Author Topic: I need help with my single mother , please!  (Read 57492 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: I need help with my single mother , please!
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2010, 08:43:05 AM »
-now that Christopher is an elder , can i help him avoid dying soon ?

Feed him Ambrosia

what skills can their son practice while being a "child"  ? , he has the 'athletic" trait , how can i make him use this or where can he practice sports ?

A Child cannot use treadmills or weight machines, but as soon as he hits Teen, he can do so.

if they had another baby , can i put the baby and the child in the same room ?

Not recommended. The baby will wake up anyone in the same room with the crying.

what happens for the children and the money if one of the parents die? and if both of them died !!?

If just one parent died, and the other was still in the household, things would continue and the money would not be affected at all. I'm actually unsure what would happen if a child lost both parents. But, if your oldest child is a YA by the time both parents are gone and is living in the house, then you're good. The household money just remains the same and the household continues.

Offline Delgar

• Townie
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2010, 08:52:55 AM »
See now I have to do an experiment, have a kid and kill off both parents. Evil Sims, evils sims!!!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Delgar

• Townie
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2010, 08:59:31 AM »
I don't know if anyone mentioned this or your aware:

As toddlers your sims can play with two toys that will give them skills later in there life. The xylophone and the blocks. If the toddler finishes all 3 levels of these toys before aging up to child they can start at level 3 in Guitar and Logic.

There are also a bunch of books that toddlers can read that help them with skills as well, I think there are something like 10-12 of them. Each of these books will give the toddler a head start in certain skills later in life.

A child can learn many skills but not all. A child however can't learn, Charimsa, Athletic, or Guitar. A child can't learn Handy but if they us the block table can get a head start in these skill.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2010, 09:01:52 AM »
Delgar, in case you're unaware of this you can just use the Modify button on your posts if you want to add additional info to a previous post.

Offline Sarah

• Townie
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2010, 10:22:45 AM »
For the Athletic trait if you Sim is a child I'm sure they can go swimming which will help develop that trait. I know you can select swimming outfits for Sims aged Child, Teen, YA, Adult and Elder, so I imagine children can go swimming :)
Grr Argh!

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2010, 11:21:09 AM »
For the Athletic trait if you Sim is a child I'm sure they can go swimming which will help develop that trait. I know you can select swimming outfits for Sims aged Child, Teen, YA, Adult and Elder, so I imagine children can go swimming :)

They can work out with a stereo or tv as well!

I'm actually unsure what would happen if a child lost both parents. But, if your oldest child is a YA by the time both parents are gone and is living in the house, then you're good. The household money just remains the same and the household continues.

If there is a teenager in the house then the Social Worker won't take away the younger kids, so you can have a teen looking after a baby even after the parents are dead. If no sim older than teen is in the household then the Social Worker will come and take the kid/s and its's game over.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2010, 01:16:17 PM »
sorry for bothering so often but i have some more questions

You're not bothering us.  This is the whole purpose of this forum.  :)

-now that Christopher is an elder , can i help him avoid dying soon ? , i want him to live ,at least to see his son turns into a teen!

Metro mentioned Ambrosia, but there's also Life Fruit to give him one extra day at a time, and there's the Death Flower.  If he has a Death Flower in his inventory when he dies, Grim Reaper won't take him.  Both of these methods require a high level of gardening skill.

-what skills can their son practice while being a "child"  ? , he has the 'athletic" trait , how can i make him use this or where can he practice sports ?

Painting is a good one for children as they will gain actual skill points for it.  The blocks table will give them a boost when they start the Handiness skill as teens or young adults.  They can swim and work out, but I don't think it goes toward actual skill points.  They can also learn the Writing skill on a computer for actual skill points.  And they can learn the Fishing skill for actual skill points.

- if they had another baby , can i put the baby and the child in the same room ?

Technically, yes, they can both go in the same room.  But as already mentioned, when the baby cries, it wakes up anyone else in the same room.  They'll get a negative moodlet and will lose sleep, which will make them tired the next day.

-what happens for the children and the money if one of the parents die? and if both of them died !!?

As long as one of the children is at least a teenager, the household will simply continue when the parents die.  You'll keep control of the ones remaining in the house and the money will still be there for you to use.  If there's no teenager, the Social Worker will take the children and your game ends.  I've never had that happen, personally.

Check the Guide for more help on parenting and raising children:

Surrounded by Family Walkthrough

Baby Boomer Challenge Walkthrough

Parenting Guide
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2010, 01:51:07 PM »
There could be a death flower in the Graveyard if it has not been harvested! My game ended in a fire one time...  :(
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2010, 01:56:09 PM »
There could be a death flower in the Graveyard if it has not been harvested! My game ended in a fire one time...  :(

Yes, that's right!  The Death Flower plant is located right next to the entrance of the graveyard.  If there's no Death Flower there when you check, keep going back a few days and one should appear.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline catlover

• Townie
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2010, 05:47:55 PM »
In my game, after I harvested the death flower the first time at the graveyard it did not grow a new one. It sits barren. But, you can gather seeds around the graveyard and around the town and will most likely end up with the seed to grow new ones on your lot. I think they are considered a "rare" seed. You can also explore the catacombs and possibly come out with a death flower seed. It is purely coincidental though. I once had a Sim who was fishing pull up a box that had a death flower inside of it!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2010, 06:33:18 PM »
I think Death Flowers are actually "Special" seeds, like Life Fruit and Flame Fruit.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline jersygirl15

• Townie
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2010, 07:02:54 PM »
Sorry, but where can I find Ambrosia? And I still don't understand how to use this death flower. Do I feed it to him daily?

I was thinking that, if the family has a teen or YA friend, can I ask him/her to move in with the family? So that if the parents died, that family friend will keep the children and take care of them.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2010, 07:06:56 PM »
You don't find Ambrosia. You make it. It's a cooking recipe. Read the link I provided at the top.

Offline jersygirl15

• Townie
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2010, 08:06:08 PM »
What about the other solution I suggested?  Because I'm afraid both parents won't have enough time to work on cooking, gardening or fishing skills and reach enough levels.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2010, 09:08:14 PM »
Jerseygirl,

Unless the parents have an accident, they will live long enough to raise the kids.  Especially the mother.  Christopher might not make it because he's quite a bit older than your original Sim, if I understand it right.  Children take only 14 Sim days to grow into a teenager if you're on normal lifespan.  Teenagers take 21 days to age up.  All of the adult stages take more than that.  So, even if the mother ages to elderly right after giving birth, she'll still have plenty of time to raise the child if she dies of old age.

You really should read through the Guide links we've given you.  There's so much information that will help you figure out all the stuff with the game.  Everything we're telling you is already written down on the Guide pages just waiting for you.  

And I still don't understand how to use this death flower. Do I feed it to him daily?

The Death Flower grows on a plant that looks like the tomato and bell pepper plants.  You can grow it yourself when you have a level 7 gardner.  You find seeds for it around town, especially at the graveyard.  There is also a full grown Death Flower plant just inside the gates of the graveyard.  If it's ready for harvest, you just click on the plant and have your Sim harvest the flower.  The way it works is that when a Sim is carrying a Death Flower in his inventory and dies with the flower still there, the Grim Reaper will come like always, but the Sim will whip out the Death Flower and give it to Grim.  Grim will be all happy about it and will spare your Sim.  It will put your Sim back at the beginning of the current life phase.  For example, if your Sim dies of old age and has the Death Flower in inventory, he won't be taken by Grim and his age will be reset at the beginning of the elderly phase.  It also works if your Sim dies of an accident.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

anything