Author Topic: Union Cove - The Forum's World  (Read 352716 times)

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Union Cove - The Forum's World
« Reply #720 on: July 25, 2012, 07:10:52 AM »
Downloaded and it works fine, im just wondering, some of the households doesnt have a picture in the overview when you are trying to choose household.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #721 on: July 25, 2012, 07:12:26 AM »
I was just playing and found something that I think shouldn't be there. There is an empty lot on the path between the Science Centre and the Military Base. It's 50 x50 and supposed to be a Big Show Venue.

Downloaded and it works fine, im just wondering, some of the households doesnt have a picture in the overview when you are trying to choose household.
That was happening with me too.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #722 on: July 25, 2012, 10:16:07 AM »
Removed the lot behind the crater and fixed version is available for download, thank you for noticing that fast enough. About household pictures not showing up - I checked again, and all are showing, but in households with many Sims in, it takes time to load the picture. Could't find any household that didn't show picture eventually.

Thanks, Ana

Offline SBNao1

• Nooboo
« Reply #723 on: July 25, 2012, 12:52:20 PM »
Just to make sure, downloading the new version without all the expansions (ie I don't have Showtime) is still the same; download the saved file version and put it into your game as well as downloading the hood itself, yes? Double checking as I've gotten a new computer a few days ago and have to reinstall everything.

And as a side note, Anushka, were you able to experience the glitch with the movie studio lot, or was that just my game spazing out?

Offline edyjunya

• Nooboo
« Reply #724 on: July 26, 2012, 02:23:58 PM »
Hi Anushka .

First of all Thanks Team Union Cove

The download link im getting for UC is V2. Is it the Showtime Updated Version with the lot behind the crater removed or should i be seeing a V3 ?

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #725 on: July 26, 2012, 04:07:13 PM »
Just to make sure, downloading the new version without all the expansions (ie I don't have Showtime) is still the same; download the saved file version and put it into your game as well as downloading the hood itself, yes? Double checking as I've gotten a new computer a few days ago and have to reinstall everything.

And as a side note, Anushka, were you able to experience the glitch with the movie studio lot, or was that just my game spazing out?

Yes, yes and no :D Yes you should have both installation file and saved file to play in UC if you don't have all EP, and start with saved file. And no, I couldn't recreate the bug you mentioned. I did reset all objects in world anyway, so hope you'll see it fixed in your game too, and no new strange bugs to appear. Thank you for noting that and hope you'll enjoy the game there :D

Hi Anushka .

First of all Thanks Team Union Cove

The download link im getting for UC is V2. Is it the Showtime Updated Version with the lot behind the crater removed or should i be seeing a V3 ?

Thank you! Since the only change is that lot being removed and trees put back there, it is not named as new version, but is simply replaced on server when I posted that. So you should be getting V2 - updated with ST EP lots, but without the empty lot near crater :)

Offline SBNao1

• Nooboo
« Reply #726 on: July 27, 2012, 08:50:55 PM »
The movie studio lot absoutely refuses to work properly for me. I've installed and used the pre made file, I've installed without using it. I removed any custom content from the game, made sure to delete caches...nothing. Still gives me 7AM - 2PM for the hours for the first job instead of the 1PM - 7PM that it's supposed to. I even used a sim already in the neighborhood instead of making one myself. Nothing. Even tried putting down the EA lot again to see if that worked, and still nothing.

Is there a way for me to reset my lots in game so I can see if that fixes the problem? I'd hate to have that be the only thing in the hood not working for me; it locks me out of the Film careers entirely as there's no way for the Sims to complete any of the mini jobs that come with it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #727 on: July 28, 2012, 11:03:18 AM »
I actually think when i have played the movie careers in other towns than brigdeport that i had other working hours too, so i think you cant do anything against it.

Offline SBNao1

• Nooboo
« Reply #728 on: July 28, 2012, 01:34:54 PM »
LenaLJ I believe you're right. When I tested before I went straight to Bridgeport...when I tried to put a movie lot in Appalosa Plains it suddenly had the wrong hours. I've done a fresh install and made sure not to put in any store or custom content, made sure the game was properly patched and the movie studio still doesn't give the correct hours if I put it on any hood besides Bridgeport. I think this is just an example of EA not correctly coding the object to work in other neighborhoods.  So Anushka, you don't have to worry about testing it anymore -- it's just not working because UC isn't Bridgeport. Heck, I even tried tricking the game by selecting the movie career from the mailbox cheat and not from the lot itself and it still doesn't give correct hours. I think I'm just SOL on that one.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #729 on: July 28, 2012, 01:44:05 PM »
Bridgeport does late hours for all careers not just the movie lots.   When I first got LN, I thought it was a mistake because they didn't want my policeman to go in until like 11 when in every other two prior to BP it was 7 am.   So you can't judge what the hours "should be" by Bridgeport standards.  It has later hours to accommodate all those "late nights" you should be having at the clubs.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline donatello

• "Dreamin' dreams to oneday carve in stone..." - Prime Circle
  • Occult
  • Just as well my sims game is unplayable (stupid update issues!) I don't have time these days anyway.
« Reply #730 on: July 28, 2012, 03:02:37 PM »
Ok so where do I find the download link? UC sounds awesome! Also, ummm... I was BORN an architect. I'll build anything. Sims. Houses. Worlds. Tombs (woohoo!). ANYTHING. I've been playing Sims3 for over two years now and though I know that isn't much, I do build very well I think. I do have the perfectionist and genius traits, after all... So without any more convincing: PLEASE seriously consider me for any required design work? Oh, and did I mention I am a graphic designer... Thanks for putting up with my efforts to get involved, hahaha!
"Life is not worth living unless lived for someone else" - Albert Einstein
"The only history worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today" - Henry Ford
"If it feels like you have everything under control, you're simply not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #731 on: July 28, 2012, 04:19:11 PM »
Look to the guide for the link.  It's on the front page. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline donatello

• "Dreamin' dreams to oneday carve in stone..." - Prime Circle
  • Occult
  • Just as well my sims game is unplayable (stupid update issues!) I don't have time these days anyway.
« Reply #732 on: July 28, 2012, 06:04:35 PM »
Ok thanks, found it. Now one last thing before I download: the download page says UC is 125MB. But my browser's pre-download page says it is only 105,9MB. I don't have anything approaching unlimited data, so I just want to make sure I'm downloading the right file. The save file is fine, no discrepancy is really possible since no size is claimed to start with.
"Life is not worth living unless lived for someone else" - Albert Einstein
"The only history worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today" - Henry Ford
"If it feels like you have everything under control, you're simply not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #733 on: July 29, 2012, 08:45:16 AM »
Two strange questions:

1. Was there any custom sky/light parameters set by messing with the INI files? This is mostly a matter of curiosity to me.

2. Does anyone reproduce under EA's Story Progression? Once I feel like doing an immortal dynasty, I really want to do it in UC, but I don't want a town of immigrants 1 generation into playing.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #734 on: July 29, 2012, 08:59:37 AM »
Ok thanks, found it. Now one last thing before I download: the download page says UC is 125MB. But my browser's pre-download page says it is only 105,9MB. I don't have anything approaching unlimited data, so I just want to make sure I'm downloading the right file. The save file is fine, no discrepancy is really possible since no size is claimed to start with.

You probably downloaded it by now. World file is in zip format and that is probably why you got aproximate size different from final size of the file. There is only one version of the UC available at server so there is no chance for wrong version or other misunderstandings :)

Two strange questions:

1. Was there any custom sky/light parameters set by messing with the INI files? This is mostly a matter of curiosity to me.

2. Does anyone reproduce under EA's Story Progression? Once I feel like doing an immortal dynasty, I really want to do it in UC, but I don't want a town of immigrants 1 generation into playing.

Glad to see some different questions, and I like your username ;)

1. No, there was no messing with .ini files, mostly because there was no reason for it as UC is realistic place where standard weather applies well, and changes there tend to apply on other words in same loaded game.

2.That is actually depending on your PC and randomness of the story progression. There are plenty of cribs in houses, and plenty of couples/Sims to reproduce, but if your PC can't handle all the townies it is more likely that there will not be new babies, but that Sims will move in and out of the town. There are few toodlers and babies, so first 2 generations of dynasty are likely to have "original" spouses. From what I read on forum, reproduction of original townies are happening, but .I find it rare even in SV to find descendants of original townies after 3 generations.

anything