Author Topic: It Happened One Christmas/A Short Seasonal Tale (Completed)  (Read 18411 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: It Happened One Christmas/Chapter 2
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2011, 01:19:57 PM »
I was wondering when he'd turn up.  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2011, 03:03:40 PM »
Is that who I think it is? (I just woke up.)

As for Incubus, I thought "Isn't that that Schipperke that Schipperke put in the Swap Shop?" as soon as I saw it. I hope you gave it the Genius trait. ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline moonshadow

• Watcher of the Moon.
  • Townie
  • "It's not someday, but today that I change"
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2011, 03:14:21 PM »
This is getting interresting.  ;)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2011, 03:20:13 PM »
Schipperke,  you cease to amaze me and yes, that man is who we think it is.  I guess he is into all kinds of adoptions, lol.  Great story.  I will definitely keep reading. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2011, 04:46:11 PM »
What is Mr Payne doing to the background!

I absolutely love Incubus! I think he deserved that fish!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2011, 05:05:20 PM »
What is Mr Payne doing to the background!

Good question.  All will be revealed on Christmas eve, although probably most people will have figured it out long before then.  :)

Thanks for the comments!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2011, 05:12:37 PM »
Mr. Payne, Mr. Payne just can't keep himself from a good Schip story.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2011, 05:16:48 PM »
Good question.  All will be revealed on Christmas eve, although probably most people will have figured it out long before then.  :)

I've got to ask: Does it have anything to do with Immortals named after dogs, A crazy lady with a wrench, orphans, or two elderly ladies whose only relatives die, so they decide to open a finishing school?

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2011, 05:59:27 PM »
I've got to ask: Does it have anything to do with Immortals named after dogs, A crazy lady with a wrench, orphans, or two elderly ladies whose only relatives die, so they decide to open a finishing school?

I'm speechless!  I've been sitting here for ages just laughing my head off!  Seabody, in just a few perfectly-chosen words you have masterfully summed up all my stories!  I'd put those words in my signature if I had room!  And you've just made me realize that I've had some pretty loony Sims over the years.  Or maybe it would be more accurate to say that my Sims have had a loony writer.  ::)

But I digress.  Returning to your question:

Here's my answer:  "What, you don't think a talking dog is enough?"  Ok, maybe I'll throw in a piece of Fire Cake, just for you.  ;D

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2011, 10:56:25 AM »
Chapter 3

On the long walk home, the little dog pulls Sandy off the path to walk on the side of the hill.

Sandy:  You know, Incubus, the path is there for walking on.
Incubus:  Yes, I know.  And you always walk on the path, right, Sandy?  Boring, safe, predictable, totally unadventurous.  It's time for you to try the path less travelled.
Sandy:  You're quite the philosopher.
Incubus:  All dogs are philosophers.
Sandy:  Maybe so, but all dogs aren't as chatty as you seem to be.  How is it that you can talk, anyway?
Incubus:  It's the week before Christmas.  All dogs can talk in the week leading up to Christmas.
Sandy:  Really?  But I've never heard a dog talk before.
Incubus:  Ah, but you see, Sandy - we aren't like Sims, who chatter on about absolutely nothing.  My kind speaks only when we have something important to say.  So when I speak, you can be certain that it's important and you should pay close attention.
Sandy mutters:  Small dog, big ego.
Incubus:  Pardon?  Did you say something?

Sandy shakes her head, and they walk on.

They arrive home, and Sandy just has to clap her hands with delight over finally having a friend.  He may be a bit odd, but he's her only friend, and she doesn't feel quite so alone any more.

She and Incubus spend time getting acquainted.  He tells her about living outdoors:

She brushes the matts and burrs from his coat:

Incubus supervises as Sandy learns to make dog treats:

Incubus:  Sandy, you're not supposed to eat that!  That's just for dogs!

Now, observe the expression on the face of that little black devil.  Wouldn't you just love to know what he's plotting thinking?

Editor's Note:  I wish I could take credit for the idea of the talking dog, but I can't.  I once read a short story by Margery Allingham, one of the great mystery writers of the Golden Age, in which a dog was granted the miraculous power of speech on New Year's Eve.  It was a long time ago that I read the story, and I'm afraid I don't remember the title or any other particulars of the story, but I loved the idea of a dog being able to talk at this time of year.  Because at this time of the year there should be magic in the air.  And, of course, any dog associated with Mr Payne can be expected to be rather unusual.  ;)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: It Happened One Christmas/Chapter 3
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2011, 02:29:44 PM »
Sighs.  Happily smiling at another Schiperke story and the world's most darling dog.

I love how you decorated the house!  And how did you make that long leash for Incubus?

As for talking animals, there is a legend that because there were animals at the birth of Jesus, God granted them the power of speech for just a short time so they could spread the good news.  It is supposedly the one time of year animals can talk.  We who love animals know they just pretend to not speak our language but actually communicate with us daily.  lol
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2011, 03:09:18 PM »
Sighs.  Happily smiling at another Schiperke story and the world's most darling dog.

I love how you decorated the house!  And how did you make that long leash for Incubus?

As for talking animals, there is a legend that because there were animals at the birth of Jesus, God granted them the power of speech for just a short time so they could spread the good news.  It is supposedly the one time of year animals can talk.  We who love animals know they just pretend to not speak our language but actually communicate with us daily.  lol

I never knew that story about the talking animals!  Thank you for sharing that, Joria.

As for the extending leash - I had nothing to do with it.  When they started walking home, Sandy just suddenly had it in her hand.  Magic.  ;)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2011, 03:12:03 PM »
What a lovely Christmas present! Thank you, Schipperke, I've been missing your stories.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2011, 03:14:44 PM »
Thanks very much, Marian.  I hope you'll enjoy this little story.

Online sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2011, 03:17:31 PM »
Another good story to read! I just love reading your stories Schipperke. I don't always remark, but I am always reading.  ;D