Author Topic: What do you consider realistic aging settings?  (Read 36905 times)

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
Re: What do you consider realistic aging settings?
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2012, 08:58:40 PM »
I really like that DeNile, especially your approach of using the fixed length of pregnancy to determine the rest.  I really wish the pregnancy length would change alongside the lifespan setting.

Offline DeNile

• Immortal
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2012, 09:38:33 PM »
I really like that DeNile, especially your approach of using the fixed length of pregnancy to determine the rest.  I really wish the pregnancy length would change alongside the lifespan setting.
Thank you CSquared! I do try my best. Yes, I wish everything would change alongside the lifespan setting. Such as how long it takes to go up the career ladder, how long it takes to be on honor roll, and of course, pregnancy length. :)
The Pendragon Randomacy. My new, and hopefully long-term, story for Carl's forum. Following Anita Pendragon: The Runaway.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline birdy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2012, 10:25:31 PM »
Wow!! That is the most helpful answer yet! I calculated something similar, using 3 days = 1 year but it got reeeally long when I actually played it. So I shortened the age span as I went until it felt comfortable. Interestingly enough, I've ended up with a Sim LifeSpan that's VERY similar to yours! :D

___
Posted using Tapatalk for Android

Offline DeNile

• Immortal
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2012, 09:03:50 AM »
Wow!! That is the most helpful answer yet! I calculated something similar, using 3 days = 1 year but it got reeeally long when I actually played it. So I shortened the age span as I went until it felt comfortable. Interestingly enough, I've ended up with a Sim LifeSpan that's VERY similar to yours! :D

___
Posted using Tapatalk for Android

Thanks birdy! I was thinking 3 days = 1 year at first, then I had a pregnant sim and started thinking about that as well. I think I'm going to try and play one game with those settings, see how it goes. But first, Story Progression and Traveler, because I have work to do with them! My newest lifespan, a third one I didn't post, is essentially marking everything down but babies, and keeping the proportions roughly the same. :)
The Pendragon Randomacy. My new, and hopefully long-term, story for Carl's forum. Following Anita Pendragon: The Runaway.

Offline Gameactive

• Testing Cheats Enabler
  • Townie
  • “But making clichéd Sims is my specialty…”
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2012, 09:45:55 PM »
I normally play with all the lifespan bars at maximum, because I don't want my sims aging up against my will. But I never want to turn it off, either.
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back!” - Cave Johnson, Portal 2
“You ought to upgrade to Windows 7!”, they said. “It’ll help your games run so much better!”, they said. If I see them again, then they had better know how to stabilize an on-the-fritz copy of The Sims 3 that was working just fine on Windows XP.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2012, 10:44:11 AM »
I have been figuring out mine by trail and error,  ;D
I have a weird quirk where I like my numbers to end in either zeros or fives, basically rounding up/down for the most part.  So, I increased to that, babies went to five, adults went to 25 (wasn't going to go down for that age) and the rest in order where it would end in  zero or five, I think in adult I added another 10 after rounding up.

I found it didn't work for me, my sims were aging up before I could accomplish anything, too new to me.

I don't remember what I chose next for my family that now has two children and a set of twins and I am planning on at least one more, maybe another set of twins.

But I have learned from them that I think this will work best, at least for me.

Baby :  2 (five is WAY too long)
Toddler:  10 (a day for each book and my rounding up)
Child:  15  (it just seems right)
Teen:  15  (I may change that but for now I think it will work)
YA:    40  (I think it is enough time to work on career to get a foothold and start a family)
Adult:  40 (I think this is also  good enough time to finish family and be able to finish LTW)
Elder:  20  (not sure what help an elder is; in real llife, a lot, in the game?)

I get to see over time how this will work for me.

Offline birdy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2012, 04:32:19 PM »
Those settings are really close to mine. I think I may have longer teen time though. The teen years are my favorite. O0

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

AdnaanA

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2012, 12:33:00 PM »
Please pm me on how you adapted your options.ini for  the ages

Offline DeNile

• Immortal
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2012, 12:49:06 PM »

We don't change the .ini, we go into the Options menu in the game, go into the tab with the plumbob, and change it from there.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shady eyes* Not me.
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2012, 12:49:40 PM »

I'm fairly certain most people are using the sliders available via options in the actual game and not modifying the game file to get these days.  The sliders either came with the Generations patch or the Generations EP.

Posted same time as DeNile ;D
Origin ID: Ricalynn
Current Active Stories: Artie's TS4 Dynasty || Grim Rivalries

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious

anything