Author Topic: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: COMPLETED 11/11/13  (Read 310055 times)

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Re: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: Generation 8, Chapter 140 10/4/13
« Reply #870 on: April 12, 2013, 03:28:30 PM »
Another meteor?  That's beyond ridiculous.  Poor Ethel, losing her job like that.  Funny, though - and at least no-one got hurt.

Chantal, the sculptor in my DecaDynasty, got a chisel stuck like that for a few days - and she kept hugging her husband and daughter.  Very disturbing.

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Re: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: Generation 8, Chapter 140 10/4/13
« Reply #871 on: April 15, 2013, 02:52:48 PM »
Blink, your dead. Look away, your dead. Mary and Baldy-Head need to learn this. What else should they do when Weeping Simbots attack?

Yay, Doctor Who! Mary Sparrow, prepare to be sent to live yourself to death.

I love Doctor Who too :) And I'm completely terrified of the weeping angels. After the last episode with them on was on, I had to visit a house for work which had a little stone angel on it's balcony. I nearly had to ring my boss and say I wasn't going in!

Another meteor?  That's beyond ridiculous.  Poor Ethel, losing her job like that.  Funny, though - and at least no-one got hurt.

Chantal, the sculptor in my DecaDynasty, got a chisel stuck like that for a few days - and she kept hugging her husband and daughter.  Very disturbing.

I know! I really don't understand why this file has been so full of them! And yeah, nobody died which is good. It really is disturbing when they get the chisel stuck and try and do things, at least Iris didn't hug any children.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Re: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: Generation 8, Chapter 141 15/4/13
« Reply #872 on: April 15, 2013, 03:37:41 PM »
I'm Bad At Thinking of Chapter Titles

We open with a dying paparazzi. I can't say he'll be missed at the CrumpleSteel house. But all his death seemed to achieve was dropping everyone's action queues so they could go up and watch him die.

Ret then decided that while the Grim Reaper was reaping was an amazing time to age up.

Ret: Not ready...that's a waste of those eggs I bought to egg Mary's new house!

But you'll be able to legally go clubbing.

Ret: Nobody checks ID in Lunar Lakes. Sort my hair out.

Josie also ages up.

Josie: Yay, I can finally join the science career!

All six kids are no longer kids. Wow. There's been so many this gen that I've almost forgotten what it's like to not be able to prank.

We sort Ret's hair out eventually. I quite like her actually. She's really pretty without being generic. Gabrielle's and Daniel's more unique genes have meshed quite well into her face.

I didn't manage to get a close-up of Josie in the mirror. I was playing really fast at this point because the crashing in the file was so bad, and she never did get her clothes made over because of all the lag and crashing. You can see in this screenie how badly she's rendering as well.

Her looks are a lot closer to EA generic, but she's still got a few differences and she's still nice looking.

They graduate. Josie gets voted most likely to have a large family (with Eccentric, Handy, Excitable, Friendly and another trait which definitely isn't family oriented). Ret gets most likely to save the world, which considering her LTW is to make friends and she probably won't go to work is interesting.

Ret: I need food, not you musing on our stupid ribbons!

Josie: Just because I got Valedictorian.

That at least was hardly a surprise.

Ret, babe, you're supposed to be making friends not talking about death.

Seeing as Ethel's work location exploded, she joins the sports career with Iris. Nobody's told her the uniform has changed though.

And Mia James had fainted.

Vamp Sports Star: Look at my teeth.

Gala Ball: Don't mind me.

She was also in the Criminal Hideout Blast.

Iris: I'm so proud of my little sisters for graduating.

Ethel: I can't believe Iris beat me today. I hate her. I'm going to get her.

Sisterly love there, Ethel.

Ethel: Well now she's in my way.

I think the two fainted vamps are in your way more than Iris is.

Iris: Gala! Why are you under my feet?!

Why are you standing over her is possibly a better question.

Ethel: I'm out of here.

Iris: I see the forum!

Mia: Poor Gala, it must be really embarrassing to faint outside the sports stadium.

Leaving the vamp/CrumpleSteel/stadium madness behind...

Ret: Hi there, school friend. You're going to become my 10th best friend.

Iris: Oh my God, I think the sharks are coming for me!

Iris: No, wait, I'm just having a birthday.

Overreacting much.

Iris: Why can't anyone else see the threat?

Mid-life crisis time.

While Iris is busy checking her wrinkles, I can show you her collection of space rocks. That meteor was useful for something after all.

At this point we had career, skill, best friends, building, property, collection, tombstone and age all locked in for her requirements, as well as the honour roll in school stuff. She was waiting on a couple of opps and for Ret to finish getting NPC friends.

Seeing as this is the penultimate update of Iris' generation, here's a bonus shot of Josie's bum on fire.

Josie: Yeah, thanks.

And to add insult to injury, Gala Ball becomes a singed vampire zombie at the full moon. Iris isn't impressed by her work colleagues.

Next time - a wedding (and the right one too).

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #873 on: April 15, 2013, 03:44:39 PM »
Woot a wedding I like weddings. You have come so far you must be really proud of yourself.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #874 on: April 15, 2013, 05:42:02 PM »
Poor Gala Ball.... ;D I thought she was a Twinbrook townie, but I must be mistaken. 

Ret is pretty, so is Josie!

I'm sorry about your file crashing, I hope it gets better.  :(

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #875 on: April 15, 2013, 05:49:15 PM »
Woot a wedding I like weddings. You have come so far you must be really proud of yourself.

Rachel

I like weddings too, especially real life weddings. I'm amazed I've got this far actually. I think the DecaDynasty is harder than doing an Immortal Dynasty, there's a lot more to juggle.

Poor Gala Ball.... ;D I thought she was a Twinbrook townie, but I must be mistaken. 

Ret is pretty, so is Josie!

I'm sorry about your file crashing, I hope it gets better.  :(

You're right, she is! For some reason I'd written that down in my notes, and when I looked on the sims wiki just now it's actually Doris Lucas who's the sim I'm referring to. My only defence is that I've been playing in Twinbrook a lot lately... I'll go back and change it now.

And the file crashing never did get better, that's why the CrumpleSteels moved town. It's a shame because I liked Lunar Lakes!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #876 on: April 15, 2013, 06:12:35 PM »
I thought that Iris was just being nutty with referring to Doris as Gala.

I also agree with you on Ret's features; I love how unique she looks, but I think that Josie has her own unique charm too.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #877 on: April 16, 2013, 04:29:21 PM »
I thought that Iris was just being nutty with referring to Doris as Gala.

I also agree with you on Ret's features; I love how unique she looks, but I think that Josie has her own unique charm too.

I don't know if that means I'm more insane than Iris... That's a scary thought. Both of the girls are really pretty, I've been lucky in the genes I've had this generation.

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Re: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: MOVE 8! Chapter 142 16/4/13
« Reply #878 on: April 16, 2013, 05:05:37 PM »
Something Blue

Iris dyes her hair to try and see off her midlife crisis. It doesn't work but it does match her outfit nicely.

Iris: It's a shame you can't match your shoes to your bag in the Sims.

One more day, Gabrielle. You only had to make it through one more day.

Gabrielle: I'm going to see Daniel now though. I'm happy.

I didn't give as much attention to Gabi as I should have. With a full household for most of the time it's inevitable that someone won't get as much spotlight, and it was always her. But she did a really amazing job of having a lot of kids and raising them all.

Albert: MUM!

Josie: So at work today, I...

Typical, the twins come running when a random paparazzi dies but they don't notice their own mother dying.

Iris: Ahhh! Mum! Life will never be the same... oh, is that my last opportunity. Be right back!

Rest in peace Gabrielle CrumpleSteel, and may you enjoy eternity with Daniel.

Ethel chooses this sentimental moment to grab the attention for herself and age up.

Ethel: No loose hair no loose hair no loose hair

And... she ages up 2D. I didn't know that was possible.

Ethel: Sort it. I can't steal while flat!

Last NPC friend - check.

And here's a shot of Iris doing something in the right outfit

Forum: *gasp*

Yes, this chapter has no coherent plot. At least I'm acknowledging it and you get to see all the screenshots I had lying around.

There was supposed to be a screenshot of Iris completing her last opportunity, but instead you get this one of her standing round in China looking confusedly at her own pyjamas. I assume it makes sense to her, but the rest of the world will probably never know.

And when she gets back it's time for...

Iris: What do you think of the shark situation?

No, no, no! It's not time for that!

That's what it's time for!

This is totally a marriage of convenience. Unless someone had learnt alchemy without a placed elixir consigment store, the only available, non-related men were NPCs. So Iris' only option was to marry her best friend Alys and find a baby-daddy on arrival in her new town.

They marry on the spot, just because I don't want a meteor to come and wipe them out before they can. Knowing my luck in this file, it'd happen.

Alys: So what now?

Iris: We get on the shuttle.

Alys: To where?

Iris: Wherever it's going, and wherever there's not any water.

Umm. that's a hard one!

Iris: You'll find a way, or I won't get pregnant.

Eight down, two to go.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #879 on: April 16, 2013, 05:16:13 PM »
Woot! Congratulations, Iris! I can't wait to see where they're headed.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Anna33

« Reply #880 on: April 16, 2013, 05:21:33 PM »
Where there isn't any water? So not the swimming pool then? Iris's hair looks good blue, I can't wait to see gen 9.  :)

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #881 on: April 16, 2013, 05:36:46 PM »
Oooh, I can't wait to see where they move to. Congrats on finishing generation 8! So sad that Gabi is gone...but as she said, she's with Daniel again.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #882 on: April 16, 2013, 06:05:37 PM »
Congrats in the eighth move! Only two more generations until you get your second entry into the Hall of Fame!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #883 on: April 17, 2013, 07:34:50 AM »
Woot! Congratulations, Iris! I can't wait to see where they're headed.

Thanks! You'll find out soon...

Where there isn't any water? So not the swimming pool then? Iris's hair looks good blue, I can't wait to see gen 9.  :)

I'm sure I saw someone build an underwater home on a dynasty once - might have been one of Orange Iguana's attempts. It was awesome but not at all suitable for Iris!

Oooh, I can't wait to see where they move to. Congrats on finishing generation 8! So sad that Gabi is gone...but as she said, she's with Daniel again.

Thanks! Yeah, I'm sad Gabi went just before we moved. Though I think she's probably happier now. Her and Daniel will finally be able to have some time without their kids arguing constantly.

Congrats in the eighth move! Only two more generations until you get your second entry into the Hall of Fame!

Thanks! Here's hoping we get through the next two...

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #884 on: April 17, 2013, 12:32:49 PM »
And... she ages up 2D. I didn't know that was possible.

She could always wait for Flat Stanley to grow up.  (Did you read those books as a kid?)

Congratulations to Iris on finishing her requirements and good luck in finding a shark-free new home.

anything