Author Topic: Union Cove - The Forum's World  (Read 352579 times)

KateSterling

Re: Union Cove - The Forum's World
« Reply #570 on: March 27, 2012, 12:19:38 AM »
I'm sad to say that I was very excited to check your lovely world out but after two attempts to load the world, I crashed to desktop while selecting a household.  (Once while selecting a household, once while trying to move a family into a home).  I'll check out this thread ( http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,8363.msg169709.html#msg169709 ) which was linked on the download page for possibly being able to help with stability.  It did look really pretty in Town mode, though!   :)

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #571 on: March 27, 2012, 03:05:56 PM »
Code: [Select]
[url=www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,8517.0.html]here[/url]

So basically the code is:

Code: [Select]
[url=link]text to display[/url]

Which will display this: here

Thanks a lot!
Ok so let me test that with a nice picture of myself 8)

(my apologies for being a little off topic)
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Piggypox

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #572 on: March 28, 2012, 06:35:00 AM »
I was just wondering, will UC be updated for Showtime?

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #573 on: March 28, 2012, 01:20:13 PM »
I just discovered and downloaded Union Cove!  I'm excited to check it out!  Thanks to everyone who contributed.  :)

Hi Kate!  I'm currently updating some of the buildings in UC.  May I have your permission to use some of your art work in them?  Full credit to be given to you of course.

Yes, folks, UC IS being updated to accommodate Show Time.  At the moment only two already existing buildings have had things added, The Grange now has karaoke and a bull rider and juke boxes and Ratcliff Hall Country Club has a putting green, pool tables and domino tables.  Today I'll work on Kon-Fusion and possibly Pier Fun O Won which will become a large venue with an outdoor stage.  Since it is a "hangout", a new hangout will be built.  I'm thinking along the lines of a "Soda Shoppe" using those cool fruits and sweets.  The rest of the team is working on updating their buildings and making the other venue types so hopefully we'll have it soon.

Here's a sneak preview of what has been done so far.

Outdoor karaoke stage at The Grange.

Bull ride at The Grange.

New restroom, billiards room and small juice and coffee bar at the country club.

Putting greens.

When some Sim can't attend a class, the first thing to check is the time of day.  Classes are closed late at night.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #574 on: March 29, 2012, 04:43:10 AM »
It's looking good! But, with the Grange, you'll need to change the lot type (if you haven't already) to Live Show Venue or something.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #575 on: March 29, 2012, 05:10:29 PM »
Hi Gogo.  Nope, the Grange remains a Late Night venue, Dance Club.  I just added a karaoke machine to an already existing outdoor dance floor area just in case someone felt like a sing along.  lol  We are actually making the buildings and placing ST stuff in the remodel although I'm not sure how we'll handle the rabbit holes.

One of the things planned is remaking the Pier to be more of a ST venue.  It is just a Hang Out at the moment and that one will get changed to become a Live Show or something else appropriate.  I'm thinking of removing the pool and placing a stage area there in the center, and changing some of the interiors of the buildings to be more appropriate.  Maybe have the souvenir shop be full of posters for sale like you'd find at concerts during intermissions and add a few different game things to the Game Place building on the pier. 

We haven't completely agreed on whether or not we'll use these as they are or not, but if you want to replace the buildings with these I've remodeled, I'm adding the download for those of you who want to try them out.  Remember, these are not yet official.

What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

muddawg

« Reply #576 on: April 01, 2012, 06:17:49 PM »
Wow... Just Wow. I'm nearly without words.  I've been avoiding Sims for quite awhile now and only recently has my schedule opened up enough to play again. Last week, I made some progress on my second try at a Dynasty, only to have the first heir get smacked dead by a meteorite. Poor Fish Stick, she was cooked.

I went out and got Generations, Pets and Showtime all at once and came back to discover that my main drive was data-clogged and decided to do the dreaded 'full re-install' so I could put the whole thing on the backup disc drive.  While reloading everything and the kitchen sink, I took some time to peruse the guide a bit, just to preview what was new, cool and/or outrageous.

Imagine my surprise when I found the gift of the Forum. OMG OMG OMG! ZOINKS!  HULLABALOO! The preview pics of UC were dazzling, and I got very excited about playing it for the first time.   Finished with the re-load and went straight to UC.   I've been playing it nearly non-stop, wanting to get some serious exploration done before giving my Immortal Dynasty a third try, but I can't imagine playing in any other town after this one, ever again.  Even the wife was so impressed she wanted to play.  So we've been playing nice and taking turns with my little explorer family.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, everyone who has touched this project.   Truly a Masterpiece for the Ages, and thank you everyone who donated anything.  This is going to suck up many, many hours of playtime in the weeks and months (and likely years) to come.

Mud

P.S.  Thanks again for the marvelous town, I look forward to bringing the Stick Dynasty to life for the third (and hopefully final, successful) time in a Union Cove near you.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #577 on: April 02, 2012, 12:34:09 PM »
I've downloaded this town and have really been enjoying looking at the households.  They are so beautiful and well designed.  One small nitpick that I have with it is a lot of the family descriptions have grammatical errors.  I'd like to volunteer to help with their editing for the next version, in case you'd be interested.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #578 on: April 02, 2012, 01:10:18 PM »
I've downloaded this town and have really been enjoying looking at the households.  They are so beautiful and well designed.  One small nitpick that I have with it is a lot of the family descriptions have grammatical errors.  I'd like to volunteer to help with their editing for the next version, in case you'd be interested.

Could you compile a list of the ones you have noticed so that we know which ones to look out for? Next time I open UC up which will be to build some Showtime Additions I'll also make a list of ones I spot.  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #579 on: April 02, 2012, 01:22:32 PM »
Could you compile a list of the ones you have noticed so that we know which ones to look out for? Next time I open UC up which will be to build some Showtime Additions I'll also make a list of ones I spot.  :)
Sure, I'll make a list and PM them to you.

Offline Maladru

• Nooboo
« Reply #580 on: April 03, 2012, 07:27:32 AM »
Wanted to say Thanks, my daughter and I love the world!
Also working on my 5 posts to get newsletter updates  :)

OzyWizard

« Reply #581 on: April 04, 2012, 05:21:32 AM »
First of all thank you to all the people that made Union Cove.

But am I the only person having trouble with Metro’s Mansion by Danefaith in Union Cove?

I haven't found anywhere in The Sims that lets you use 2 doors directions on an elevator. So the deco elevator on the top floor needs to be turn anti-clockwise 90 degrees.

The basement elevator is 1 square off so it needs to moved closer to the basement bathroom.

I also have troubles with my sim walking around into the master bedroom (next to the fireplace) to try and get books from the right side of the big TV.

I guess Metro’s Mansion by Danefaith wasn't fully tested before being added to Union Cove.
Also, I found that 3 out of car parks work. If you remove the car from the parking next to the fence or the motor bike, they won't go back.

I love use the Union Cove and will keep using it.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #582 on: April 05, 2012, 03:25:19 AM »
Are any new households being added in for Showtime?  A household of performers would be pretty cool.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #583 on: April 05, 2012, 04:46:52 AM »
Are any new households being added in for Showtime?  A household of performers would be pretty cool.

There were no planned additions currently for new Sims to be added, the idea had completely slipped me by that there may be a need for some performing talent to have to shine!  :)

But am I the only person having trouble with Metro’s Mansion by Danefaith in Union Cove?

Thanks for raising this possible issue. I'll check in my game and see if I experience the same thing.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #584 on: April 06, 2012, 09:40:56 PM »
There were no planned additions currently for new Sims to be added, the idea had completely slipped me by that there may be a need for some performing talent to have to shine!  :)

May I contribute with my idol, Lady Gaga? It's going to be a huge challenge for me, being that it will be CC free, of course, and the outfits are a bit too...plain. But I think Gaga would make a great edition with the following traits:
-Insane
-Good
-Natural Born Performer
-Dramatic
-Star Quality

Or Virtuoso instead of Dramatic.

anything