Author Topic: The Marks Immortal Dynasty  (Read 3008 times)

Offline Catarra Nightshade

• I got Cat class...
  • Townie
  • And I got Cat style!
The Marks Immortal Dynasty
« on: February 24, 2012, 05:06:42 PM »
Chapter 1: Let's Get Started

I recently found this great forum that listed instructions on becoming Immortal. Upon the first read through, the task seemed daunting, but the more I thought about it, the more I became convinced I could do it. I read through some journals, learning about other peoples' trials. It gave me a good idea of what I would be facing in my attempt to achieve Immortality. With that information in hand, I realized I had no idea where to start my quest, so I did some more research. And now, I feel prepared to become an Immortal.

My name is Mahogany Marks. You don't need to know where I came from. All that matters is where I am, and that is Sunset Valley. Through all my research, it seemed like the best option for me to achieve my goals. Of course, now that I am here, it has hit me that I have nothing but a big piece of land and very little money. But...I have a plan.

So who is Mahogany Marks? Well, I am an Aries that enjoys Country Music, Autumn Salad and the color Red. I Love the Outdoors, and I have a Green Thumb. I am also very Charismatic, which helps makes me a Born Salesman. And to top it all off, I am Family Oriented. I'd have to be to become Immortal. My goal in life is to have The Perfect Garden.

During my research, I checked in to the citizens of Sunset Valley, and I came across one woman that seemed like the perfect partner in obtaining my goals. She is a young widow that has lots of money and can paint portraits. I immediately set out to find this woman.

I only had to tell the taxi driver her name, and he took me straight to her house just outside of town. I rang the doorbell and was pleasantly surprised by the woman that answered the door. She was a little older than me, but she wasn't hard on the eyes.

After chatting her up and paying her many compliments, I finally busted out my moves. I gave her dozen red roses to make my intentions clear.

After a lot of hand holding, flirting, and just general wooing, I finally got up the courage and confidence to do what I came here for.

I popped the question.

She accepted! I was surprised by how happy this made me. It stemmed from more than just accomplishing my mission for the day...I think...I may even be in love with her!

Feeling light headed and unreal, I headed home. I was getting hungry and tired. While wooing Agnes hadn't been much of a challenge, it had been time consuming. Of course, with my head in the clouds, I forgot about my situation. I had land...but no way of making dinner, and no bed to crawl in to. I quickly gathered my wits together and called to invite Agnes over.

She was surprised by my situation as well.
"Well, dear, we will fix that as soon as we are married," she said as she surveyed the property.
"Well...Agens, sweetheart...why not now? Let's start our life together."

So we did...right there on that big ol' lot. Immediately after exchanging our vows, I took Agnes out to Hogan's Deep Fried Diner for dinner. I asked her to leave her car behind. And as she climbed in to the taxi, I called up a contractor and interior designer.

"Not a problem, Mahogany. I can build you a great starter home, and even allow room for expansion and a museum. Are you sure your new wife is okay with you selling her car?"
"I'm sure. Just do it...quickly. Thanks, Catarra."

Agnes and I were thrilled with what we saw from the curb. The house was quaint, but still had a lot of potential. The eat-in kitchen and living room were in the front of the house. The master bedroom and bathroom were behind the living room, and an art studio and extra room were behind the kitchen. And the house was finely furnished. We would be living in complete comfort. We even have a bit of a nest egg to fall back on. Catarra did a great job.

"It's late, dear. We should turn in." Her words were innocent enough, but the glint in her eye was anything but.

"Shall we start a family right away? Or would you rather wait until we are more established?" Hmmm...that did seem to be the question.

First thing the next morning, I sent Agnes to make over herself.

She definitely needed a new hair style.

And wardrobe.

Agnes loves the color spice brown, classical music, and you can win her over with Lobster Thermidor everytime. She's a Loner and a Bookworm. She enjoys saving money because she is Frugal. And even though she is Grumpy, she is still a Hopeless Romantic. She is also a Libra.

Day One was a success, and I can't help but hope everything runs as smoothly as today did, but I'm delusional enough to actually believe it will. Tomorrow is a new day...and the beginning of the rest of our lives...however long they may be.

• I got Cat class...
  • Townie
  • And I got Cat style!
Re: The Marks Immortal Dynasty: Chapter 1: Let's Get Started
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 06:55:05 PM »
BTW: I am open for comments, suggestions, corrections, etc. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 07:51:47 PM »
Not much to say for first chapter stuff, except that Agnes looks very good with the hair and make-up you gave her.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shady eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 07:59:01 PM »
Good luck to you on your new dynasty.  Aggie makes cute nooboos just so you know. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn
Current Active Stories: Artie's TS4 Dynasty || Grim Rivalries

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 05:54:39 AM »
Good luck with your dynasty!  I love Agnes' makeover.  :)

Oh, if you are using photobucket to make your collages, you can center the picture in the frame by clicking on it and dragging it in one direction or the other. 

• I got Cat class...
  • Townie
  • And I got Cat style!
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 12:03:58 AM »
Thanks, everyone! I appreciate the suggestions for making my photos better. I'm going to work on it. :)

Agnes has been a real gem. Without her, this dynasty wouldn't have made it. And while I love her new wardrobe, her make-up gave me fits. The blush just doesn't look right on her, but I did the best I could.

• I got Cat class...
  • Townie
  • And I got Cat style!
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 12:54:38 AM »
Chapter 2: New Additions

The next morning was bright and sunny...although Sunset Valley is always bright and sunny...but that morning just seemed...brighter and sunnier. Perhaps it was because my first day in town had gone so well. Perhaps it was because my first night as a married man went even better. Perhaps it was even because I was feeling confident I would see this dynasty through. Whatever it was, the day was beautiful.

Agnes prepared waffles for breakfast. She is quite a good cook. We ate in silence for a while, and then I decided it was time to discuss our future.

"Agnes, sweetheart, I want to build a museum." Agnes coughed and spluttered for a moment as she tried to digest my words and her waffles.
"A museum, dear? What did you have in mind exactly?"
"I want portraits of the family. And...ice sculptures!" This was met with more coughing and spluttering.
"Ice sculptures, dear? How do we get those?"
"I thought perhaps you, Agnes my love, could learn to create ice sculptures." At this point, I had to administer the heimlich manuever.
"I'll tell you want, Agnes; why don't you see what you can do with the sculpting idea while I go look for a job?" Agnes didn't look terribly thrilled with the idea, but she didn't say no, either.

So with a quick kiss good-bye, I headed out to find a job.

There was only one field I was interested in, so I headed straight to the science facility. I was in luck! They had an opening for a Test Subject. While the job title was a little scary, it would at least get my foot in the door. And like they say, "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger."

While I was out, Agnes gave herself a quick make over, followed by a quick pep talk.
"Okay, Agnes...you can do this. You can sculpt! You will figure out a way to make long lasting ice sculptures, even if it takes twenty-five tries."

And with the theme song from Rocky playing in her mind...

She set to work. I was so proud of my girl. It only took a handful of clay sculptures for her to gain enough confidence to start wielding a chainsaw and attempting to creat ice sculptures. And she worked tiredlessly while I was out and about trying to obtain my own goals.

The science career is heavy in the gardening department, which is why I was so excited to have such a career. I made sure to take a gardening class, and then went home and started my own garden. I took many opportunities to hunt and gather seeds, as well as tend to the wild gardens around town. It didn't take me long to figure out that gardening wasn't going to be enough, though.

The science geek at the top decided fishing would also be a required skill. So when I wasn't gardening or working, I was fishing. It will all work out for the best, though. Part of becoming immortal is baking a dish called Ambrosia, and one of the ingrediants for Ambrosia is a rare type of fish...the deathfish. I will need all the skill I can gain in order to catch such an elusive fish.

I thought I was being a resonably good husband. Agnes wanted for nothing, and we had an agreement about how our lives would play out, but I was remiss to learn how self-absorbed I had really become. While I was out trying to further my skills and career...

Agnes celebrated her adult birthday alone at home. When I realized my mistake, I apologized profusely. I promised her any gift she asked for. She only asked for one thing, and I more than happily obliged.

I felt horrible that her gift made her sick...and I was not around to hold her hair and rub her back. But she assured me it was all worth it when...

She was so happy when she found out she was pregnant. I knew she had wanted a child for a long time...I had seen the unfinished nursery in her old house.

We discussed names...I had my entire lineage picked out...but she refused all of the boy names.

And then she developed an almost unnatural craving for watermelon.

While I was out restocking our watermelon supply, I also picked up a couple baby books. Agnes wasted no time reading up on pregnancies and newborn nooboos.

And then the day came...

I wish I could say I kept my head on straight...but it's pretty obviouse...I totally freaked out. Fortunately, Agnes is a strong woman, and she got us to the hospital with time to spare.

And then miracle of miracles, we had a daughter! Meet Fern Marks.

While it seems a little early to make such predictions, I just know that Fern is a Genius that Loves the Outdoors. She is also a Gemini that seems to enjoy Pop music and the color Purple. She will probably develope exspensive tastes, like her mother, and crave Frog Legs when she is older.

While Agnes was in labor, I made a quick phone call to my interior designer, Catarra. She happily accepted the task of turning our extra room in to a nursery.

I think she did a nice job, especially incorporating the Crayola color Fern, and Fern's favorite color, Purple.

Since I was still feeling guilty for missing Agnes's birthday, and because I knew she was going through a mid-life crisis, I decided she deserved another gift.

She wanted something expensive. I wanted something family friendly. This is what we ended up with. It's a very nice car.

Of course, bringing Fern home totally changed our lives. While we still worked toward achieving our goals, our days were filled with Fern more than anything. Agnes especially...

But I was not totally out done.

We both cherish these moments because we know they don't last too long. Before we know it, Fern will be a walking, talking trouble maker. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

loveSims

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 11:45:21 AM »
Congrats with the nooboo! The nursery look awesome.

Offline CreativeCrayola

• Katniss :)
  • Immortal
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 12:46:56 PM »
Awesome start! Welcome, Fern!

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2012, 01:01:50 PM »
Good start it looks like Mahogany is a man with a plan,I like that he did some research before he embarked on his dynasty.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

• I got Cat class...
  • Townie
  • And I got Cat style!
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2012, 02:42:13 PM »
Chapter 3: We Have a Toddler!

It seems like Fern was only a baby for a few short days. In the blink of an eye, she grew up. And, sadly, I missed her birthday as well.

It seems Agnes missed it as well. Fern became a toddler on her own in the nursery.

She's a cutie, though. She has my Mahogany colored eyes. I'm guessing the Mahogany highlights I have is the reason why her hair is brown and not blond.

Agnes set to work on teaching Fern how to use the potty and how to walk.

Our little genius is a natural!

Agnes also taught her how to talk.

Agnes: "Sunshine. Say sunshine, as in the weather in Sunset Valley is always sunny."
Fern: "Sunny!"

It was about this time that I really started contemplating my stategy for immortality. I started worrying about Agnes's age, and how I'd complete my museum if Agnes died before Fern could take over. And then an idea struck, so I made a quick phone call.

"You'd like to adopt? Great! We'll send a social worker over right away!"

And then Turquoise joined our family.

Turquoise: "When I grow up, I want to be a Unicorn!"
Mahogany: "You could be a Painter."
Turquoise: "I wanna be a Butterfly!"
Mahogany: "Why not be a Painter?"
Turquoise: "I'm gonna be an Astronaut!"
Mahogany: "I think you should be a Painter."
Turquoise: "I'm gonna be a...Painter!"
Mahogany: "Great! Here are some paint brushes and some canvas. The easel is that way."

Somehow, Turquoise looks more like Agnes and myself than Fern does. If it wasn't for Fern's eyes, I might think she wasn't my daughter.

Of course, adding Turquoise to our family meant rearranging the house again, so again, I called Catarra to get the job done.

Her new room is Turquoise and Irish Green, Turquoise's favorite color. She also enjoys Indie music and Dim Sum. She is a Libra with a Good Sense of Humor. She is also a Slob.

Catarra also added a second bathroom done in the colors Fern and Turquoise for the girls to share.

Since I had forgotten Agnes and Fern's birthday, I chose to celebrate my birthday alone.

With only a tiny celebration, I became an adult. Unlike Agnes, I didn't suffer through a mid-life crisis.

To make me feel better about getting older, I caught my first Deathfish! I already had plenty of life fruit growing in my garden, and I knew Agnes was also working on her cooking skill when she wasn't sculpting or taking care of the kids, so Immortality was slowly becoming a reality. I continued to garden and fish almost everyday, using our Motive Mobile to keep me geared up. I also attended a lot of parties in order to cement some friendships. My career is coming along swimmingly, but I am worried about my Life Time Wish. Eight perfect plants doesn't seem like it should be difficult, but I haven't gotten more than three plants. I'm trying to build up my happiness points...just in case I need to Change my Lifetime Wish.

In other news, Agnes really busted her hump turning out ice sculptures in her efforts to find an ice type that would not melt. She was successful! She finished in time to capture me as a young adult and adult, plus Fern as a toddler.

I am quite proud of my wife. I think I will have to do something nice for her...like buy a venue and name it after her or something.

Fern's toddler days are flying by. Pretty soon she will be too old to play with dolls, like this one...

This is Fern playing with a doll some long distance relative sent. We call it Shamrock. Soon Fern will be in school and ready to work on her skills, and won't have much interest in poor little Shamrock. Although, the way she plays with it, you'd almost think the doll was alive.

Once Fern is old enough, I'm going to give her this scrapbook and journal, and have her fill it. It'll be interesting to see what she thinks.

• I got Cat class...
  • Townie
  • And I got Cat style!
Re: The Marks Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 02:44:06 PM »
I know my wardrobe pics are horrible! I need to work on that, but I have a bit of a backlog, so they will be horrible for some time. I attempted to fix them in photobucket, but the results were not great. I'm hoping no one minds the collages. It seems like a nice way to use redundant pictures while still showing progress.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shady eyes* Not me.
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2012, 03:25:11 PM »
I think you did a great job!  Fern is adorable.

I want you to know for the longest time I couldn't figure out what was going on with the  nursery.  It wasn't until just this moment I realized that was a tree in the wall!  LOL 
Origin ID: Ricalynn
Current Active Stories: Artie's TS4 Dynasty || Grim Rivalries

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2012, 03:35:50 PM »
I love your story so far - what an awesome idea to adopt a painter!  I think you are doing great with the photo collages.  I use them all the time for the same reason you do - so I can show several versions of essentially the same image and to move the story forward.  Looking forward to your next update.  :)

Offline CreativeCrayola

• Katniss :)
  • Immortal
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2012, 12:31:38 PM »
If I ever try another ID, I'm so gonna adopt a painter! Great idea!

I love how you dress your sims!

• I got Cat class...
  • Townie
  • And I got Cat style!
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2012, 09:42:08 PM »
Chapter 4: It's Fern!

Surprise! Daddy gave me this scrapbook and journal and told me it was my turn to fill it in. So, here goes!

I just had my birthday. I'm no longer a toddler. When I grew up, I gained the Artistic trait. Daddy says I can't be a painter, though. He wants me to be sculptor, but I can't start that until I'm a teenager. I don't think it's fair that Turquoise gets to paint all day when she's not even artistic like me. Daddy says she is Ambitious, so she is already working toward her future career as a painter. Since I can't paint, I play chess on the computer. I'm pretty good.

So this is what I look like now...

Mommy let me paint on my face.

For my birthday, I got a whole bunch of new clothes.

And my daddy called a friend of his, and I got a new bedroom!

It's my favorite color, Purple! And since my name is also a crayon color, it's the color Fern, too.

Daddy says it will soon be my responsibility to create ice sculptures to place in his museum, but for now, it's my responsibility to pose so Mommy can make an ice sculpture of me.

Mommy does a good job of getting every last detail in place for the sculptures. I have to pose for my portrait as well. Right now, Mommy paints those, but soon Turquoise will be able to do it.

Every night, Turquoise and I have to do homework. We work together because I'm so smart, and she has more school experience. We both made it on the honor roll.

Every once in a while, we have free time to just play. We like to dress up and build castles with blocks. Turquoise wants to rule the world, so she pretends she's a princess. I want to explore space, so I dress up like an astronaut. I wonder if real astronauts get to wear purple suits.

Turquoise grew up in to a teenager. Check out her hair! She wasn't happy about her looks, so she hurried off to the mirror and dresser to fix her looks. I think she looks much prettier now...

She gets to wear makeup now.

She got a bunch of new clothes for her birthday, too! All her clothes are in her favorite colors, Irish Green and Turquoise. She gained the Savvy Sculptor trait. I asked Daddy why Turquoise gets to learn sculpting AND painting, but I'm only allowed to learn sculpting. He told me that someone had to make sculptures of me, and Turquoise would be that person. I asked why Mommy couldn't do it, and he didn't have much to say about that.

I guess I know the answer. I've done a lot of research on Immortality, so I know Daddy plans for me to live forever with him. And I know from Daddy's entries in the journal that Mommy and Turquoise won't be able to live forever with us. This makes me very sad, but Mommy says to keep my chin up and do as Daddy says. I'm doing my best.

Daddy has a really big garden, and he works on it everyday. One day he discovered he could revive the death flower plants. He says that power doesn't work on the rest of his garden. It's too bad. He would never have to plant another seed if he could just revive all the plants.

This little thing just showed up one day. We call it Errol. I swear it has a life of its own, because it tends to disappear and then we find it in some other completely random place. It's a little creepy when it sits on the back of the bathtub and watches us take a bath.

Turquoise finally got good enough at painting to create portraits, so Daddy bought her a sculpting station. She eventually got good enough with the chisel and hammer that she started using a chainsaw on big blocks of ice. As soon as I am a teenager, I get to learn to sculpt as well. I think that day can't get here soon enough, but Mommy and Daddy seem to think it'll get here much too soon.

• I got Cat class...
  • Townie
  • And I got Cat style!
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2012, 09:49:46 PM »
Thanks everyone for your kind words! I think creating outfits and living spaces is more fun for me than actually playing. :) And after I found a website listing the hex codes for Crayola colors, things got a lot more interesting! I'm glad everyone is enjoying my story so far, and I hope you all continue to read it! I'm certainly enjoying writing it.

loveSims

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2012, 11:19:22 AM »
Fern's room look beautiful! I love the colors. Great update. :)

• I got Cat class...
  • Townie
  • And I got Cat style!
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2012, 11:27:45 PM »
Chapter 5: It's Birthday Time!

Mom and Dad were right about how quickly time goes by. One day I'm playing with blocks, dressed up as an astronaut, and the next, I'm a teenager dreaming of being Prom Queen and learning how to drive.

My hair wasn't as bad as Turquoise's, but it was still bad enough. Pigtails are so NOT my style. Naturally, as soon as we polished off the birthday cake, I headed to the mirror and dresser to give myself a make over.

I'm totally digging my purple eyeliner.

A couple days later, it was prom.

Both Turquoise and I went without a date. We both had a good time at the dance. I was voted Prom Queen! But it was Turquoise that had the best luck. She met a boy. She says she's not interested in dating him, but she does Like Like him, so he's off limits.

Right after Prom, Mom had her elder birthday.

She had been feeling stir-crazy, so she took a short trip in the Motive Mobile, but she didn't make it home again before she aged up. She had her birthday alone on the side of the road. And just when I thought I had seen some bad hair styles, I see the one Mom gained. Yikes! She of course headed straight off to give herself a makeover. She went back to her normal hairstyle, and gave herself a whole new wardrobe.

For a few days at least, things went back to normal. On my birthday, I gained the Savvy Sculptor trait, and Dad bought a sculpting station for me.

I didn't waste any time. I had been waiting my whole childhood to try my hand at sculpting. I gotta say, I'm pretty good. I even registered as a self-employed Sculptor.

Dad decided to purchase his favorite fishing spot. He is still struggling to obtain a perfect garden, and I think he is going to change his life time wish. He's been catching a lot of perfect fish, and he thinks it would be neat to have a Perfect Private Aquarium, so he has been keeping all the perfect fish.

He bought Pinochle Pond, then poured a bunch of money in to it to make it a Three Star spot.

Even though Turquoise and I are quite busy with homework and sculpting, we still found time to entertain friends.

I don't know if that's the boy Turquoise Likes, or if he is just a friend. She's been pretty quiet on the subject. I think she enjoys having something that is solely hers.

Mom and Dad have been drifting apart. Dad takes her for granted. She does so much for the family. She cooks, cleans, sculpts, paints, and keeps everything running smoothly. Dad is always out gardening or fishing or attending parties. Dad finally realized he wasn't being a good husband, and took Mom out on a date. They only went to Hogan's Deep Fried Diner. You would think he could spring for a better meal at the Bistro.

They were like kids again as they watched the stars. Even the paparazzi couldn't ruin their date.

And after a lot of flirting, Mom forgave Dad for his neglect. And as a show of appreciation for his wife, Dad bought the diner and renamed it. It is now called The Turquoise Agnes.

Even though it is now my responsibility to create sculptures and learn to make ice sculptures that do not melt, I still have to take time to pose for sculptures.

I suppose I was feeling a little rebelious that day.  ;D

Time continued to fly by. Before we knew it, it was Turquoise's young adult birthday.

She didn't need much of a make over, but she did get a whole new wardrobe.

But her birthday wasn't the last one we would be celebrating. Dad also had his elder birthday. The funny thing is, he FORGOT it was his birthday, and on a whim, he decided to throw a houseparty. Then right in the middle of his party, he aged in to an elder.

He decided to wait until Immortality was in his grasp before giving himself a make over. He figured seeing his grey hair in the mirror would help keep him motivated.

My young adult birthday is right around the corner. And with that, both Turquoise and I will be graduating high school. We are both looking forward to that!

• I got Cat class...
  • Townie
  • And I got Cat style!
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2012, 02:55:05 PM »
Chapter 6: The Marks Family Takes France

I finally had my young adult birthday! I gained the Friendly trait.

I just love getting new clothes, too.

The day after my birthday was graduation day. I promise you, I graduated...was even voted Most Popular by my peers, but for some reason, I didn't get to participate in the ceremony. I put on my graduation robe at home, and then threw my diploma, and it was done. I never made it out of the art studio. Turquoise got to participate in the ceremony.

She was Valedictorian, and voted Most Likely to Acheive Her Life Time Wish. I was a little disappointed that I didn't get to march with my classmates, but I was proud of my sister. I think I forgot to mention that on her birthday, she gained the Born Saleswoman trait.

We went straight home after the ceremony, and I told Mom we should get my sculpture done. So I quickly posed for Turquoise, so she could paint my portrait, and then I posed for Mom, so she could make my sculpture.

You can see Turquoise is still in her graduation robe.

Why the rush to get my portrait and sculpture done? Turquoise and I had a surprise for Mom and Dad. Since they never got a real honeymoon, and since they had just reconciled their differences, we were all going to France!

Everyone had their own plans for this trip. Dad of course wanted to find new harvestables and fish. Mom decided it was time for her to focus on her goals. Turquoise had to deliver a painting to some guy in France, and then was hoping to find future inspiration. I...had decided to find a husband.

I started the trip by hitting the market place.

Mom and Dad went to the Nectary.

Mom worked on her writing skill. She wants to be an Illustrious Author.

Dad soon ducked out of the Nectary to find a fishing hole.

After shopping, I went to a little park to play chess. And that is where I met...HIM.

His name is Elliot Saint-James, and he is gorgeous! We played chess for a while, and then we chatted and got to know one another. It was during our chat that I found out Elliot is Married. He is newly married to Noelle, one of the market place vendors.

We parted ways shortly after this discovery. I was crushed. I even tried throwing myself at the special merchant, but he wasn't my type. He dislikes art! I decided to cure my crushed heart with food.

Dad was right. I do like frog legs.

Later that night while laying in bed unable to sleep, I made a decision. I wasn't going to let Elliot go. So the next day I found his home, and laid it all out on the line.

I flirted shamelessly, and confessed my attraction to him. He seemed like he could be swayed, so I took the plunge and asked him to leave his wife. He agreed, but warned me that Noelle would probably hate me for it. I wasn't worried about her. My heart was on the line!

As soon as I was sure he was mine, I popped the question.

It was such a relief when he said yes. And without wanting to waste any more time or risk an unpleasant run-in with Noelle, we decided to have a private ceremony right then and there.

Fern: "I vow to you that you made the right decision, and when we get home, you will be able to wipe the slate clean."

Sealed with a kiss.

After we were married, I called everyone back to the base camp.

Fern: "It's time to go home. This is Elliot, my husband. I may have angered his first wife when I stole him. Let's continue this honeymoon at home."

And that is just what Elliot and I did.  ;)

Offline Serena Darrin

• Immortal
  • Back to School
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2012, 09:21:22 PM »
OOh!  I never even thought of trying to nab Elliot Saint-James as a spouse for someone. . . he's quite cute.

Fern: "It's time to go home. This is Elliot, my husband. I may have angered his first wife when I stole him. Let's continue this honeymoon at home."

That just made me laugh. :D

• I got Cat class...
  • Townie
  • And I got Cat style!
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2012, 03:32:16 PM »
Chapter 7: Ambrosia and a Nooboo

Right after we returned from France, my dad started buckling down on meeting his requirements for immortality. He started with getting his portrait and sculpture completed.

I don't think he's very creative with his poses. He always goes for the demure look, when my dad is anything but demure.

He had strived to gain a perfect garden, but try as he might, he just couldn't get more than a few perfect plants. So he changed his lifetime wish and opted to go for a Perfect Private Aquarium instead.

He managed to fulfill his wish. He named every last one of those fishes, and then he turned around and sold them. I'm just glad he didn't decide to send them all to be mounted. I'm not sure what we would do with thirteen mounted fish.

Dad also continued to attend parties. It kind of freaks me out that he knows so many vampires. But dad assures me that he is perfectly safe, and that they are longer lasting, so they will be around long enough for him to reach immortality.

One party did not go so well.

Some sim died, and the Grim Reaper showed up. Dad told me that it was Stiles Mcgraw that passed away, and that he didn't know Stiles.

We knew dad must be nearing immortality when he gave himself a makeover.

He went back to blond with Mahogany ends, but he kept the grey as highlights to remind himself of how far he had come, and how far he had yet to go.

Mom had made a plate of Ambrosia a while back, and it never spoiled in the fridge, so Dad pulled it out one day and sat at the table across from Mom.

And then Dad had reached his ultimate personal goal...he became Immortal.

While Dad was busy achieving Immortality, everday life continued for the rest of us in the Marks house.

Elliot joined the Culinary career. He is planning on taking over as the family cook, but he makes some poor decisions while cooking meals for the family. Dad left some Plasma Fruit in the fridge for his vampire friends, and Elliot has a habbit of using the fruit when he cooks. He made Plasma Fruit pancakes one morning, and Plasma Fruit cobbler one evening. The results are always the same. We end up losing our meal a couple hours later. Dad finally learned to keep the Plasma Fruit out of the fridge.

Imagine my surprise when I felt funny one night, and I noticed my stomach had expanded. I was pregnant!

I really wanted a daughter of my own, and Mom told me that she had craved watermelon when she was pregnant, and she had a girl, so I decided to give it a shot. I only ate watermelon...day and night...for every meal.

Mom warned me about the pain going in to labor causes. I felt prepared. I was surprised.

Elliot was in a panic, but I was cool and calm. Yes, it hurt, but that didn't slow me down. In fact, when it was time to go to the hospital...

I took myself.

After a few more hours...

Elliot and I welcomed our daughter in to the world. Meet Carnation Marks. She is Artistic and Friendly. She is a Sagittarius that enjoys Rockabilly, Ratatouille, and the color Seafoam, and she is going to be a Painter when she grows up.

~                             ~                                 ~                              ~                                  ~

Mahogany Marks
Traits: Loves the Outdoors, Green Thumb, Born Salesman, Charismatic, Family Oriented
Supermax Skill: Gardening
Other Maxed Skills: Fishing, Mechanical
Life Time Wish: The Perfect Garden - Presenting the Perfect Private Aquarium
Life Time Rewards: Food Replicator, Super Green Thumb, Change Lifetime Wish
Career: Science
Properties: Pinochle Pond, Hogan's Deep Fried Diner (The Turquoise Agnes)
Black Ops: A Nice Harvest, Clean Evaporating Dishes, Of Fish, Robots, and Robot Things, Fresh Fish, Uncommonly Good, Catch of the Day
Best Friends: Agnes Crumplebottom-Marks, Morganna Wolff, Sunny Bakshi, Gobias Koffi, Malcolm Landgraab, Julianne the Motive Mobile
Portraits: Young Adult, Adult, Elder
Sculptures: Young Adult, Adult, Elder
Immortality Reached: Week 7, Day 4.

• I got Cat class...
  • Townie
  • And I got Cat style!
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2012, 05:36:30 PM »
*Author's note: Mahogany's sixth Sim friend is Susan Wainwright. Somehow she never made it to the spreadsheet, and I couldn't remember her while writing up Mahogany's ambrosia stats.

Chapter 8: Caring for Carnation

As you can imagine, most of my time...and Elliot's...and Mom's...has been centered around our little angel, Carnation. I love being a mother, and I can tell Elliot enjoys being a father. Mom, I think, is just happy to be able to get to know her grandchild. She really is getting up there in age. It's to the point we are almost afraid to throw parties for fear Grim will crash the party, and decide to take Mom while he's at it.

Anyway, that's enough talk about death. Let's get back on track.

Carnation's nooboo days were pretty uneventful.

Turquoise managed to pin Mom down to have her portrait painted and sculpture sculpted. These items will be placed in the museum. Afterall, with Agnes, this dynasty wouldn't have stood a chance!

Before we knew it, it was time for Carnation to blow out the candles on her toddler birthday cake. We risked an appearance by Grim and threw a birthday party.

Of course, Carnation got a whole new wardrobe for her birthday.

And now that my little nooboo is a toddler, it was time to focus on her skills. Lucky for her, she had more than enough help in her learning.

Even Dad took some time out to hang with his granddaughter. He made sure to read some art books with her.

And Carnation even sat for a little while for Turquoise and I to get her portrait and sculpture taken care of.

And just so you don't think Carnation's toddlerhood was all work...

I can assure you she had plenty of playtime. She especially took a liking to her little doll, Goldenrod. Dad tells me I played with Shamrock much the same as Carnation playing with Goldenrod. I laughed him off, but sometimes I can hear a little voice asking me to let Shamrock out to play.

The following days were like something out of one of Mom's Sci-Fi/Fantasy novels.

First there was this unicorn...Bonnie...at the park across the street. None of us got to meet Bonnie, but we spied on her just the same.

Then disaster struck! Mom, Turquoise, and I were feeling stir-crazy, so we decided to visit one of the local pools. Dad was home, and agreed to watch Carnation for me. Elliot was out and about...and he decided to dine at The Turquoise Agnes. Suddenly, the sky darkened, and everybody went in to a total panic, pointing toward some giant...rock...hurtling toward the diner! The rock...a meteor...hit the diner with a tremendous explosion! I saw it all happen from the pool, and I ran for the diner, knowing Elliot was there. When I got there, it was total chaos. People were singed, cars were exploding, and I couldn't see Elliot anywhere! I got too close to one of the exploding cars and got singed myself. And then I found my darling husband. He was singed, but he was alive! And he was collecting scrap from the exploding cars. I decided I'd help him. We might have an inventor in the family someday.

I was in such a panic, I didn't think to capture any pictures of the meteor until much later.

At the time this picture was taken, the scrap had been cleared, and some people had wandered on home, but you can still see some singed panic ridden people milling around The Turquoise Agnes Diner.

Dad found a new hobby, and was given a new opportunity to find something called Tiberium, so he set out in search of this ellusive gem.

He mined for it.

He went on underground adventures for it.

He even rummaged through garbage in search for this gem. I'm surprised there weren't rumors flying around about this! The paparazzi were following him and snapping pictures! The Tiberium gem continues to elude him, but Dad is determined to find it...even if he has to wait for a later generation to find one while breaking open space rocks.

This will be my last post. Carnation is about to be a child, and as my Dad did with me, I will hand down this scrapbook and journal to Carnation. I hope she will be able to handle the responsibilities of the dynasty. Lucky for her, she has me to help her along.

loveSims

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2012, 12:59:40 AM »
I'm glad the meteor didn't kill anyone! It can be scary. Great update, :)

• I got Cat class...
  • Townie
  • And I got Cat style!
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2012, 01:08:26 AM »
I'm glad the meteor didn't kill anyone! It can be scary. Great update, :)

I was a bit panicked myself! I've had meteors cause glitches as well as damage, so it was even more scary. And when I sent Fern to check on Elliot, and she got caught in the blast from an exploding car, I think my heart stopped. But everything turned out all right, thankfully. :) I am thanking my lucky stars for that!