Author Topic: Union Cove Operating Problems  (Read 2780 times)

Offline Matthew

• Llama Wrangler
Union Cove Operating Problems
« on: January 07, 2012, 03:54:17 AM »
Dear all,

I am having problems with the new world created by this forum, Union Cove.  I only have the base game so I downloaded the saved file and opened Union Cove.  Although I am able to use the world, the objects from the expansion packs are missing and replaced by default items.  A messages says 'Missing Objects Warning'.  What should I do?  Does 'playable' mean that I can play this world, but unable to access to the objects?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Union Cove Operating Problems
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 03:58:14 AM »
Hi Matthew and welcome to our Forum.

Your game is behaving correctly.  Because you only have the base game, you won't have all the expansion and stuff pack items that are included in Union Cove.  The game will replace them with something similar from your items in the base game.  You don't have to do anything special; just say ok to the message about the items being replaced.  You'll be able to play the world unless you encounter other technical problems.

I'm also moving this to the Technical Help board. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 09:20:13 AM »
I really wanted to try this neighborhood out but the launcher says it can't find the EA Download Manager, which sucks as I didn't install it due to errors I got from it and the fact that my computer doesn't have the memory for it. Is there a way I can download Union Cove without EA's Download Manager? :(
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 03:10:33 AM »
I really wanted to try this neighborhood out but the launcher says it can't find the EA Download Manager, which sucks as I didn't install it due to errors I got from it and the fact that my computer doesn't have the memory for it. Is there a way I can download Union Cove without EA's Download Manager? :(
I have the same type of error messages, I just try again and it works. The EA download manager or Origin doesn't have anything to do with downloading lots, as far as I'm aware of anyway. I also have problems but it's with lagging. ;D
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

anything