Author Topic: Union Cove - The Forum's World  (Read 189183 times)

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
Re: Union Cove - The Forum's World
« Reply #500 on: February 25, 2012, 12:51:55 AM »
Will it be a bit smaller? Will that mean I have to uninstall the old version, and bring in the new? Also will MSS be included in some of the furnishings?

It will be smaller in file size, around 3mb less than it is now, but world itself will be the same size. It will mean you'll have to uninstall the old version, but no content from MSS will be included. 
We'll provide list of things changed, as well as steps to replace the old one with the updated version :)

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #501 on: February 25, 2012, 12:55:31 AM »
Smaller in file size, but not in world size? Because of my graphic card I can't play in UC, well I could but the lagging keeps it from being enjoyable and I really want to enjoy all your guys hard work. So the new version, would it still lag? I'm hoping to get my new card next month, so hopefully than this conversation would be a moot point, but until than could I play?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

secundo

« Reply #502 on: February 25, 2012, 05:14:40 AM »
An updated UC is coming very soon, probably within the next day or two. I'll send out an email notification to our members and post here when I've got it uploaded. Anushka is checking on a couple little last issues, then it's just up to me  to get it distributed. Cheers :)
Wot?!?! I thot I had already experienced 1 update and now another?!?!

(Not to be misunderstood: The above is not a complain. It's just... a longer version of "Whoa! AWESOME work, team!" from me :D )

Lucky me, haven't installed the world yet, so I can go straight to the latest and (surely) greatest. ;)

*Twiddling thumbs waiting for the new update

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #503 on: February 25, 2012, 07:39:20 PM »
I'm in the process of doing these uploads for the new version of UC. It will be available by tomorrow morning forum time.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #504 on: February 25, 2012, 09:58:31 PM »
The update is live, way ahead of schedule. :) Here's a snip of the changes from Anushka.:

List of things changed:
-beach lot is lined with a path
-2 floating trees fixed
-2 streetlight blocking the driveway moved, one floating street light fixed, few other moved slightely
-apartment mailboxes fixed
-reduced number of bars in all venues
-removed parking place under the fondation of the bar
-fixed waterfall (effects and rocks)
-removed trashcan and functional subway
-spiral stairs fixed everywhere
-removed Ingleses family
-added skilles for Brustles family
-added azaleas in peninsula with ruined column
-added few rare pet spawners
-fixed typos in descriptions
-fixed routing issue in Thyme house
-removed floating flower bush in Voice house
-removed several doubled trees (two on one place)
-emptied household inventories (mostly books)
-fixed chess sets in Exclusive lounge
-added 3 special NPC characters(pizza delivery, maid and repairman)

So, a lot of little issues are fix and players should see some performance improvement thanks to several of those things. :) Thanks again to team UC me and cheers to everyone who posted errors to help compile a list of problems to correct.

Online sdhoey

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #505 on: February 26, 2012, 10:03:18 AM »
I got a question? How will this effect my Immortal Dynasty? As in friends and what not?

Offline ZapKid

• Electronic Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • I'm doing an internet! Woooahhh!
« Reply #506 on: February 26, 2012, 11:02:30 AM »
So... will it update automatically? Or do I have to do it manually? :)
And yay for the update! :)
Find my builds here. | Last Created; Cubeached
Also, feel free to request a home by PMing me! Always happy to help.

Hey guys I'm taking an extended hiatus... again. I'm out of ideas to build houses and I don't have as much fun designing homes like I used to; it feels more like a chore. So that's where I'll be, I will probably be back sometime. :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #507 on: February 26, 2012, 11:14:28 AM »
So... will it update automatically? Or do I have to do it manually? :)
And yay for the update! :)

You've got to do it manually. The instructions are on the download page of what to do.  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline ZapKid

• Electronic Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • I'm doing an internet! Woooahhh!
« Reply #508 on: February 26, 2012, 11:25:26 AM »
You've got to do it manually. The instructions are on the download page of what to do.  :)

Wait, do I just press the download button again? I can't find any instructions.  :-[
Find my builds here. | Last Created; Cubeached
Also, feel free to request a home by PMing me! Always happy to help.

Hey guys I'm taking an extended hiatus... again. I'm out of ideas to build houses and I don't have as much fun designing homes like I used to; it feels more like a chore. So that's where I'll be, I will probably be back sometime. :P

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #509 on: February 26, 2012, 12:21:28 PM »
I'm sorry everyone, but I'm asking you to wait with download again :(
I playtested it in 3 Sim weeks and find 1 serious issue plus 2 minor ones, and am saving changes as I type. As soon as I'm done, I'll sent Carl the file that has passed all the tests.
Again, sorry for inconvinience.

For those who already started challenges/dynasties etc that has strickt rules, you can wait with this updated version untill you finish the challenge, as we are not allowed to move families around. For everyone else, it will bring the same change to your family as will moving them from SV to BP would - relationships outside household and opportunities are canceled, but skills, jobs, inventories, relationships in household, and of course the house you build - will be the same.

Zapkid, you download it the same way you download the first version, make shore you did all the steps before (save households, uninstall and delete old UC and delete cache files).

Again, sorry for this, it will be resolved as soon as possible.

Online sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #510 on: February 26, 2012, 12:24:49 PM »

Thanks Anushka... I'll work on my dynasty more just in the second generation.. the third is on it's way..

I'm sorry everyone, but I'm asking you to wait with download again :(
I playtested it in 3 Sim weeks and find 1 serious issue plus 2 minor ones, and am saving changes as I type. As soon as I'm done, I'll sent Carl the file that has passed all the tests.
Again, sorry for inconvinience.

For those who already started challenges/dynasties etc that has strickt rules, you can wait with this updated version untill you finish the challenge, as we are not allowed to move families around. For everyone else, it will bring the same change to your family as will moving them from SV to BP would - relationships outside household and opportunities are canceled, but skills, jobs, inventories, relationships in household, and of course the house you build - will be the same.

Zapkid, you download it the same way you download the first version, make shore you did all the steps before (save households, uninstall and delete old UC and delete cache files).

Again, sorry for this, it will be resolved as soon as possible.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #511 on: February 26, 2012, 12:32:43 PM »
It looks as if we might get the Showtime patch early next week, so people might want to wait to download the new Union Cove.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #512 on: February 27, 2012, 11:33:45 AM »
Anushka, when will we know when your new fixes are incorporated to the download file?

Offline Kasumitkhs

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #513 on: February 27, 2012, 12:41:22 PM »
Anushka, when will we know when your new fixes are incorporated to the download file?
Didn't Carl say something about an email notification will be sent out? Or something like that?

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #514 on: February 27, 2012, 12:49:34 PM »
Well, version 2 is already up. I was wondering if these fixes are already included or not. I downloaded version 2 yesterday but then I saw this post, so I'm not sure if Anushka's new fixes are already included or not.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #515 on: February 27, 2012, 01:17:27 PM »
Carl is on it, we'll let you know here on forum as well as with notification when it is replaced :)

Moons, check the library, if there are children books in children section than you got the latest one.

Offline Kasumitkhs

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #516 on: February 27, 2012, 01:33:21 PM »
Carl is on it, we'll let you know here on forum as well as with notification when it is replaced :)

Moons, check the library, if there are children books in children section than you got the latest one.
So this new version... is it version 2 or 3?

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #517 on: February 27, 2012, 03:03:09 PM »
It's version 2, and the new download link is available. You can update your UC versions now. Please follow the instructions next to the link. These download mirror sites have a lot of ads that look like download buttons. Using my note will keep you on track.

Edit: UC Download Page

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #518 on: February 27, 2012, 04:22:40 PM »
It's version 2, and the new download link is available. You can update your UC versions now. Please follow the instructions next to the link. These download mirror sites have a lot of ads that look like download buttons. Using my note will keep you on track.

Where's the new link and instructions?

Offline Sciffy Circo

• Nooboo
    • Sciffy Circo on Sims Exchange
« Reply #519 on: February 27, 2012, 06:28:24 PM »
I think I'll wait, as I've already modified the town to my liking.  Also, is it possible to rename one of them as say, version 2, so we'd technically have 2 versions of the same world in our "installed worlds" folder?  I'm guessing that would be done on my end.  I've been playing Lunar Lakes recently, but I wonder how Union Cove would look with some new buildings, hehehe!
Find me on Facebook, Sciffy's Sims Page

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #520 on: February 27, 2012, 06:32:39 PM »

Where's the new link and instructions?

It's probably the same one as the old link.  It will just have a new download attached to it.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #521 on: February 27, 2012, 06:57:30 PM »
It's on the UC download page :)

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #522 on: February 27, 2012, 07:00:24 PM »
Thanks for the update, Carl. I can see that it's different now. The download from yesterday was titled UnionCovev2_ and now it's just titled UC. I'm currently replacing the old one in all my sims 3 files. However, I will say that I liked how the first (version 2) one has the version number in the title instead of just a generic UC. I know it doesn't really affect anything, but it helped me keep things straight on which UC I was adding and which one I needed to remove. Thanks again!

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #523 on: February 27, 2012, 08:13:55 PM »
My bad. It would be a lot to upload it again, but what you can do is rename the file before you install it. That's all :)

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #524 on: February 27, 2012, 08:33:08 PM »
My bad. It would be a lot to upload it again, but what you can do is rename the file before you install it. That's all :)

Oh, I wasn't suggesting you upload it again at all! Just a suggestion for the next update. ;)

anything