ZapKid - Karoecious
6 (9.4%)
KJSinclair - Blue Smith Cottage
3 (4.7%)
Lilygirl - Sea Harmony
8 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: January 31, 2012, 02:36:26 AM

Author Topic: Building Contests, 2012: 1 - Helping with Resolutions, Comments  (Read 9683 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Building Contests, 2012: 1 - Helping with Resolutions, Comments
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2012, 02:28:25 AM »
Building Contest 2012: 1 - Helping with Resolutions   January 13 - 26, 2012
    Ausette and Agneza!

We have our first tie for first place! Ausette and Agneza tied with 11 Votes! Both entries were superb and really will help their respective Sims on their journey to change their lives. Not to mention the quality in both builds. Congratulations to both Agneza and Ausette! You can download Ausette's Park Palace Here and Agneza's Modern Explorer Here.

Congratulations Ausette and Agneza! Our first tie for first place! Thank you so much to everyone who entered all of the entries were just outstanding and everyone should be very proud of themselves especially because I have seen a lot of development in many peoples building skills from last years contest!  :D The Thread is now open for comments!
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2012, 03:06:14 AM »
Congrats on the win Ausette and Agneza! Well deserved.

Thanks to everyone who voted for me! I am open for any comments and feedback.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2012, 04:47:11 AM »
Congratulations to Agneza and Ausette.  Both of your builds were beautifully done :)

Thank you to those of you who voted for my build, I am open to feedback.  One thing I would say about my build is that it was my first modern build but I think I could of done a little bit more landscaping, or at least using a smaller lot size.  I look forward to reading peoples comments.
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2012, 05:30:49 AM »
Thanks guys! And congratulations to Agneza, 'tis an honour to be tied with you.  ;D

Sassy and Gogo, I loved both your entries. Gogo, I liked your modern theme, and I found it funny how differently we interpreted Annette's style. You've used more purple than I would, but it's subtle and it works. The only complaint I'd have would be the front door (it seems a little old-fashioned) and those two white windows that don't match the others.

Sassy, I think that modern build is some of your best work. There are some touches that don't really work for me (the wooden floor in the bathroom, the extremely bright blue patterns in the bedroom and study), but overall it has an awesome layout and some really cool ideas. I'm open to comments on my own work, as always.

Great choice on the contest theme, by the way. I really liked having a Sim-based challenge. One suggestion though, perhaps any Sims in future content could use less SP/EP content? I didn't have Annette's hair or dress, so it was lucky I was planning a makeover anyway.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2012, 06:25:17 AM »
Congratulations to our well deserved winners.

I would appreciate comments on my build. I will comment on other peoples builds later on,I am about to go do the school run.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: Building Contests 2012: 1 - Helping with Resolutions, Voting
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2012, 06:42:18 AM »
Ausette, I can totally agree about the door. I actually noticed I forgot about the windows after I posted. I too found it funny how we had totally different views on Annette.

I'll come back later for some comments, then I won't have to post too many times.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2012, 08:30:02 AM »
Ausette I love it. It's very very nice! There's nothing I'll change. Congrats.
Congrats Agneza.

Offline ZapKid

• Electronic Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • I'm doing an internet! Woooahhh!
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2012, 09:02:25 AM »
Congrats Ausette and Agneza! They were both great.

Feedback is appreciated for me. :)
Find my builds here. | Last Created; Cubeached
Also, feel free to request a home by PMing me! Always happy to help.

Hey guys I'm taking an extended hiatus... again. I'm out of ideas to build houses and I don't have as much fun designing homes like I used to; it feels more like a chore. So that's where I'll be, I will probably be back sometime. :P

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2012, 09:53:09 AM »
Congrats to Ausette and Agneza!

I'm open for feedback as well.

I really liked having a Sim-based challenge. One suggestion though, perhaps any Sims in future content could use less SP/EP content? I didn't have Annette's hair or dress, so it was lucky I was planning a makeover anyway.

Sorry about that, Ausette, EP/SP content wasn't on my radar at all when I was creating her. *Makes note to go and list EP/SP content for the new Broke family.*

@ Ausette: I love the old world cottage charm of your build! The only thing I can think of to actually comment on is I think a more open concept (although not keeping with the style of the house) would be more suited to a Party Animal's house. Also, love the fitness buddy concept and accommodations in the back yard.

@ Gogo: I love the inclusion of a pool and bike rack (even though using a bike as transportation doesn't raise athletic skill - an oversight by EA in my opinion). I love the combination of tile and brick in the kitchen. I think the main floor 1/2 bath is too dark - not sure whether that's a lighting issue or not. No matter where this lot is placed, Annette will have a lovely view from both her treadmill and workout bench!

@ Sassy: I absolutely love the pool side area with it's sand and beach feel! I think maybe a couple potted palms would have made that "room" complete. The open concept living/kitchen is perfect for reconnecting with friends and family. I love the colours of the tile in the bathroom! A couple notes - In the first picture, it looks like you forgot to recolour the half-wall on the end of the house, and I would love to see over-head views of the floor plan next time.

@ Rachel: I found the minimalist approach an interesting one for a Sim that wants to be more organized -> no stuff = no clutter! Brilliant! I think either the house could have been a little bigger on that lot or the lot a little smaller for that house, the proportion seems a little off to me. Or maybe adding another rock garden on the far right. Inside, I think less dining room more living room would have been better suited to a Couch Potato. Kudos for trying a modern build!

@ Zapkid: Another lovely modern build! You built a lovely kitchen for a Natural Cook, although could I make a RL suggestion: placing the stove across the room from the fridge makes for a highly inefficient kitchen. Although, in light of Annette's New Year's Resolution, I have to give you points for making her walk as many steps as possible each time she prepares a hot meal! The house seems a bit dark - especially the foyer - not sure if it's because the lights are turned off. An overview of the floor plan would be nice next time - helps with orientation.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2012, 04:16:33 PM »
@lily,  there was a lighting issue with the bathroom. I added a light but it would still be dark.

For me I didn't like the look from the curb. I think it was just a personal thing but I did like The entryway. I really liked the clothes and shoe racks in the lounge and all the selfs in the laundry. And the garage was probably the best part.

@Zapkid,  the exterior was appealing but the foyer looks way to dark. I think there could've been a bit more decor in the living room as it seems very bare.

@Rachel, I thought the front looked kind of messy with the sand all over the lot. I didn't like all the white but I did like the bedroom.

@Sassy, I quite liked your build.  I definitely think a rug in front of the stereo would help. I think the pool area was brilliant but the pool looked out of place.

@Ausette, you won. I think that says it all.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2012, 04:53:08 PM »
Congratulation Ausette and Agneza! Your builds were so different in style but similary wonderfull in execution and overall impression, very well deserved victory!

I'm open for suggestions, and will try to wrote detailed comments on each submission tomorow, I'm way too tired for it now :)

EDIT: To avouid doublepost I'll add comments here:)

@Ausette:  I wasn't expecting traditional home for Anette but when I carefully reread abouther it became so clear!It is soo charming and harmonious it will most certainly encourage positive change in any Sim Lifestyle and couchpotato/cook/partyanimal IS an association for a lady who would bake tons of cakes and huge meals for friendly neighboors - hence her weight! I could see her hosting a wild tea party in this house LOL and that cute gym will most certanly encourage fitness:) I love details like books in the kitchen as healthy recipes,  not to mention how great the patterns are!

@Gogo: Very different style for the same Sim as Ausette, and more what I expected for her. I love how you included the fontain features with the pool, and the floral pattern you used, only thing that didn't appeal to me that much is dominant grey outside and mostly covered patio - but that is personal preference. It is a wonderful beach house, great job on it!

@Sassy, I love how you present your submission! It was so fun to read and get to know it! I'm loving the stairs and entrance, and specially the covered  but still open pool! Her office is perfect and sand around pool wonderful addition! It is really a great house and you should be proud of it!

@Agneza (She said she is always open for comments but I really want just to praise her work  ;D ) - When I saw your submission I just had to get it in my game - Love the use of CFE cheat and the idea of half in ground half above home is brilliant - adds a room for tomb, security for coward and multileveling is always appealing to me, as usual your buildings are leaving me speachless with all the details and amazing use of patterns and collors.

@ratchie - WOW you made the wonderful modern build (I'm affraid to even try it anymore) I love the stone base you used and it all looks very neat and easy to manage - perfect for the theme you chose, and adding the displeys was brilliant! You could chose decorations more business oriented, and rock garden with dirt ground could be less paralel - I'm curius why you haven't used any plants there. Still, I love this house and I'm shore Sims will love it too! You did fantastic job on it!

@ZapKid - You know you're great with modern so you went in a safe direction. I like most of it, but landscape looked depriciated instead of simple, and those double walls made the inside too dark and closed sort of. Still, it is a great house and carring your recognizable signature style:)

@Lily, First I was happy to see a build for Aaron, and second, From the outside it may be the most appealing house in this contest! I love all the details you used, multileveling and sharp edges, maybe the walls seem too bright and empty in a contrast to the outside, but I'm loving every part of that house! Wonderful(as usual too hehehe).

So for everyone, I liked how this turned out, it gave us the freedom to think of any style we could associate with any of the Sims, which wasn't easy to decide! I'm hoping to hear comments on the building I submitted and looking forward to future contests!

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2012, 05:50:57 AM »

@Gogo: Very different style for the same Sim as Ausette, and more what I expected for her. I love how you included the fontain features with the pool, and the floral pattern you used, only thing that didn't appeal to me that much is dominant grey outside and mostly covered patio - but that is personal preference. It is a wonderful beach house, great job on it!

Thank you. I wanted to try a modern build and I too was surprised how different Ausette and I styled Annette's house.

I'll post tomorrow on your build Anushka, I need a rest.

Offline Agneza

• Occult
  • Don't worry be happy...
    • Agneza's creations
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2012, 07:44:44 AM »
I'm very happy to share the first place with Ausette and I honestly congrats to her ! I feel much better to be in company. It would be nice if I could change the name "Agnesa's creative office" to the " A & A Creative Company". Thanks to everybody who voted for me and a big compliment to every partecipant. I really enjoyed so much looking at Your excellent works. I had lot of problems with my entry and I thought I'll give up, now I'm glad I didn't.

Thank You Thomas for great contest ideas.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2012, 09:17:26 AM »
Ausette and Agneza's Comments have been added to the Winners Thread as I now have both of them.  :) The quality of all of the entries was very high and impressive!  :D

Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

anything