perry turns out to be an undercover agent trying to unmask Lord H's nefarious plans for the future?

Or would you just want to follow this crazy couple in a series of fantasy romance as they become the protectors of the fountain protecting it from other youth obsessed starlets and supernaturals thirsting for power?

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
  • Call me Sadie :)
The last choice! I just finished reading through your story. Awww, Cary and Greta are so cute together!
I am such a hopeless romantic........

SimBlip

No, no and no on all the questions in the end, but I very much enjoyed your romantic tale of Greta and Carey! :)
It's more than worhty of Simollywood, and if this was a film, they would certainly get an Simscar for the best performance!
Eat you heart out, Hamming! Here's a girl with true talent!  ;D

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
That was a fantastic literary diversion! Cinderella meets Princess Bride meets Indiana Jones...and probably a few others in there that I can't think of at the moment.

What a fun way to play with your two characters. Regardless of whatever sequel you write, you've got me hooked. :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Louise56

I love, love it! I defiantly want to see more of Greta and Cary. ;D

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
Woah this reminded me of the Princess Bride (well, the beginning) which is one of my favourite movies of all time! Greta would be Buttercup, Cary would be Westley and Max Racket would be Prince Humperdinck! Inconceivable!
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
I would like to read about Perry being an undercover spy. Or perhapes Beata is telling her children a bedtime stoy about what happenes after Greta and Cary are married. ;)
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

anything