Author Topic: Union Cove - The Forum's World  (Read 352911 times)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: Union Cove - The Forum's World
« Reply #540 on: March 09, 2012, 08:15:08 PM »
CSquared is right, adorkablefae. I'm glad you like the world, but that kind of language is completely inappropriate here. I would greatly appreciate it if you read the forum rules (the link is in my signature).

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #541 on: March 09, 2012, 09:03:00 PM »
@adorkablefae It is more likely High Detail Lots than the actual texture quality settings. Have you lowered that one yet? That just makes less objects render in neighboring lots which gives your processor more juice to work on the one you're looking at.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline adorkablefae

• Nooboo
« Reply #542 on: March 09, 2012, 10:54:40 PM »
Wow, I cant even remember what I said.  I did read the rules about the profanity and realized that I needed to turn on my filter and changed several words as I was posting, but I guess one slipped through.  Very very sorry!! Will be more careful from now on. 

Thanks Carl, I will definitely try that. May also look into actually overclocking now that I have a world installed that is anywhere near what my machine can handle, I just had no reason to before now.  Nothing else comes close, haha. 

But now I'm just even more excited about this world because its become extra geeky- so happy to have an excuse to max out my new build, yayyy!

(Don't think anything slipped through that one... Again super sorry about before; No one's perfect right?)

brianh

« Reply #543 on: March 10, 2012, 02:17:41 PM »
I wish I had come across this earlier, looks fantastic. I am pretty newish to the Sims, so I hope this isn't a bad question. What buildings do I need to put into Union Cove to make it work well with Showtime? If it's not possible yet, I will just finish my career in Starlight Shores and move in after that.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #544 on: March 10, 2012, 02:24:45 PM »
There is one of each type of Venue in the Edit Town Library which you can place in the World. You only need one of each to have a working Showtime Career. Alternatively, you can enter Buydebug, edit one of the Community Lots and place a Stage yourself and convert it to a Venue.  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #545 on: March 10, 2012, 09:46:57 PM »
I wanted to drop by and say a BIG Thank you to all who created and shared in making Union Cove. Hubby installed it on his computer the other night and had a peek-see and was Wowed!! We're very impressed!! Very well planned out!!

Thank you!! :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

brianh

« Reply #546 on: March 13, 2012, 10:01:33 AM »
Thanks for the help the other day Samoht. Everyone who built this world did a spectacular job. I found this house "Little Victor" to be the greatest thing I have ever seen in a Sims game, extra thumbs up to Danefaith.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #547 on: March 16, 2012, 12:08:50 AM »
There was only one link left working on the mirror creator site, so I linked that directly from the download page. If it fails, PM me asap to let me know I need to reupload it again and I'll get on it as fast as I possibly can. I'll work on adding more mirrors, but it seems like a lot of these file sharing sites are having problems :(

Offline Flynn Arrowstarr

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Semi-conscious
« Reply #548 on: March 16, 2012, 10:28:11 PM »
A big thanks to everyone who worked on Union Cove. It's one beautiful town. :)

Flynn
Check out Flynn's Fineries for houses, Sims and helpful articles.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

ccastley

« Reply #549 on: March 21, 2012, 03:31:52 PM »
Just wanted to say thank you for Union Cove.  Have just started playing it :)

Any plans to update the download with new Showtime lots?  I attempted to add them......it went ver very wrong lol. 

ETA: Just read further in and I see Carl has already said there will be updates, so ignore my irrelevant Q :D

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #550 on: March 21, 2012, 03:34:06 PM »
Since I haven't officially said it here yet, here I go:

What a MAGNIFICENT world you all have made!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU  :D :D :D

Union Cove is beautiful in many ways! It is not over the top, but well balanced indeed in a way EA never could I think, or never has done anyway. The lots are beautiful, so creative and the lay-out is well thought out. I can name every little detail, but it is just really the world I have been searching and searching for (seriously, you don't know how many worlds I have tried ::)) and I am so happy to have come across it when I was on this great website.
I am actually not exaggerating, seriously, I am very honest. I am a somewhat picky person and this world truly has all I wished for and much more!!!
Thank you for all your hard work! It is beautiful and I am really enjoying myself.

(I actually feel I haven't said it clearly enough yet ;D)
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

JulzK

« Reply #551 on: March 22, 2012, 11:07:08 PM »
This world looks amazing, Thank you to everyone for there hard work creating it!!!

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #552 on: March 23, 2012, 06:12:58 PM »
Is there an adventurer Sim in Union Cove?
If so, can someone tell me who that is? I would love to play with that Sim :)
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #553 on: March 24, 2012, 02:39:09 AM »
Thank you everyone, it is most rewarding to hear such a great feedback on our project we worked hard and lovingly for such a long time  ;D

Is there an adventurer Sim in Union Cove?
If so, can someone tell me who that is? I would love to play with that Sim :)
Yes there is, it is my Simself Adventurer/Collecting Queen - Angela Buznik, living on a Mod Hill. She does have a lovely toddler and a cat there too.  ;D She is one great adventurer and my favorite Sim ever (her picture is the first one in my signature)!

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #554 on: March 24, 2012, 09:18:45 PM »
Has anyone had trouble with taking a writing class at the business building in UC? I got an email about this and was curious if anyone else had the issue.

anything