Author Topic: The Doe Dynasty. [Complete but not HoF.]  (Read 48457 times)

loveSims

Re: The Doe Dynasty. Episode 10: Even Non-Immortals Supermax Painting.
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2012, 04:01:26 PM »
Congrats with the wedding. Can't wait to meet the nooboo! :)

Offline Orange Iguana

• Laziness Leads to Brilliance
  • Occult
The Doe Dynasty. Episode 11: The Baby Dungeon
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2012, 02:21:53 PM »
Episode Eleven: The Baby Dungeon

In the last episode, both Cheryl and her husband Germaine supermaxed painting. To celebrate, they woohooed in the elevator. Yes Germaine threw her out and they ended up trying for a baby in the shower, but the author still wants to consider the elevator woohoo canon.

We begin this episode with Cheryl vomiting for some reason. That must have been from Connor's bad cooking. He did try to make sushi with some bad quality seaweed and rice. The rainbow trout he used was fine though.

Ok, so it was because Cheryl is pregnant. The family was so enthralled by the TV that they didn't even notice Cheryl change her clothes in front of them.

Connor: Move! You're blocking the TV.
Germaine: Honey, can you scoot to the left?
David: Maybe you two should sit up front next time.

Germaine certainly was excited to hear the news once Cheryl got him away from the TV for a second. David on the other hand, was worried.

David: (The third generation is probably going to screw up this dynasty again. First it was his imaginary friend eating a life fruit, then he got a vampire to bite him... not this time.)
Germaine: I sure hope it's a girl. It'll get me 5,000 happiness points if it's a girl.
Cheryl: Calm down there, I just found out I was pregnant five sim minutes ago.
David: I'm going outside to work on a secret project. I'll be right back.

A few days later, the Does get hit with a double whammy. Cheryl goes into labor while Connor dies.

Connor: Uhhh, what's going on? Why am I suddenly a ghost now.
Cheryl: Germaine... it's time...
Germaine: The baby! But... Connor's dying... can you have the baby here?
Cheryl: WHAT!?
David: It's easy, you just spin in a circle and a baby will appear in your hands.
Connor: Guys, I think I'm dead.

Connor: Please, let me at least see who wins the Llamas vs. Unicorns game before I go.
Grim: No.
Connor: Can I at least watch the wedding on my favorite soap opera?
Grim: No.
Cheryl: Still in labor here guys.
Grim: You can have the baby here. Let's go Connor, you've lived long enough.

David: I'm going to go take a shower
Germaine: Yeah, me too, but in the other bathroom.
Cheryl: You guys! The baby!

Welcome to the family, Gordon Doe. You're our third generation and the third generation always screws this up. Here's to hoping you don't do the same. Since Cheryl spent so much time watching TV during the pregnancy, it's only natural that Gordon is born a couch potato. The fact that Cheryl was in labor while Connor was having his soul reaped didn't seem to bother Gordon at all. He must be quite the brave sim.

I think Cheryl's earned herself a little reward for giving birth in her home while Grim visited.

David: Where are you going?
Cheryl: I'm going to the spa for a $7,500 massage. I think I deserve this after what you two did to me.
Germaine: Honey...
Cheryl: Don't talk!
David: (Time to put that secret plan into effect.)

David did think about a secret plan earlier but what was it?

David: You're our third generation and I know that the third generation always mess up our little dynasty. In fact, I don't even know your name yet. What did Cheryl call you? Regardless, I spent two minutes in build mode making this.

David: In you go.

Luckily, Gordon managed to land perfectly into the crib, completely unharmed. In fact, he kind of liked being thrown down there.

David: (Man, I'm good.) Welcome to the baby dungeon, third generation.

Cheryl's Immortality Progress
Traits: Artistic, Virtuoso, Couch Potato, Perfectionist, Over-Emotional
Lifetime Wish: Master of the Arts
Career: Architectural Designer
Supermax: Painting
Real Estate: EverFresh Delights Supermarket, Stoney Falls (Level 3)
Portraits: Toddler, Child, Teen, Young Adult
Unique Lifetime Rewards: Entreprenurial Mindset, Extra Creative, Fireproof Homestead
Unique Opportunities: Demand Excellence or You'll Get Mediocrity, Popular Painter
Best Friends: Germaine Doe, Jenny Wills, Donell Maher, Katie Graf, Staci Sepulveda, Billy Montano

Gordon's Immortality Progress
Traits: Couch Potato, Brave
Lifetime Wish: I can safely say it wasn't "see the grim reaper claim a soul."
Career: Does crying count as a career?
Supermax: Actually, crying would be more of a supermax than a career.
Real Estate: Babies with real estate? Hey, why not?
Portraits: Why paint a baby?
Unique Lifetime Rewards: After that incident with Cheryl's birth, Stone Hearted would be a great choice, wouldn't you think?
Unique Opportunities: I don't think Gordon even has a cell phone.
Best Friends: Babies don't have friends.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sims3Clacla123

• Occult
  • I love tea :)
Re: The Doe Dynasty. Episode 11: The Baby Dungeon.
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2012, 02:59:29 PM »
Haha poor Gordon. A word advice for Gordon *whispers* Don't screw this one up...or else *whispers*  ;D Great update and R.I.P Connor
Live. Laugh. Love.Dream Big and Have no regrets

loveSims

« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2012, 11:35:09 AM »
Lol funny way to keep the third generation safe! R.I.P Connor.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2012, 01:01:41 PM »
Don't mess this one up Gordon.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2012, 02:01:25 PM »
So glad you're back! Hope you make it to Gen 4.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Orange Iguana

• Occult
The Doe Dynasty. Episode 12: Because Three Birthdays Wasn't Enough...
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2012, 02:18:27 PM »
Episode Twelve: Because Three Birthdays Wasn't Enough...

The baby dungeon, a dungeon consisting of a very tiny basement and a crib. Baby dungeons are often used by incompetent parents who can't wait for the social worker to show up. Babies who grow up in a baby dungeon tend to be mean-spirited, hot-headed, and evil. We aren't quite sure if David actually intended for Gordon to be an evil overlord. He probably just heard the word "baby dungeon" and thought it would be a good way to make sure the third generation doesn't ruin the dynasty again.

When we last left our family, Cheryl gave birth to the third generation while Connor was dying. The baby was then banished to the baby dungeon by David.

We begin this episode with Cheryl finding out about the baby dungeon.

Cheryl: You did WHAT!?
David: I made a baby dungeon to make sure our third generation doesn't mess up again.
Cheryl: And you didn't think that a social worker taking him away would also screw this up?
David: That's what the baby walkie talkie I snuck into his crib was for.
Cheryl: I'm calling the contractors and getting rid of that "baby dungeon" you made. What were you THINKING!? You could have had Gordon taken away!
David: ...(Come to think of it, that was a pretty bad idea.)

The Does have another problem on their hands though.

Germaine: Thanks for fixing our bathtub, do you take credit?
Repairman: ...
Germaine: Hello?
Germaine: Are you okay? You're not moving.
Germaine: I'll just leave you be then.

[He eventually disappeared, which is good because I wasn't sure if I could use resetsim on him or not.]

Cheryl's been really upset ever since Gordon has been born. Having him in the living room, saving the dynasty from the social worker by finding out about the baby dungeon, etc. It should go a little smoother now that it's Gordon's birthday.

...that's a great place to put him by the way.

Hopefully the hot dog on his shirt gives you a pretty good idea as to what I have planned for him.

The next day, it was Germaine's turn. Young adult no more, Germaine will now have a mid-life crisis and spend the rest of his days feeling his wrinkles.

Germaine: Hey wait a minute, I don't want to age up after hearing about that.

Too bad.

A couple of days later, it was Cheryl's turn to check out her wrinkles and have a midlife crisis.

Cheryl: This doesn't seem so bad.

Now the last time we had a mass birthday episode, there was a resounding three birthdays. Three birthdays isn't enough though so let's go for four. Rather than write about how Gordon never received an imaginary friend, or was taught to stay away from vampires, or how he spent two days at the Summer Hill Springs baby center, or how he learned to headbutt ghosts (my personal favorite), let's just skip directly to his birthday.

Whoa whoa, not that far ahead. We missed the part where he blew out the candles.

Gordon: I. AM. AWAKENED!!! You have no idea how happy I am to not be a toddler anymore. I'm so happy that I could... be happy!

Looks like Gordon inherited Cheryl's over-emotional trait.

A quick trip to the dresser and mirror later and... black's a really boring favorite color. Having a boy sim's favorite color be pink was more fun.

Cheryl's Immortality Progress
Portraits: Toddler, Child, Teen, Young Adult, Adult
Unique Lifetime Rewards: Entreprenurial Mindset, Extra Creative, Fireproof Homestead
Unique Opportunities: Demand Excellence or You'll Get Mediocrity, Popular Painter, Painting the City, A Medium Painting
Best Friends: Lacie Wood, Jenny Wills, Donell Maher, Katie Graf, Staci Sepulveda, Billy Montano

Traits: Couch Potato, Brave, Over-Emotional
Lifetime Wish:
Career:
Supermax:
Real Estate:
Portraits: Toddler
Unique Lifetime Rewards:
Unique Opportunities:
Best Friends:

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

loveSims

Re: The Doe Dynasty. Episode 12: Because Three Birthdays Wasn't Enough...
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2012, 05:23:06 AM »
Congrats with all the birthdays. Gordon is a cute little guy. Good Cheryl find out about the baby dungeon lol. ;D

Offline Orange Iguana

• Occult
The Doe Dynasty. Episode 13: Muffins for Elders
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2012, 02:17:11 AM »
Episode Twelve: Muffins for Elders

[I had the urge to continue playing after the previous update so I played a little more, made this in advance, and waited a day so that the updates wouldn't come too quickly.]

To maintain immortality, Ambrosia must be eaten around once a week while a death flower is kept in the immortal's inventory at all times. Generally, a non-immortal is used as the Ambrosia chef for the first couple of generations but the food replicator only lasts so long before running out of memory. If you were able to figure out the meaning of the hot dog on toddler Gordon's shirt then congratulations, you figured out what Gordon is going to supermax before I tell everyone else in the next sentence. For those that didn't figure it out, Gordon is supermaxing cooking and going into the culinary career.

When we last left our family, we sat through FOUR birthdays. I know, you didn't get a chance to experience toddler Gordon but nothing interesting happens when a sim is a toddler anyway.

We begin this episode with Gordon receiving his birthday present.

Gordon: An easy bake oven? But that's for girls.
Cheryl: That's why I painted hot rod flames on it, to make it look more boyish and rebellious.
Gordon: Not buying it, and it'll just have that disgusting light bulb taste.
Cheryl: Which is why we hooked this up to the gas line.

Well, it never does hurt to try, right?

It does look like some good muffins. Why not try selling these...

...in the middle of the night without parental supervision.

Gordon: Baked goods for sale! Come get your muffins and your cookies!
Mortimor Goth: Be quiet, kid.
Gordon: The only way I'm gonna be quiet is if you buy a muffin, old man.
Lashandra Barbee: That's no way to talk to your elders!
Gordon: It's the perfect way to treat elders who don't buy muffins. By the way, you want to buy a cookie?

A few days of making lots and lots of cupcakes later, it was time for Gordon to become a teen. Not many people came to his birthday party though, I guess insulting Mortimer Goth will do that to you.

Gordon: I wish grandpa would remember to sell the smoke detector.
David: Now where did I put that smoke detector?

Gordon: Oh no no no, this will not do. My hair's going to get all over the food and these clothes, really?

Since Gordon was so good with that easy bake oven that was hooked up to the gas range for some reason, one can easily assume that Gordon is a natural cook.

Black is a really boring favorite color still.

For now, Gordon has 75 autumn salads to prepare. Hop to it!

Cheryl's Immortality Progress [Elder Portrait Remaining. Different Best Friends may be required.]
Portraits: Toddler, Child, Teen, Young Adult, Adult
Unique Opportunities: Demand Excellence or You'll Get Mediocrity, Popular Painter, Painting the City, A Medium Painting, Tons of Tips, Sorting the Section
Best Friends: Lacie Wood, Jenny Wills, Donell Maher, Katie Graf, Staci Sepulveda, Billy Montano

Traits: Couch Potato, Brave, Over-Emotional, Natural Cook
Lifetime Wish: Celebrated Five-Star Chef
Career: Culinary
Supermax: Cooking
Real Estate: Little Coriscan Bistro, Papayrus Memorial Library (Level 3)
Portraits: Toddler, Child, Teen
Unique Lifetime Rewards: Stone Hearted
Unique Opportunities:
Best Friends:

loveSims

Re: The Doe Dynasty. Episode 13: Muffins for Elders.
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2012, 03:57:27 AM »
I like the part where he try to sell the muffins lol! And yes the hotdog did give it away. 75 Autums salads lol!

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2012, 06:15:32 AM »
I guess having a tonne of autumn salad isn't that useful when you have the motive mobile as nobody gets hungry.

I hope you are keeping an eye on Gordon when he gets his hands on ambrosia we don't want him feeding it to the wrong people.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Orange Iguana

• Occult
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2012, 06:49:06 AM »
Gordon already knows ambrosia but I'm using the food replicator glitch so the only thing I really have to worry about is if Gordon decides to free will ambrosia pre-immortality.

Either way, as soon as Gordon becomes immortal, I'll probably prepare massive amounts of perfect meals, sell everything in the kitchen but the culinary level 10 fridge and food replicator, then have sims only eat leftovers for the rest of the dynasty. That way, I can basically ignore my immortals when they eat ambrosia.

Currently, the thing that's causing the biggest concern in this dynasty is Cheryl's best friend requirement but more on that later since on my file, she and Germaine are approaching their elder birthdays.

Offline Upinde_wa_Mvua

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2012, 02:35:25 PM »
Just wanted to post and say that this dynasty is epic! :D Fingers crossed that Gordon can overcome your third-generation bad luck!

Offline Orange Iguana

• Occult
The Doe Dynasty. Episode 14: The Second Immortal
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2012, 12:21:56 AM »
Episode Thirteen: The Second Immortal

When we last left our family, Gordon developed a passion for cooking when he sold a muffin to an elder despite his bad manners. In fact, he finished supermaxed cooking about eight days after becoming a teenager. Hopefully the immortals don't watch the cooking channel or decide to prepare bad quality meals from scratch as opposed to perfect leftovers.

We begin our episode with Cheryl insulting a vampire for some reason.

Cheryl: You're a pastry chef?
Molly French: Yes.
Cheryl: Go bite someone, bloodsucker.
Molly: How dare you!

Word of this got out pretty fast, concerning Gordon because of who Molly French actually is. During one of Cheryl's "maintain my best friends" parties...

Gordon: Mom, are you sure you should be insulting the woman who's going to help me get started with my cooking career? You know, my future boss?
Cheryl: How did you find this out?
Gordon: She's a celebrity! It's all over Sunset Valley news!
Cheryl: Oh... well you see... she crashed one of my parties, we chatted a little and the next thing we knew, we were best friends.
Gordon: So why insult her?
Cheryl: Because you're going to end up being best friends with her so I needed to end our friendship so that yours can be unique. See where I'm going with this?
Gordon: This better not come back to haunt you, vampires live a long time you know.

But then tragedy struck...

Donell Maher: What's going on? Why am I ghost?
Cheryl: (Uh-oh! My best friends!)

That's right, Cheryl no longer meets the best friend requirement. Sure there's Germaine but David is best friends with him after spending so much time watching TV with him. I'm pretty sure Germaine doesn't count anymore.

Gunther Goth: Seriously, who invites the Grim Reaper to a party?
Grim: I heard that, vampire.

Gunther: Does Grim come often?
Cheryl: No, this is the first time but I wasn't the one that invited him. Honest!
Gunther: That was pretty cool, actually. Name's Gunther Goth, you are...
Cheryl: Cheryl. Cheryl Doe.
Gunther: We should hang out sometime, anyone who throws parties like this is definitely an interesting person in my book.
Cheryl: It wasn't intentional but thanks.

If Gunther wants to hang out with Cheryl, why not hang out at her house right now? While the guests are leaving the party?

Cheryl: You look... different.
Gunther: Contrary to popular belief, we vampires do age.

A few hours of enthusing about music and applauding Gunther's hard work later, Cheryl meets her best friend requirements again. Crisis averted. Maybe vampires aren't such bad people after all.

A couple days later, it was time for Germaine's elder birthday. Germaine has had a pretty good life really. Rich girl wanted to marry him instead of him wanting to marry a rich girl, watched TV all day, never did an honest day's work once he became a young adult. In a way, Germaine retired as soon as he threw his diploma in the air.

He doesn't seem too happy about it.

The real main event here is Cheryl's elder birthday, a few days later. You can tell it's a special event because everyone cared. Well... Gordon was at school but if he was home, he would have cared.

Cheryl: (I wish my best friends will last just a little bit longer. I'm so close.)

With Cheryl now an elder, immortality is now a race against time. Can she get her elder portrait done and eat ambrosia before old age claims another one of her best friends? The timer starts as soon as she pays a visit to the dresser and mirror. There's no way Cheryl's going to wear ripped pants for the rest of the dynasty.

Elder women are pretty limited when it comes to good looking clothes, don't you think?

Great, Cheryl got her elder portrait taken care of. Hurry Cheryl! Eat the ambrosia before another best friend passes away!

Cheryl: It really is as disgusting as you say.
David: I warned you, didn't I?

You did it! Cheryl Doe is now immortal.

Cheryl's Immortality Progress -- IMMORTAL
Portraits: Toddler, Child, Teen, Young Adult, Adult, Elder
Unique Opportunities: Demand Excellence or You'll Get Mediocrity, Popular Painter, Painting the City, A Medium Painting, Tons of Tips, Sorting the Section
Best Friends: Lacie Wood, Jenny Wills, Gunther Goth, Katie Graf, Staci Sepulveda, Billy Montano

Traits: Couch Potato, Brave, Over-Emotional, Natural Cook
Lifetime Wish: Celebrated Five-Star Chef
Career: Culinary
Supermax: Cooking
Real Estate: Little Coriscan Bistro, Papayrus Memorial Library (Level 3)
Portraits: Toddler, Child, Teen
Unique Lifetime Rewards: Stone Hearted
Unique Opportunities:
Best Friends:

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: The Doe Dynasty. Episode 14: The Second Immortal
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2012, 01:24:37 AM »
Congrats on your second Immortal!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations