Author Topic: Union Cove - The Forum's World  (Read 192878 times)

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
Re: Union Cove - The Forum's World
« Reply #475 on: February 14, 2012, 12:10:52 PM »
Hi forum,

A big thank you to all the people concerned who made this fabulous world.  I love it, it's enchanting.  I will say that I still consider myself a newbie even with over 2,000 hours of playing TS3.  My son, the computer geek, built my computer so I've no idea why everything works beautifully and super smooth... but it does...did.

I didn't have any problems with UC until last night.  Today it was still glitchy and resetSim didn't seem to rectify it so I hunted around and found the wild horse foal stuck in the little garden down the stairs at the ruins pond.  I have no idea how the foal got there but it was really really hungry and wouldn't let my Sim befriend it to feed it.  Can the foal not graze like the adult wild horses do?  I regret I had to delete it because I didn't know how else to move it.  Will this cause a problem with my game?

Also I've yet to find a pink diamond.  I'm guessing there must be some, but I've had the ultimate invention opportunity open for more than 2 sim weeks and not one has spawned in that time.   I've noted the sites where Tanzanite spawns because I've found these are often the pre-spawners for pink diamonds.  No such luck yet?

Can I ask, why are there no churches in the game?  Even if it were only a rabbithole.  Is religion just a big no-no.  I ask because it would be nice to have my Sims with a lovely church in the wedding photo.  I could pretty up the Mausoleum but that seems just creepy.

And Pam, you're the head honcho at the Bistro where my Sim's hubby works and my law enforcement Sim found tiberium in your bin.  By the way, Carl doesn't have a rubbish bin to rummage through, wonder why?. 

To reiterate, I really really love this world.   It's Bonzer!

Thank you for this wonderful and detailed feedback!

About foal in the basement of the garden - There isn't really a way for a horse to enter the basement so it is spawned there, nothing to do with that except to delete the basement or solve it the way you did. You could also use moveobjects on and move the foal from the basement up on  the ground in build mode.

Pink diamonds - as Samoht said, I hardly ever find them (except when breaking spacerocks) but there are 4 epic spawners in the world, in 4 most remote/special locations: crater, dragon nest, golf course and peninsula with ruined column and palm trees near the river mouth.

I started my first dynasty in UC and so far I love it. I'm a bit lost sometimes but the characters my sims encounter are very funny.

Thank you! it is a huge world and easy to get lost, but different areas should help with orientation :)

Hi absolutely loving this World ,thank you so much to everyone who had a part in creating it  ;D I am trying to find a residential lot with the beautiful lot moodlet  does this world have any? x ;D

Thank you Teacup! All lots on Admin and Mod hill have beautiful vista moodlet. Also, Thymes house, Brustles and Characters are having it, and Dreamweavers at The Democrat. I have to check, but I think winning houses on building contest also have +10 beautiful vista moodlet. Thank you ;D

gayleforcem

« Reply #476 on: February 14, 2012, 03:32:30 PM »
OMG Union Cove is soooooooooooo awesome!  A HUGE thank you to everyone who was involved in it's creation!  <3

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #477 on: February 14, 2012, 09:33:01 PM »
I'm sorry I haven't been adding feedback on anything that wasn't correct, it's just with my bad card the lagging is so bad in UC I don't play there much. Hopefully when I get my new card I will be able to finally explore it the way I want to. From what I have seen and done, it's gorgeous! I really do love it there and if not for my card it would be my new favorite world!! Maybe next month!  ;D

Offline Teacup Chihuahua

• Occult
« Reply #478 on: February 15, 2012, 03:01:59 PM »
Huge thanks Anushka! I will get busy playing straight away (a bit off topic  :P) love your builds and have them bookmaked ;D)

Hazel H.

« Reply #479 on: February 16, 2012, 01:23:51 PM »
I love Union Cove!!  This world is great!

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #480 on: February 16, 2012, 04:44:33 PM »
I started playing NormaJean Mortensen.  Her colleages are Drey Kular and Charlie Sheen (no surprise there).  Big surprise is the Film studio boss - Joe Marsden. ;D  And despite not having any of the appropriate traits, NormaJean wants to learn to cook, garden and fish!  Also the top cop is hitting on her big time.  What a wonderful collection of personalities is this place.

I love the way that this world is set out so logically.  It's fantastic to have the like facilities in close proximity i.e. the School and the Library and the Stadium and the Gym.  Kudoos to the town planners.  I especially love the Art Gallery.  Much better than anything seen in the standard EA worlds (only exception is Champs Les Sims - best museum/gallery ever).
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline Teacup Chihuahua

• Occult
« Reply #481 on: February 17, 2012, 07:38:47 AM »
Hi have just been mooching around the Cove, in edit town mode Clicked on Charlie Sheen as I was curious,  Brilliant ;D (had a mouth full of coffee that I snorted up my nose when I read his traits lol) Also how did you get The King to drive his big black bus around town? ,very cool 8) As I have said before this world is amazing 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #482 on: February 17, 2012, 08:01:27 AM »
Hi have just been mooching around the Cove, in edit town mode Clicked on Charlie Sheen as I was curious,  Brilliant ;D (had a mouth full of coffee that I snorted up my nose when I read his traits lol) Also how did you get The King to drive his big black bus around town? ,very cool 8) As I have said before this world is amazing

The Black Bus is a Music Career Reward which is like getting the Limo for being a Celebrity, if no other mode of transport is selected they use the bus automatically, instead of the taxi.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Teacup Chihuahua

• Occult
« Reply #483 on: February 17, 2012, 08:06:54 AM »
Thanks  samoht04 have not played that LTW may give it a go now 8)

secundo

« Reply #484 on: February 18, 2012, 11:38:41 AM »
Firstly, I apologize if my questions have been asked before, but perusing 20 pages of replies... uh, my eyes started swimming.

So:

• Can I play this world without Pets? What will happen if I play it without Pets? (Note: I have *all* other EPs, except Pets).
  • I like one of the Twallan's mods. Anyone have any experience playing this world with them? For example:
  • Does it cause significant performance hit?
  • Do other strange things happen, since this mod forces deletion of many 'homeless sims' before reinstating those absolutely needed by lots?

Thank you very much for your answers.

And of course: PRAISES to the team who developed this world! Looks *very* beautiful, and I really can't wait to play it  :D

Edited by Anushka

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #485 on: February 18, 2012, 01:33:18 PM »
Hi Secundo, welcome to the forum :) I modified your post as we are not allowing naming mods and mod discussion here.

As for the questions, yes you can play this world without Pets. You'll need to use saved file we provided and start your game from there - these are the steps:
1.Download UC.
2.Install UC
3.Download ziped save file
4.Extract folder from zip file into Saves
5.Start your game from saved file in main menu

This way all Pets content will be deleted and mostly replaced - You'll get 1 rabbithole missing (large center for horses) and it will probably look very odd, while 4 more lots are special for pets, but you'll be able to use them anyway as they are not rabbitholes. Several residential lots have objects for pets, and of course many households have pets too, but game will simply delete all animals and spec objects for them. I think the most obvious things missing is the Equestrian Center rabbithole and few rocks in the crater, and stables in most farms and large houses.
About the mod you mention, I used it to test the world for routing issues and it does add a lagg - but my PC is weak anyway so it realy dependes on your PC configuration. Union Cove is huge and will push your PC to the limits much more than any EA made world. Send me a PM if you have more questions about this, or contact Twallan himself, as he is a member here too and he is open for communication ;)
And thank you for praises, it was a great pleasure to be a part of such a team, and involved in such a project, so having everyone else loving it as much as we do is awesome!

I'm playtesting the updated version and hopefully you all should be able to have it - all reported issues are fixed and few more we find ourselves. It should run smoother as there are less NPC spawning and stairs are fixed, among other things :)

secundo

« Reply #486 on: February 20, 2012, 05:09:48 AM »
Hi Secundo, welcome to the forum :) I modified your post as we are not allowing naming mods and mod discussion here.
Thank you for the warm welcome... and sorry about naming the mods, my bad  :-[

As for the questions, yes you can play this world without Pets. You'll need to use saved file we provided and start your game from there - these are the steps:
1.Download UC.
2.Install UC
3.Download ziped save file
4.Extract folder from zip file into Saves
5.Start your game from saved file in main menu

This way all Pets content will be deleted and mostly replaced - You'll get 1 rabbithole missing (large center for horses) and it will probably look very odd, while 4 more lots are special for pets, but you'll be able to use them anyway as they are not rabbitholes. Several residential lots have objects for pets, and of course many households have pets too, but game will simply delete all animals and spec objects for them. I think the most obvious things missing is the Equestrian Center rabbithole and few rocks in the crater, and stables in most farms and large houses.
Ah, thank you for the explanation! I already can foresee hours of happiness in this beautiful world ;D

About the mod you mention, I used it to test the world for routing issues and it does add a lagg - but my PC is weak anyway so it realy dependes on your PC configuration. Union Cove is huge and will push your PC to the limits much more than any EA made world. Send me a PM if you have more questions about this, or contact Twallan himself, as he is a member here too and he is open for communication ;)
And thank you for praises, it was a great pleasure to be a part of such a team, and involved in such a project, so having everyone else loving it as much as we do is awesome!

I'm playtesting the updated version and hopefully you all should be able to have it - all reported issues are fixed and few more we find ourselves. It should run smoother as there are less NPC spawning and stairs are fixed, among other things :)
An updated version already?! Wow, the team surely is dedicated  :-*

I think I'll take my chances and try it with Twallan's mods. And report whatever happens to him directly.

Again, thank you!

Offline Superstorm

• Nooboo
  • Don't worry! I'll only set it a little on fire!
« Reply #487 on: February 20, 2012, 11:58:11 AM »
First off, first post! Woo!  ;D

Second I love his mod and have been enjoying the mod so far. I may be being impatient and it may have been mentioned before but I must ask two things:

Are there celebrities?
Are there vampires?

As I said, I'm enjoying the mod so far but I would like to know. (I have Late Night, so I should be able to see them. I downloaded the save file as I do not own all the packs)

Thanks for any help!

Offline Seera1024

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #488 on: February 20, 2012, 12:23:14 PM »
There are no vampires in Union Cove at the start. There is at least one celebrity.

However, if you have Story Progression turned on, the game will generate vampires and celebrities.

Hazel H.

« Reply #489 on: February 20, 2012, 01:17:08 PM »
Thanks for all your efforts, Anushka!

I'm playing in UC lately.  I deleted the giant castle in town to help speed it up a little.  I also lowered some of my graphics rendering, and now I can play UC on Speed +4. 

The only tiny little issue I am having with UC is that there seem to be no other children in the town for my Sims' kids to meet.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #490 on: February 21, 2012, 01:02:05 AM »

LOL, thank you for the compliment about Charlie Sheen! He was created by me, and lives with my Sim-self. ;D (Feel free to give her/me the big curly hair from Showtime, as that's my real life hair). The King really is awesome. I played around with it, but I'm waiting to have all the SP's to really explore UC, so I don't have to use any save files.

Did you enjoy Charlie Sheen talking to himself?

Offline Korva

• Townie
« Reply #491 on: February 21, 2012, 06:30:24 PM »
There sure is some great work in this world, even though I can't fully appreciate it since I don't have LN or WA so some lots look quite gutted, and others rather different from the screenshots. I'm just in awe of the creativity here.  :D My favourites are probably purely decorative little touches like the "sauna" at the gym or the "diving boards" at the pool. Those are certainly two features that I wish were actually in the game!

I'm almost tempted to get the two missing expansions so I can see this (and other user-made content) as it's meant to be, but I don't care for their features, just the items. If I were to pick one, which adds more to the full Union Cove experience? I'd guess Late Night, with bars, hot tubs, dance floors and the like. What and how much does WA contribute in comparison?

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #492 on: February 21, 2012, 09:58:12 PM »
There sure is some great work in this world, even though I can't fully appreciate it since I don't have LN or WA so some lots look quite gutted, and others rather different from the screenshots. I'm just in awe of the creativity here.  :D My favourites are probably purely decorative little touches like the "sauna" at the gym or the "diving boards" at the pool. Those are certainly two features that I wish were actually in the game!

I'm almost tempted to get the two missing expansions so I can see this (and other user-made content) as it's meant to be, but I don't care for their features, just the items. If I were to pick one, which adds more to the full Union Cove experience? I'd guess Late Night, with bars, hot tubs, dance floors and the like. What and how much does WA contribute in comparison?

Hi Korva, welcome to the forum! I wouldn't want you feeling forced to buy an expansion pack you don't want, but if you were to pick one for Union Cove you'd definitely be better off with Late Night; not only are there bars and clubs to go to, but there's also a couple of apartment buildings and hot tubs scattered around the town. By contrast, World Adventures only really adds a few extra items, some mausoleums, and a dive pool under the fishing spot. We left out most of the WA features (such as the nectary and martial arts academy) because we wanted to keep the world balanced.

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #493 on: February 21, 2012, 11:49:31 PM »
I found that without World Adventures installed most of the trees were missing from around the town. The empty spaces could easily be filled in with other trees though.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #494 on: February 22, 2012, 12:23:49 AM »
Right, the trees! I forgot about those.  :-[

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #495 on: February 22, 2012, 09:48:50 AM »
An updated UC is coming very soon, probably within the next day or two. I'll send out an email notification to our members and post here when I've got it uploaded. Anushka is checking on a couple little last issues, then it's just up to me  to get it distributed. Cheers :)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #496 on: February 22, 2012, 11:03:33 AM »
An updated UC is coming very soon, probably within the next day or two. I'll send out an email notification to our members and post here when I've got it uploaded. Anushka is checking on a couple little last issues, then it's just up to me  to get it distributed. Cheers :)

Yey! I didn't download UC yet because I need to keep my laptop free of any further pressure until August when I get my new computer, but that's great to hear! UC is going to be like a second birthday present for me when I'm finally able to download it on my new computer! :D

Offline Korva

• Townie
« Reply #497 on: February 22, 2012, 12:43:09 PM »
Thanks! I'm mainly worried about the celebrity/stalker issue with LN, which I expect could really ruin my game. But the chance to see more content and have more options for building/decoration is still tempting.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for the updated version of UC before I decide.  :)

Offline Piggypox

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #498 on: February 22, 2012, 08:27:13 PM »
Yay! Waiting eagerly for the updated version. =)

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #499 on: February 24, 2012, 11:58:35 PM »

Will it be a bit smaller? Will that mean I have to uninstall the old version, and bring in the new? Also will MSS be included in some of the furnishings?

anything