Author Topic: Union Cove - The Forum's World  (Read 352641 times)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: Union Cove - The Forum's World
« Reply #270 on: January 01, 2012, 12:53:49 AM »
Top Secret Team, would you be able to show us the board that no one other than you guys so we can have a good look at how much work was put in.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Machete Girl

« Reply #271 on: January 01, 2012, 02:27:59 AM »
So downloaded it, clicked on it, installed it via the launcher and when I entered my game and clicked start new game, it wasn't on the list to choose from for towns, any suggestions? =(

I'm having the same problem. I can download it but it won't install. I have been searching this thread for any clues. Any suggestions?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Sportsfan

« Reply #272 on: January 01, 2012, 02:36:06 AM »
Do you have the latest patch? 1.29

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #273 on: January 01, 2012, 02:39:17 AM »
And what do you mean - can't install - it doesn't appear among installed content or it pop up the message and don't install it?

@Gogo - there are 43 topics and more than 2505 replies. Countless PM's and hours on messengers. ;D

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #274 on: January 01, 2012, 04:54:16 AM »
Top Secret Team, would you be able to show us the board that no one other than you guys so we can have a good look at how much work was put in.

I'm sorry Gogo but that spot is still Top Secret.  *Singing, "We've only just begunnnnn"*.  There are some things that are ideas for possible future plans so we're keeping it Top Secret for now.  However, with permission from the team,  I can download a lot of early pics that won't give away all our secrets, but will give you guys an idea of how things progressed.  We've been taking screenies since day one.  The one that really blows my mind is the beginning of the pier.  Now that was a challenge and a half.  Once I get a concensus from the team I'll start posting some on the "Exploring Union Cove" thread.

On a different note, in doing research for SqueakyClean's computer we discovered that not only is her video set up inadequate, (it's a built in thing and they just don't work well), but mine is not good enough for my game either!  We had bought a new one and it was fine up until Generations came out.  With that expansion and then Pets, the video card became inadequate.  So playing UC is a challenge, but it IS doable.  If some of you have concerns, there are places to check for what would be a proper video card for anything after Generations.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #275 on: January 01, 2012, 05:12:26 AM »
I'm sorry Gogo but that spot is still Top Secret.  *Singing, "We've only just begunnnnn"*.  There are some things that are ideas for possible future plans so we're keeping it Top Secret for now.  However, with permission from the team,  I can download a lot of early pics that won't give away all our secrets, but will give you guys an idea of how things progressed.  We've been taking screenies since day one.  The one that really blows my mind is the beginning of the pier.  Now that was a challenge and a half.  Once I get a concensus from the team I'll start posting some on the "Exploring Union Cove"
Thank you Joria! Now time to think how to hack into the board...

@Gogo - there are 43 topics and more than 2505 replies. Countless PM's and hours on messengers. ;D
Wow! I think that's quite a bit for such a small (compared to the whole forum) group!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #276 on: January 01, 2012, 05:14:27 AM »
Gogo love what you're forgetting, with all those posts, is the one with the big mouth, (that would be me), was part of that team.  They were unendingly patient and kind with my constant notes.  lol

(Puts up hacker proofing.  lol)
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #277 on: January 01, 2012, 05:17:35 AM »
Gogo love what you're forgetting, with all those posts, is the one with the big mouth, (that would be me), was part of that team.  They were unendingly patient and kind with my constant notes.  lol

(Puts up hacker proofing.  lol)
Haha. I have one of the best working on it right now. Oh look I'm in!

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #278 on: January 01, 2012, 05:28:45 AM »
I like this world a lot, but the stairs leading up to the house where NormaJean resides isn't working at all for me. This might cause some trouble since she was a potential DecaDynasty founder but since I can't get into her house without a teleporter or cheating she is out of the runing...

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #279 on: January 01, 2012, 05:39:26 AM »
Have you tried clicking on stairs? I had the same issue but Joria told me to try that - and it worked, she was able to use them and climb up to . We did change some lots that had problems with spiral stairs after patch (Art Gallery, The Democrat, I Heart the Beach, Christmas Tree House) but those worked when clicking on them so we left them intact.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #280 on: January 01, 2012, 05:47:47 AM »
The Board isn't that special other than it having all the developments and stuff on it. That and all the custom built lots and households on it. Who knows we might need it in the future though.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #281 on: January 01, 2012, 06:34:21 AM »
Have you tried clicking on stairs? I had the same issue but Joria told me to try that - and it worked, she was able to use them and climb up to . We did change some lots that had problems with spiral stairs after patch (Art Gallery, The Democrat, I Heart the Beach, Christmas Tree House) but those worked when clicking on them so we left them intact.
I tried clicking directly on the stairs it never worked, I even tried replacing them, that only worked for the bottom one, for the second one nope, never worked.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #282 on: January 01, 2012, 09:54:03 AM »
In reference to the subway- I tried to send my sim there to play for tips and I think the garbage can is in the way of the doors, as he cannot get inside to earn tips.  I just thought you might like to know if you're going to making more changes down the road.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #283 on: January 01, 2012, 11:23:14 AM »
I'm affraid you're both right, Margerita and simfulicious - I just tried it and it is not working :-[

EDIT: I added a list of residential lots and households in first page.

EDIT 2:
Simple solution for A Room With A View spiral stairs is to move them anywhere in buy mode, then undo and return to game - they became usable again ???.

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #284 on: January 01, 2012, 12:44:43 PM »
I'll test it later and we will see if it works.

anything