Author Topic: 1.31 Update  (Read 16137 times)

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
Re: 1.31 Update
« Reply #200 on: March 17, 2012, 01:33:23 AM »
I've been waiting for an hour and a half and it's onlu downloaded 26.6 MB LOL. Weird thing is that it says "paused" but it's still showing me the progress and I can see the KB downloading. I hope that's not a bad sign  ::).
Nah, that happens to me every time I update. Its just your computer being weird.
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
  • Sorry for constant avatar changing.
« Reply #201 on: March 17, 2012, 01:53:58 AM »
I've been waiting for an hour and a half and it's onlu downloaded 26.6 MB LOL. Weird thing is that it says "paused" but it's still showing me the progress and I can see the KB downloading. I hope that's not a bad sign  ::).

Oh no, the same happens to me. I see the pause symbol when it's downloading. When I was installing an old patch (while back. Was pretty large), the progress was "paused" so I clicked the button to play. Hoping more progress would be made, I returned from my shopping trip (clicked play then went shopping) to find the bar frozen at 18%. lol :D

I tend to have loud opinions. So sorry. I got tons of issues, lol. I can also be found on Yahoo! Answers.
Click here to view the best dance crew: I.aM.Me

Kids Of Cherryblossom Drive: New Drama

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #202 on: March 17, 2012, 05:05:31 AM »
I see the pause symbol when it's downloading.

That is because you hit that icon to pause the download.  Windows Media Player and iTunes/Quick Time both work the same way.  There's one button for play/pause, and the icon on the button shows you what effect pressing the button will have.

Frey

« Reply #203 on: March 17, 2012, 11:00:30 AM »
 I didn't know it was a common weird thing. I had never seen that happen but I always update while I go to university or go to sleep so maybe it's always been like that.

Offline wednesday21

• Lurker
  • Occult
  • Joker is slightly amused.
« Reply #204 on: March 17, 2012, 11:37:28 AM »
Whenever I have to download a cumulative super-patch like this, I always start the download just before I go to sleep. I don't turn off the computer. That way it can download the patch while I'm asleep. My average internet connection speed is 30 kb/s and I use a download accelerator to speed it up to 60 kb/s so it finishes the download of the patch in about 8 hours.

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
  • Sorry for constant avatar changing.
« Reply #205 on: March 17, 2012, 01:34:42 PM »
That is because you hit that icon to pause the download.  Windows Media Player and iTunes/Quick Time both work the same way.  There's one button for play/pause, and the icon on the button shows you what effect pressing the button will have.

..I meant to say that I see the pause symbol when the patch is still downloading, as in the numbers are moving, percentage raising, etc. I do know how the "pause and play" buttons work, lol.

↑ the progress was still running, though paused.

I tend to have loud opinions. So sorry. I got tons of issues, lol. I can also be found on Yahoo! Answers.
Click here to view the best dance crew: I.aM.Me

Kids Of Cherryblossom Drive: New Drama

Frey

« Reply #206 on: March 17, 2012, 09:23:05 PM »
Yep, that's what I meant too.

Arrrghh now I'm angry. Last night I went to sleep and paused the download, and today I went out with some friends and left the darn patch downloading... but my stupid computer decided to turn off itself! So agter a day and a half, I've only downloaded 5%.  >:(.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything