Author Topic: Union Cove Technical Issues  (Read 126325 times)

Dolphinsong

Re: Union Cove Technical Issues
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2012, 07:30:50 PM »
I have yet to be able to save in Union Cave after the first or second save. After that I get an Error 12 message. I use no mods at all and the default towns that comes with the expansions work perfectly fine, just Union Cave itself has that issue. This is after I've installed the patch required to install the world.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2012, 12:57:23 AM »
Dolphinsong, I had the same issue before I lowered the settings. Even if I can play it with highest settings possible, I can't save it due the same reason - error 12. Lowering the settings makes saving 100% efficient, at least for me  :).

< br/>
Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline skybaker

• Townie
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2012, 01:08:37 AM »
I've installed Union Cove and I want to move my Sims from old save to here. However, the game halted once I'm placing house or family in "Edit Town" mode.
I'm using Mac with 4GB RAM and NVIDIA GeForce 9400M display card. I've all expansion and stuff pack and no mod installed.
Thanks for help in advance.
Now I realize playing the Sims 3 on Mac is playing the game of installation and uninstallation...

Dolphinsong

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2012, 01:57:53 AM »
Tried
Dolphinsong, I had the same issue before I lowered the settings. Even if I can play it with highest settings possible, I can't save it due the same reason - error 12. Lowering the settings makes saving 100% efficient, at least for me  :).

Tried lowering settings, still couldn't save.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2012, 10:02:36 AM »
Tried
Tried lowering settings, still couldn't save.

Not shore what else to say but try lowering them more, delete all .bad saves in Saves folder, pause the game while saving and use Save As instead of just Save. I can play UC with all settings on highest, but have to put them almost all on lowest to be able to save.

I've installed Union Cove and I want to move my Sims from old save to here. However, the game halted once I'm placing house or family in "Edit Town" mode.
I'm using Mac with 4GB RAM and NVIDIA GeForce 9400M display card. I've all expansion and stuff pack and no mod installed.
Thanks for help in advance.

Hi skybaker, I'm not shore why this is happening to you as many of us use Edit Town without problems. It seems like your processor is having hard time with it, so check for background processes, and possibly even turn of the internet connection, to prevent autoupdates running without you knowing about them. Also, lowering the settings may help with this.
Did you try more different families/lots on different locations? Which location(s) are creating a problem?

Offline moonshadow

• Watcher of the Moon.
  • Townie
  • "It's not someday, but today that I change"
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2012, 12:42:01 PM »
Ok. After running the instail process. It says UnionCove.Sims3Pack.failed.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2012, 01:23:50 PM »

Since this is the first time I saw that this can happen, I googled it and find 2 more reports on web, but no explanation at all ::)

Only thing I can think of is that you may not have enough free space, or that file is damaged somehow. I'm really sorry that happen, and as I said, never saw it before. Hope someone else might know more about it.

< br/>
Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline moonshadow

• Watcher of the Moon.
  • Townie
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2012, 01:35:45 PM »
I've got the room. It might be that it didn't download properly and because of the mirror's I can't redownload.

Offline akeripper

• Nooboo
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2012, 03:56:31 PM »
So far the only problem I have had is that old annoying pause bug says hi...

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2012, 05:46:13 PM »
Has anyone had problems getting the pizza delivery guy to show up?  I've called him a few times, and it says they are coming...but then they don't show.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2012, 10:21:21 PM »
Has anyone had problems getting the pizza delivery guy to show up?  I've called him a few times, and it says they are coming...but then they don't show.

I've called him twice. The first time went exactly as it should. The second time, my sim was painting and had "receive pizza" in her queue while I had another sim selected.  Well when I finally noticed, I canceled her painting to go get the pizza (since the pizza guy normally leaves it by the door), but the pizza wasn't there. I guess he just left with it!

Offline Summers

• Occult
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2012, 04:00:15 AM »
Summers, you need to have all EP to be able to load a new game in UC. If you don't have them all, load the saved file which is saved before any family is chosen, so you'll start the same way you would with new game. That way objects from EP you don't have will be replaced or deleted by the game.
Thanks. Now I got it why you asked me to get the saved files for me in the UC main page. I was confused that I could play with the saved files only for the people has no all expansion pack and that's why I couldn't open the world at all. LOL
Very hard to be escaped from Sims.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2012, 06:40:58 AM »
I've called him twice. The first time went exactly as it should. The second time, my sim was painting and had "receive pizza" in her queue while I had another sim selected.  Well when I finally noticed, I canceled her painting to go get the pizza (since the pizza guy normally leaves it by the door), but the pizza wasn't there. I guess he just left with it!
He doesn't even show up at my house, and I've waited 12 sim hours.  Maybe it's a just a glitch for that file.  I will open a new save and try again.

Offline skybaker

• Townie
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2012, 08:09:07 AM »
Hi skybaker, I'm not shore why this is happening to you as many of us use Edit Town without problems. It seems like your processor is having hard time with it, so check for background processes, and possibly even turn of the internet connection, to prevent autoupdates running without you knowing about them. Also, lowering the settings may help with this.
Did you try more different families/lots on different locations? Which location(s) are creating a problem?

Thank you Anushka, after reinstalling the game twice (once crashing during installation), removing one floor and some items in the household and adjusting all graphic setting to the lowest. I was success to move my sims & house to Union Cove finally.

Now I can explore and start adventure in Union Cove!!  ;D

Thanks again.
Now I realize playing the Sims 3 on Mac is playing the game of installation and uninstallation...

Offline Summers

• Occult
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2012, 08:48:45 AM »
One possible thing in my opinion is the patch version. If the UC would be created in 1.29 patch and if yours was 1.26, then it wouldn't work.  But I'm not sure because I can't see your patch version. it's just the one possible thing and it can be wrong.
Very hard to be escaped from Sims.

Offline moonshadow

• Watcher of the Moon.
  • Townie
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2012, 11:23:31 AM »
It's 1.29.

Dolphinsong

« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2012, 06:29:36 PM »
I've tried with all settings as low as it could possibally go. Had all bad save foulders removed, even tried doing save as. Still gives me error 12.

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2012, 05:56:00 PM »
I've tried with all settings as low as it could possibally go. Had all bad save foulders removed, even tried doing save as. Still gives me error 12.

Try turning off the internet, that's what made my game work, especially after pach 1.29. Good luck!

Offline Piggypox

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2012, 03:36:06 AM »
I use iobit game booster, you can google and download for free. It closes background processes which speeds up loading time and reduces lag. It got rid of error 12 and 16 too.

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2012, 05:24:33 AM »
I use iobit game booster, you can google and download for free. It closes background processes which speeds up loading time and reduces lag. It got rid of error 12 and 16 too.

Sound nice! I'm going to try that.

Offline aleithaki

• Nooboo
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2012, 06:00:24 AM »
Hi, I'm having the same issue as Xanatos. I don't understand what you meant when you said this: "Have you started the new game or from saved file Union Cove Starter? You should load the save file, not new game."

This is what I have done so far:

I have unzipped the 'save file' which is supposed to make my game work when I don't have all the expansions. When I unzipped the file, I ended up with four separate files (a DAT file, a DATA file, a PACKAGE file and a NHD file). These four files are individually sitting in my folder Documents/Electronic Arts/TheSims3/Saves.

I have also installed the Union Cove world onto my game.

When I start the Sims game, I have an option either to start a new game or to choose one of my previous saved games (I currently have four saved games using Sunset Valley). Union Cove shows up if I try to start a new game - but it always crashes when it has loaded 25%.

Are you saying that a union cove game is supposed to appear in my saved games slots? Because it doesn't.... I don't understand what you mean when you say I should "load the save file, not the new game".

I'd really appreciate an explanation if you have time! Thanks so much for this help.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2012, 11:12:16 AM »
Hi Aleithaki,

Thank you for this detailed post as I can see where is the problem right away :) When you open Saves folder, you should see several folders named the way you named your save files in SV. Open one of them and you'll see several files including those you mentioned that you extracted in your Documents/Electronic Arts/TheSims3/Saves. You should extract entire folder with those files in it - folder is named Union Cove Start and should be amont other saved files folders, not just files. Then, you will see the UnionCoveStart save in your main menu and will be able to start the game with it.
In your Saves folder there should be ONLY folders, like this:

Of course, they will have the names of your saved games.
I hope this will help.
New updated version of Union Cove should be out soon so you may want to wait for that one - it will not change much, but some lots will be more functional - fixed spiral stairs, one farm will have better routing for horses, a street light won't sit on driveway, bars will have less professional bars so less NPC 's will be spawned, etc.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2012, 11:22:10 AM »

Dolphinsong -I'm sorry it is not working out for you. How much RAM do you have? And what system you use?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2012, 11:33:38 AM »
Just a tip for if anyone wants to try any solution they can - I solved my random crashing by turning off Verticle Sync in my NVIDIA Control Panel under 3D Settings and now it hardly crashes, seems it only does due to the internet and the game being minimized.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline aleithaki

• Nooboo
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2012, 07:46:10 PM »
Thanks so much, Anushka, that was a really clear reply. I've got the folder in the right place now, so the Union Cove saved game is showing up in one of the loading slots on the main menu. Thanks for your help with that!

However, now it says: "Cannot load this save game. It may have been loaded with expansion packs that are no longer on the system." I own the base sims game and the world adventures expansion pack, and both are working correctly. Any more ideas? I can see that someone else has previously had this issue (on the first page of this topic) but I can't figure out how it was solved.

Thanks for the tip off to wait for the new version, too!

anything