Author Topic: 1.31 Update  (Read 41355 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
Re: 1.31 + 1.32 Update
« Reply #195 on: March 09, 2012, 05:36:59 AM »
I'm a little confused at the moment so someone please correct me in case I'm wrong, but to play Showtime you need to have patch 1.31 and not 1.32, right? The latter is kind of optional until a new SP/EP or whatever else they come up with is released, correct?

If you're going to install Showtime, it will automatically update you before it will install.  So, you shouldn't need either 1.31.  If the same problems exist in the update included with Showtime and if 1.32 fixes them, you'll have to install 1.32 after you install Showtime.

Also, update 1.32 should be a separate thread to avoid confusion.  I'll start it and share what the update includes.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
Re: 1.31 Update
« Reply #196 on: March 16, 2012, 05:45:53 AM »
Superpatches 1.31/1.32/1.33 have been found to be *a bit* messy and buggy. You can find detailed explanations by Ellacharm3d at Modthesims here:

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game%20Help:Issues%20with%201.3x%20Superpatcher

(As a side note, that section "how to patch" on their game help/wiki is a place I keep in my bookmarks all the time, a gold mine of great info ;-)

Basically, for anybody who used the superpatches 1.31 or 1.32 or 1.33, and experience bugs and weird behavior in their game, it's advised to uninstall and reinstall the base game and patch it manually (first to 1.29, then incremental to 1.31 and then 1.33).

There is a bit of technical details, but if you scroll down you can find the "What you need" and "What you do" sections which are super clear with all proper links for what need.

This is what I plan to do this morning since my game is riddled with small strange bugs and I used the 1.31 superpatch.

@mods: I've copied this post in the 3 threads for the 3 patches since it's related to all of them.
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Frey

« Reply #197 on: March 16, 2012, 11:39:05 PM »
950 MB? Seriously? It'd better be a good patch or I will be really annoyed! My internet connection is far from decent and I've been waiting for a whole century for it to download!

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
  • Sorry for constant avatar changing.
« Reply #198 on: March 17, 2012, 12:03:31 AM »
950 MB? Seriously? It'd better be a good patch or I will be really annoyed! My internet connection is far from decent and I've been waiting for a whole century for it to download!

It's large. 2 hours have passed and still at 26%>_>

I think it's cleaning up the leaked information from the recent patches. On the Sims3 Forums, a member posted a list of the EP7 items. The list was huuge. ._.

I tend to have loud opinions. So sorry. I got tons of issues, lol. I can also be found on Yahoo! Answers.
Click here to view the best dance crew: I.aM.Me

Kids Of Cherryblossom Drive: New Drama

Frey

« Reply #199 on: March 17, 2012, 12:31:46 AM »
It's large. 2 hours have passed and still at 26%>_>

I think it's cleaning up the leaked information from the recent patches. On the Sims3 Forums, a member posted a list of the EP7 items. The list was huuge. ._.

I've been waiting for an hour and a half and it's onlu downloaded 26.6 MB LOL. Weird thing is that it says "paused" but it's still showing me the progress and I can see the KB downloading. I hope that's not a bad sign  ::).

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #200 on: March 17, 2012, 01:33:23 AM »
I've been waiting for an hour and a half and it's onlu downloaded 26.6 MB LOL. Weird thing is that it says "paused" but it's still showing me the progress and I can see the KB downloading. I hope that's not a bad sign  ::).
Nah, that happens to me every time I update. Its just your computer being weird.
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
« Reply #201 on: March 17, 2012, 01:53:58 AM »

Oh no, the same happens to me. I see the pause symbol when it's downloading. When I was installing an old patch (while back. Was pretty large), the progress was "paused" so I clicked the button to play. Hoping more progress would be made, I returned from my shopping trip (clicked play then went shopping) to find the bar frozen at 18%. lol :D

I tend to have loud opinions. So sorry. I got tons of issues, lol. I can also be found on Yahoo! Answers.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #202 on: March 17, 2012, 05:05:31 AM »
I see the pause symbol when it's downloading.

That is because you hit that icon to pause the download.  Windows Media Player and iTunes/Quick Time both work the same way.  There's one button for play/pause, and the icon on the button shows you what effect pressing the button will have.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Frey

« Reply #203 on: March 17, 2012, 11:00:30 AM »
 I didn't know it was a common weird thing. I had never seen that happen but I always update while I go to university or go to sleep so maybe it's always been like that.

Offline wednesday21

• Lurker
  • Occult
  • Joker is slightly amused.
« Reply #204 on: March 17, 2012, 11:37:28 AM »
Whenever I have to download a cumulative super-patch like this, I always start the download just before I go to sleep. I don't turn off the computer. That way it can download the patch while I'm asleep. My average internet connection speed is 30 kb/s and I use a download accelerator to speed it up to 60 kb/s so it finishes the download of the patch in about 8 hours.

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
« Reply #205 on: March 17, 2012, 01:34:42 PM »
That is because you hit that icon to pause the download.  Windows Media Player and iTunes/Quick Time both work the same way.  There's one button for play/pause, and the icon on the button shows you what effect pressing the button will have.

..I meant to say that I see the pause symbol when the patch is still downloading, as in the numbers are moving, percentage raising, etc. I do know how the "pause and play" buttons work, lol.

↑ the progress was still running, though paused.

Frey

« Reply #206 on: March 17, 2012, 09:23:05 PM »
Yep, that's what I meant too.

Arrrghh now I'm angry. Last night I went to sleep and paused the download, and today I went out with some friends and left the darn patch downloading... but my stupid computer decided to turn off itself! So agter a day and a half, I've only downloaded 5%.  >:(.

anything