Author Topic: Small Dog - Chessie the Beagle "Puppy"  (Read 6300 times)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Small Dog - Chessie the Beagle "Puppy"
« on: December 27, 2011, 11:52:20 PM »
"Chessie" by Ausette
Adult Female Beagle
Adventurous, Hunter, Playful

Chessie is cute, smart, and passionate about life. She loves finding things, making friends and exploring the world.

EA does provide beagles in the game, but the only one in the Sim Bin is a mature, floppy beagle. While older beagles are cute in their own way, I really wanted to play a "younger" dog. Hence, Chessie.  :)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Small Dog - Chessie the Beagle "Puppy"
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 08:40:09 AM »
Chessie is adorable!  But I'm not sure why you're calling her a puppy when she's not a puppy but an adult.  Maybe the word is used differently where you live, but here "Puppy" means a young dog, not yet adult age.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 08:48:03 AM »
We call our dogs puppies when they have their funny five minutes (Although it's more like 24 Hours lately) and they go all puppy like.  :P Chessie looks adorable and I am so downloading!
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 09:04:05 AM »
Chessie is adorable!  But I'm not sure why you're calling her a puppy when she's not a puppy but an adult.  Maybe the word is used differently where you live, but here "Puppy" means a young dog, not yet adult age.

Thanks Schip, sorry I didn't explain the age thing clearer. Beagles don't age too well in real life, so they'll look significantly different at each stage of their lives. Here are some pictures from Wikipedia (young dog on the left, old dog on the right). See how floppy they get?

EA's supplied a floppy beagle in Create-a-Pet, but for Chessie I really wanted that adorable youthful look. She may physically be an adult, but her looks and personality are modelled on those of a puppy. That's why I put "Puppy" in quotation marks.  ;)

Don't worry, puppies are still called puppies in Australia. Although sometimes we'll call slightly older dogs puppies if they act like them, in the same way you might call a teenager "kid".

VampirePlasma

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 01:45:05 PM »
I get that teenager to kid state all the time. . .

I am downloading my new puppy! It's so cute. Oh yes it is!

anything