Author Topic: Union Cove - The Forum's World  (Read 356140 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: Union Cove - The Forum's World
« Reply #495 on: February 22, 2012, 09:48:50 AM »
An updated UC is coming very soon, probably within the next day or two. I'll send out an email notification to our members and post here when I've got it uploaded. Anushka is checking on a couple little last issues, then it's just up to me  to get it distributed. Cheers :)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #496 on: February 22, 2012, 11:03:33 AM »
An updated UC is coming very soon, probably within the next day or two. I'll send out an email notification to our members and post here when I've got it uploaded. Anushka is checking on a couple little last issues, then it's just up to me  to get it distributed. Cheers :)

Yey! I didn't download UC yet because I need to keep my laptop free of any further pressure until August when I get my new computer, but that's great to hear! UC is going to be like a second birthday present for me when I'm finally able to download it on my new computer! :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Korva

• Townie
« Reply #497 on: February 22, 2012, 12:43:09 PM »
Thanks! I'm mainly worried about the celebrity/stalker issue with LN, which I expect could really ruin my game. But the chance to see more content and have more options for building/decoration is still tempting.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for the updated version of UC before I decide.  :)

Offline Piggypox

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #498 on: February 22, 2012, 08:27:13 PM »
Yay! Waiting eagerly for the updated version. =)

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #499 on: February 24, 2012, 11:58:35 PM »

Will it be a bit smaller? Will that mean I have to uninstall the old version, and bring in the new? Also will MSS be included in some of the furnishings?

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #500 on: February 25, 2012, 12:51:55 AM »
Will it be a bit smaller? Will that mean I have to uninstall the old version, and bring in the new? Also will MSS be included in some of the furnishings?

It will be smaller in file size, around 3mb less than it is now, but world itself will be the same size. It will mean you'll have to uninstall the old version, but no content from MSS will be included. 
We'll provide list of things changed, as well as steps to replace the old one with the updated version :)

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #501 on: February 25, 2012, 12:55:31 AM »
Smaller in file size, but not in world size? Because of my graphic card I can't play in UC, well I could but the lagging keeps it from being enjoyable and I really want to enjoy all your guys hard work. So the new version, would it still lag? I'm hoping to get my new card next month, so hopefully than this conversation would be a moot point, but until than could I play?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

secundo

« Reply #502 on: February 25, 2012, 05:14:40 AM »
Wot?!?! I thot I had already experienced 1 update and now another?!?!

(Not to be misunderstood: The above is not a complain. It's just... a longer version of "Whoa! AWESOME work, team!" from me :D )

Lucky me, haven't installed the world yet, so I can go straight to the latest and (surely) greatest. ;)

*Twiddling thumbs waiting for the new update

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #503 on: February 25, 2012, 07:39:20 PM »
I'm in the process of doing these uploads for the new version of UC. It will be available by tomorrow morning forum time.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #504 on: February 25, 2012, 09:58:31 PM »
The update is live, way ahead of schedule. :) Here's a snip of the changes from Anushka.:

List of things changed:
-beach lot is lined with a path
-2 floating trees fixed
-2 streetlight blocking the driveway moved, one floating street light fixed, few other moved slightely
-apartment mailboxes fixed
-reduced number of bars in all venues
-removed parking place under the fondation of the bar
-fixed waterfall (effects and rocks)
-removed trashcan and functional subway
-spiral stairs fixed everywhere
-removed Ingleses family
-added skilles for Brustles family
-added azaleas in peninsula with ruined column
-added few rare pet spawners
-fixed typos in descriptions
-fixed routing issue in Thyme house
-removed floating flower bush in Voice house
-removed several doubled trees (two on one place)
-emptied household inventories (mostly books)
-fixed chess sets in Exclusive lounge
-added 3 special NPC characters(pizza delivery, maid and repairman)

So, a lot of little issues are fix and players should see some performance improvement thanks to several of those things. :) Thanks again to team UC me and cheers to everyone who posted errors to help compile a list of problems to correct.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #505 on: February 26, 2012, 10:03:18 AM »
I got a question? How will this effect my Immortal Dynasty? As in friends and what not?

Offline ZapKid

• Electronic Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • I'm doing an internet! Woooahhh!
« Reply #506 on: February 26, 2012, 11:02:30 AM »
So... will it update automatically? Or do I have to do it manually? :)
And yay for the update! :)
Find my builds here. | Last Created; Cubeached
Also, feel free to request a home by PMing me! Always happy to help.

Hey guys I'm taking an extended hiatus... again. I'm out of ideas to build houses and I don't have as much fun designing homes like I used to; it feels more like a chore. So that's where I'll be, I will probably be back sometime. :P

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #507 on: February 26, 2012, 11:14:28 AM »
So... will it update automatically? Or do I have to do it manually? :)
And yay for the update! :)

You've got to do it manually. The instructions are on the download page of what to do.  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline ZapKid

• Electronic Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • I'm doing an internet! Woooahhh!
« Reply #508 on: February 26, 2012, 11:25:26 AM »
You've got to do it manually. The instructions are on the download page of what to do.  :)

Wait, do I just press the download button again? I can't find any instructions.  :-[
Find my builds here. | Last Created; Cubeached
Also, feel free to request a home by PMing me! Always happy to help.

Hey guys I'm taking an extended hiatus... again. I'm out of ideas to build houses and I don't have as much fun designing homes like I used to; it feels more like a chore. So that's where I'll be, I will probably be back sometime. :P

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #509 on: February 26, 2012, 12:21:28 PM »
I'm sorry everyone, but I'm asking you to wait with download again :(
I playtested it in 3 Sim weeks and find 1 serious issue plus 2 minor ones, and am saving changes as I type. As soon as I'm done, I'll sent Carl the file that has passed all the tests.
Again, sorry for inconvinience.

For those who already started challenges/dynasties etc that has strickt rules, you can wait with this updated version untill you finish the challenge, as we are not allowed to move families around. For everyone else, it will bring the same change to your family as will moving them from SV to BP would - relationships outside household and opportunities are canceled, but skills, jobs, inventories, relationships in household, and of course the house you build - will be the same.

Zapkid, you download it the same way you download the first version, make shore you did all the steps before (save households, uninstall and delete old UC and delete cache files).

Again, sorry for this, it will be resolved as soon as possible.

anything