Author Topic: Union Cove Technical Issues  (Read 316209 times)

Chuckles_82

Re: Union Cove Technical Issues
« Reply #345 on: July 22, 2013, 08:18:29 PM »
Union Cove requires all EPs up to Seasons at this point. You will have to check with the other creators to see whether you are missing some requirements for their worlds. You should check to see that you have enough RAM to run sims, and if it's using enough RAM. If not, LAA (long address adware) may help.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #346 on: July 23, 2013, 03:48:34 AM »
You should check to see that you have enough RAM to run sims, and if it's using enough RAM. If not, LAA (long address adware) may help.

Just to expand on Chuckles' point -- any amount of RAM will run Sims (I use an abysmally small amount, only 2GB). Higher amounts of RAM will not (usually) run it any better on it's own, but a few minor changes will cause it to work. I'm fairly sure that Carl is using 16GB of RAM for Sims.

Oh, and just for clarity's sake, it's Large Address Aware. I'm not a humongous fan of adware. ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #347 on: August 19, 2013, 07:53:04 PM »
I finally got around to downloading Union Cove.  I only have expansions Late Night, World Adventures, and Seasons.  So I clicked on the link and saved the version for when you don't have all the expansions.  The problem??  I don't know what to do next.  I'm assuming that I double-click the saved file which I now have in the EA Save folder.  But even after reading what to do next, I'm still not sure if I could lose what I have in the games that I have through Seasons.  Should I just go ahead and double click on the UC zip folder and see what happens?  Or should delay and do something else before unzipping?

Offline mallory419

• Nooboo
« Reply #348 on: September 30, 2013, 06:07:48 PM »
Hey there!
I just got Union Cove for the first time, the installation process was fine, but playing the world is giving me trouble. I can select Union Cove as a World to use, but when it's loading the game (you know, when it has all the tips and tricks things?) it loads about half-way and then crashes. My computer makes me close the program after waiting a few minutes.
Here are a few Details:
Windows 8
No Expansion Packs (I installed the newer one, I got the save file as well and saved to the Save folder in Sims 3)
Game Not Registered (It's a used game, the code is used, not by me)
Please help, I wanna play this game  :-[
Love,
Mallory

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #349 on: October 02, 2013, 10:06:35 AM »
Did you actually open the world from the save file?
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline mallory419

• Nooboo
« Reply #350 on: October 03, 2013, 03:03:27 PM »
Did you actually open the world from the save file?

Yes, and it'll load about halfway on the loading screen (The one with tips & tricks, your household & home) and then crash saying something like "The Sims 3 has stopped working, would you like to wait for it to respond, or close the program?" and I'll wait for about 30 minutes, but it never works.

Offline GalvanicFantasy

• Nooboo
« Reply #351 on: November 02, 2013, 12:06:03 PM »
Are there any other options for downloading Union Cove aside from the site that's linked on the page?

I've been trying to download Union Cove for a couple days.  Unfortunately, when I click the "Click Here to Download" link on the page, it takes me to this site http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/unioncove/, which downloads between 2 and 10 mb of the file, steadily throttling down until it reaches 0 bps and stops.  I've even tried different browsers, but no dice.  :(

Would love to check it out, if only I could get it to download.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline EllaTheTaco

• Ella The Great
  • Townie
« Reply #352 on: November 02, 2013, 04:34:50 PM »
For me it downloads. It takes me to that site, but it still downloads :)

Offline GalvanicFantasy

• Nooboo
« Reply #353 on: November 03, 2013, 05:28:19 PM »
It must have been an intermittent issue - today I was able to download it quick and in a hurry.  Thanks for your help!  I'm off to check out Union Cove.

Offline Ifoozle

• Nooboo
« Reply #354 on: February 06, 2014, 05:14:38 AM »
Hi all,  really appreciate your help in advance.

I have installed union Cove v3 and the save game.

The only expansion pack I do not have is WA.

So my problem is,  when I load the save game.  It loads about 80% and then sits there and doesn't move.  I've left it for hours.  Even overnight but it never loads.

Any help is much appreciated.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #355 on: February 08, 2014, 01:07:28 PM »
Union Cove is a huge file. The problem might be your computer isn't powerful enough. Try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. I have no idea whether that will work or not, but I suppose it's worth a shot. It's a lovely world, it's just a shame how laggy it is.

Edit: Welcome to the forum!
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline SimAd

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #356 on: March 07, 2014, 06:34:29 AM »
I'm doing a test game in UC (Seasons edition). The first thing I have to say that routing is excellent, there are really not much problems with this world. As such, it is of way better quality than many others, including the standard EA worlds.

However, I DID find a few minor problems, and I'm looking for a place to report them for evaluation by the team. What would be the best place to do so?

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
« Reply #357 on: March 07, 2014, 06:38:58 AM »
This thread is probably the best place to report your problems for the world.
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #358 on: March 07, 2014, 07:27:46 AM »
Sunshine found the right thread. I'm going to merge this thread with that.

No guarantees on any fixes, though. Anushka took care of the CAW-work, and she hasn't been active since last year.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline SimAd

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #359 on: March 07, 2014, 10:14:02 AM »
Ah, great. Well, I can fix it myself (got the world into CAW) but perhaps for future revisions:

- The intersection at Carl's Castle is not connected properly
- The intersection at the Union Fire Services is not connected properly

These are CAW issues but they're really easy to fix, if you so much as touch the road it will connect.

The Hitching Posts at The Grange are placed using MoveObjects apparently, but they "stick out" of the lot and this tends to trap Sims. The same goes for the City Planter Boxes at the Graveyard. It is a shame really as this looks VERY good, but it does throw off the routing for Sims making use of the sidewalk.

Very oddly, the Bistro doesn't have the "Bistro Rabbithole" sounds but apparently those of the School. It looks like just re-placing the Bistro on the lot fixes that, either in a savegame file or in the CAW/Edit In Game stage.

I'll report more if I come across problem areas but so far it's actually remarkably smooth.

anything