Author Topic: Union Cove - The Forum's World  (Read 352673 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Union Cove - The Forum's World
« Reply #915 on: March 18, 2013, 02:54:47 PM »
Replacement buildings to correct problems in Union Cove can be found here:

http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?selectedAsstType=all&persona=Joriahplayer

I also posted my Vault of Antiquity.  Just place a 20x15 lot next to the library and put that build on it.  For the other things you have to bulldoze and then replace with the corrected builds.  If you are replacing the Festival Park make sure the world is in spring time as that was what I corrected.

What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Updating Union Cove
« Reply #916 on: March 19, 2013, 03:38:55 AM »
Ok, first... Hi!!! This is my first time posting on the Forum's. I use Carl's Guide all the time and then finally decided to make an account here. I do have some questions though about Union Cove. I absolutely love this world and always use it because it has everything in it and it is just so pretty. So, here are my questions....
Hi Avatre and welcome to the forum!.....

I'm merging this thread with the main Union Cove thread.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: What was updated with Supernatural/Seasons Union Cove?
« Reply #917 on: March 19, 2013, 03:40:32 AM »
Hi, I was looking for this on the world page, but couldn't find it....

Merging this thread to the main Union Cove thread as well.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
Union Cove
« Reply #918 on: March 25, 2013, 02:48:25 AM »
Are both The old one that requires pets and the new one the same. Or should I download both because they are different.
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #919 on: March 25, 2013, 07:28:44 AM »
The Seasons version is an update of the previous UC release, so you'd want to use that version.

To be honest with some bugs fixed within The Sims 3 related to installing worlds, I'm not sure why we still offer UC V2. Perhaps a team member will take notice and let me know if I can just remove that from the page.

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #920 on: March 25, 2013, 11:40:30 AM »
Ok thank you. The one with the snow is the new one right? And I should only get that one. Ok thanks :)

Also I am just wondering.... I mean how did you guys make it? Its just amazing! :) Thanks :)
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #921 on: March 25, 2013, 03:24:42 PM »
Yes, that's the new one.

It took a whole team to make it, filled with very talented builders and one great world builder who stitched it all together. Every building is from someone on this forum :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #922 on: March 25, 2013, 03:26:43 PM »
The Seasons version is an update of the previous UC release, so you'd want to use that version.

To be honest with some bugs fixed within The Sims 3 related to installing worlds, I'm not sure why we still offer UC V2. Perhaps a team member will take notice and let me know if I can just remove that from the page.

V2 does not have Seasons in it so would be a little smaller and easier for those who don't have Seasons and I don't think it's set up for SN either.  I'd keep it for awhile, Carl.  Not sure if there will be any changes for University but I know some updates will be in the works to correct the current, minor, issues

Ok thank you. The one with the snow is the new one right? And I should only get that one. Ok thanks :)

Also I am just wondering.... I mean how did you guys make it? Its just amazing! :) Thanks :)

Thank you for the kind words!  It was definitely a team effort with many ideas flying back and forth and each one of us doing our bit as time and real life allowed.  Anushka was and is our CAW builder/genius.  She learned how to use CAW building the world and put in thousands of hours of work on the layout and terrain, making it over and over on an old and very slow pc until we all felt it was perfect.  I don't think any one person could have done as well because with so many eyes on each piece any flaws were seen and fixed.  thngs an individual builder might miss.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #923 on: March 25, 2013, 03:39:09 PM »
Its just so cool. I mean how do you even get into CAW. It just blows my mind :)

Offline StarryEyedDreamer

• Nooboo
    • My Sims 3 Page
« Reply #924 on: March 25, 2013, 03:56:46 PM »
Sorry if this was mentioned before....but does anyone have a list of the Sims that inhabit the world?

Is it populated by offering a save file or how does that work? I am unable to play the world on my laptop, and the desktop is off campus, so my apologies for not being able to check myself.
Off saving Zelda *again*

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #925 on: March 25, 2013, 04:01:43 PM »
Sorry if this was mentioned before....but does anyone have a list of the Sims that inhabit the world?

Is it populated by offering a save file or how does that work? I am unable to play the world on my laptop, and the desktop is off campus, so my apologies for not being able to check myself.

The official townie list is on this thread. Note that it is split into two posts because there are a lot of townies in UC.

While there is a save file provided, the population is built into the world itself. So if you opened a fresh Union Cove, everyone would be there. The save file to for people who don't all the required EPs, as opening it without the save file would result in a game crash.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #926 on: March 25, 2013, 04:29:27 PM »
Its just so cool. I mean how do you even get into CAW. It just blows my mind :)

CAW is a free download you can get from the official, EA Sims3 website.  There is also a childboard for builders in this forum in the construction board.  I would post links but am responding on my hubbie's notebook and having a hard time figuring it out.  Technology challenged!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #927 on: March 25, 2013, 04:53:00 PM »
Thats awesome. Well i will loook for that download. Also with any future construction or build like that notify me because I would love to help :)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #928 on: March 25, 2013, 07:51:42 PM »
V2 does not have Seasons in it so would be a little smaller and easier for those who don't have Seasons and I don't think it's set up for SN either.  I'd keep it for awhile, Carl.  Not sure if there will be any changes for University but I know some updates will be in the works to correct the current, minor, issues

Thank you, Joria. I was unsure if the updates that have been released had made it so that you don't need either EP for the Seasons update to be the clear winner for everyone. In my mind I imagined that Seasons/SN content would be left out automatically, meaning some of the other small bugfixes could be enjoyed by people without owning either of them.

It seems even with the launcher fixes they put in a good portion of people are still unable to use UC due to PC memory limitations and bugs within the game itself. Sadly we can do little to nothing about either of those things while retaining the original vision of the World.

Offline Mahmeya

• Townie
« Reply #929 on: March 30, 2013, 09:51:36 AM »
After playing firefighter in UC for some time, I noticed that some houses with spiral staircases have pathing problems when you try to use them to go down.

On the other hand, good work with making the town hall having multiple entrances.

High school graduation would be much more pain if every sim had to use the same door.

anything