Author Topic: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: COMPLETED 11/11/13  (Read 310645 times)

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Re: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: Generation 9, Chapter 156 30/6/13
« Reply #1020 on: June 30, 2013, 12:04:44 PM »
Life Without Iris

Laura: Kenyon, I love you!

Kenyon: What have you done?

Laura: Isn't a girl allowed to slightly violently kiss her husband for no reason?

Laura: Also I'm pregnant again.

Kenyon: Is it in there?

Laura: No, I'm storing it in the treehouse until it's ready to be born.

Kenyon: Hello in there baby. Would you like daddy to buy you a teddy bear for when you come out of there? A cute teddy bear for the cute little kid?

Kenyon: Wahoo! I'm going to be a daddy again!

Laura: Come down, Connor needs his nappy changing.

Laura: Men. Seriously.

Connor is my test baby for the new-ish toddler skilling items. Teaching himself to talk was surprisingly quick. I'd say they're probably more use in an immortal dynasty than this one though, seeing as it's not like Kenyon or Laura actually have any requirements to complete and they've probably got time to train Connor.

Connor: Hello fowum.

Laura: Ahhh. Salmon. What? I've got cravings.

Kenyon: And my new book's about a girl who...

Justin: Sounds great. Don't spoil then ending though, for when I read it.

Kenyon: Someone reads my books?!

Meanwhile, Nate is fishing. He's nearly caught the 350 fish he needs...

Nathaniel: I hate fishing. Let me stop.

Kenyon: So. Connor. Remind me how I change your nappy?

Connor: Connor smelly.

Kenyon: I know. That's why I need you to tell me how I change your nappy.

Laura: One more push, one more push...

Maid: Ahhhh! She's dying, help us, help us, help us!

Meet Alison. Named after Alys. She's easily impressed and evil. Odd combination.

Nate and Pansy try to keep their relationship up while Nate's still doing his requirements. He was 20 fish off finishing his skill at this point, still has to finish his career and needs a lot of opps. I don't know why he's just not getting them.

Kenyon: So as soon as I figured out nappy changes on Connor, I'm faced with a nappy change where I can't even see a nappy.

At least you know babies have legs somewhere now.

Kenyon: Yes. That I do know.

Connor teaches himself to walk, outdoors, at 3am. There's some responsible parenting right there.

Justin: I could do with a nap, not to die. But meh. Maybe there'll be beds in the afterlife, and maybe I'll get to be with Iris properly.

RIP Justin, father to the 9th generation but he never quite managed to marry Iris. The game would never let it happen.

Before we end this chapter, spot the heir.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #1021 on: June 30, 2013, 12:15:18 PM »
Connor is SO cute! He looks so much like toddler Kieran to me, even though they aren't even related so it makes no sense.

Laura and Kenyon's conversations are so funny! Kenyon seems utterly clueless. About everything. It's quite adorable.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #1022 on: June 30, 2013, 12:24:06 PM »
I'm hoping that Alison looks like Kenyon. Connor still has his moments of cuteness, though.

RIP Justin!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1023 on: June 30, 2013, 12:29:25 PM »
I hope Justin and Iris are happy somewhere without sharks. Here's hoping Nathaniel gets his ops!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #1024 on: June 30, 2013, 02:57:03 PM »
Nate and Pansy try to keep their relationship up while Nate's still doing his requirements. He was 20 fish off finishing his skill at this point, still has to finish his career and needs a lot of opps. I don't know why he's just not getting them.

Good luck to Nate with his requirements.  I'm beginning to think that the opportunities are the hardest part of all of these dynasties.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #1025 on: June 30, 2013, 07:10:13 PM »
I don't want to know how Iris will react when someone from the Sharks dynasty dies and joins her in the afterworld!

R.I.P Justin. He was a fun and crazy character.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
« Reply #1026 on: July 02, 2013, 02:00:41 PM »
I just read the whole story in three days, I love it so much, you 're giving me so many ideas for my decadynasty.and you have so good sense of humor
My TS3 Dynasty: Avilla TDD

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #1027 on: July 02, 2013, 05:47:44 PM »
This is an odd time to ask this, (as opposed to when she was actually the active heir) but where does Abbie's hair come from? The combination of the colour and the style reminds me of Leliana from Dragon Age. (doubt you've heard of it, but I see it) Is it a Store item or from a stuff pack?

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #1028 on: July 03, 2013, 09:32:45 AM »
Connor is SO cute! He looks so much like toddler Kieran to me, even though they aren't even related so it makes no sense.

Laura and Kenyon's conversations are so funny! Kenyon seems utterly clueless. About everything. It's quite adorable.

Definitely not related! It's probably the generic townie face coming through. I love how clueless he manages to be, his facial expressions every time he picks up a baby don't help. He just looks at them like they're aliens or something (I don't have Seasons installed).

I'm hoping that Alison looks like Kenyon. Connor still has his moments of cuteness, though.

RIP Justin!

So do I. I moved to Twinbrook in hope of some good genes, and first Nate and now Connor look nothing like their dads!

I hope Justin and Iris are happy somewhere without sharks. Here's hoping Nathaniel gets his ops!

So do I. I'm sure both things will work out just fine!

Good luck to Nate with his requirements.  I'm beginning to think that the opportunities are the hardest part of all of these dynasties.

I haven't found it a problem with immortal dynasties, just this one! I think it's a combination of the timeframe you need to get them in and the amount of heirs you've got who you can't overlap with. A lot of mine have have Logic and Athletic skill and it's frustrating when it's only opportunities that've already been done that come in.

I don't want to know how Iris will react when someone from the Sharks dynasty dies and joins her in the afterworld!

R.I.P Justin. He was a fun and crazy character.

Neither do I. And I can't work out if I'd want to be there or not to see it. It'd be funny but also possibly dangerous.

I just read the whole story in three days, I love it so much, you 're giving me so many ideas for my decadynasty.and you have so good sense of humor

Wow, that's a lot of reading! Good luck with your decadynasty, I'll read it if I see it.

This is an odd time to ask this, (as opposed to when she was actually the active heir) but where does Abbie's hair come from? The combination of the colour and the style reminds me of Leliana from Dragon Age. (doubt you've heard of it, but I see it) Is it a Store item or from a stuff pack?

It's a store hair, I think from the Seeing Stars set that came out around the time of Showtime. And yes, an odd time to ask it but we'll forgive you :)

SimBlip

« Reply #1029 on: July 05, 2013, 09:11:20 PM »
Still reading and still enjoying every episode... just so you know. I felt sorry to see Justin go. It's a shame the game never allowed him to marry Iris. I found delays with the new patch too, but a visit to the Spa can soon correct that.
Mood definitely affects skilling at this time.
Connor is so cute and Kenyon's obsession with nappy changes was hilarious.
Lovely update! :)

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #1030 on: July 14, 2013, 10:45:42 AM »
Still reading and still enjoying every episode... just so you know. I felt sorry to see Justin go. It's a shame the game never allowed him to marry Iris. I found delays with the new patch too, but a visit to the Spa can soon correct that.
Mood definitely affects skilling at this time.
Connor is so cute and Kenyon's obsession with nappy changes was hilarious.
Lovely update! :)

It seems to be only certain sims in this file that have the slow-skilling glitch or where their mood affects skilling - the others are carrying on like they were before the fast-skilling glitch hit. Weird. I think I probably need to do a re-install at some point soon to sort out all the weirdness going on. And yeah, I was hoping Justin and Iris would eventually marry, he'd waited long enough really! Perhaps they need an afterlife wedding...

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Re: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: Generation 9, Chapter 157 14/7/13
« Reply #1031 on: July 14, 2013, 11:11:00 AM »
Proof

Firstly, massive, massive apologies for the delay in posting. It's likely to keep being a bit sporadic until mid-August, I'm organising my wedding and that's taking time away from everything else in my life.

Nathaniel: Don't apologise to them. Apologise to us.

Okay, and sorry CrumpleSteel family.

Kenyon: CrumpleSteel-Jones-Brown family!

No. That's far too much of a mouthful.

Nathaniel: Why're we the CrumpleSteels, anyway? Why not Crumplebottom or Steel?

You think your ancestors would have allowed only one of their names to continue on? And also, it was either that or SteelBottom.

But anyway. We start this update proper with a cake for little Alison.

Oh yes. We finally have a baby that looks like the Twinbrook side of their parentage! She's adorable.

Nate is still fishing.

Nathaniel: I would be fishing if I could see the water. Instead, there's two paps having an argument about last night's match.

Pap1: Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Pap2: What was Wenger thinking, sending Walcott on that early?

Pap1: Thing about Arsenal is, they always try and walk it in.

Nathaniel: When will they learn that trying to act like then big men you're not will always end in being involved in a robbery?

Alison: Want to have a big wedding to a rich man when I grow up.

Kenyon: Marriage is about love, Ali-girl.

Alison: No. About money.

Kenyon: There's a MONSTER!

Connor: Ahhh!

Connor's much easier to cope with for poor Kenyon.

Alison: How dare you expect me to go in a potty, Mummy? You should be running after my every whim!

Kenyon has escaped from child-rearing for the time being, to write up his experiences in his new book. Childrearing 101 - How many legs should my child have? and other common questions is sure to be a bestseller.

He's probably only escaped because they're both asleep.

So cute.

Nathaniel: Hello, kid. Want to play with Uncle Nate?

Have you finished catching all those fish yet?

Nathaniel: Umm, yes?

*checks skill journal* You haven't. Get back to it.

Nathaniel: Ohhhhhh.

Connor looks happy enough just with his bottle.

(Disclaimer: This chapter really is mostly toddler spam.)

Kenyon: Wait! Stop! I'm not responsible enough to be an adult yet!

You have two children. If that's not responsibility I dunno what is.

Kenyon: Three children?

Laura has finally gone back to work after maternity leave. I managed to time her preganancies to get her the maximum possible without having to go to work in between.

Laura: Music has got a lot different while I was away.

Alison: They tried to make me use the baby-walker. I'm not a baby.

Alison: How dare they think I'm a baby.

Kenyon: Sometimes I wonder if we should have stopped at one.

Connor: Love you Daddy.

Kenyon: Love you too little man.

And, in other news, Nathaniel introduces sharks to the house.

Was his mother overreacting, or will they spell failure?

Laura: You do know fish can't spell, right?

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #1032 on: July 14, 2013, 11:18:53 AM »
Failure?! I really hope that doesn't happen! It's nice to see the CrumpleSteels again. Rather them than the SteelBottoms!
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #1033 on: July 14, 2013, 11:56:05 AM »
Hurray for a non-generic-looking toddler! Even if Allison is stuck with the awful Jones-Brown cheekbones, she's still a cutie pie. And toddler spam is totally okay with me.

Good luck to Nathaniel on getting his requirements done. As for the tank of sharks, at least they're not in open Twinbrook waters anymore, right?

And I should add my congratulations on your upcoming wedding. :)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1034 on: July 14, 2013, 12:49:40 PM »
You should never have to apologize for being concerned about a wedding.

Connor and Alison are both adorable. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Nathaniel SteelBottom.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

anything