Author Topic: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: COMPLETED 11/11/13  (Read 310020 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: Generation 9 Chapter 148 19/5/13
« Reply #945 on: May 20, 2013, 04:31:45 PM »
I was wondering when Alys would figure that out...hahaha it took forever! And Nathaniel, trying to give Iris away--hahaha.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #946 on: May 23, 2013, 07:04:43 AM »
Okay . . . so Iris is calling Nathaniel bonkers, because he thinks he has an imaginary friend . . . which Iris's grandma (?) October also had and made real . . . and Mr. Hand agrees.

What is happening to the world?

Yep, October is Iris' grandma. Perhaps we need a family tree...

Not that Iris can call anyone bonkers without being a total hypocrite. Mr Hand and Mr Elbow just seem to agree with everything Iris says.

I agree with Laura, I wouldn't choose to have Iris...Although Alys is also pretty crazy if she only just realised she wasn't the father of Nathaniel...

Neither would I. I've checked and Alys doesn't have the insane or absent minded traits. Possibly there's an unperceptive hidden trait?

I was wondering when Alys would figure that out...hahaha it took forever! And Nathaniel, trying to give Iris away--hahaha.

So was I! For a while I thought she never would. Even though it shot their relationship for a while I'm quite glad she noticed in a weird way!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #947 on: May 23, 2013, 11:28:55 AM »
I don't really blame Laura for not wanting Mummy Iris, although I may have chosen her; a) For the laugh of it, b) Because Iris may feel left out (If she noticed) and c) Because Alys's name is too similar to my own, so that could get confusing. I wonder how the Royal Families manage it. "Hello Prince Henry VIII. Your Father King Henry VII wants to see you."

Also, I love how Nathaniels imaginary friend looked different to how he imagined. Genius!
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #948 on: May 26, 2013, 08:44:20 AM »
I don't really blame Laura for not wanting Mummy Iris, although I may have chosen her; a) For the laugh of it, b) Because Iris may feel left out (If she noticed) and c) Because Alys's name is too similar to my own, so that could get confusing. I wonder how the Royal Families manage it. "Hello Prince Henry VIII. Your Father King Henry VII wants to see you."

Also, I love how Nathaniels imaginary friend looked different to how he imagined. Genius!

Iris isn't quite as dizzy as Alys, so she might well have noticed! And yeah, I've always thought that about the royal family, or any family that names kids after parents. My family's not quite so mad, but every oldest girl has the same middle name which is a little weird.

Nate might not be insane, but he's definitely managed to inherit some of his mum's crazy.

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Re: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: Generation 9 Chapter 149 26/5/13
« Reply #949 on: May 26, 2013, 09:25:07 AM »
Teens

Laura: Tag!

Nathaniel: Urgh.

Justin is still improving his charisma skill. I don't blame him for doing it outside the house given that his conversational partners in the house are either a) children or b) mad and so they'd probably drag his charisma skill down rather than up.

Justin: So, what do you do for a living?

Not that he's moved all that much past the basics by the looks of it anyway.

In the rest of his spare time he upgrades everything in the house to be unbreakable. It's so, so worth it.

Iris: Not when I can't use the sink it's not.

You can't use it when it's broken either.

Iris: Can too. I'll wash stuff in the spray. OMG I should add bubbles!

Laura and Nathaniel: Bob the Builder, can he fix it? Bob the Builder, yes he can!

It's an unusual choice for karaoke, I've got to say.

You won't see very much skilling at all from Nate as a child or teen, because of wanting to get as many of the skill opps for fishing to trigger as possible when he's a Young Adult.

Nathaniel: Beach! Yay!

Twinbrook's beach has it's own special charm, but it's not really the sort of place you'd take your kids on a day out. So Iris, being a highly responsible mother, lets the kids go to the beach by themselves. Because obviously letting kids have unsupervised access to a lot of water is a really, really good idea.

Iris: Don't blame me. Blame whoever made the Sims 3.

Laura: This beach is rubbish. And boring.

Alys: When I was young, all the beaches were like this, and we didn't have video games.

Laura: That's because when you were young it was in the bronze age. No, the stone age!

Nathaniel: It's really cold in the water. Like really, really cold.

Soon they'll have the whole world of teenage entertainment open to them, which in reality means dating and a couple of new skills (most of which Nathaniel isn't allowed to learn anyway). Laura goes first at the cakes, possibly because she's pushy.

She becomes charismatic, so she can be our friend-maker for this generation.

And then Nate, our heir. It's weird knowing that there's only one more baby, toddler and child stage for a heir to go through.

Here he is.

Iris: Yay, a butterfly! Come on butterfly, you can do it!

He's gained the Brave trait. He randomly popped a wish as a child to become an International Super Spy and so he's going into the police as a career. I didn't totally have a plan for him and so that one seems a good as any.

New hairstyle.

New everyday wear.

New formal, complete with snazzy waistcoat.

And teenaged Laura. After gaining the charismatic trait she also triggered a LTW to have a Golden Tongue and Golden Fingers. Again, it seemed as good as any for our little friend-maker.

If Nathaniel's dress style is laid back and casual, Laura's is a bit more out there.

Laura: Oh yeah! Look at me!

I sent Laura round to the Jones-Brown household to see if Jenni's baby was a girl. I was hoping it would be so that they'd be a nice spouse for Nathaniel.

But meet Kenyon Jones-Brown.

Laura: Oh, hey there. I'm Laura. Who're you? Do you go to Starry High?

Kenyon: Umm. I'm... K-k-kenyon.

Laura: Cool name, K-k-kenyon.

Kenyon: T-thanks.

Meanwhile Nathaniel does his homework by himself, before he's even been to school for the first time, oblivious to the fact that his best mate has been out looking for a future spouse for him. He's a weird, weird child.

Nathaniel: I don't get algebra.

They haven't taught it to you yet, might be why.

Iris: Can't you see the sharks are after us! Algebra is useless! You're fired!

You can't fire your own son.

Iris: Watch me!

*gets popcorn*

Justin: Hi there. Hey. Hiya! Hello.

I'll leave you all to it...

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #950 on: May 26, 2013, 09:30:06 AM »
Sorry about the Jones-Brown kid being a boy. They always have such good genes.

As a kid, I swore that Nathaniel ended up with Justin's jaw, but I guess not. He's still a pretty cute teen.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #951 on: May 26, 2013, 01:42:17 PM »
I really wish you could extend Iris's life, because I love her, but I know you need her to go to the afterlife  :'(

Nathaniel and Laura are gorgeous teens! It's a little creepy how much Laura looks like Verity . . .
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #952 on: May 26, 2013, 01:49:22 PM »
Ooh, marry Laura off to Kenyon! Always get Goode genes into the family when you can! And he turned out very nicely. Looks like his father. I find the boys usually do.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #953 on: May 26, 2013, 02:24:19 PM »

Laura and Nathaniel: Bob the Builder, can he fix it? Bob the Builder, yes he can!

It's an unusual choice for karaoke, I've got to say.

It was so tempting to finish the song there!

Laura: This beach is rubbish. And boring.

Alys: When I was young, all the beaches were like this, and we didn't have video games.

Laura: That's because when you were young it was in the bronze age. No, the stone age!

Genius! A simply genius line!
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #954 on: May 27, 2013, 04:24:34 AM »
Nathaniel and Laura are such sweet children! Kinda funny that Laura was out spouse hunting for Nathaniel. Is this really Generation 9? You're so close now!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

SimBlip

« Reply #955 on: May 27, 2013, 07:58:17 AM »
Oooh! Nathaniel is so good looking! I love his hair - both as a child and now as a teen.
I was kind of hoping you would ship Laura and Nathaniel. They are so cute together.
Super entertaining updates as always!  ;D

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #956 on: May 27, 2013, 10:25:47 AM »
You are so right about the Twinbrook beach -- toxic spill, anyone? I also thought Jenni Jones-Brown always had girls. Good luck -- you're so close!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #957 on: May 27, 2013, 03:32:08 PM »
Huh. I can't say I've ever seen the Jones-Brown baby be anything but female in my games. Kenyon looks to be a handsome fellow, at least from the side.

One less spouse prospect for Nathaniel though. :(

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #958 on: May 27, 2013, 05:29:58 PM »
Sorry about the Jones-Brown kid being a boy. They always have such good genes.

As a kid, I swore that Nathaniel ended up with Justin's jaw, but I guess not. He's still a pretty cute teen.

Yeah, for a while I though he looked a little bit more like Justin too. I can't say I'm sad he didn't get the ears, but it's a shame he doesn't look a bit more like his dad. And it was actually Clarissa and Samhain in your Immortal dynasty that made the Jones-Brown kid the first choice spouse!

I really wish you could extend Iris's life, because I love her, but I know you need her to go to the afterlife  :'(

Nathaniel and Laura are gorgeous teens! It's a little creepy how much Laura looks like Verity . . .

So do I. I love playing Iris. I might put her up on the swap shop when I get a chance. And yeah, I find that the IFs all look pretty similar.

Ooh, marry Laura off to Kenyon! Always get Goode genes into the family when you can! And he turned out very nicely. Looks like his father. I find the boys usually do.

That's already my plan! The first nooboo is gorgeous. And yeah, Kenyon has turned out really nice looking (who says all of Twinbrook is ugly?) He's got his mum's hair colour though which seems to usually happen in my Jones-Brown kids.

It was so tempting to finish the song there!

Genius! A simply genius line!

I was humming it for the rest of the day after writing the update. Really, really annoying...

Nathaniel and Laura are such sweet children! Kinda funny that Laura was out spouse hunting for Nathaniel. Is this really Generation 9? You're so close now!

Nate has a LOT of fishing to do. He doesn't have time to hunt for his own spouse! And yeah, scarily close. Here's hoping I don't accidentally marry a vampire now like in my first attempt at this challenge. (That was a lot earlier on in the challenge though).

You are so right about the Twinbrook beach -- toxic spill, anyone? I also thought Jenni Jones-Brown always had girls. Good luck -- you're so close!

I always think of a nuclear wasteland of some kind. Perhaps a bit harsh, but it has that abandoned feel. In my games she's always had a mix of girls and boys, though I don't play in Twinbrook all that often and even when I do I'm really bad at keeping track of the townies.

Huh. I can't say I've ever seen the Jones-Brown baby be anything but female in my games. Kenyon looks to be a handsome fellow, at least from the side.

One less spouse prospect for Nathaniel though. :(

I had to resort to my second-choice spouse, but she's pretty much as good. Slightly strange nose, but at least I know she's a girl!

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Re: The CrumpleSteel DecaDynasty: Generation 9 Chapter 150 29/5/13
« Reply #959 on: May 29, 2013, 07:46:42 AM »
Of Dates and Deaths

Nathaniel: I hate school. And Mum. And Other Mum. And Dad. And having to get up in the morning. And homework. And...

Yeah, he's having a mood swing. Best we leave him to it. That's what I do to my sisters when they're having a mood swing. Except they're all adults and really should have grown out of it by now.

Nathaniel: And I hate watchers.

I hate you too.

Iris: Mature.

This coming from you, Iris.

Iris: I think you'll find I... mrrrghhhhfff!

Alys: I love you, Iris.

Iris: I love you too. Except when you try to suffocate me.

Alys: That's a fair qualification.

Iris: So, be my girlfriend?

The whole Alys figuring out Iris was cheating (finally) broke their relationship and they were just Romantic Interests.

Alys: I don't really want to just be your girlfriend. Aren't I worth more than that?

Iris: You are, but we have to jump through all the hoops or we can't get remarried. I suppose it's a good thing. The date phone calls are annoying enough without random strangers proposing to us.

I once got proposed to by a random stranger. He was drunk, and I turned him down.

Alys: Poor man.

Iris: Excuse me, this is our story, not yours. Go write your own story if you want one. I'm the most important person here.

Alys: Has she always been like this?

Normally worse.

Proposal #2.

Wedding #2.

Alys: I promise to love you, cherish you, and tolerate your constant rants about sharks.

Iris: I promise to regularly inform you of shark sightings in the area and to love you.

The happy couple are (once again), wife and wife. N'aww.

Laura: Auntie Alys, can I ask you something?

Alys: If it's not about your calculus homework, then yes.

Laura: How do you ask someone out?

Alys: Get your friend to do it. Or, failing that, hire one of those planes with a banner behind.

Nathaniel: I hate my family. I'm never going home again.

I know they're mad, but they're really not that awful.

Nathaniel: I hate them though.

Alys is making hamburgers for dinner.

Nathaniel: Cool!

Role-reversal when its the parents keeping the kids up late with loud music.

This picture is solely included because of Iris' eyebrows in it.

Iris: Eyebrow exercise is good for the soul.

Justin has started a blog, called In Kayes of Emergency. So far he's blogged about getting new friends. That isn't exciting, but it's the only screenshot I have of him this chapter.

Laura doesn't have the never nude trait. She's just doing this for the fun of it.

Laura: Got to look good for prom!

Yes, by bathing in your clothes. Obviously. Why didn't I think of that?

Laura: Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

Nathaniel: I don't think I invited you as my date, Kenyon.

Laura: He's mine. Paws off.

Laura gets prom queen and a steady boyfriend out of Kenyon, Nathaniel gets into three fights.

It's time to chase that second-choice spouse. Not that I'm going to tell her she's the second choice.

Nathaniel: You like art? Let's go to the art gallery!

Girl: Who's your favourite painter? I like the Impressionist school, but I can't choose a favourite. Picasso was also pretty awesome.

Nathaniel: Aren't they all dead?

A tourist dies while they're on their date. That'd normally be a bit of a downer, witnessing someone pop their clogs, but Nathaniel isn't put off that easily.

Nathaniel: Yesterday I saw this awesome video on the internet. It's a cat riding a tortoise! The look on it's face is hilarious! Hang on, I'll show you it.

Girl: That's so cute!

Her face is so, so scary like that.

anything