Author Topic: Lagging on the forum site  (Read 2872 times)

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
Lagging on the forum site
« on: February 23, 2012, 07:01:19 AM »
Am I the only one experiencing a lot of lagging when using the forum and the guide? It seems to take forever to enter into some of the topics and when switching to review something on the guide.

Before you ask, this is a brand new Vaio computer with nothing else on it but the sims and internet connection.

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
Re: Lagging on the forum site
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 09:34:30 AM »
I've never experienced any lag. What browser are you using? I use Google Chrome, which so much faster than Internet Explorer.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 12:28:04 PM »
I've never experienced any lag. What browser are you using? I use Google Chrome, which so much faster than Internet Explorer.

Yes, I've seen a huge improvement in loading times since I've switched from Mozilla Firefox to Google Chrome.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 12:44:40 PM »
I don't have any lag on this site. It always loads fast. I'm using Firefox.
I use to lag on the official site and forums until I made some adjusts to some settings in Firefox to speed it up.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 01:32:23 PM »
I use Firefox exclusively, and I don't often experience lag here.  And when I do, it's the result of my router. 
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 04:43:42 PM »
Loading hasn't been a problem. But, often when I want to switch from the forum to review the guide, I get stuck. I don't have this problem with other internet sites, so I thought it might be that this site has become so popular it has an overload. Now, this evening (here in France it's evening), it's working fine. However, this morning, I waited forever to download the babble thread, and when I wanted to post a pic in reply to something, I was stuck.

Guess, I'll just have to use the forum in the evenings or late at night!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 10:05:01 PM »
I'm moving this to the Technical Help board and flagging it for Carl to review.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 12:48:34 AM »
Could you better describe stuck? Is the screen blank, does the page load partially, or any other descriptors you could provide would be helpful. I'm not seeing any issues with performance as far as the servers are concerned. They are chugging right along without any weird spikes. Now, if you didn't pass 50 posts ages ago I would assume it was an ad freezing things up. I'm curious what your status bar says when this happens. Internet Explorer typically shows a bar at the bottom, other browsers have to have this unhidden. It would say what server the browser was trying to contact while it was hanging.

I do know of a hanging issue sometimes when posting, as the server talks to the database server to send the post data. I am not entirely sure why that happens but it hasn't been so bad as to cause serious issues for anyone.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 03:58:04 AM »
It just sticks sometimes. For instance when I post, it'll stick for a bit and then finally post. Or, when I go to log-out it sticks, before logging out. I'm going to check with my internet server to see if that could be the issue.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 05:14:27 AM »
It just sticks sometimes. For instance when I post, it'll stick for a bit and then finally post. Or, when I go to log-out it sticks, before logging out. I'm going to check with my internet server to see if that could be the issue.

How long does it "stick"?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 01:14:40 PM »
I get this quite often: The screen partially loads and stays that way, and I have to refresh it, sometimes multiple times, to see the whole thread. Doesn't happen on any other site, I'm on Chrome. I'm going to be swapping to Firefox soon though, so hopefully it'll work then. :)

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 01:31:05 PM »
As Fez said it seems to start to work and then sticks. I haven't monitored the exact time, but more than before. It happens most on large threads. Some stories and the babble thread. I think they may need to be cleaned out a bit from very old replies.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2012, 11:36:20 AM »
As Fez said it seems to start to work and then sticks. I haven't monitored the exact time, but more than before. It happens most on large threads. Some stories and the babble thread. I think they may need to be cleaned out a bit from very old replies.

It doesn't happen to me just on old threads, even small threads are affected.

I tried this on my other laptop (the one I use for simming) and it happens there too, using Chrome. Still yet to download Firefox but I do really like Chrome and I didn't really want to change. :-\

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2012, 11:53:06 AM »
I bought this laptop just for the sims, so I keep other functions to a minimum; but (not always) I have a lag. My internet server said it's not from the internet, because this is a new building with the highest level of banwidth (or whatever they call it) The server is also my husband's company and we get excellent service.
Like I said, it's not always; but, when it happens it makes me wonder if I'm posting the same thing twice or not.