Author Topic: The Immortal Mythica Dynasty. [Second Attempt]  (Read 1519 times)

Offline Perseus

• Still Learning
  • Llama Wrangler
    • Sudden Impulses (& Long Sentences).
The Immortal Mythica Dynasty. [Second Attempt]
« on: January 29, 2012, 05:48:44 AM »
The Immortal Mythica Dynasty.

The Immortals:
| Demeter Mythica:

From The Greek Goddess: Demeter - The Goddess Of Harvest.
Married To: Leighton Sekemoto Mythica.
Child[ren]: Sam Sekemoto Mythica, Persephone Sekemoto Mythica.
Zodiac Sign: Capricorn.
Traits: Green Thumb, Disciplined, Natural Cook, Snob, Lucky.
Lifetime Wish: The Perfect Garden [6/8].
Lifetime Rewards: Dirt Defiant, Super Green Thumb.
Supermax Skill: Gardening [2/3].
Real Estate: Summer Hill Springs[3/3].

|| Persephone Sekemoto Mythica:

From The Greek Goddess: Persephone - The Queen Of The Underworld.
Zodiac Sign: Aries.
Traits: Athletic, Artistic.
Supermax Skill: Athletic.

The Mortals
| Leighton Sekemoto Mythica:

Married To: Demeter Mythica.
Child[ren]: Sam Sekemoto Mythica, Persephone Sekemoto Mythica.
Zodiac: Pisces.
Traits: Brave, Good, Family Oriented, Frugal, Ambitious.
Lifetime Wish: Surrounded By Family. [1/5]

Only God Can Do Everything. We Do What We're Capable Of.
-
The Mythica Immortal Dynasty.

Offline Perseus

• Still Learning
  • Llama Wrangler
Unnecessary Speech:
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 05:49:24 AM »
I decided to scrap the previous game and try again. I don't need everything to go perfectly, but I still need things to go stable if I have to keep doing something. I want to really try this challenge because it seems fun, and I'll learn more about the game in this process, and finally build a family I'd like to play. I haven't gone in depth with this game, and I always wanted to. This seems like the perfect opportunity for that. Plus I got really attached to Demeter and Leighton. Everything is the same, but I took another route to playing. While I did a few things the same way, I did a lot of things differently. A new thread seemed less confusing for that. And the 'story' for this Dynasty would just be me reciting it. If there is one, we'd see. For now game play, challenge requirements, and the Sims needs are my main focus. ^^

-

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Perseus

• Still Learning
  • Llama Wrangler
Get The Groom!:
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 05:57:47 AM »

This time I sent Demeter out to first meet and marry Leighton. This way she didn't have to worry about him turning into a vampire or wait for him to get free from work or worry about him leaving for a park, or whatever, and she could get an early start on all that needed to be done. This I think was a good decision. I realized now why most of the dynasties I read had their Sim get the spouse first. I saw why they did that then, but now I really get it. The spouse is very important. Specially if it's the first generation.

She met him at 10 AM [she took that long to get a cab and get to his house]. And then after a lot of friendly interactions, they became friends by 3: 45 PM. And then she used all her charm to woo him until he was all hers and mesmerized by 6:55 PM. After that she confessed her crush, proposed that they go steady, proposed engagement and marriage, all within the span of two hours. Just when she was about to ask for him to have a private wedding though, he marched on over to Sam, went into the house with him, and she had to wait until 9:30 to have that wedding of hers. And again, there was no formal setting, just him and her exchanging vows, [is that even legal, BTW?] as Sam and Yumi ignored their existence.

And this time I set the house up as cheap as I could with bare minimum requirements and managed to save about 600 Simoleons. They seemed comfortable in their home too. Although they have been living off 'quick meals', but I promise I'll give them a good meal...someday. And no matter how tired and sleepy they were, they still found time for their first woohoo.

-

Offline Perseus

• Still Learning
  • Llama Wrangler
Busy Working Days:
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 06:04:25 AM »

I don't have too many screen shots at this phase. I was too busy trying to play and concentrate on their needs.

The next day , Leighton started painting, and Demeter went off to the Supermarket to buy some seeds. She bought ten seeds of Lettuce, Tomatoe, Grapes and Apples, each and also bought the book about gardenning, Once she got home she read enough of to get her to the first level of gardening, after which she started planting all the seeds she had. Since she got to the first level, she also got some seeds to plant for free. And after some meddling from my side, she successfully planted 12 seeds of the four items. Tending for these seeds got her skill up to level 5. I was amazed. All in one day.

Leighton had reached level 2 in painting, and had earned some money for the house. They weren't doing so bad financially. Now all they had to do was wait for those seeds to grow and get to the level of harvesting.

-

Offline Perseus

• Still Learning
  • Llama Wrangler
And Progress:
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 06:16:24 AM »

While they waited, I sent Demeter out to catch butterflies, find some seeds and gems. She still hasn't done much in the collecting skill, but in her defense, she has been pretty busy. The butterflies and a few turtles too, got the funds up a few hundreds, but the gems stay untouched for now. Meanwhile she learned whatever she could through gardening skill books, as she waited around for her plants to grow. And also joined the gardening career.

Leighton diligently painted for the two days leave he had from work, and then when they were up, he quit the job and joined the painting career. He is a good artist, and brings in a lot of money for the household.

Finally the day had come when Demeter could collect the fruit of her labour. It took her a while to get it all done. And then she went off to the store and sold her produce and got a double promotion. I see now my mistake the last time. The more seeds I plant, the more money I get [duh!]. The last time I barely planted 10 or 12 seeds. This time however, I planted so many, and along with Leighton's paintings I didn't have to worry about money for a while. It got too busy for me to focus on the funds anyway.

In fact, so busy that soon I had to drag Leighton away from his paintings and help out with tending the garden. Demeter spent almost two days harvesting, and she couldn't just sacrifice her needs for her garden, could she? [I tried in vain.] And so for a while they took breaks and worked on the garden. It was silly, funny, frustrating and sweet in a way that the harvest would come every morning, and they'd still be tending the garden at night. So when they were done, it'd be morning and they'd have to start all over again. It was sweet because Leighton and Demeter worked together, I took a few shots. I couldn't stop smiling then. Leighton really is important, he has helped so much, and has taken up so many jobs. He basically keeps the house running. I don't even know what Demeter does. I'm happy I chose him, I always wanted to play him, and now that I have, I've grown so attached that I don't want him to die. I wish he could become an immortal too.

-

Offline Perseus

• Still Learning
  • Llama Wrangler
The First Celebrities:
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 06:32:43 AM »

But coming back to the worrisome present, as with Sims and life, the craziness passed and everything got back to normal. I try to set up a routine for all my Sims, and try to get them to bed on time, and when that is disturbed I start panicking. But this time I stayed calm, ignored my worries, and had done enough for her to harvest and reach the fifth level in her career, and the ninth level in the gardening skill. Plus she had completed an oppurtunity then called 'Abolsutely Great Produce', and gained a celebrity star. After that I decided to replant. Again, something I had neglected to do in the first attempt.

Replanting is really very important, and I am happy I remembered to do it on time this round. This also reduced the time she took to tend the garden. This time she eliminated half the plants she had produced [a risk I decided to take without thinking too much about it], and replaced it with five of the the higher quality produce, and seeds she found in the graveyard, and the other seeds she didn't plant. Like Bell Pepper, Plasma Fruit, Onions and Potatoes, etc [five each].

Leighton had started producing good paintings now, and reached the fifth level in his career, and the eigth level in the skill. He too had completed an oppurtunity and gained a celebrity level. Now again, all they had to do was wait. And deal with their new celebrity status.
-

Offline Perseus

• Still Learning
  • Llama Wrangler
Those Darn Chimes:
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 06:39:31 AM »

And as they waited, I decided to have them try for a baby. So far I ignored that aspect of the challenge because I wanted to get them at a stable position. The last time I had them try when they had about ten days to age up. This time however, they did when they had seven days. I didn't think it would be wise to have them try before that since they were so busy with the garden. While they waited though, they could work on their family.

And this wasn't easy, surprisingly. I had them try twice on the bed, and still didn't work. I decided to stop trying and wait, just in case she was pregnant and I didn't hear the chimes. But then two days later, without any news of the baby, I decided to have them try again. This time in the shower. I didn't think it would work, to be honest. I thought that it'd be another failed attempt, but no. Surprisingly, it worked. I could hear the chimes, and all that trying got Leighton and Demeter close too. Awesome, no?
-

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Perseus

• Still Learning
  • Llama Wrangler
Comfortable Days:
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 06:50:14 AM »

So then as the plants grew, Leighton worked on Demeter's portrait for Young Adult. I waited until he had a good skill level to try, because I wanted the value to be higher. And it was. I also had him try another time to paint it, but surprisingly that came out looking weird, even though it had a higher value. Never mind though, because she had a good portrait, right there.

And finally Demeter found out she was preggers on the way to the supermarket. She also bagged another promotion. She then went home and immediately announced to Leighton the good news. He gave her a thumbs up and went back to the portrait. And to bed. How romantic!

The next few days she worked on her garden, maxed her skill, and also, I am proud to announce, completed a skill challenge. She had successfully harvested enough plants to complete the harvesting challenge in the skill journal. Plus, she also completed the Uncommonly Good oppurtunity and learned how to plant cheese and eggs. The baby brought some good luch, eh?
-

Offline Perseus

• Still Learning
  • Llama Wrangler
The New Setup:
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 07:02:19 AM »

The last time while Demeter was pregnant, I completely forgot about the requirements for the baby and ended up messing up the house in the process and had to rebuild and build a lot. Now however, I decided to build when it was still daylight and way in advance before the baby came. So the day after the announcement, I set up Persephone's new room. I have an idea in my mind about the Dynasty house, and though this is still a rough format, when [and if] I ever have enough money for it, I'd like each of the dynasty immortal to have a mini home of their own in the plot. I don't want to build a second floor. But I'll keep that out of my mind for now. Here's what I came up with.

Leighton too went off to the Landgraab Sell n Swap to sell his paintings. And along with the Suauve Seller reward, he made a huge profit with the paintings he sold. The household income had been raised to 21,000 by then.

And Demeter ate as many watermelons as she possibly could. She started working on her cooking skills. I realized that they didn't have those skills now because well, they don't cook. So every chance she got, Demeter read the cooking skill guide. And one evening, as she was reading, her water broke.

-

Offline Perseus

• Still Learning
  • Llama Wrangler
Here Comes Persephone:
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 07:16:55 AM »

Persephone came into the Sim world happy and healthy at 8:45 PM. She's an Aries baby. Artistic and Athletic are the skills I chose for her. Artistic so she could help take over the portrait making, and Athletic because this is the skill I'd like her to supermax.

Here's a shot of mother and child coming out of the hospital. Leighton joined them as she was giving birth. When they were coming out of the hospital, I saw Sam: Leighton's son doing his homework sitting out of the hospital. To be honest, even though it is a Sim character, I have been worried about Sam. Leighton's mother Yumi had passed away a few days before Persephone's birth. Now that he is seated out of the hospital, doing his homework, in this weird outfit, I'm regretting my decision to not have him move with them. Leighton seems worried too.

-

Offline Perseus

• Still Learning
  • Llama Wrangler
Leighton: The Super Dad.
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2012, 07:28:19 AM »
And since our first immortal is obviously busy trying to fulfill the requirements, as usual it falls onto Leighton to run the house. He is such a valuable member of the Mythica Dynasty, I am completely in love with him. He's such an awesome dad. And he always has wishes to spend time with Demeter, and now Persephone. In fact, more so than Demeter herself. He also constantly has wishes to speak to Sam and spend time with him too. I try my best to fulfill all of those. It wouldn't be right to separate father and son. And I've tried my best to maintain their relationship to the level of best friends so far. Here's him with the girls:

No matter what the baby wanted, Leighton was there for her. Ignoring his own needs. Demeter though wasn't so bad either. Before and after taking care of her precious garden, she first checked up on Persephone everyday.

I loved their expressions when they were with the babies. They were so...cute!

-

Offline MarianT

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Immortal Mythica Dynasty. [Second Attempt]
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2012, 07:45:55 AM »
You're off to a good start! Leighton can ask Sam to move in with them if you want. He could help with fishing and catching deathfish. On the downside, he has the Evil trait (at least he did in my game), which you might not want to deal with.

I think it's great that Demeter is a gardener -- too bad she can't grow wheat.

Offline Perseus

• Still Learning
  • Llama Wrangler
Full Grown Adults:
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2012, 07:58:39 AM »
The day I had been dreading in the first attempt, and worried about in the second attempt had finally come. Leighton and Demeter both would now age up to adults. They share their birthdays, but are Capricorn and Pisces, can you believe that? Only in Sims!

I thought long and hard about what to do for the birthday. Should I have them throw a party? Should I have them go out on a big date and celebrate? But then neither of them seemed to fit. Demeter still had to tend her garden, and Leighton had to take care of the baby, the bills, and other things. And though they did finish off their chores by five in the evening, I didn't want to send them anywhere with a baby in the house. And so this event too seemed to go as their wedding. But then again they could have cake. They enjoyed that party though.

Here's Leighton cutting his cake. Demeter's expressions are priceless. And Leighton's too. I loved how Demeter got so enthusiastic. I know that's the standard expression of every Sim during a birthday. But the fact that this husband and wife were spending their time together

Demeter cheers him on.

Here's Leighton aging up. He's so proud of turning into an adult.

-

Offline Perseus

• Still Learning
  • Llama Wrangler
Full Grown Adults [2]:
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2012, 08:07:26 AM »
And now Demeter's turn to age up. She's still pretty excited about Leighton's aging up, so she jumped up and down a little as Leighton thought about fruits.

And finally, she too turned aged up.

And finally, the day came to an end with them eating their cake, and then going off to bed. Leighton couldn't wait to end the day too.

Next Up: Persephone ages up to a toddler.
-

Offline Perseus

• Still Learning
  • Llama Wrangler
Re: The Immortal Mythica Dynasty. [Second Attempt]
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2012, 08:12:06 AM »
You're off to a good start! Leighton can ask Sam to move in with them if you want. He could help with fishing and catching deathfish. On the downside, he has the Evil trait (at least he did in my game), which you might not want to deal with.

I think it's great that Demeter is a gardener -- too bad she can't grow wheat.

That is allowed? I didn't know you could move another member into your household. If so I wouldn't mind having him there. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have the evil trait. Leighton has the list of his traits and he has aged up to Young Adult.

Hehe, but she is growing a death flower, and two life fruits. So it's just great that he is a gardener.
-