Author Topic: I need help with my single mother , please!  (Read 57493 times)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: I need help with my single mother , please!
« Reply #120 on: July 01, 2010, 08:59:17 PM »
Ok, gotcha, geeze, rough getting senile :D,   How long have I played this game. lol
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline jersygirl15

• Townie
« Reply #121 on: July 05, 2010, 10:47:14 PM »
Everyone, thanks again for all the advice. I built the second story (only a small bedroom and a small bathroom so as not to waste all the money on building now) and my first son ''Yaz" proposed to his girlfriend the babysitter. They are now married, but the babysitter's lifetime wish is "Surrounded by Family" and it is written that to fulfill it she must raise 5 children from babies to teens. Is that all that it takes?

But I need help with something. Now the household has the old parents (Christopher steel and his wife), Yaz (their oldest son) and his wife, and Yaz's younger brother. I was intending to let the younger brother stay and get married in the same house, but now that Yaz's wife wants 5 children, is it still possible to let the younger brother stay?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #122 on: July 06, 2010, 03:02:41 AM »
Hi jerseygirl.

Yes, Surrounded by Family just means to raise 5 kids from infants to teenagers.  It's a challenging Lifetime Wish because that's quite a large family.  I like it, though, because I love the toddlers!

You have some options.  The elderly couple will eventually die and free up 2 spots in the house.  You can check their Simology tab and see where their life bar is.  They normally live 90 days on Normal lifespan.  You can also move them out of the house before they die, either by buying them a new house or by kicking them out.  Both are done by using the cell phone or computer and selecting "Move."  If you have the 5 kids with Yaz and his wife, you won't have room for the younger brother to have a family in the same house.  You can only have 8 Sims in a household.  You'll only have one empty spot once all 5 of the children are born, until they start moving out.

Something you'll always have to keep in mind as you move into the new generations is that you won't be able to keep everyone in the same house.  Sooner or later, you'll have to wait for someone to die or move someone out.  It helps remember this when you're planning your generations.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline jersygirl15

• Townie
« Reply #123 on: July 06, 2010, 07:55:13 AM »
Yes you are right  :) eventually I will have to let someone go ... I just was hoping to have two families running in the same house, it was to be quite different from having only the parents and their children in the house as usual,
but maybe I can let the younger brother stay for a while ... he can get a wife but make no babies, and when Yaz and his wife make about 3 children, we can then move the younger brother out ....
by the way, I have the aging disabled so the old parents won't die on their own, but I might kill them soon  ???  
When moving people out, do they take from the money?

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #124 on: July 06, 2010, 08:34:43 AM »
If you use the "kick out" when you move, by using the computer, it will not take from your household money, but if you choose a house, they will use the money for the house.  If you have the money, then you can use it, I just usually kick them out and then follow them to see where they go.  They will have zero funds though, so if you want to play them, you might want to go the house they moved into and get them a job.

Offline jersygirl15

• Townie
« Reply #125 on: July 06, 2010, 11:06:41 AM »
OK but now I made the grandfather use his cellphone to move and I wanted him to take the teen out with him ..... I moved the teen to the right side of the screen with the grandfather so that they would both leave , and i clicked "kick out" and a screen appeared with the remaining members of my family asking if I am sure that I want only those to be my family now and I confirmed .. BUT the grandfather left and the teen stayed  ??? 
I want the teen to leave too , but when I try to make him use his own mobile there are no "move " option .. how can I kick him out now without making any other family members leave ?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #126 on: July 06, 2010, 12:31:03 PM »
You have to get an Young Adult or above aged sim and move them out with them. If you invite the grandfather around, get him to think you are friendly and then a 'ask to move in' option should appear.  ;)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jersygirl15

• Townie
« Reply #127 on: July 06, 2010, 02:45:57 PM »
more questions and sorry for bothering *blush*
I bought my sim a reward called "body sculptor " or something , it's worth 30,000 but after I bought it , it said find your reward in the shared family inventory !!  .... where is this and how can I find it ??

AND the grandmother received an oppurtunity called "oh my ghost" it says she should bring the remains of a loved one to the lab .... how can I do that ? (considering that I have kicked her husband out and he died in another home )

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #128 on: July 06, 2010, 04:17:10 PM »
First, you go to buy mode and underneath the "sort by function" is a box.  That is your family inventory and that is where most of the larger objects go.

Second, even if someone dies other than on your lot, you can go to graveyard and click on the mausoleum, and click on "manage the dead".  Their tombstone should be in there and you can move it into their inventory.

Offline jersygirl15

• Townie
« Reply #129 on: July 06, 2010, 08:17:35 PM »
OK done thanks a lot
about the surrounded by family wish .... do the 5 children have to be of her own or can she adopt ?

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #130 on: July 06, 2010, 08:22:10 PM »
I believe they have to be infants, but you can still adopt.  Doesn't it state, "from babies to teenagers".  I am not sure. I know some time back, someone said they adopted youths and raised them to teenagers and it still counted.  So, I am not really sure.  I personally didn't think so.  Pam might know though.

Offline jersygirl15

• Townie
« Reply #131 on: July 06, 2010, 08:30:16 PM »
OK thanks and i wish Pam would tell me soon
I have the 5 children now but if it really doesn't toddlers or children , so I will still need to make 2 more babies.... so crowded  :(
but there is no option of adopting youths ... it's baby , toddler , or child only !!

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #132 on: July 06, 2010, 08:38:29 PM »
If you have five now, once you get them to teenagers, that should accomplish your LTW.  Were they all birthed from the same sim?  Now that I think about it, I might have adopted one and it actually did count.  It was a family that had 13 kids when all was said and done and I had that same wish.

Offline jersygirl15

• Townie
« Reply #133 on: July 06, 2010, 08:40:37 PM »
no only 3 birthed ... the other 2 were adopted ... one was adopted as a toddler , the other as a child!!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #134 on: July 06, 2010, 08:52:08 PM »
Adoptions count for the Lifetime Wish, but they have to be adopted as infants.  If he/she was adopted as a child, it won't count.  I don't believe the toddler will count, either, but it might.  Toddlers aren't really considered "babies" in the game.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."