Author Topic: Union Cove - The Forum's World  (Read 352820 times)

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
Re: Union Cove - The Forum's World
« Reply #795 on: September 11, 2012, 07:38:19 PM »
The answer I got was Pets.  Something in pets breaks the town when you try to get it without pets.
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Angel_Glitter

• Nooboo
« Reply #796 on: September 14, 2012, 08:57:47 AM »
I just found this site not too long ago, it's been an enormous help for many things. Last night I downloaded UC, and I just want to say how stunning everything looks. I just can't fathom how many hours must have gone into planning and designing it.

Not sure how playable it is for me; a lot of the houses aren't what I would call functional. I have Ambitions, WA, and Pets. But none of those expansions have the spiral staircases or elevators. A lot of the smaller house must have those because there is no way to get upstairs....and I'm not going to mess up the beauty of these houses by putting in a clunky staircase. I'm debating whether I should wait til such a time that I have more expansions that have spirals or elevators (which could take a very long time) or if I should attempt to move all the Sims around to functional houses for now.

But, I really came here to tell you that you all made a monumental effort to make something amazing and it's just so gorgeous. I haven't finished exploring it all but everything I have looked at is so cleverly and beautifully designed. Thank you!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hope512

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Union Cove
« Reply #797 on: September 28, 2012, 04:37:36 PM »
First I would like to say how much I like this town, it's beautiful, and this it's a brilliant joint effort. I wish EA Maxis would put this much imagination into their towns. I love the beach 'pier'. I've wanted something like this for ages. I've only just started and haven't met many sims, except two welcomed my family and helped themselves to autumn salad!

But I wasn't sure where to put this. I know I've read someone else asking for this but I've looked but can't remember where.

Please can you update Union Cove for Supernatural? I've tried to do it myself. I've had to put in some new lots and I can't find the Toadstool which is one of my favourite EP lots.

I've had the game crash, but I think I'll just have to remember to save often. It is a big world. I'm having trouble remembering where everything is!

Offline justme2

• Nooboo
« Reply #798 on: November 03, 2012, 03:03:49 PM »
Tried UC several months ago when it first came out, but had a lot of problems with it so uninstalled. Since then I've Boot Camped my Mac and now play Sims on the Windows side (was running into "unknown errors" when trying to install on the Mac side) and the game runs like a dream, so I'm going to give UC one more try -- absolutely loved it the brief time I played.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #799 on: November 10, 2012, 04:39:51 AM »
Please can you update Union Cove for Supernatural? I've tried to do it myself. I've had to put in some new lots and I can't find the Toadstool which is one of my favourite EP lots.

Currently any Union Cove updates are on hold, I believe Anushka is trying to fix the Pets issue and is also preoccupied by real-life. We have not decided whether we are to update or not to update yet. You can go into the Town where the Toadstool lot is and save it to your library and then be able to place it.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #800 on: November 10, 2012, 04:18:48 PM »
Currently any Union Cove updates are on hold, I believe Anushka is trying to fix the Pets issue and is also preoccupied by real-life. We have not decided whether we are to update or not to update yet. You can go into the Town where the Toadstool lot is and save it to your library and then be able to place it.

WOuldn't it be better to wait for Seasons to update, then multiple versions can come out at once, if the builders want to design their own festival lot for Union Cove?

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #801 on: November 10, 2012, 05:00:08 PM »
WOuldn't it be better to wait for Seasons to update, then multiple versions can come out at once, if the builders want to design their own festival lot for Union Cove?

Any updates will still be on hold unless we decide to update further.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #802 on: November 12, 2012, 07:23:27 PM »
Any updates will still be on hold unless we decide to update further.

Maybe soon there won't be enough place to add all things of new EP's.
I vote for a new forum world ;D
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #803 on: November 13, 2012, 02:56:17 AM »

Yeah that is one of the reasons why we are not 100% going to update for each new EP, for Showtime there was a lot of moving and shuffling in lot placements and trying to find enough space for these new lots. We want to be able to leave empty lots for people to choose from to build on or start the game with an empty lot.  :)

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #804 on: November 15, 2012, 12:51:12 AM »
I vote for a new forum world ;D

Hehehe

There is a big issue with CAW mechanism I have to deal with to make it playable without Pets so once that is done we will try to see if we can include new lots that came with latest 2 EP's. You will be posted on that.

In the meanwhile UC beach is finally usable and townies go to swim while I replaced white castle on mod hill with EA festival lot and all had great time there :

Seeing familiar Sims having fun and hanging out is priceless :D

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #805 on: November 15, 2012, 12:58:25 AM »

Carl rollerskating is utterly priceless. :P

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #806 on: November 15, 2012, 01:08:29 AM »
Especially since it looks like he's about to fall over.  ;D

Offline NicoleML

• Townie
« Reply #807 on: November 18, 2012, 11:02:21 AM »
Having played all the seasons in Union Cove I can honestly say it is the most beautiful of all the Sims 3 worlds. A little note to the town planners - the aliens use the path from the dynasty lot on Mod Hill down to the main part of town. I had two visit my practice Immortal Dynasty family and both used the path to get to their vehicle.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #808 on: November 20, 2012, 02:18:22 PM »
Thanks so much you guys for making this brilliant world.  Can't wait to start playing it.  Hope the guy who stole it gets his comeuppance.
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Chuckles_82

« Reply #809 on: November 20, 2012, 04:38:45 PM »
Someone stole it?! How?! Why?  :o

anything