Author Topic: Union Cove Technical Issues  (Read 312298 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Union Cove Technical Issues
« on: January 08, 2012, 03:12:16 AM »
Please use this thread to ask questions about any technical issues with Union Cove, such as installation problems and the ability to play in the world.  I'm making this topic sticky for now.

Union Cove by: Carl's Sim Community
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/unioncove/

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

bettyb

Re: Union Cove Technical Issues
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 10:59:22 AM »
It looks like I'm the first in this thread.  I have a technical issue:  I was able to get Union Cove to install on an older computer without any trouble, but I have been trying to install it on my daughter's new laptop unsuccessfully.  It won't show up in the game at all. That is, it seems to install normally, and it shows up under installed content in the launcher, but in game it does not appear in the list of worlds and a saved game from that world states that it cannot be used because some content is missing.  The game is fully patched (up to 1.29, the most recent patch) and has all the EPs and SPs installed.  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline tumblers

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 11:51:14 AM »
I installed union cove and it works great until I go to save the game. I get an "Error 12" bubble. It won't save the game. Any help is appreciated.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 12:14:04 PM »
It looks like I'm the first in this thread.  I have a technical issue:  I was able to get Union Cove to install on an older computer without any trouble, but I have been trying to install it on my daughter's new laptop unsuccessfully.  It won't show up in the game at all. That is, it seems to install normally, and it shows up under installed content in the launcher, but in game it does not appear in the list of worlds and a saved game from that world states that it cannot be used because some content is missing.  The game is fully patched (up to 1.29, the most recent patch) and has all the EPs and SPs installed.  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I'd suggest to uninstall it from launcher, delete from downloads in launcher (it may have more than one copy inthere so look for it ;) ), then delete files from cashe folders. Check Installed Worlds folder, and if it is still there delete it from there too. After that try to install it again, and if you get the message that install is successful, check in Installed World folder if it is there too. It happen to me when I deleted Cashe files AFTER installing world, and it worked for me, hope it will for you!

EDIT: Here is the tread about Cashe folders.

I installed union cove and it works great until I go to save the game. I get an "Error 12" bubble. It won't save the game. Any help is appreciated.

Yeah, it happen often. If you have more than 2GB of RAM and 32bit system, there is a tread about it, I'll add a link for it, how to assign more than 2GB of RAM for the game. If not, well, then you have to lower your settings.
I spent a lot of time playing in UC, with my poor 2GB of RAM and even with nice high details it is running great, and pics are awesome etc but I couldn't save due the error 12 for 2 RL days, even my Immortal Dynasty is on hold since I want nice pictures for that story, but can't save game if I put settings high. Then I gave up, lower all the settings, and I'm playing the game all day today (it is still running in the background LOL), saved at least 8 times in a row (don't know for shore but I save often and game is up all afternoon), sometimes Save As, sometimes just Save, without ANY issue. So even if in game it seems like it can handle it, when it comes to saving, it can't. Also, make shore to delete all .bad saves from Saves folder, pause the game before saving and don't use Save and Exit.
EDIT: Here is the post about assinging more than 2gb for the game. I couldn't try it myself with only 2gb of RAM, but in any case, I'm able to play it on low settings for hours now and save every 30-40 minutes.

Offline Xanatos

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 07:08:13 PM »
So here is my technical problem. I got the world to install in my launcher very easily. However when I went into the game the first section of the loading goes great. However when I select unicorn cove loads about half before the game stops. The message that comes up is like the sims 3 has stopped working.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 07:27:37 PM »
So here is my technical problem. I got the world to install in my launcher very easily. However when I went into the game the first section of the loading goes great. However when I select unicorn covert loads about half before the game stops. The message that comes up is like the sims 3 has stopped working does any one know how to fix it. I have tried it several time and would really love it to be fixed.

Unicorn covert?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 12:46:55 AM »
So here is my technical problem. I got the world to install in my launcher very easily. However when I went into the game the first section of the loading goes great. However when I select unicorn cove loads about half before the game stops. The message that comes up is like the sims 3 has stopped working.

It sounds like you don't have all EP and are loading new game.
If that is the case - use save file provided and it should work.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Xanatos

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 07:44:10 AM »
It sounds like you don't have all EP and are loading new game.
If that is the case - use save file provided and it should work.
I belive this to be my problem since I don't have late night. If I open the file the other way will I lose all the extension packs or just the one
I don't own? Also what does it mean when the directions say "expand the file"? Thanks for all your help.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 08:21:50 AM »
When I first played in Union Cove it was running really slow I regretfully demolished a few of the larger houses and it is running a lot quicker. This might help some people.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 09:10:26 AM »
I belive this to be my problem since I don't have late night. If I open the file the other way will I lose all the extension packs or just the one
I don't own? Also what does it mean when the directions say "expand the file"? Thanks for all your help.

Xanatos, you won't lose anything you have. Saved file is a folder that is packed in .rar file so it is just one file to download. You can find it on a same page where UC installation file is shared in guide. When you download it, you may simply doubleclick on it and drag the folder to your Saves folder (where your saved games are). It is named Union Cove Start. Windows 7 is having integrated application to open it, but Zip or Rar will work too. No need to extract it as just draging it to desired location will do the same.
Game is saved with town just loaded without any family active, and time is 8.00 AM as in any game you just start, and there isn't anything changed comparing to original. When you load that saved file, you should get the message Missing Objects and that some objects are replaced (from LN). Other than that all is the same.

Let me know if I didn't explain it well enough (English is not my first language, so I probably sound confusing ::) )

@Ratchie, Joria did something similar, I was able to make it much faster/smoother and saveable by reducing graphic settings.

Offline Xanatos

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2012, 05:23:52 PM »
So I download the correct version. Dragged it right into the right folder. Then I started the game and you guessed it right in the middle of the second stage of loading it stopped working. I am using a windows vista computer by the way. What else is there that I am not doing right to play this beautifully world?

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2012, 05:33:40 PM »
Have you started the new game or from saved file Union Cove Starter? You should load the save file, not new game.
I use Windows XP and I loaded that saved file with just a base game without a single crash, 2 or 3 times in a row, so I really don't know what else might be a problem.

Offline Xanatos

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2012, 05:53:51 PM »
I am a bit confused, about what you mean. Are you saying that when I open up my game and arrive at the loading screen there should be something that says Unicorn cove with my saved games, not in the pull down world browser. I double checked and it isn't there. What it looks like in my save folder is the adobe symbol followed by the words ucsave (3). Thanks for the clarification.

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2012, 04:38:45 AM »
I couldn't try it myself with only 2gb of RAM, but in any case, I'm able to play it on low settings for hours now and save every 30-40 minutes.

I tried and it's working! No more error 12! Thanks :)

Offline Seera1024

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2012, 03:14:37 AM »
While exploring the Union Cove Families, I found that every time I tried to play the Ingles family, I could make that family the active family. But I couldn't Start Playing. The loading thing would pop up for a half a second and then disappear.

All other families were able to load up or I would have posted this in it's own file.

Has anyone else had a problem playing the Ingles family?