Author Topic: Game Crashes on Mac  (Read 6226 times)

krazykatie782

Game Crashes on Mac
« on: January 02, 2012, 01:51:48 PM »
Hey everyone,

For the past few days I have been experiencing some issues with my Sims pets game.   I will be playing and then all of a sudden the game closes and a text box come up and reads:
"Exception raised : Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000030 at address 0x00573391 do you wish to debug it?"
Nothing happens and I have tried google and even tried calling EA customer service but with no luck.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated! Happy New Year!

Offline simlishlol

• Self-proclaimed aficionado
  • Immortal
  • U leik my horsie?
Re: Game Crashes on Mac
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 03:44:17 PM »
Welcome to the forum Katie!

I have had the same problem you have now. I was very hard-pressed to find a solution to this, but it never really went away. I suggest looking at some of the sticky threads to make your game less laggy and clean as possible, that should help a bit. Let me look  back at my thread from when it happened to me, and I'll get back to you.

EDIT: This is my thread about it. Hope it helps!
When life gives you founders, you make an immortal dynasty!
Feel free to call me Simlish ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Yarakisagoa

• Idol or Idiot?
  • Townie
  • Impossible stands for I'm possible...
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 04:38:51 PM »
"Exception raised : Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000030 at address 0x00573391 do you wish to debug it?"

Not long ago, I have the same problem. And for what I know, this is a "system error", and I guess it's a RAM problem. You should check your RAM. An easy way to check your RAM is replace it with another one (from a computer that works), and see what happen? If it's work, then you'll need to replace your RAM. If not, then your Hardware device have some problem (check your hard-disk, VGA, and check your mainboard's RAM slot). Good luck :D.

P.s: Also, it may had problem with your RAM memory side. I mean the game require (let say) 2GB to run in Win7, but sometimes, the world (in the game) is to big for 2GB (in fact, 1.4-1.7GB is usable for TS3, the rest is for the OS) to handle, so it can crash your game too.

EDIT: notice that there's 3 type of RAM (at now): DDR1, DDR2 and DDR3. But I believe only 2 type of them can run TS3 which are DDR2 and DDR3. You must know what type of your RAM (the one you're using) before replace it. In this case, just open your case and have a look at your RAM, it should has all the information on that.
"When I was a young man. I Had liberty, but I did not see it. I had time, but I did not know it. And I had love, but I did not feel it.... I know I would have enough time to do everything, now I worry I do not have any time to do anything"
-Ezio Auditore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCTtIIW1WA0

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 01:48:43 AM »
I had that problem for awhile and then I did a factory reset and it fixed it! Or rather I have not had an error like that in the months ago that I have done it.

You can find the thread here: Factory Reset Thread