Author Topic: Union Cove Technical Issues  (Read 316432 times)

Offline warr2098

• Future Neurologist
  • Immortal
Re: Union Cove Technical Issues
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2012, 04:46:37 AM »
Hello, been a long time - a couple of years in fact - since I've been on here! I've just re-installed the sims 3 onto my computer, and am looking forward to getting back into it again! Unfortunately I seem to have *misplaced* my WA expansion, so am only on vanilla right now (although I've just ordered Generations, yay!).
I saw that you lovely people had created a new world, and am really keen to try it out! I think I followed the instructions right - I downloaded the world, and also the save game seeing as I don't have all the add ons, which I placed into the 'save' folder as instructed. However I don't have a UC saved game in my Sims 3 game, and whenever I try to load a new game in UC the game crashes on me; presumably because I don't have the right expansions? Or perhaps my commputer is simply not meaty enough!
Any tips? Have I missed something somewhere along the line?
Thanks!
Kat :)

I have the same problem  :(

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2012, 06:03:44 AM »
kat and warr, have you two installed UC or just placed saved game? Without all EP's until Pets, you need to:
1.Download and install UC (so it is visible in Launcher in installed content)
2.Download and extract saved file folder into Saves.

Then start the game with saved file. :)

I was lucky enough to get 2 more Gb of RAM and now with 4Gb I'm fully enjoying this world! With almost all settings on high, I'm playing and saving without a single issue. (I did adjust settings on my graphic card too).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kat

• Townie
« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2012, 02:53:20 PM »
Aha! Problem solved. I didn't have any option to extract the file because - would you believe it - I didn't have WinZip!! I thought that was standard! So anyway, I downloaded a free trial version and unzipped it, and hey presto! Maybe this is your issue too, Warr?

Offline makeupinternet

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #93 on: March 12, 2012, 02:35:00 PM »
I posted this question in a different thread when UC first came out, but haven't received a response. I just found this thread and thought maybe I could get some answers here!
(The original post is at http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,8421.msg172619.html#msg172619)

In the above mentioned thread, another forum member mentions uninstalling WA to be able to install UC. And my question is: why would I have to uninstall WA to install Union Cove? Are they not compatible or is it more of a hardware problem, that it affects loading time or something? Would be great to know -  I really want to download Union Cove, it's amazing the amount of work folks here at the forum has put down, it looks completely awesome!  :D

Also, why I'm at the topic of UC, can I just download the latest UC file? Or is the latest file more like a patch, so I have to install the first release of UC first?

Thanks in advance!

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2012, 03:38:53 PM »
Hi makeupinternet,
I just read the link you posted and am sorry for not writting there anything, it must be the title that didn't hint it is about UC too!

There is absolutely no reason to uninstall anything to install UC! More EP you have - more content in this world will show up where we intended it, and more joyfull experience you'll have!

About the latest UC file - just download the latest one and install it (there is only the latest one available to download anyway:D).
If you have all EP's, then just download and install the file and start new game; if you don't have all EP than download and install the world, and download and extract the Saved file into Saves, and start the game from saved file in main menu.

Offline warr2098

• Future Neurologist
  • Immortal
« Reply #95 on: March 13, 2012, 04:03:52 AM »
heres what happened; downloaded it, it said windows cannot open this file so i click browse, i open in winzip, 4 files appear, i cannot unzip them so i highlight all 4 of them and extract, i then place them in sims 3 saves folder, i open sims 3 launcher and it is not in installed content or downloads?

Offline moonshadow

• Watcher of the Moon.
  • Townie
  • "It's not someday, but today that I change"
« Reply #96 on: March 14, 2012, 06:11:49 PM »
warr2098 The save file doesn't show in the launcher, It will show up in your saved games when you go to play your game.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simmum

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #97 on: March 15, 2012, 03:45:48 AM »
Hi, I'm looking for a little bit of advice please. I've downloaded Union Cove and have loaded it without any problems other than it took along time ! But on ce the world opens I have all the buildings etc but no families in the houses. The only options I get are create a household and move in household. There is no choose a household. Has anyone else had this problem or know what I've done wrong?! I have all the ep's needed for this world and patched up to the last one before Showtime as I don't have this ep yet. Thanks in advance

Offline warr2098

• Future Neurologist
  • Immortal
« Reply #98 on: March 15, 2012, 03:49:40 AM »
i click new game and its not there  ???

Offline simmum

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #99 on: March 15, 2012, 05:42:34 AM »
I've realised what had happened. It had opened in tutorial mode for some reason and it's now working. Just loaded the Tudur household, the house is beautiful  :) . Looking forward to having a play

Simsdestroyer

« Reply #100 on: March 15, 2012, 06:05:04 AM »
Well I tried to install Union Cove, but it's not showing in the world drop down in game.  That's never happened before, so I'm wondering if you guys are aware.  NOT the save file, the actual world.  It installs in the launcher, it shows that it's installed in the launcher, but isn't in the installed world folder in documents.  Also the media fire link for the download is showing it's been removed.  So is putlocker, uploader, and gamer.  So has it been removed, and I'm just downloading a simspack with nothing in it?   :o

Offline makeupinternet

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #101 on: March 18, 2012, 01:10:21 PM »
Hi makeupinternet,
I just read the link you posted and am sorry for not writting there anything, it must be the title that didn't hint it is about UC too!

There is absolutely no reason to uninstall anything to install UC! More EP you have - more content in this world will show up where we intended it, and more joyfull experience you'll have!

Thank you so much Anushka for answering so quickly! I will download UC ASAP! :) Thank you!

cassiedipity

« Reply #102 on: March 19, 2012, 11:26:12 PM »
Hello! I'm excited to try out Union Cove, but for some reason it isn't working. I've followed these steps:

[ I don't have any EP's]
1.Download Union Cove installation file
2.Install Union Cove (open it when download is finished, or doubleclick on downloaded file)
3.Download .zip file
4.Extract saved folder from .zip file into your Saves folder (MyDocuments/ElectronicArts/Sims3/Saves)
5.Start the game from saved game UnionCoveStart in main menu

But for some reason, whenever I launch Sims 3 and I go to the screen where you choose a household to play, on "Union Cove Start" it says something along the lines of, " Union Cove cannot play because it belongs to an EP that no longer belongs to this system"

I don't really know what that means, and I am SO eager to play Union Cove, but this is getting annoying!!

Can anyone help me?

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #103 on: March 21, 2012, 03:08:35 PM »
While exploring the Union Cove Families, I found that every time I tried to play the Ingles family, I could make that family the active family. But I couldn't Start Playing. The loading thing would pop up for a half a second and then disappear.

All other families were able to load up or I would have posted this in it's own file.

Has anyone else had a problem playing the Ingles family?

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, I just tried to load them but I couldn't. I'll check other households too, and will fix up this mistake in updated world.

Hi guys,

Is it me or is the Ingles family still there in the last version of Union Cove? I am having the same problem as Seera1024 said in January. Should I just delete the family? In the last version Carl states this has already been done. I really believe to have installed the correct world  :-\
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #104 on: March 21, 2012, 04:11:16 PM »
Hi guys,

Is it me or is the Ingles family still there in the last version of Union Cove? I am having the same problem as Seera1024 said in January. Should I just delete the family? In the last version Carl states this has already been done. I really believe to have installed the correct world  :-\

You did, they sneak in UC again  ::) Family is fine to play with if you switch active households in edit town, and they cause no issue in the game (in one of my games almost everyone in that household died but game is running smoothly without an issues), just that wierd block when you try starting the new game with them..

But for some reason, whenever I launch Sims 3 and I go to the screen where you choose a household to play, on "Union Cove Start" it says something along the lines of, " Union Cove cannot play because it belongs to an EP that no longer belongs to this system"

Can anyone help me?

Sorry for not answering earlier. It seems that UC isn't properly installed in your game as that message appear when game can't find the world your saved file is in. I'd recommend to back up the saves - so you don't have to download it again, uninstall UC from launcher, delete cache files and check if it is in Installed World folder(shouldn't be). Then install it again and copy back the saved file in Saves. Hopefully it will work..

Thank you so much Anushka for answering so quickly! I will download UC ASAP! :) Thank you!
You're welcome! I hope you're enjoying your game there!

Well I tried to install Union Cove, but it's not showing in the world drop down in game.  That's never happened before, so I'm wondering if you guys are aware.  NOT the save file, the actual world.  It installs in the launcher, it shows that it's installed in the launcher, but isn't in the installed world folder in documents.  Also the media fire link for the download is showing it's been removed.  So is putlocker, uploader, and gamer.  So has it been removed, and I'm just downloading a simspack with nothing in it?   :o
Thanks for the info about missing links, it's been taken care off I hope. Your problem appear to be similar to what cassiedipity has - so I'd suggest the same thing, uninstall it and delete traces of it in Cache folders, then install it again. This may cause you to have 2 UC's that are the same in main menu so if you want it safe and neat - do the factory reset with backing up everything you want (Saves, downloads, screenshots etc). Hope you get it to work..
I've realised what had happened. It had opened in tutorial mode for some reason and it's now working. Just loaded the Tudur household, the house is beautiful  :) . Looking forward to having a play

I'm glad to hear that! The Queen is very interesting Sim living in a gorgeus house, both made by Samoht:)
Hi, I'm looking for a little bit of advice please. I've downloaded Union Cove and have loaded it without any problems other than it took along time ! But on ce the world opens I have all the buildings etc but no families in the houses. The only options I get are create a household and move in household. There is no choose a household. Has anyone else had this problem or know what I've done wrong?! I have all the ep's needed for this world and patched up to the last one before Showtime as I don't have this ep yet. Thanks in advance

If you did the factory reset, or fresh install of the game first game you load is a tutorial where you have only those 2 options. Go to Edit town and back and you'll get the option to chose the family to start with:)
i click new game and its not there  ???
I believe the issue is the same as with cassiedipity and Simsdestroyer, so you may try the same thing.

anything