Author Topic: I need help with my single mother , please!  (Read 57511 times)

Offline malteser60

• Occult
Re: I need help with my single mother , please!
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2010, 04:41:32 AM »
It took soooo long to find a single french guy by knocking on people's doors. lol

Hehe, that made me laugh! Only in the Sims can you find a potential mate by knocking on doors!

Offline jersygirl15

• Townie
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2010, 08:46:37 AM »
I'm glad I got many great answers. Thanks a lot everyone. I'm loving this forum.  :)
I'll try the tips and let you know the progress.  
But I'm still wondering about 2 things. Do I have to call the babysitter before every time I leave the house, or once I hire her, she'll come daily?
The other thing, if i proposed to him, will they live in my female Sim's house or in the male's house? (Because his house is larger than mine and I want them to live at his!)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2010, 09:21:51 AM »
do i have to call the babysitter before every time i leave the house , or once i hire her she'll come daily?

Babysitters are hired on a as needed basis unlike maids who will keep coming until you fire them. The babysitters stay for approximately 24 hours and then you would need to make the call again for the next time.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2010, 12:16:11 PM »

The other thing, if i proposed to him, will they live in my female Sim's house or in the male's house? (Because his house is larger than mine and I want them to live at his!)

After the wedding a screen will come up where you can choose which house they live in.  Be prepared though, he might have other people that he lives with such as his parents and/or siblings or roommates.  Either way, you can make that decision once that screen comes up.  It lets you decide who you want to move into which house and which family you want to be your "active household".

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2010, 12:17:18 PM »
Right, like Metro said, you have to call the babysitter each time you need one.  However, they don't stay 24 hours if your Sim is out of the house.  They stay only until your Sim returns home.  You can also call a babysitter to come stay with the baby just so your Sim can get some rest or relax with skills.  I think this is where Metro is thinking of the 24 hours.  In this situation, the babysitter will stay at the house with you until around midnight, I believe.

When your Sim gets married, you are given the option to choose which house to live in.  If there are others living in his house at the time, you can move them to your old house if there are enough beds.  The only time you won't have a choice of houses is if you marry a Sim who doesn't have a house, like one of the NPC Sims (maid, fireman, etc.).
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2010, 12:57:07 PM »
When your Sim gets married, you are given the option to choose which house to live in.  If there are others living in his house at the time, you can move them to your old house if there are enough beds.  The only time you won't have a choice of houses is if you marry a Sim who doesn't have a house, like one of the NPC Sims (maid, fireman, etc.).

Or if they are foreign sims... I am not sure about the bed thing, my Sim had four people move in and he didn't have a single bed on the lot.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2010, 01:41:51 PM »
Or if they are foreign sims... I am not sure about the bed thing, my Sim had four people move in and he didn't have a single bed on the lot.

I've encountered the bed problem only when I try to put too many Sims in the house I'm leaving.  For example, if all it has is a double bed and I try to leave 4 Sims in my old house, I'll get a message that I must have a refrigerator and enough sleeping space for every Sim living there.  A good alternative in that situation is to let everyone live in the new house at first, then kick out the ones you don't want.  :D

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jersygirl15

• Townie
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2010, 06:42:12 PM »
LOL. Kicking out looks funny.  :D
But I have visited him in his house twice, and no one else was there! Does this mean he lives alone or it's not for sure? He is also "unemployed now." Can I make him look for a job or something?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2010, 06:52:56 PM »
Now I'm curious, jerseygirl.  Who is the guy your Sim wants to marry?

You won't know for sure if he lives alone until the wedding.  Once they are married, you'll have control of the husband, too, and you can have him get a job or anything you want.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline jersygirl15

• Townie
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2010, 07:01:31 PM »
What do you mean who is the sim? Are they the same Sims in all the games? Will you know him!!  :D
All I know about him is that he visited her on the very first day (the first day i started playing). he and another woman came to visit at the same time. I kept calling him and inviting him over, then I made my Sim ask him if he is single and he said yes, and when I open the relationships bar, on his small screen in front of partner it's written " none" so I think I'm sure that he is single, is that right?
And after my Sim had the baby with him, I wanted to see his house so I made my sim visit him at his house twice. I never found anyone there.
His last name is Steel and it says that he is "unemployed."

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2010, 07:22:45 PM »
what do you mean who is the sim ? are they the same sims in all the games? will u know him!!  :D

his last name is Steel and it says that he is "unemployed"

If it's Christopher Steel you're talking about, he's a well known Sunset Valley character.  I'm pretty sure he lives alone.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline jersygirl15

• Townie
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2010, 07:24:26 PM »
Yes, it's him.  So I should keep on my trials with him then!  ;)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2010, 07:28:53 PM »
Christopher Steel is one of the best in town.  And yes, he lives alone.  He's a good catch!

And yes, all of our games start with the same characters in town.  We call them Townies.  But after the game starts, anything can happen because of the story progression.  Even if you have several games set in Sunset Valley, none of them will be the same. 

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline jersygirl15

• Townie
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2010, 07:37:14 PM »
I didn't know that the characters are known and the same for all who play. Anyways, thanks for the tips and I think I'm thankful that I'm that lucky. :D

Offline aws_137

• Townie
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2010, 05:02:04 AM »
Yes, Christopher Steel is great. One of the few Sims that would happily take out fire on your lot. Brave Sims ftw!

anything