Author Topic: Christmas in Paradise - A Saviour Story (Complete)  (Read 9407 times)

SimBlip

Re: Christmas in Paradise - A Saviour Story (Chapter 5)
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2012, 06:17:27 PM »
Eeeep! They know me? They think I'm a celeb?  :o I nearly fell of my chair.
Someone else did as well. I got a phone call from Matthew Hamming: "Teachers! I can't believe those 'girls' mentioned you first. Thankfully, I'm seeing my shrink next week."
LOL, Gogo! I feel most flattered. Thank you very much!  :)

Yay! The Famous Four are going to the Festival, aren't they? The kids will just love it! ;D

Offline jasjam

• Nooboo
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2012, 03:08:20 AM »
Festival! I always love festivals!

Can't wait to see everyone there! This is a brilliant idea!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2012, 06:10:46 AM »
Eeeep! They know me? They think I'm a celeb?  :o I nearly fell of my chair.
Someone else did as well. I got a phone call from Matthew Hamming: "Teachers! I can't believe those 'girls' mentioned you first. Thankfully, I'm seeing my shrink next week."
LOL, Gogo! I feel most flattered. Thank you very much!  :)

Yay! The Famous Four are going to the Festival, aren't they? The kids will just love it! ;D
Solaris has told the Sims of Union Cove all about you. How do you think Kalyan could dream of Holly? Matthew needs to know that he is not as much as a celebrity as he was and that is why he was mentioned second. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Festival! I always love festivals!

Can't wait to see everyone there! This is a brilliant idea!
Thank you! I was trying to think of a way to do something like that and that was the best idea I could think of. Not sure how I will get it to work though!  ::)

I wish you all a Merry Christmas!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2013, 12:51:28 AM »
Sorry for the double post but just so everyone knows, I had planned to write and update in the last week, but got lazy. Then I saw UC was updated so I decided to delete my old UC for new UC but the installation didn't work so I have to reinstall old UC. Sorry for the long wait.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: Christmas in Paradise - A Saviour Story (Chapter 6)
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2013, 06:49:17 AM »
Chapter 6 - Festival Fun Part 2
At least three buses had to make multiple trips from Union Cove Grammar School to the local Festival Grounds on one of the last days of the school year to carry the large amount of students and teachers. While many students had already left Union Cove for an inland resort in Sunlit Tides, a holiday in Monte Vista or a futuristic time in Lunar Lakes.
Eve Wreath, Holly Spirit, Carol Pine and Nicolas Clausa were among the bunch that made it onto the first bus. Roles had to be taken before the students could run amuck.
Almost instantly after the roles, students were running everywhere. Nicolas was already flying across the half pipe.

Carol had run over to the food register to get herself a nice warm hot chocolate. All the students were allowed to bring money to buy food and drink as no food would be provided. It was the only flaw of the ‘excursion’.

Holly walked, slowly, towards the swing set and just sat there, watching everyone. She shivered slightly against the cold weather. The entire school was forced to wear the warmest clothes they owned but the cold still got in through the jacket.

Eve is talking to a few of the other teachers and watching over the swarm of students ice skating. Even a few teachers have put on ice skates.
Carol finished her hot chocolate as the next bus arrived.  Carol looked over towards the buses and saw Holly, alone on the swing set.

She threw away her cup and walked over to the swing set.
“Hey Holly,” she said as she jumped onto the swing set.
“Hi,” Holly solemnly replied.

“What’s wrong?”
“What do you mean what’s wrong?” Holly asked.
“Well, you don’t look excited to be here. We have the entire day here doing whatever we want.” Carol said as she goes higher into the air.
“If we were at school at least I could learn something.”
“But that would be boooorrrinng!” Carol boomed. “Come with me; let’s go build a snowman or something.”
“I’m fine here.”

“Sorry but you don’t get a choice.” Carol said as she pulled Holly off the swing. “Over there looks like a good spot to build.”
Carol and Holly walk over to the snowy area and together begin to build their snowman.

Once the snowman is finished, Carol and Holly look at their work.
“It looks great!” Carol shouted.
“It isn’t half bad,” Holly replied, getting out of her mood, slowly.
“Let’s build another!”
“Fine,” Holly said as Carol got started again.

As Carol and Holly build their snowman army, Eve calls the ‘celebrities’ who are supposed to be at the festival lot. She is greeted by the answering machine. She leaves a message.
“You guys can come down anytime you want but don’t come at the last minute the children are rea”
Eve looked across and saw Alec, Cam, Canary and Kelsey walking out of Eve’s car. She ends her message.
“You’re a little late.” Eve said as she walked over to the Saviours.
“Traffic.” Alec replied.
“The house is around the corner from here.” Eve questioned what Alec is saying.
“Okay, okay, we sort of lost track of the time.” Alec said.
“Go have fun.” Eve sighed as if she was speaking to her students. The Saviours do all run off though.

Alec and Cam are immediately noticed and everyone is flocking around them. Canary on the other hand in the middle of a pie eating contest against students! Canary didn’t go too badly. Losing to students isn’t that humiliating.

Kelsey managed to walk across to where Holly and Carol are building snowmen without much hassle.
“Is it fun?” she asked.
Carol hadn’t seen her come and gets a fright when Kelsey speaks.  “Ah, it’s great fun.”
“It is quite enjoyable.” Holly replied with a smile.
“I say we go build an igloo. I’ve done it once with Alec and Canary and it was lots of fun and warm inside.” Kelsey said getting the girls excited.
Together they move into a more open area and build an igloo, frozen brick by frozen brick.

It felt like only a minute was spent at the festival grounds to some students, due to all the enjoyment, but it was soon time to leave. Holly, Nic and Carol didn’t have to go on the buses so they were able to rejoice in an extra ten minutes of fun before the Saviours took them home. Although Nicolas had the highlight of the day on his way home, teleporting with Canary and Cam since the car can only fit 5.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2013, 07:17:33 AM »
This update has pointed something out to me. Somehow, I've been mistaking Eve and Holly this whole time!  :o Not entirely sure how I managed that one! This is an amazing story. I rather like the Saviours.

Offline jasjam

• Nooboo
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2013, 11:40:53 PM »
It's really interesting! ;D Maybe after this Holly will warm up to the rest! About the flaw of the 'excursion... It's pretty much normal to me. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2013, 11:27:16 PM »
This update has pointed something out to me. Somehow, I've been mistaking Eve and Holly this whole time!  :o Not entirely sure how I managed that one! This is an amazing story. I rather like the Saviours.
Wait, what! A chapter ago Holly wasn't even mentioned but Eve was mainly in it. Were you confused? Thanks Audren.
It's really interesting! ;D Maybe after this Holly will warm up to the rest! About the flaw of the 'excursion... It's pretty much normal to me. :)
Thanks jasjam. Holly is a strange little child. I'm sure she was the only one who wouldn't have preferred learning!

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: Christmas in Paradise - A Saviour Story (Chapter 7)
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2013, 11:36:38 PM »
Chapter 7: Holly Spirit
The school holidays had started and the children were already sleeping in and staying up late. It had stopped snowing but the ground was still covered in snow. Kelsey sat in the dining room having her breakfast and watched outside.

Eve was out at the school finishes off some end of year things while Carol, Nicolas and the rest of the Saviours were outside making snowmen, igloos, snow angels, snowballs, everything snow really.

Kelsey bit the last crunchy part of her burnt toast (she had a knack for burning toast) and washed her plate, along with the rest of the dishes. As she washed the dishes, she thought about where Holly was. Using her telepathy she could feel Holly in her bedroom.

Kelsey grabbed a chair and walked to the door into Holly’s room. She tried to turn the door handle but it was locked.
“Holly, open the door,” Kelsey knocked.
“Why?” Holly asked. She was working on a new painting, the same size as the other.
“I want to talk,” Kelsey knocked again.
“Later, at lunch we can talk,” Holly sighed.
“I didn’t want to do this but,” Kelsey closed her eyes and said calmly, “Holly, open the door.”

At first, Holly didn’t know why but instantly she walked to the door and opened it.
“You’re a telepath,” she said as she returned to her painting.
“Yes.” Kelsey replied.
Kelsey dragged the chair into the room and sat it across from the rocking chair. She pointed to the other chair, already in the room.
“Sit, we need to talk.”
Holly did as she was told and soon Kelsey and Holly were sitting opposite eachother.

“Tell me, why are you here?” Kelsey said.
“My parents left me here when I was a baby,” Holly replied holding back tears, “All of my memories have been here.”
“I’ve been here from the start, Eve’s first orphan. I’ve seen children come and go. I remember Angel Wings, my first friend here. In less than a year some parents adopted her.”

Kelsey remained silent as Holly continued.
“There was Faith Lieght, Glory Stocking, Robin Mistle, December Ivy and many more who have come and gone but there has always been me here.”
“No one ever wants me and it’s because I am different. I am a fairy, the only one in Union Cove. I can assume my parents were fairies but now I just know I am the only fairy in Union Cove.”
“The kids at school don’t respect my wings, they make jokes. No one likes me, Holly Spirit the fairy.” Holly is on the verge of crying and Kelsey can see it.
“Holly,” Kelsey said stopping Holly from speaking, “You’re story is wrong. At least a few parts are.”
“I’ve been speaking to Eve,” Kelsey lied. She had really been reading Eve’s mind. “Your father died in a terrible fire. He was a fairy as you said but his wife was not. Eve took you in and started this orphanage. The reason no one had adopted you is that Eve puts them off you. Makes you seem like a terrible child, when really you are not.”

‘It’s because you aren’t an orphan,” She paused. “ Holly, Eve is your mother.”

SimBlip

Re: Christmas in Paradise - A Saviour Story (Chapter 7)
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2013, 06:31:03 PM »
Wow! Just... awesome!  :D
Oh, and just so you don't think this is a frivolous comment. I did not see that coming at all!!

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: Christmas in Paradise - A Saviour Story (Chapter 8)
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2013, 05:45:34 AM »
Chapter 8 – Snowballs
“What!” Holly shouted.
“She couldn’t give her daughter up for adoption now could she?” Kelsey answered.
“I mean,” Holly thought of the right words to use, “why do we have different last names then?”
“You don’t believe me?” Kelsey asked.
“No.”
“Your father was Christopher Spirit. He was a fairy, the King of the Fae actually. Eve married him and was going to become a fairy like him but she soon found herself pregnant with you and couldn’t take the elixir while pregnant. Soon after your birth your father died in a battle against rogue witches. There was a huge fire, many fairies died.” Kelsey stopped.
“Eve then moved here and started her orphanage.”
Holly jumped off her chair and walked around, deep in thought. Soon she sat onto the rocking chair and began to rock.

“Since you are a fairy like your father, Eve decided you should keep his last name while she kept her maiden name.” Kelsey said.
Holly stood and shouted, “Leave!”
“But Holly,” Kelsey protested.
“You’re just lying to me! LEAVE!” Holly cried.
“Holly,” Kelsey activated her telepathy. “I am telling the truth.”
“Why wouldn’t she tell me?!” Holly said, realising the truth.
“I don’t know. Ask her when she comes home.”
“But Kelsey, tell me, why did you look through Eve’s mind?” Holly began, “I mean, what made you do it?”
“You always intrigued me Holly. Never interested in anything but learning at school, spend little time talking to others and a great painter.”
“How do you know about my paintings? No one is ever allowed in my room.”

“I snuck in when you were at school.” Kelsey confessed as Holly stared.
“I started painting when Carol first came in a few years ago. I found a few pieces of wood in the boxes outside and built an easel. I found a canvas, paints and a paintbrush in the boxes too and after cleaning them up, started to paint. I have probably painted at least 100 paintings.”
“Where are they all!?” Kelsey said surprised.
“I only have one canvas. I clean it after each painting and reuse it.” Holly replied, returning to her painting. “You can go now; I have said and heard enough.”
Kelsey got up and grabbed her chair by the top and opened the door, she brought the chair back to the dining table.

“Kels,” Alec panted walking through the back door, “Come outside we want to show you something.”
Kelsey followed Alec and saw an igloo an a few snowmen.
“Is this it?” Kelsey asked.

“No this is!” Alec shouted as he threw a snowball at Kelsey.
In a few seconds, snowballs were being thrown all over the place; Carol threw at Cam who threw at Alec who threw at Kelsey who threw at Nicolas who threw at Canary who threw at Carol. A snowman or two were knocked in the process and used as barricades. The igloo became an important place to hide.

Meanwhile, Holly thought about what Kelsey had said as she painted. She didn’t know what to think but the constant shouts made it much harder to concentrate.

She stopped and threw her painting gear onto the easel. She threw on her outwear and ran outside. She was unnoticed by everyone and threw a snowball straight into Cam’s face.
“Oww.” Cam said as he stumbled back.

The group of seven continued to throw snowballs, make barricades, build igloos, fall over and have fun for the next few hours and only stopped at dinner. When Eve had returned home, they all continued and no one noticed her watching through the window.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: Christmas in Paradise - A Saviour Story (Chapter 9)
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2013, 02:14:06 AM »
Chapter 9 – Christmas in Paradise
It was Christmas morning, about 7 o’clock. All were asleep in the Wreath household. Eve was awake until late last night, hiding a few presents beneath the tree. It was nothing much. There were always a few presents each year under the tree, no matter what.

The Saviours waited until Eve had placed her presents for the kids beneath the tree before they went in with a large sack of gifts. Together they moved around the furniture in the study and arranged the presents in there. Meanwhile, Holly wriggled in bed, slightly disturbed by the noise in the room next door.

The Saviours then returned to their room and grabbed their packed bags. Alec returned to the house and put a note against Eve’s door to say the Saviours had left. Canary had called a taxi and off they went, back to their home town of Sunset Valley.

As the taxi arrived, it honked its horn and Carol heard it in her dream.

And at a little past 7 o’clock Nicolas woke up and sat on his bed.

He quickly climbed down the ladder and shook Carol.
“Carol wake up!” He shouted, “It’s Christmas!”
Carol rolled and was soon on the side of her bed rubbing her eyes.
“Merry Christmas Nic,” she said, “You wake up Holly, I’ll wake up Eve.”
Ever since he arrived Nicolas was always the first to wake up. He had a job as chief of waking others up.
Both he and Carol ran down stairs and saw the small pile of presents beneath the tree. Nicolas turned left at the tree and Carol ran through the door on the right.

“Eve, it is Christmas!” she shook Eve about.
Eve slowly woke up, “Merry Christmas Carol.”
“Merry Christmas, Eve!” Carol boomed, “Come on, let’s go open presents.”
Nicolas and Holly were already around the tree sitting on some of the dining chairs.

Eve said down and the four exchanged the same two words to each other, “Merry Christmas”.
“Who wants to open their presents first?” Eve said grabbing a present. It was for Nicolas. Eve handed it to Nicolas and he savaged through the wrapping paper.
“It’s a,” Nicolas took the last wrapping paper off, “video game system!”

Eve grabbed the next present and handed it to Carol, “Your turn,” she smiled.
Carol ripped open the wrapping and screamed, “It’s a new laptop!”

Eve bought the best laptop she could afford and it wasn’t too bad. The video game system was also one of the cheapest but that was because of the joint present. Eve picked up a third gift and handed it to Holly.
Eve didn’t even speak before Holly had begun to open the box. Inside was a set of the books she was begging for, The Powerless Seven, written by the famous Charles Saforia. All seven books were inside but she quickly pulled out one to check if it was true.

“Thanks Mum.” Holly said. Normally both Nicolas and Carol would have been confused but both were busy bringing in a gift for Eve. But before Eve could give it to them she grabbed the final gift, a large one.
“The last gift,” she said, “I think I’ll open it. It has all our names on it.”
She peeled off the wrapping and revealed a new TV. The only TV in the house.

“Oh my gosh!” Holly screamed.
“I can play my game on that!” Nicolas shouted.
“Let’s give Eve her present now.” Carol excitedly said, “We put the money we had together and bought you this Eve.”
Carol handed Eve the present and Eve quickly unwrapped it.
“I wonder what it is?” Eve said. In a less than a minute she had unwrapped a shoe rack and four pairs of shoes

“Thanks guys,” she said, giving each child a hug. “Now who wants breakfast?”
“Me!” The three children screamed.
“I’ll just go check something on my computer and then I’ll come and make my famous Christmas pancakes.” Eve got up and noticed a note on her door. It was only then she noticed the Saviours weren’t there. It read:
Dear Eve,
Thank you for having us at your house. We had a lovely time. We have returned to Sunset Valley to celebrate Christmas with our families but have left something in your study.
Thanks,
The Saviours.
Eve held the note in her hand and walked into the study. She was greeted by a ton of presents, all unwrapped but with tags.

“Kids, get in here.” She screamed pretending to be angry.
“It was Carol,” Nicolas said, “I didn’t do anything.”
“Hey!” Carol angrily replied.
They walked into the study and their jaws fell when they saw the amount of presents.
“Are they,” Holly started.
“for us?” Carol finished.
“I think so,” Eve said.

The four spent the next few hours tunnelling through the masses the presents. A bike for Nicolas, a doll house for Carol, new chairs for Eve’s study was just a few of the presents but the best present could be the extra canvases and paints for Holly.
And so, a household that normally had a small Christmas with little presents, ended up with a Christmas filled with joy and happiness and most importantly presents love.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: Christmas in Paradise - A Saviour Story (Complete)
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2013, 09:28:33 PM »
Thank You

I would first like to thank everyone for reading this story. I have enjoyed writing and would’ve finished closer to Christmas, like I had wanted to, if my Sims didn’t keep crashing. Thank you to everyone who commented. It helped to keep me going.

I’d like to thank all of the Union Cove team for creating this great town. Special thanks go to Naga and ratchie for their Sims and to Anushka for creating the lot the orphanage is on.

Things You May Not Have Known

All of the Sims living in the Orphanage and the Sims that Holly named in Chapter 7 are related to Christmas
The house used was originally a starter house and I had expanded it
The Saviours are a part of my other story, Helping Households

Bloopers
While waiting for the weekend to take photos for a chapter, Alec was my first Sim to ever get abducted. Good thing he didn’t return pregnant!

The alien was also looking pretty snazzy with their walking stick.

For the Festival chapter, after the party was over, the children were all doing their homework in the snow.

And so that ends Christmas in Paradise. Hope you all enjoyed. I will now be returning to Helping Households to finish up the first Household there.

SimBlip

Re: Christmas in Paradise - A Saviour Story (Complete)
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2013, 01:07:42 AM »
Aw! What a beautiful ending.
You captured so much of the Christmas spirit. I loved it when Holly called Eve "Mum".
The Saviours did a good job! So did you!!!  ;D